Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens (32676 Views)

Wedding Of Ifeyinwa Sandra Offor, Emeka Offor's Daughter (Photos) / Pics Of Crying Emeka Offor Being Consoled By Dignitaries At His Father's Burial / The Casket Emeka Offor Buried His Father, Benneth Offor In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Greatfuture: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORKAUG 18, 2016
The ongoing business crisis facing Emeka Offor, one of Nigeria’s most controversial contractors in recent decades, is far deeper than SaharaReporters revealed last week, a fresh investigation has revealed. Mr. Offor’s financial downfall has led to the closure of his offices in Abuja, his companies’ failure to pay staff salaries for more than a year, and long drawn fights with numerous suppliers and creditors. Last week, SaharaReporters had disclosed that the controversial government contractor, who was once frequently described in the media as a major financier of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), had fallen on hard times since Muhammadu Buhari became president on May 29, 2015, following his defeat of former President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP in last year’s presidential election.

Sources within Mr. Offor’s family and erstwhile corporate circles disclosed that the hamstrung businessman, who hails from Oraifite in Anambra State, is experiencing serious health challenges and an unprecedented family crisis.

One of Mr. Offor’s cousins told our investigator that the embattled businessman’s eyesight has been deteriorating progressively in recent years, leaving him a step away from blindness. A former corporate aide who had traveled with the businessman in the past revealed that Mr. Offor also has a heart problem as well as a problem with diabetes. “It is possible that it is the diabetes which led to the other complications, including his failing sight,” a medical expert told our correspondent.

Mr. Offor’s home front is probably more in disarray than his health. Last January, his first wife, Nkiru Offor, whom he married in December 1982, as well as her children stormed Mr. Offor’s village of Irefi in Oraifite, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, and created mayhem in the near-bankrupt businessman’s palatial country home. Along with her children, Mrs. Nkiru Offor, who resides on Osborne Road in Ikoyi, Lagos, arrived at her husband’s home in Oraifite and chased away all the domestic staff, changed all the door locks, smashed most of the expensive drinks in the house and destroyed all the pictures Mr. Offor took with his third wife, Adaora, a dropout from the Law Department at the Enugu Campus of the University of Nigeria at Nsukka (UNN). The businessman’s wedding to the former law student was celebrated at Oraifite on January 3, 2014, at a lavish ceremony where thousands of iPads were handed out as gifts to hundreds of guests.

“Nkiru came with her children to take physical control of the Oraifite residence because they are afraid that our brother [Mr. Offor] will hand it over to the third wife,” said a close relative of the businessman. He added: “You see, Nkiru had just survived a mild stroke in Lagos. She told some of us that she believes the stroke was a spiritual attack from Sir Emeka Offor and Adaora [Mr. Offor’s third wife] in an attempt to kill her. She also complained that our brother [Mr. Offor] hates her children.”

The source revealed that Chuka, Mr. Offor’s thirty-something year old first son with his first wife, continues to reside in London where he loiters daily because he has no job. The source declared that Mr. Offor had refused all entreaties to employ the young man in one of his companies. “Sir E. [a fond name for Mr. Offor] said Chuka should not work in his companies, claiming his son is not a graduate. And when Nkiru now bought a Range Rover for Chuka, a big fight took place between her and Sir E.”

Mr. Offor’s troubled relationship with his first wife has been exacerbated by the fact that their first daughter has two children out of wedlock for a young man who hails from Ondo State. Several family sources disclosed that Mr. Offor’s first daughter has been living with the father of her children for several years. “The young man wants to marry Sir. E’s daughter, but Sir E. refused to accept him as a son-in-law, insisting that he is above his daughter marrying a man who is not from a very wealthy home.”

But some of Mr. Offor’s relatives said they found the embattled businessman’s aristocratic airs quite laughable. “Was he [Mr. Offor] not a truck driver with a construction company before he made money during the time of Abacha?” one female relative wondered. She added, “Did he pass even one subject when he took his West African School Certificate examination at Abbot Boys Secondary School in Ihiala [Anambra State]?”

