Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,565 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence (26317 Views)

How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less / 6 Documents Every Nigerian Driver MUST Have Released By FRSC / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2016
wengerjay:
Ml How can one get a driver's license for the first time.

You can get driver's license as a fresher by first applying into one of the accredited driving schools first and get your e-certificate.
Then proceed to the nearest licensing office for processing and this includes downloading of your form by frsc, testing by vio, and you bio metric capturing then at this point, you are given the temporary license which serves you for 2 months. @ the point of expiration, it is expected that your permanent license should be out but in a situation whereby it's not out, the temporary license will be re validated pending when the permanent license is out.

But if you need assistance on this, as a fresher, it will cost you 25k. This is due to the driving school fee. And this will take 26days before your biometric capturing.
But for renewal, can be done in just a day provided the expired one is original.
For further enquiries, contact me through my contact on my signature.

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by vickylala239: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
Arcamax:

When you lose yoir licence, your bio-data still remains in the database. Your licence has expiry date on it and can only be renewed upon expiration. Any activity prior to that is replacement. And yes, you have to pay for it. It will cost no less in production and no! Affidavit will not do. Any tom, d.ick and harry can produce affidavit. My sister, try and lose your passport with an American visa on it and try to travel with an affidavit, you hear! You'll know what time it is.

Funny u...

Hw cn u compare passport to road safety who need money for u to pass...

Besides I Hv been using affidavit, also I hardly get check reason...road safety are after commercial vehicle Atleast to collect tips, knwing fully well Dat most private vehicle can afford dis tins and they will end up not getting their tips by stopping private cars and allowing commercial to pass....

My broda this is Nigeria...

Incase u Dnt knw anytin concerning Nigeria is junks.....

I Hv seen Ppl almost all their document is affidavit....
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Arcamax: 10:37am On Aug 28, 2016
vickylala239:

Funny u...

Hw cn u compare passport to road safety who need money for u to pass...

Besides I Hv been using affidavit, also I hardly get check reason...road safety are after commercial vehicle Atleast to collect tips, knwing fully well Dat most private vehicle can afford dis tins and they will end up not getting their tips by stopping private cars and allowing commercial to pass....

My broda this is Nigeria...

Incase u Dnt knw anytin concerning Nigeria is junks.....

I Hv seen Ppl almost all their document is affidavit....

First of all, both documents (passport and DL) are used to gain access. One to travel out and the other to drive on the roads in Nigeria. For you to say anything concerning Nigeria is Junk speaks a lot about your mindset. Going by your postulations, it is proper or at least permissible to deliberately break the law bearing in mind that you will settle.

I'm not going to engage you by trying to tell you what is right from wrong because you already know that, you have only refused to apply yourself in the right direction. However as the saying goes, every dog has its day. Yours will come someday and you will come to NL to post jibberish about extortion like one lad did recently when his mum was apprehended for driving without fire extinguisher.

Until then, enjoy your 'immunity' madam!
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by vickylala239: 7:23am On Aug 29, 2016
Arcamax:

First of all, both documents (passport and DL) are used to gain access. One to travel out and the other to drive on the roads in Nigeria. For you to say anything concerning Nigeria is Junk speaks a lot about your mindset. Going by your postulations, it is proper or at least permissible to deliberately break the law bearing in mind that you will settle.

I'm not going to engage you by trying to tell you what is right from wrong because you already know that, you have only refused to apply yourself in the right direction. However as the saying goes, every dog has its day. Yours will come someday and you will come to NL to post jibberish about extortion like one lad did recently when his mum was apprehended for driving without fire extinguisher.

Until then, enjoy your 'immunity' madam!

Funny man!!!

Everything in Nigeria is wrong incase u Dnt knw..

Is it the road safety that drive with expiring tyres or broken headlight..

Or is it the police that is after money not your papers....

Or Hv u Eva gone to police station to mke a complain? And they start telling you to full their cars and settle them....

Stop deceiving yourself Bro....

In Nigeria arm robbers prefer to b arrested by police rather Dan anger mob....Cuz they will still b release after tipping them....

Or you want me to Gv u example of over 30 cultist that were arrested with guns and containers full of blood......news broadcasted live on TV ,evidence shown on TV.....only for them to b charge for wrongful gathering in d court......

Wat are u saying.....if I tell u Dat anytin in Nigeria is junks believe it...

Corrupt cases...who has been jailed.....

Is this how cases are suppose to b delayed.....
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 29, 2016
I believe this thread is for guide line on how to process your fresh license or replace /renew your expired license. Please let's stick to that.

What ever license you are getting right now ensure you get your boo metric capturing done especially if you are processing as a fresher.

I say so because it's now optional for biometric capturing when renewing your expired license this is because you have done biometric capturing before but still I advise that at the point of downloadingof your form even as a renewal, you should still choose the option of re capturing so you have the temporary license to drive with pending when the permanent card comes out else you will be left to be driving with your papers pending when the permanent card comes out.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by motorbuyer: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
When is a license supposed to expire? 3 years after applying online or 3 years after data capture
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
motorbuyer:
When is a license supposed to expire? 3 years after applying online or 3 years after data capture

You now have the option of either 3yrs or 5yrs. Either of this two options starts counting from the day of your biometric capturing and not on your application day.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by redcliff: 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please who knows any frsc official i can talk with concerning an issue with my licence i have
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by redcliff: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
achalugonata:

You now have the option of either 3yrs or 5yrs. Either of this two options starts counting from the day of your biometric capturing and not on your application day.

Please who knows any frsc official i can talk with concerning an issue with my licence i have
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by seeit: 5:14am On Jan 24, 2017
When you lost or found any item any were in Nigeria visit www.seeit.ng to report it, seeit.ng is a web site for lost and found item in all category.
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by dejavoonaija(m): 8:25am On Jan 24, 2017
If you need to renew your vehicle particulars (Vehicle license + Road worthiness + Insurance)

Patronize a corporate Organization (CarReg Not Kasali) for vehicle paper renewal

• Service available for All Lagos Registered vehicles and Nation wide delivery
• Payment on delivery
• Delivery within 24 hours
• Services at cost price(For now)
• Free delivery in Lagos (For Now)

Vehicle Paper Renewal
• Car - 9,500
• SUV - 10,500

Check it out on http://carreg.com.ng/
or call 09090144706

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by kedunaija(m): 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
The FRSC has made application for Nigeria Drivers licence online registration to be easy and , If you are planing for applying for the Nigerian drivers licence online you can now be rest assured that you wont have to go through the stress that many drivers went through when applying for new drivers license in Nigeria using the manual method
http://trendygist.com.ng/obtain-new-nigeria-drivers-licence-renew-old-drivers-online/
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by msanda(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
When is the best time to renew my drivers licence? Should I wait for it to expire or should I start the renewal process a month before it expires?
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by nurey(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
msanda:
When is the best time to renew my drivers licence? Should I wait for it to expire or should I start the renewal process a month before it expires?

You can't renew online except the validity remains 30days

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by Benteazaa(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2017
nurey:

You can't renew online except the validity remains 30days

how can one renew online
Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by nurey(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2017
Benteazaa:

how can one renew online

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/renew

follow the link and the instructions depicted there

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence by msanda(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
Benteazaa:

how can one renew online

I did a detailed step-by-step breakdown of the process (based on my experience) here: https://www.nairaland.com/3865398/how-renew-drivers-licence-24hrs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It? / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal / Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.