Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards (47553 Views)

Understanding CBN New Policy Actions In Forex Market / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / CBN New Forex Rate Policy Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by MaBuk(f): 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
I just left wema bank now.

The ATM seized my card after a while I thought it would come out but it did not so I went to the banking hall to complain.

Thank God it is a Wema card I use on a wema ATM.

I was asked if was wema and I said yes, the Lady told me she has to get permission from her boss to either release it or not. I asked her what she mean by that she said CBN has directed that ATM cards seized by the machine should not be released anymore, except the ones by the card.

The card owner is expected to go to his bank and request for a new card.

I just want to inform NL people to avoid using different ATM for different bank.

Have a good evening!

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Pavore9: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
That is so inconvenient!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by warrenweste(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
MaBuk:
I just left wema bank now.

The ATM seized my card after a while I thought it would come out but it did not so I went to the banking hall to complain.

Thank God it is a Wema card I use on a wema ATM.

I was asked if was wema and I said yes, the Lady told me she has to get permission from her boss to either release it or not. I asked her what she mean by that she said CBN has directed that ATM cards seized by the machine should not be released anymore, except the ones by the card.

The card owner is expected to go to his bank and request for a new card.

I just want to inform NL people to avoid using different ATM for different bank.

Have a good evening!

Is it MasterCard or verve? And do you know much they currently charge per $ on their MasterCard?
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Desanta(m): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
That's not fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by israelboy1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
sometimes, i just wonder WHY FOR HEAVEN SAKE, OTHER ATM'S WILL DEDUCT 65 NAIRA OUT OF MY HARD EARNED CASH

that's if i am not using my bank ATM..why on earth will they do that (after making like 4 transactions, i will start receiving 2 different alerts...one for the cash i withdrew...another cos, i didn't make use of my bank ATM.)

Can't this issue be scrapped out...cos, lolzz...in this ERA self, i gat monitor every penny.

...i even heard that, if you did not go back to your bank, with 24hours...the card will be destroyed...in the name of trying to avoid FRAUDULENT activity.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by EniHolar(f): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Everything is CHANGING from bad to worse.

What effect will that have on our economy? Exploitation everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by dejavubobo1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
CBN or no CBN, its a discretionary act, the bank can release ur ATM upon evidence of ownership presented by the customer
Bt at an event whr the customer can't provide any, the card ll be destroyed

this is as for bill of exchange, which I believe an ATM also belongs to this class.

Abi, make I go check my banking law books make I no confuse OP d more. grin... its been long

7 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by redcliff: 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
CBN
is now a laboratory. Them dey test everything!

8 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thank God I don't use ATM. Whenever I want to withdraw all I have to do is just call my account officer and the money will be brought to me on the spot.

NOBODY WEY NO FIT TO MAKE AM

6 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by segebase(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
the rules have been set since last yr

36 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Kayendy(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
This regime just looking for every possible way to make money from the citizens while we gain nth

3 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by lollmaolol(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
redcliff:
Cbn is now a laboratory. Them dey test everything!

Cbn Policy now making headline these days... I wonder why we are not seeing the policy results on dollars yet.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by MetroBoomin: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Happened to me sometime last year,the policy I think has been existing,UBA bank atm machine swallowed my Gtbank card,waited for it yet nothing,went inside the bank to complain,their first question was,is it a UBA ATM card or 'other banks" ? Told em other banks,they said I should go and apply for a new ATM in my own bank that they gonna perforate my card that's the new policy,and I needed money that day cos I was gonna travel the next day,luckily I knew a staff there,had to plead "intensively" on my behalf,was later given to me.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by LastSurvivor: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bros no be new policy, e don tee.. I think since early this year..

16 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is not new though. I have changed three cards since they started with all the attendant stress.

6 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by nellybadas: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's been on for a very long time. I.m surprised the awareness level is still low

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lol...
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Adesiji77: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
@MaBuk: This policy has been in force for some time. The branch was just lenient; many operators do that out of relationship management, especially when you are a customer of their bank.

According to CBN's "Guidelines for Card Issuance and Usage in Nigeria" (4.5.0): Any trapped card in the ATM shall be rendered unusable (by perforation) by the Acquirer and returned to the Issuer on the next working day.

The policy is aimed at protecting card users.

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Boring: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Buhari is working. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Jobabori(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is not new, it has been in operation since, I think last year.

7 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by EagleScribes: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Na today? This policy has been in operation for quite some time.

By the way, so WEMA bank still exists? Smh

10 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Leobrain(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Godspower1930: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
it is not good buhari
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
old news

3 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by hizaya61(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
END TIME POLICY, FÚCK CBN

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by kulrunsman79(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yes that directive is good. The security of seized cards by other bank's ATM is already compromised. I love that.
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by nenergy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Started since last year o! Wema bank is behind the times then grin

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
cool cool cool make GOD HELP US...
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by yomalex(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is VERY old naa undecided

3 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by Figs(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Cbn has been unfair to Nigerians cins d days of King Jaja of Opobo
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by idealsico(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
What reason could have prompted this new policy?
Re: CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards by khalhokage(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is an old policy na.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 People Are Richer Than 3.6 Billion People Combined- CNN. / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Money / Woman Who Sells Puff-puff On Water (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.