Another family member told our correspondent that Mrs. Nkiru Offor, the first wife, is about the only person Mr. Offor fears. Said the source: “When our father died in February and our eldest brother traveled to the village, he slept in a hotel because he could not gain access his house in Oraifite.” The source said Mr. Offor left quietly when he was told what his first wife had done with the locks, including locks of the residence he built overnight for his third wife toward the end of 2013. “Nkiru knows all his dark secrets, so he is careful not to provoke her easily,” said the relative.

Most family members appear to support Mr. Offor’s first wife, despite accusations against her by her husband that she is obsessed with fetish practices. “Even if she is into occult things, we know he [Mr. Offor] introduced her to those practices,” a female member asserted. “So why is he now complaining?” she queried.

SaharaReporters learned that Mr. Offor’s father was the only person who attempted to stop Mrs. Nkiru Offor the day she and her children were smashing and slashing things at his country residence. One family member alleged that Mr. Offor’s feeble father, who had suffered a stroke a few years earlier, got pushed down in the melee. “He [Mr. Offor’s father] soon slipped into a coma in a hospital and died one and a half months later,” said the source.

Some of the family members who spoke to our correspondents made no secret of gloating over Mr. Offor’s financial and other crises. They accused him of bluntlyrefusing to offer financial assistance to most of his siblings and other relatives when he wallowed in immense wealth.

“We strongly believe he belongs to a secret cult to which he swore never to assist family members, including those in desperate need,” one of them stated.

The relatives disclosed that only two members of Mr. Offor’s extended family benefited from his wealth. “The first person was our father who died since February but has yet to be buried because Sir E. is looking for big cash to spend during the burial so he can create the impression that he is still very loaded,” said one relative.

The source said the second member of the family to have benefited from Mr. Offor’s now dwindled wealth “is Onyebuchi whom he put into the Anambra State House of Assembly as a legislator last year, despite protests from voters and stakeholders in our constituency who said the election was not free and fair.”

Two relatives told SaharaReporters that Mr. Offor was close to his late father, but detested his mother because she often questioned his excesses. One family source said the controversial businessman had on several occasions sent his father on trips abroad, but never allowed his mother,who hails from Esanland in Edo State, to travel even to Lagos. Mr. Offor’s deceased father was a police officer, and was once demoted from inspector to sergeant because of a successful petition of bribery against him by Ignatius Nwabueze, the late leader of the Rosicrucian Order in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Bismarck Rewane, one of Nigeria's most respected economists and the chief executive of Financial Derivatives Consulting, has argued that, with the emergence of Mr. Buhari as president, many Nigerian millionaires, especially those enriched by fraudulent government contracts, would soon become ex-millionaires.

Mr. Offor, who has been pushing close friends like former Senate president Ken Nnamani to join the ruling All Progressives Congress in a move to ingratiate himself with President Buhari, may be one of the most dramatic examples of financial catastrophe striking erstwhile profiteers from corrupt contracts. Mr. Offor’s combination of financial woes, marital troubles and crash from political relevance, appear to make Mr. Rewane’s statement very prophetic.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/18/dogged-ill-health-marital-feuds-emeka-offor%E2%80%99s-crisis-deepens

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by HungerBAD: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Rude awakening.

The Rich also cry,was a popular T.V Show when I was growing up.

I also hated that T.V Show,because anytime it came on,the only woman I have ever told I love you,will not come out because she was watching the show and I will be stuck with the mosquitoes behind their house,hiding from her Dad in the darkness.

The program taught us that the Rich have their problems,contrary to what the poor people think.

The story of Emeka Offor,should be a lesson to any sensible man. First,nothing lasts forever and that is why every man should be able to plan at least 20 Years ahead.

The second lesson is,do not tie your personal fortune to any political fortune or party. Do not invest in Politics as you will come out hurt,it is better the political parties spend their money on you,and not the other way round.

Two of my closest friends, invested heavily in Okowa to become the Governor of Delta State.

Today,both got SSA positions in Delta,and both have not recouped their money back,and their salaries is a Joke,and I still laugh at them even until this evening when one called to tell me he was planning on relocating Back to the US.

Both friends,like Emeka Offor invested a lot in PDP thinking Jonathan will win,and the looting will continue,but Buhari my man came to rescue Nigeria.

Do I pity Emeka Offor's financial situation?nah.

You do not invest in criminality,and expect a bumper reward. At a time this Emeka Offor was so Rich,I actually thought he was printing money in his house.

