Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers (26844 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Mechanized Rice Harvest In Coscharis Farm, Anambra State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
googlepikins:
Meanwhile some zombies said GEJ didn't do anything
Sometimes I still dont understand u guys....u call non Igbo's zombies...well let me enlighten ur dull brain with some quotes...u can prove me wrong if u wish....let's see who is the real zombie....
CANNIBALISM - ......IGBO
DOG EATERS........IGBO
FRAUD........ IGBO
DRUG DEALERS..... IGBO
WORST FIRST LADY EVER (patience jona).....IGBO
DULL PRESIDENT EVER (JONA) ...IGBO
RITUALIST......IGBO.....
U guys are just so worst.....
And patience will b like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by John902(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pavore9:
Yet to acknowledge any state that rivals Kebbi State in rice production, kudos to the farmers!

Thinking of what is being done with the tonnes of the rice husks being generated.
make una dey hear lies...we be student for Ibadan,we no fit still buy a Congo of rice. nonsense
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Pavore9: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
John902:
make una dey hear lies...we be student for Ibadan,we no fit still buy a Congo of rice. nonsense

What quantity is Oyo State producing?
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by muller101(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pavore9:

Thinking if these you mentioned is being done because l have seem the husks being burnt as a waste by small rice mills while some heaped into flowing rivers.
not done. But I intended to meet rice farmers in their mills to let them know about this technology. Am currently using a steam engine to power my palm kernel oil mills.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Pavore9: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
muller101:
not done. But I intended to meet rice farmers in their mills to let them know about this technology. Am currently using a steam engine to power my palm kernel oil mills.

That will be a nice engagement with them.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by kings11ng(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Businessideas:

Always playing the tribal victim because all you have been trained to do to get anything is play the victim card. The moment you forgot to include Ofada, Ogun State (Ofada rice is even more popular than ebonyi rice yet Ogun indigenes and the Yoruba will not play victim card ) in your lamentation I know that you are an igbo bigot .If not that I respect,admire and love all my igbo friends offline,I would have since joined in the igbo bashing because guys like you keep embarrassing and disgracing the igbo race. angry
One reading your post would even think you mainstream igbos respect and love the ebonyi igbo. It is a big fat lie!! Do you even think we don't know how you other igbos look down on the Ebonyi igboman and treat them like second rate igbos ?
after all this your long epistle you didn't not address what he said about ebonyi state not getting the funding kebbi state got. are you alright upstairs?

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by rlauncher(m): 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
nnokwa042:
u people did not say so when gej was in power then was lets kill him

Gej was busy swimming in brazen corruption with his wife and cronies.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Laird(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Businessideas:

Always playing the tribal victim because all you have been trained to do to get anything is play the victim card. The moment you forgot to include Ofada, Ogun State (Ofada rice is even more popular than ebonyi rice yet Ogun indigenes and the Yoruba will not play victim card ) in your lamentation I know that you are an igbo bigot .If not that I respect,admire and love all my igbo friends offline,I would have since joined in the igbo bashing because guys like you keep embarrassing and disgracing the igbo race. angry
One reading your post would even think you mainstream igbos respect and love the ebonyi igbo. It is a big fat lie!! Do you even think we don't know how you other igbos look down on the Ebonyi igboman and treat them like second rate igbos ?

Please learn to be civil and not to show ignorance and lack of civil decorum in a public internet forum and do some background research before exhibiting poor sentimental hogwash which might indicate needing Your head to be examined
I have an IBO dad with a Yoruba mum and I was born in Kaduna and I have lived all over Nigeria, Kaduna, Zaria, Edo State, Abia, Lagos and I am well read and exposed to a multicultural perspective and have had very good friends from different parts of the Country
. I am not local or narrow shallow minded. Me and some of my Yoruba friends have done some coded paroles as guys so I don't do the tribe thing though each tribe has its own pros and cons
So Mr Olodo, my point just using Ebonyi as an example was that Buhari should have ensured widespread national agric development. I could have as well have used Ofada rice or Benue rice or Your COCONUT head rice or Third Mainland Rice. I don't care.
Your maggot ingested brain cells could not see that I did not write the word IBO rice or My village rice or Your swamp brain rice.
Some Igbo's are nationalist and multicultural in approach calling a spade a spade(I have even bashed my own IBO's for some of their issues..money...on Nairaland). I have never bashed Yoruba's and my mum is Yoruba and I have had real niggas as Yoruba friends and I am far closer to my Yoruba mum than my IBO dad who I don't talk to presently
So get this into Your Swampy head, some Igbo's are multiculturally and socially exposed and well read and would call a spade a spade whether it is their Igbo cousin or nephew or Yoruba friend or Hausa uncle or whatever.
So MUMU, If I am president of One Naijaria. Equal fair play to every area or region whether east, west, north or south that's the point so Abakaliki rice or Ofada rice or Your Gutterhead rice is not the issue, the point is THE GOVERNMENT is partial in many areas
Many of my state recent governors even the present one should be in jail for failing the state. I won't support evil even if it is my brother or father or mother. I support fairness and productivity
So GutterBrain hope You understand my broadminded point Were, Ode, Anuofia, Ewu, Shege Damburoba.
I have cursed YoU in all the 3 Nigerian languages and even English to show YoU I have a nationalist approach to seeing things.

