Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence (26325 Views)

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by davibid: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2016
undecided

Rules to get drivers license in Nigeria

You must be:
patient
Humble
Committed to the appointment time
Answer yes sir/ma'am to every Tom, Dick & Harry
Absorb insult regardless of whatever they say

undecided

Nigeria is the only place where everyone on some sort of uniform sees themselves as mini gods

embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by willibounce1(m): 7:29am On Aug 24, 2016
wagazala:
You follow the steps above and you get frustrated. You probably won't get captured in months and when you even do, your license won't be ready till a few months before it's Expiry. Not trying to discourage anyone but stuff just doesn't work like that in Naija. The touts and officers involved will frustrate those who intend to go the process themselves. They expect you to patronize them and 'settle' for a fasttrack process.

You are not discouraging anybody. You are saying the truth. The phucking officials will intentionally delay the process because they want bribe. Pay more than the normal amount and see how fast they'll help you process it. Those FRSC guys are crooks. I dey time them seriously. corruption is just too much in this country
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by endtime1(m): 7:29am On Aug 24, 2016
driving license renewal made easy do you want a new driver license pm me a trial will convince u
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Desanta(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2016
@ op.
You forgot to mention the driving school certificate, which you much attach.
I was captured 2 weeks ago.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by willibounce1(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2016
endtime1:
driving license renewal made easy
do you want a new driver license
pm me a trial will convince u

GTFO... con man
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by justsun: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2016
All together I paid 8000 and iam enjoying my licence here, I did mine online but went to their office for capturing, last week I was called for my perment card
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by emmaak2(m): 7:41am On Aug 24, 2016
MusaIbrahim1:
Okay... You did not put the exact amount to be paid...

So I paid like 6k online for renewal... Went to their office and they said I had to make other payments... I left with my old license and printout to show that I have paid for the renewal and I have been driving like that for the past one year... Am I doing anything bad?

I just downloaded the form for fresh applicants. please what should be done next??
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by emmaak2(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2016
justsun:
All together I paid 8000 and iam enjoying my licence here, I did mine online but went to their office for capturing, last week I was called for my perment card

please can u tell us the details
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by vickylala239: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
Is your driver’s licence expired or missing and needs to be renewed or replaced respectively? See below steps which will assist you to resolve the issue..

RENEWAL OF DRIVER’S LICENCE

• Upon expiration of a driver’s licence, the holder returns to Licensing office to obtain and complete MVA 12
• Pays the prescribed fee to the MLA
• MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
• Proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
• Processed license is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants.

REPLACEMENT OF DRIVERS LICENCE

• Obtain a police extract, sworn affidavit and photocopy of lost licence and apply as stated above
• Proceed to MLA to obtain and complete Form MVA 12.
• Pay the prescribed fee to the MLA
• MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
• Proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
• Processed license is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants.

http://autojosh.com/how-to-renew-or-replace-your-nigerian-drivers-licence/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Why shuld someone go to reclaim a lost licence and still pay,rather than do a new one..waste of money and tym....even if the money to replace a lost one is not equivalent to the new one, it's still rubbish... if they can't accept Jst affidavit, den they cn go and ask for gate to hell.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by kunleben1: 8:03am On Aug 24, 2016
davibid:

undecided

Rules to get drivers license in Nigeria

You must be:
patient
Humble
Committed to the appointment time
Answer yes sir/ma'am to every Tom, Dick & Harry
Absorb insult regardless of whatever they say

undecided

Nigeria is the only place where everyone on some sort of uniform sees themselves as mini gods

embarassed

Exactly. If u r not ready to follow these rules, then u r not ready for anything at any govt office. It's even worse if u r dealing with those in uniform. Seems any govt worker in uniform is licensed to harass u especially if it's related to road/vehicle/traffic.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Arcamax: 8:05am On Aug 24, 2016
I renewed mine in just a little over an hour.

1. Filled a form online
2. Made payment at the bank
3. Took my slip to the FRSC office at Apapa (opposite mobil, marine beach)
4. Did my capture there (spent a total of 12mins there)

And voila! I got my temporary card. No crowd, no hassles, no extortion, no abeg! Abeg! I think it might be a new center though because they are sharing the premises with NUPENG or is it Pengassan? Anyways one of them oil unions.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by madapcmod: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2016
Pls my vehicle papers will be expiring by October. I registered it in Lagos but now based in delta. Can I renew the vehicle papers in delta?
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Arcamax: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2016
vickylala239:

Why shuld someone go to reclaim a lost licence and still pay,rather than do a new one..waste of money and tym....even if the money to replace a lost one is not equivalent to the new one, it's still rubbish... if they can't accept Jst affidavit, den they cn go and ask for gate to hell.

