Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 PM

Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? (16083 Views)

Tragedy As Alfa Slumps And Dies In Oyo State (Photos) / I Need A Good Alfa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? by Sarcasm01: 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
waw! i really gain in this argument, jazakum llah khaeran
Re: Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 24, 2016
IAIT:

I will not go as far as saying asking some to make dua for you is 'Shirk' as OP had mentioned. I was only merely pointing out with evidence that it is very permissible to ask someone to make dua for you.

I think you misread the write up. It was never stated that asking someone to pray for you was shirk and I made mention of that in my previous reply.

"Moving on to discussing the third reason, which is going to an Alfa for prayers.

As cited by Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid from Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 212

Asking a person to make du’aa’ for you who you think will have his du’aa’s answered, either because of his righteousness or because he is going to a place where one hopes his du’aa’s will be answered, such as travelling or going for Hajj or ‘Umrah, etc., is OK in principle.
But if there is the fear that something that is not right may result from it, such as the person who makes the request relying on the person whom he has asked, or always relying on other people with regard to matters in which he should call on his Lord, or there is the fear that the person of whom the request is made may become arrogant and think that he has reached such a level that people ask him to make du’aa’ for them, then this is sufficient reason not to do this, because in this case it leads to something that is not right.

If it does not lead to something that is not right, then in principle it is permissible, but still we say that it should not be done, because it was not the custom of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) to ask one another to make du’aa’ for themselves."
Re: Lets Talk Alfa Fulan | Do We Really Need Alfas? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2016
rbjimoh:
. What a great religious leader Jabata would have being! I was once his ardent follower before he derailed (wayback unilorin days 2005/2006). I attended all his sunday lectures at Ilorin central mosque. He was challenged by many scholars in Ilorin to provide evidence in Qur'an or Sunnah that supports his idealogy but he was recalcitrant. I witnessed the argument that brought his defeat by Uztads Sarumi and that marked the end of his lectures in the mosque. May Allah guide us aright

Yeah, actually jabata is brilliant and he reads alot but he is stubborn and has ego to accept mistakes, so any mistake he makes as regards rulings according to sunnah, when pointed out to him instead of accepting he will try to meander his way to refuse, as a result he is breaking out of the sunnah...

Really i dont know whats the shame there to accept mistakes, nobody is an island of knowledge, infact half of knowledge is saying "Allaah knows best"...

Uztaadh sarumi really disturbs jabata, to jabata after shaytaan, imam abu hanifa and fir'aun (yes he hates abu hanifa more than firaun), the next person is sarumi grin

Anyway Hadaahullaah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Muslims Speak In Tongues? / Happy New Hijri Year 1437 / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.