Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me (34625 Views)

Runtown Responds To Mr Eazi "Nigerian Artistes Are Using His 'Ghanian Sound" / Mr Eazi: "Most Nigerian Artistes Are Using My Ghanaian Sound Working Formula" / 'I Was Dead Scared To Have A Child At 28' - 9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by 247tops(m): 7:18am On Aug 18, 2016
Micheal Ajereh Collins, Nigerian music producer and artiste better known as Don Jazzy, has said that foreign artistes are scared to make music with him.

He said this while speaking in a recent interview conducted by Boiler room in collaboration with British Council.

“Most of these American artistes would call you, they believe you have something that they like, so they call you to come and try something out”, Don Jazzy said.

“A bunch of people that I have tried to work with or have tried to work with me chicken out at the end of the day because they aren’t really ready for the music change; they want me to tweak it till it gets back to their sound.

“I can give you your sound, but then, you called me for something and then I try to give to my sound and I want you to do your thing on top of it which would give the sound a wider recognition but they say they aren’t ready for this switch drastically. I think they are still scared.”

The 33-year-old Mavin boss said he started paying more attention to music during the Kennis Music era.

“I would say I started listening more during the Kennis music time because after Storm records, then it was a time for Kennis music and they came with Tuface, Remedies and all.

“At that point, I was still in secondary school and I was like “Yo! They were putting a lot of swags into this my work”. So I started taking note of the music and it started shaping me into what I would like to do but then, there was no way for me to do it.”

Don Jazzy also said that Nigerian music is designed to make people happy during their struggles.

“Everyone is struggling; we all have a problem in the country but there are sometimes when we need that peace of mind.

“While some people are consciously trying to make you aware of what is going on in the struggle, there should be other people that would keep you happy when you are going through the struggles and that is where we come in.”

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/don-jazzy-american-artistes-scared-nigeria/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by HungerBAD: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2016
I concur.

Don Jazzy talk am i concur.

Even if na lie i concur.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2016
I smell lies... Even if it's true, they might be scared of disappointment. cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Afrok(m): 7:29am On Aug 18, 2016
cheesy... I hope he's not trying to tell Miss Roc Nation something tongue

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by okonja(m): 7:30am On Aug 18, 2016
Nice one, so they can be scared of a Nigerian producer abi? grin

9 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by jaymichael(m): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
I smell lies... Even if it's true, they might be scared of disappointment. cheesy
Haba! disappointment ke? Don Jazzy is one of the best (if not the best) in this part of the world. I also believe he can work well with any hip hop artist in the world. His talent is of international standard.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by finalboss1(m): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2016
see him head like potatoe...nothing is inside but lies

17 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by mhizAnnie(f): 7:42am On Aug 18, 2016
Bros can lie for Africa oooo grin shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by QBlazE1(m): 7:51am On Aug 18, 2016
Why dem go fear you abi you carry bomb for head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Nonsense. They are actually scared to work with you cause all you do in a song is introduce yourself and then, start rumbling.

34 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by kalushaiyke(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2016
That's a big one cheesy
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by iheanyi40(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2016
finalboss1:
see him head like potatoe...nothing is inside but lies
Why evils bro grin grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Proffdada: 9:38am On Aug 18, 2016
Maybe they think he will sleep off during recording session undecided

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by tundelis(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2016
when your head too big wey u kon be like monster angry angry
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Canme4u(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
LaughER wan kill me die.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by tundelis(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
Shey u be Abacha ni??
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by herzern(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
cool
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by kilokeys(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
lol

this don jazzy sef... needs to improve his sounds also.. learn from us..

send me a msg on whatsapp 07084796868 if u are interested in learning the guitar.. ( abuja based )

get 10% for referrals, monthly... earn without doing nothing.. just refer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by herzern(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by dermmy(m): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
Scared to work with igbo boy...hehehe
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
the worst form of thing in life is lying to oneself..

Don J, dey there dey mumu yourself..

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Boss13: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2016
I understand don jazzy. However, he can tweek it a bit. His beat is fast rumbling and would require fast adaptation but I think if these American artiste want to connect more to their African audiences/fans they should give it a trial. Diversity is key

4 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2016
Maybe theY are scared because you look like a Gorilla?

DÌCKS OUT FOR HARMABEE.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Pringlez: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2016
Don't worry d Don, they will come by one day. smiley
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by accountbalance: 9:44am On Aug 18, 2016
Oga don jazzy, when you go marry?

Incoherent write up, wetin consign foreign artists with when you were in secondary school, wetin be 2 face own for the matter. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Koolking(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2016
jaymichael:
Haba! disappointment ke? Don Jazzy is one of the best (if not the best) in this part of the world. I also believe he can work well with any hip hop artist in the world. His talent is of international standard.

No offence intended, Which talent? Singing gibberish is talent? What is 'dorobucchi' and 'the koko'? Which American act would wants to feature in a juvenile beat-based lyric-less music. You and I know, Nigerian music is wrong investment. It only sells among noise-lovers in Nigeria and some part of African countries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2016
This is very normal, every artist wants to be seen more relevant than they actually are.
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2016
#Selfbelieve
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Samnavy: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2016
Check your self
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by Jessidaisy4(f): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2016
Abeg who is he..mtchheeeew
Re: Don Jazzy: American Artistes Are ‘Scared’ To Work With Me by dapiluv: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Na true lie patapata.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“fake Christians” - Juliet Ibrahim Fires Back At Fans Criticizing Her Nun Outfit / Davido Flies Private Jet To Congo (photos) / Tiwa Savage Releases Beautiful New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.