Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games (21149 Views)

Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships / Team Nigeria For Global First Robot Olympics In Washington (Photo) / WONDERFUL!!! Team Nigeria Kits Arrive Brazil Three Days To End Olympic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by ped007(m): 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Three days to the end of the 2016 Rio Olympics, Team Nigeria took delivery of the much awaited kits after most of the athletes had concluded their events with some already back to their bases.

A top official of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria who disclosed this to Sports Vanguard Thursday, said the kits which arrived Wednesday night would no longer serve any purpose because “most of the athletes have left after concluding their events”.

He added that “I have never experienced this in my years in sports. Money meant for the Games was held tightly by ministry officials and they were just releasing money piecemeal. We had to buy kits on our own while some athletes competed in their personal kits.”

It would be recalled that Team Nigeria had to resort to their warm-up track suits for the match past of the Opening Ceremony as the sports ministry claimed the official attire which was showcased before President Muhammadu Buhari during the hand-over ceremony in Abuja failed to arrive on time for the ceremony.

Nigerians who were alarmed by the embarrassing scenario condemned the ministry for the untidy handling of the athletes’ kits but the sports minister, Solomon Dalung, in defence of the ministry, tweeted with a post that even the South African contingent appeared at the Opening Ceremony in their track suits.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l-team-nigeria-kits-arrive-3-days-end-games/
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by ped007(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lalasticlala come pick ur own.

4 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
“I have never experienced this in my years in sports. Money meant for the Games was held tightly by ministry officials and they were just releasing money piecemeal. We had to buy kits on our own while some athletes competed in their personal kits.”

And the silly minister still had the temerity to blame Jonathan.
http://www.thetrentonline.com/dalung-olympics-blame-jonathan/

God will repay APC in tenfold.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Make ya own is ready.. grin grin
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Soneh(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
gej is to be blamed according to the beret wearing broom waving demon undecided

50 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
shocked So Amazing...
Maybe the kits are for the next olympics which will be hosted by Nigeria.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Tolexander: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Solomon Dalung is a symbol of failure. He has nothing to offer Nigeria!

"the kits are for Paralympics not this ongoing summer Olympic" - Solomon Dalung.

20 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by LesbianBoy(m): 1:23am On Aug 19, 2016
How did we even get to this point? cry cry

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by herzern(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
Thank God it arrived early....

The previous Olympics..... It arrived a week after the conclusion of the tournament.... cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by flyca: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
I say again, "winning is not magic".

The heights attained by great men was not done by a sudden flight. But they while men slept, were toiling through the night. This is the secret of success.

Not this everyday media politics, media victory with nothing on ground. Was there even any Nigerian broadcasting station there live at Rio?

In saner climes, Minister for Sports would have jejely tendered his resignation. But mbanu. For where. Even VP Osibanjo that I thought would be a different breed, same old sad story.

Everyday I sleep and wake up, I ask God to help me provide alternative Nationality for my unborn kids, so they have options and fully explore their potentials. The country called Nigeria is not working!

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by wayodude(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2016
ha that one early sef lol
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by thundabot(f): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2016
LONG OVER DUE.

1 Like

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by veekid(m): 10:48am On Aug 19, 2016
lipsrsealed Uhnnnnmmm Nigeria! !!!!!!!! What a country
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Integrityfarms(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2016
If I laugh now when I remember the words of a man who called this nation a zoo, the afonjas will start attacking me!

Nigeria! Don't cry there is hope, a new Generation is coming to wipe away your tears!

#sackdalungnow

5 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by handysuzy(f): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Lexusgs430: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Nigeria would arrive LATE for its funeral

6 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2016
i am not surprised that things keep getting worse in Nigeria. Was it not a few months ago that the sports minister was being hailed for eating food among members of the public ? Waa that part of his job description? Naija sha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by dijas(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
even in international competition in which we should have prétend to b good

flat female shoe available for N1500. check My signature.
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Damfostopper(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
na dem sabi

21 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by danchuzzy(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Shame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by lonelydora: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
And we say we have a country. I don't blame anyone who calls this country a zoo. Indeed we are really in a zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by JaypeeAnics(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2016
APC has taken NIGERIA 16 steps backward in all aspect. We all regret voting in BUHARI. With the way things are going/changing I Pray we live to see 2019.

26 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by NameChecker: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2016
ok
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by teebillz: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2016
thundabot:
LONG OVER DUE.

hmm
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by teebillz: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
By the time Buhari is done with Nigeria, even our map won't look the same again.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by SweetJoystick(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Smd
Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by nairaman66(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Minister for sports should resign immediately! This is too much to take..

Dalung is shameless and has a bird brain! His Twitter handle has more brains than him. Is nigeria really a country??

14 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Somebody make Mikel Obi/Joseph Yobo the new minister of sports

3 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by yeyeboi(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
I want to see if they will blame this on PDP, APC and archiving failure be like

7 Likes

Re: Team Nigeria Kits Arrive RIO 3 Days To End Of Olympics Games by jmoore(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Hian.

Very soon, they will start distributing food to those that starved to death in IDP camps.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / 'Our Dressing Room Is Not Happy' - Mourinho Reacts To Draw With Chelsea (Video) / Super Eagles Squad Arrive In Cameroon For AFCON (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.