GeraraHere

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Businessideas: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Laird:

Please learn to be civil and not to show ignorance and lack of civil decorum in a public internet forum and do some background research before exhibiting poor sentimental hogwash.
I have an IBO dad with a Yoruba mum and I was born in Kaduna and I have lived all over Nigeria, Kaduna, Zaria, Edo State,
So where did you get your bigotry? Or how does it make you bigotry -tolerant? A bigot tried to diminish our national pride in the kebbi rice revolution by claiming that the development is borne out of marginalization of your Dad's people and suddenly, you became his advocate.
I'm seriously upset with those igbo boys with low self-esteem and victim mentality.
It was rhetorics like victimization and marginalization of igbo that gave rise to the irritants called ipobians
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by rlauncher(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordAdam:

Don't be ignorant.

The man is right. Do your research.

So you think it is ordinary N15b that transformed the rice industry in Nigeria?

Read: FG establish 10 integrated rice mills and 6 Cassava processing plants in 2014
http://nannewsnigeria.com/fg-establish-10-integrated-rice-mills-6-cassava-processing-plants

We expect 7 rice mills to be set up in Kebbi
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/agriculture/33479-we-expect-7-rice-mills-to-be-set-up-in-kebbi

As at 2013, we already had 15 high-powered mills operating in the country between 2010 and 2013, 13 set up within 1 year
https://www.nairaland.com/1558518/videos-15-new-rice-mills

My question is how many mills has Buhari set up. The only people looking to set up a new mill is recent times is the Lagos state government investing in Kebbi state.

The rice farmers are even lucky that they had an exclusive agreement with the FG under GEJ, with the PMB government just following suit. The other farmers are having a tough time as fertilizers are hard to source these days, thanks to government's incompetency. If the fund hadn't been managed by the CBN, the outcome would have been very different.

You are arguing with stagger who has extensive knowledge of the agricultural terrain in Nigeria, when you can't even boast of one plot of farmland.

Do you think you can just sit in your house, wave a magic wand and then rice production would increase? Use your brain.

-Lord

You are dead wrong bro. Gej did not implement the policies he instituted whole heartedly. Stop trying to credit Gej with the successes of PMB administration.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by rlauncher(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordAdam:

What previous policy? Did they intend to follow any policy when they tampered with fertilizer voucher distribution already highlighted as one of the biggest innovations in Nigeria's macro-agricultural involvement.

Read this, to learn the difference between a serious government's involvement in Agriculture and that of an unserious government--http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175496-jonathan-approves-n26-billion-2015-farming-season.html

GEJ provided 26b from a 4 trillion naira budget. Buhari provided 15b from a 6 trillion naira budget and you are here spreading saliva disgustingly.

This performance is nothing compared to what Buhari should be able to do. In fact, put a 6-year old there, and he would do better.

From 2013 till date, we have been breaking historic levels of rice harvests, its a trend that will continue regardless of if a stone is in Aso Rock. I just hope Buhari does not spoil things, because he is already contemplating removing fertilizer subsidy and has done virtually nothing to invest more in needed infrastructure.

No new mills, no concessions for new seed companies, or fertilizer companies. All of them are looking at Dangote refinery.

Buhari does not have an option but to follow hand-over notes. He can't even improve on what was given him. We have our hands in our teeth hoping he doesn't screw things up. Is that who you call a leader.

Please, move along.

When this government does something worth celebrating of its own accord, it would be unarguable. For now, he is under performing even in the rice sector, where all the ground work has been done for him.

Stop celebrating mediocrity.