Today,lack of planning,lack of foresight,women,high life,parties,fast life,wrong investments and lack of common sense has turned him to Akin the Drummer boy.

Emeka Offor was one of the problems of Nigeria,in the 16 Years of PDP looting. God is punishing him.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by nwaanambra1(m): 12:47am On Aug 19, 2016
that morafuka will be thrown into ajo-ofia when he finally dies of blindness and swollen stomach and no one will be there to mourn him cause he is a cursed man!

Ndi Igbo said the worst kind of coward is the coward that flex his powers on his ummunna who are supposed to stand by him whn his enemies come from outside.

look at him with all his wealth yet he couldn't positively touch or change any of his kinsmen's life for the better - but rather was busy fighting and intimidating them with his ill-gotten, rotten and blood stained money!

now as he is, even vultures will reject his corpse! cheesy

this guys tried to tell the story of how bad offor is but these ones are actually tip of the ice berg - wait until u hear it first hand from his kinsmen!

http://elombah.com/index.php/811-atrocities-what-you-don-t-know-about-mr-emeka-offor-aka-sir-e

used his police muscles and locked up Bony Okonkwo for the simple offense of reminding the bargar that he is busy donating millions of dollars to lottery while his kinsmen are wallowing in total poverty - charity begins at home!

http://www.sharpedgenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1801:anambra-community-accuses-billionaire-emeka-offor-of-terror&Itemid=692

more expose on the idiota!

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/141816-police-abduct-incarcerate-nigerian-businessman-over-online-comments-about-pdp-topshot-emeka-offor.html

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by appini: 12:53am On Aug 19, 2016
Dry bones shall rise again.

4 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by nwaanambra1(m): 12:58am On Aug 19, 2016
appini:
Dry bones shall rise again.

No bro!

dry bones rise again only when the initial owner is a saint!

- as for offor(you notice i call him Offor cause his real name is not Emeka - he changed it whn he return from jail), like i said, as for offor, even his corpse will be rejected by the vultures talk less of his bones rising again - it would av been eaten by pigs! cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by modath(f): 1:01am On Aug 19, 2016
Karma won't wait, for some, it's on anabolic steroid with some angel dust thrown in!!!

The only thing that lasts still remains hard work and having a solid business standing.

No matter how bad it is or how much political patronage they've lost, the likes of Maduka, Otudeko,Elumelu etc won't be down and out because they minimise their risk and also ensure they have tangible businesses to keep them afloat!!

What am I even saying sef, undecided would the offor man have even gotten 2 kobo to rub together if not for acting as front, corrupt practices & laundering for politically exposed individuals?... He's losing it how he came about it, fast!!!

P.S... No one should bring that crap about owning a Disco, No, it's moot, none of the portfolio (No cash backing,zero expertise) companies claiming ownership of the discos truly own them in the true sense of the word.

They were just shared to political cronies, encumbered by legalese and shrouded in secrecy!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by appini: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2016
nwaanambra1:

No bro!

dry bones rise again only when the initial owner is a saint!

- as for offor(you notice i call him Offor cause his real name is not Emeka - he changed it whn he return from jail), like i said, as for offor, even his corpse will be rejected by the vultures talk less of his bones rising again - it would av been eaten by pigs! cheesy

God knows best.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by PaulIdu: 1:24am On Aug 19, 2016
This story has all the hallmarks of a paid slander. .it sounds like it was written in a beer parlour after 3 bottles of trophy lager and isiewu. Till I see him file for bankruptcy I am not buying this

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by KanwuliaExtra: 1:30am On Aug 19, 2016
E go soon BLACK like Jim Nwobodo!
No money to buy DISO for geNARator to set bleaching cream for face. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Justcash(m): 1:56am On Aug 19, 2016
We need more of evidence than speculations and rumour. They said that he fraudulently enriched himself, yet, they identified him as a government contractor. How are the two related? Did he not do the projects that he was assigned to do? If not, please, present the evidence or keep quiet.

People tend to hate and envy wealthy people. Funny enough, people that hate wealthy people remain poor and wretched. The man's family issue is his personal issue. If he is an occultist, then what is new? Was Nigerian cultures not built upon occultism? Ogboni is still being respected and recognized. Amadioha is still being worshipped. Oroo is still being observed in Nigeria. Traditional rulers are still being buried with human heads. So, if the man is an occultist, what is new? People can be damn hypocrites!