When you lose yoir licence, your bio-data still remains in the database. Your licence has expiry date on it and can only be renewed upon expiration. Any activity prior to that is replacement. And yes, you have to pay for it. It will cost no less in production and no! Affidavit will not do. Any tom, d.ick and harry can produce affidavit. My sister, try and lose your passport with an American visa on it and try to travel with an affidavit, you hear! You'll know what time it is.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by fatboislim(m): 8:40am On Aug 24, 2016
Every time una dey capture,sign and fingerprint. Una no get database?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by SuperSuave(m): 9:10am On Aug 24, 2016
deuce07:

Can u tell me the process u went through? Would be grateful
my uncle actually know people who work there so he came to collect the money 16k(because I didn't go through the driving school) and some basic data. I was called for data capturing(fingerprints, photograph and signature) after more than a month and was given the temporary license a day after which will expire in 2months time.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Mcowubaba: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2016
premiere:
I was able to renew my driver's licence in less than 4 hours early this month. I visited https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/ using the serial number on my expired licenece, applied for a renewal and payed online (6000) plus 350 bank charges, you would select any of the frsc licencing office closer to you on the application, take the print out with a copyof the expired licence to their office for capturing. The whole process took less than 3 hours, i got my temporary licence immediately. Same process applies for first timers. But be ready to pay 500 naira in about 2 sections (verification and driving test). It was easier than i thought.
That's strange...
Which license office ?
The one in my area, it's extremely stressful.. U could spend 2 days without any success
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by SuperSuave(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2016
yomalex:
3 years
wtf! are you kidding me?! this nation is really fvcked up
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by millhouse: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2016
Thanks op
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by francotorti(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2016
dunkem21:

MLA: Motor Licensing Agent grin
MVA: Motor vehicle Authority undecided
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:

That's strange...
Which license office ?
The one in my area, it's extremely stressful.. U could spend 2 days without any success
Agege local government, opposite agege stadium. You can choose any of their centres. Just go with two copies of the confirmation slip and photocopy of the expired licence. Its stressfree.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Mcowubaba: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2016
premiere:
Agege local government, opposite agege stadium. You can choose any of their centres. Just go with two copies of the confirmation slip and photocopy of the expired licence. Its stressfree.
Hope you know that Nigeria has 36 States nd FCT...
Everybody doesn't stay in Lagos wink wink
Thanks anyway....
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by ans123: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2016
If am renewing, why do I still need to capture? What about the one I did when I first applied. They should have a data bank that brings up my info when my Driver's license no is entered into d system. I don't have to always be present when I need to renew,because of work schedule and all. Our databank system is wacked in this country
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by DidiLove1: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Arcamax:
I renewed mine in just a little over an hour.

1. Filled a form online
2. Made payment at the bank
3. Took my slip to the FRSC office at Apapa (opposite mobil, marine beach)
4. Did my capture there (spent a total of 12mins there)

And voila! I got my temporary card. No crowd, no hassles, no extortion, no abeg! Abeg! I think it might be a new center though because they are sharing the premises with NUPENG or is it Pengassan? Anyways one of them oil unions.

This is very true. After bank payment, I did all processes (eye test and photo capture) within an hour at their Alaka, Surulere office. I got an SMS after 3 weeks to come pick my permanent DL. I understand their Aguda, Surulere office is quite efficient as well. Depending on the office you process at, it may not be as difficult.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by rumaabk(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2016
What if u hv lost it and did not have the photocopy?
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by endtime1(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2016
willibounce1:

GTFO... con man
all is well
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Hope you know that Nigeria has 36 States nd FCT...
Everybody doesn't stay in Lagos wink wink
Thanks anyway....
i stated it earlier that you lld choose any of their centres. If for instance you chose Enugu, a pop wll come up showing all their centres in enugu. Simple.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2016
ans123:
If am renewing, why do I still need to capture? What about the one I did when I first applied. They should have a data bank that brings up my info when my Driver's license no is entered into d system. I don't have to always be present when I need to renew,because of work schedule and all. Our databank system is wacked in this country
there is an option that states 'do you want to change biometrics?' If you clicked yes, then you wld have to capture again. But, i think its best to, as advised by one of the officials. It hasten the processing.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by powerblaze(m): 10:26am On Aug 24, 2016
they made a mistake in my year of birth.. but I've been too busy to go there.. how do I do it? will I have to pay and start again?
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by 1stNumeroUno: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
I was able to renew mine too within a day but permanent license no comot yet after 2months now.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by passyhansome(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
I NEED A FAKE ONE HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by des4ella(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
wagazala:
You follow the steps above and you get frustrated. You probably won't get captured in months and when you even do, your license won't be ready till a few months before it's Expiry. Not trying to discourage anyone but stuff just doesn't work like that in Naija. The touts and officers involved will frustrate those who intend to go the process themselves. They expect you to patronize them and 'settle' for a fasttrack process.
Don't use experience in your area to generalized the process. Here in Abakaliki the officer and men are more helpful and u get your renewed licence same day without any addition cost.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Almaiga: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
I need an advice here, i lost my Drivers license and i have done all the necesary things required by law. I mean, Court affidevict and a Police report. My problem is this, i dont have a photocopy of my lost Drivers license. How will my case be solved?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.