-Lord

Buhari is achieving more with little while Gej achieved little with much due to financial profligacy, corruption and mismanagement.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Laird(m): 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Businessideas:

So where did you get your bigotry? Or how does it make you bigotry -tolerance? A bigot tried to diminish our national pride in the kebbi rice revolution by claiming that the development is borne out of marginalization of your Dad's people and suddenly, you became his advocate.
I'm seriously upset with those igbo boys with low self-esteem and victim mentality.
It was rhetorics like victimization and marginalization of igbo that gave rise to the irritants called ipobians

Your palm wine skull should get the fact that development should be national ODEEE. Ebonyi was only an example. I work with all tribes and I deal in merit, productivity. Performance and character. I have stuck my neck out for real gees from other tribes that were blood to Me.
The Igbo boys with low self esteem and victim mentality You mentioned is a stupid statement and YOU are an idiot for that. Do You think some people have time to generalise and think in the Flinkstone Era like You do. Igbo's have wronged me, duped me, given Me Business Stress and I am Igbo and My mum is Yoruba.. Do You think I will employ or choose an incompetent Igbo guy to work with Me or for Me over a competent Non Igbo...You must be daft then. I have even studied with an Indian.....My last two girl friends were not even Igbo and all I care about is Your character MUMu
The point CARD BOARD SKULL is the President Should play fair...Jonathan tried to develop all areas even the North that he knew did not like him. BUHARI.DEVELOP equally in all the 36 states of Nigeria and all catchment areas including Your Pubic Area and Your smelling Armpit and not just Mainly the North ODEDIRAN SHOGBOO....EWU ....CANEDJUICE SKULL GET IT
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by rlauncher(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
LordAdam:

Let him build more. We don't have enough, and he has spent more than 15 months doing nothing. If they had followed the pace of the previous government, I expect us to have near 45 rice mills in this country. Rather he used 6 months to choice a senile tramp called Ogbeh.

What do you mean by scarcity of food? Did you or did you not eat affordable rice during the period of rice ban? Lie and this conversation will stop before you say Jack.

Your messiah removed the ban, then placed rice on the List Of 41 Imported Items Ban From Accessing Forex At Official Rate. That is one of the reasons naira keeps crashing in the black market. If not why do you think imported bag of rice sells for around 20k. The government is even doing nothing to wade in so that locally imported rice that should retail at no more than 13 -15k is now sold for 18k to 21k, same as imported rice.

Buhari is a monumental failure. Happy rice farmers who had good fortunes in a country where 80% of the population have very different tales does not change that. Rice farmers have been making consistent profits since 2013, Buhari should do more than provide money for fertilizer subsidy. It is a shame the budget of change has does not include anything to improve on rice infrastructure in the country, despite the 2 trillion naira increase.

-Lord

You are sick in the mind. Your soul is full of hatred and bitterness. It is evident that you are still smarting from the loss of Gej in the last presidential election. Even Jonathan did not achieve this much in 15 months in office. Any sane person knows that we won't get there all at once. What is your problem.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Businessideas: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Laird:

Your palm wine skull should get the fact that development should be national ODEEE. Ebonyi was only an example. I work with all tribes and I deal in merit, productivity. Performance and character. I have stuck my neck out for real gees from other tribes that were blood to Me.
The Igbo boys with low self esteem and victim mentality You mentioned is a stupid statement and YOU are an idiot for that. Do You think some people have time to generalise and think in the Flinkstone Era like You do. Igbo's have wronged me, duped me, given Me Business Stress and I am Igbo and My mum is Yoruba.. Do You think I will employ or choose an incompetent Igbo guy to work with Me or for Me over a competent Non Igbo...You must be daft then. I have even studied with an Indian.....My last two girl friends were not even Igbo and all I care about is Your character MUMu
The point CARD BOARD SKULL is the President Should play fair...Jonathan tried to develop all areas even the North that he knew did not like him. BUHARI.DEVELOP equally in all the 36 states of Nigeria and all catchment areas including Your Pubic Area and Your smelling Armpit and not just Mainly the North ODEDIRAN SHOGBOO....EWU ....CANEDJUICE SKULL GET IT
You are actually one of the bigots if you don't see anything wrong in the rubbish your igbo brothers are writing with obscene arrogance. And your insults? I can live with it
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by rlauncher(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
EdDave:

GEJ implemented good agricultural policies under his then minister of Agriculture, but he never banned rice importation as he claimed. So there was little demand for local content. What's the essence of having a lot of products when you cant sell cos of foreign competition?

Gej and Okonjo were busy giving concessions and tax waivers to rice importers thereby making local production unprofitable.

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Laird(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Businessideas:

You are actually one of the bigots if you don't see anything wrong in the rubbish your igbo brothers are writing with obscene arrogance. And your insults? I can live with it

You are stupid. My point MUMU....YAMBAGA...ODE...EWU.......................

