Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others (15436 Views)

Lassa Fever Kills Abia Doctor / Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Lassa-fever Kills Corper Doctor, Kelechi-aaron In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Islie: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Tony Okafor, Awka

A medical doctor and three others have reportedly died of Lassa fever in Anambra state.

This was disclosed in a one-day Lassa fever training workshop organized by the state Ministry of Health.

A resource person in the workshop, Dr Jane Ezeonu confirmed that the medical doctor died at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, on Tuesday.

The director of Public Health in the state, Dr Emmanuel Okafor, said the state recorded the death of three others, recently.

Ezeonu said the late doctor was referred to NAUTH from Asaba, Delta state. She warned the people of the state to stop drinking raw garri, adding that they should protect their food and related items from rats.

She explained that people don’t acquire immunity after suffering from Lassa fever, as believed in some quarters.

Ezeonu said general hygiene was important in Lassa fever prevention.

Dr Okafor said the essence of the workshop was to train professionals who would go to the grassroots to educate the people on the prevention of the disease.

He said “In Anambra we don’t know the number of cases of the disease but we have three confirmed deaths.

He called on health workers in the state to exercise high standard in handling Lassa fever cases.

Okafor said the state government had put proactive measures to handle the scourge.
“We are having the workshop for prevention, not that we have an epidemic in the state, Chukwuka said.

http://punchng.com/lassa-fever-kills-doctor-three-others-anambra/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
R.I.P to d doctors!!,they probably got it from some of d patients they were trying to treat!!!

#kill_a_rat_today!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
R.I.P to d doctors oh!!....bt make person nr chop garri....in dis buharific economy??......btw,rats must nt hold us to ransome!!!!!.......Therefore...

....#Kill_a_rat_today!!
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by rosy1992(f): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
may God protect us
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hmmmmmmm! God abeg save your people oh..

Rip to the dead
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by 500samuel(m): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
lipsrsealed I tot we were told that the rat that do cause the disease came out of forest because it was dry season and hunters were busy burning bushes where the said rat lives
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Integrityfarms(m): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
From different angles Nigeria have problems . May God help us all!

But work ethics and safety is it been underplayed by our medical personnel

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by funshore(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lassa join with this hardship! Have mercy O Lord!

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Vince77(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Its time to act
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by dre11(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Though we have moved pass the Lassa fever scare

RIP to the dead...
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by bigerboy200: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Chai...Naija in deep shit..na so so bad news everyday...
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by izzou(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
These rats better respect themselves in this era

No food to take throway

If you know their leader, help us beg am

cool

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by furezra(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
Prevention is better than cure
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Trapnews: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Morhziez(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
God , please protect Me, Friends And Family from Lassa fever for this buhari time
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Pavore9: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sad but people will heed the warning to stop drinking raw garri?
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by tuoyoojo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
this is really sad

its time to reenact the fight against those rats
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by MrRichy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
I shouldn't drink raw Garri
kam nukwa
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by SonofDevil: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Blessinzy(f): 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
lassa fever again
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
I will still blame Jonathan for this ooo
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by wristbangle: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
awwww... crycry condolence to the family of the deceased.
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Spells(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
I don even forget abt lassa fever oh..... God help us oh... Virus n disease everywhere... Even humans r viruses n diseases too
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by segebase(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
sad news everyday
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by paschal47(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
RIP docs

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by canDy4eva(f): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abi o, my broda!
izzou:
These rats better respect themselves in this era

No food to take throway

If you know their leader, help us beg am

cool
Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by uzo4real(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
RIP

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Mccreynolds(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
RIP Dr. I just #killed_a_rat#

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by YonkijiSappo: 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is as a result of living in a Filthy and dirty environment like those you find in Onitsha, Obosi, Nkpor and the rest.
The North East and South East are known for frequent lassa fever outbreaks.
RIP to the poor doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever Kills Anambra Doctor And Three Others by Mccreynolds(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
RIP Dr. #i_just_killed_a_rat#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Completes Dawakin Tofa Hospital Upgrade (Photos) / COVID-19 Update For December 16 2020 In Nigeria / Rising COVID-19 Cases: FG Plans Tough Actions, NESG, LCCI Fear Fresh Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.