IS THAT ALL RICE PRODUCING AREAS ALL OVER NIGERIA SHOULD BE SUBSIDIZED AND GIVEN INCENTIVES.....not just some favoured states,
Jonathan knew the North did not like him but in my opinion he did more projects for them than his side (Abuja Kaduna rail, commenced working on the Abuja Lokoja highway 3 contractors), even set up this rice project for this so called Northern state.
He was being Nationalistic in approach EWEDU-ISEWU head and that is what I am trying to explain

So quoting Igbo boys when referring to Me is showing Your TATASE head has Mucus coming out of it.
I am a Nationalist so far Nigerian is still one Country. I have lived all over Nigeria, well read, exposed, speak a little of the 3 languages
Even if My bro is president if Nigeria and develops only my region or is partial in development, it is wrong and I would tell him. My own guy has cheated me and he is Igbo, I didn't do business with him again because he messed up and not because of tribe ( he and I are both Igbo) and I did my business with whoever was down for a deal red, yellow , black

I have a core Yoruba friend based in the United States a doc whose Mum met Me where I work and connected Me to the girl(her daughter) in America unto relationship package though I am being civil cos I am not interested in dating the babe but just being civil friends and colleagues , which enlightened person cares about bigotry
The CEO of Microsoft America is an Indian, the CEO of Google America is an Indian. One recent Pepsi CEO is an Indian. These are multi billionaire companies with American ,Foreign investors.. Which enlightened person cares...when Productivity talks......Even the exposed and so called Rich Saudis who sponsor Islam Worldwide have WESTERN INVESTMENTS and Western non muslim foreigners working on their investments and working for them
Tell a multinational or New York based hedgefund to pick their ceo based on the CEO being from NewYork and not based on who can bring the greatest value to the Company and I would tell You have a kilishi brain

So Mr PissMess Ideas take note and add to YOUR Business Ideas in Your Peanut brain. Odaboo OriObo
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by middlebelter(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pavore9:

It is also used in generating electricity for those in rice producing communities likewise making organic fertilizers just as making fertilizers from it is what made Kenya's Samuel Rigu, who runs Safi Organics to win the Total Startupper Of The Year award, collecting $25,000 for his win. Safi organics has previously won other awards including the 2015 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program.

Someone should help us draw the attention of the Hon. Minister of Agriculture to this tread and above comment. If truly the opinion of the Youths counts in this country, the SA to the minister should advice him to respond to our comments.
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by middlebelter(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Laird:
Good for one naijaria but why was Ebonyi state a rice belt too.....not given Economic stimulus of 15 billion too and equipments and input too

So what is good for one northern state is not good for others,,,,

So it is clear........BIGOT DEVELOPMENT

Please ask CBN Governor that gave the loan. We don't have to reduce every discussion in this forum to sectional debate. We respect our farmers from Ebonyi state, no effort should be spared to support all sections of this country
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Sodangi77: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
googlepikins:
Hahahahaha,I can c da some pigs don have shame. lipsrsealed
googlepikins:
Hahahahaha,I can c da some pigs don have shame.

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by Laird(m): 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
middlebelter:

Please ask CBN Governor that gave the loan. We don't have to reduce every discussion in this forum to sectional debate. We respect our farmers from Ebonyi state, no effort should be spared to support all sections of this country

Thanks and I am impressed with your excellent diplomatic matter and approach with which You spoke Your opinion...gej started it,,,CBN governor is always President money holder and money dispenser in Nigeria so CBN Governor is just obeying orders of Presido in all past presidential regimes from military era till now.
I like your respectable views though

1 Like

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by nnokwa042(m): 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
rlauncher:

i hope ur not a northerner cus northerners has no moral right to call anybody corrupt cus northerners re the people that kept nigeria in this condition , together with MKO abiola today his a saint to some people undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by glossy6(f): 6:31am On Aug 19, 2016
rlauncher:

Abacha and all past rulers are now saints. Kwantinue

rlauncher:

You are dead wrong bro. Gej did not implement the policies he instituted whole heartedly. Stop trying to credit Gej with the successes of PMB administration.

abeg park well lipsrsealed
Re: Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers by djkirkoo2(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Them don start with their propaganda again o. Na so I dey see for NeWS say Anambra get the best Rice, Anambra dey export grains worth millions of dollars e Con b like say na two Anambra dey inside Nigeria. Anambra wey I dey buy rice painter(bucket) for #1,800 but wetin man pikin dey see for news different, even ugwu(vegetable) leave sef expensive like mad. I just wonder wen dem go stop to rule us through media. May God help us. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics / Tarpaulin Fish Pond Price List - Cost Of Different Sizes Of Mobile Fish Ponds / A Day Old Foreign Turkeys Are For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.