He is being castigated by Sahara reporters because he was a financer of PDP. They took their attack beyond politics. They went personal. Buhari is making him poor, and people that he employed are losing jobs, yet, all of you are rejoicing. After, all of you will be screaming that there is unemployment and poverty in the land.That is a big shame.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by tomakint: 2:06am On Aug 19, 2016
What a wasted life.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Sibrah: 2:10am On Aug 19, 2016
Justcash:
We need more of evidence than speculations and rumour. They said that he fraudulently enriched himself, yet, they identified him as a government contractor. How are the two related? Did he not do the projects that he was assigned to do? If not, please, present the evidence or keep quiet.

People tend to hate and envy wealthy people. Funny enough, people that hate wealthy people remain poor and wretched. The man's family issue is his personal issue. If he is an occultist, then what is new? Was Nigerian cultures not built upon occultism? Ogboni is still being respected and recognized. Amadioha is still being worshipped. Oroo is still being observed in Nigeria. Traditional rulers are still being buried with human heads. So, if the man is an occultist, what is new? People can be damn hypocrites!

He is being castigated by Sahara reporters because he was a financer of PDP. They took their attack beyond politics.
They went personal. Buhari is making him poor, and people that he employed are losing jobs, yet, all of you are rejoicing. After, all of you will be screaming that there is unemployment and poverty in the land.That is a big shame.
reminds me of PDP attack on Buhari via phony documentary.

20 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by DIKEnaWAR: 2:36am On Aug 19, 2016
He who gathers ant-infested gays(I wrote f.ag.gots meaning firewood. nairaland should stop this stupid censoring. It is annoying) is asking for a visit from lizards. He had it coming. I hope Ifeanyi Ubah and all emergency millionaires learn from this story. Goodbye to champagne and lavish lifestyle. I hope his law dropout new intimacy gadget doesn't leave him in the end.

9 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by scribble: 4:23am On Aug 19, 2016
This na nollywood special

1 Like

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by AustineE1: 6:06am On Aug 19, 2016
Journalism has been thrown to the dogs in Nigeria....sahara reporters and petty journalism,you cant seperate both..

9 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Sahara Reporters: Emeka Offor is broke

Some People: this is propaganda, brown envelope journalism, Lagos-Ibadan Express Way media, libel, lies from the pits of hell, Sahara is Tinubu's propaganda instrument

...............................................................................................
Sahara Reporters: Buratai acquires property in Dubai, Fayose names Aisha in Halliburton scandal, PMB lands in London for ear treatment.

Some People: Yes, we said it!!! Who doesn't know before, Buhari is cursed, I just love Fayose.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Hedonistically: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2016
This makes for an interesting read. Sensational report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Beremx(f): 7:29am On Aug 19, 2016
Is it not his palatial mansion along Onitsha- Owerri road precisely Oraifite people troop in to pay solidarity visits? Any time i travel, i always see people gather at his gate.

Too bad his situation has deteriorated like this.

5 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by shukuokukobambl: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Mr. Offor’s troubled relationship with his first wife has been exacerbated by the fact that their first daughter has two children out of wedlock for a young man who hails from Ondo State

Chei!! So Emeka Offor is in law to one of the floggers of eze ndi igbo? The girl was dazed by a yoloba boy

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by juman(m): 7:41am On Aug 19, 2016
No rich man ever like mko abiola in nigeria.

Abiola helped everybody gladly.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Progressive01(m): 7:47am On Aug 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
Rude awakening.

The Rich also cry,was a popular T.V Show when I was growing up.

I also hated that T.V Show,because anytime it came on,the only woman I have ever told I love you,will not come out because she was watching the show and I will be stuck with the mosquitoes behind their house,hiding from her Dad in the darkness.

The program taught us that the Rich have their problems,contrary to what the poor people think.

The story of Emeka Offor,should be a lesson to any sensible man. First,nothing lasts forever and that is why every man should be able to plan at least 20 Years ahead.

The second lesson is,do not tie your personal fortune to any political fortune or party. Do not invest in Politics as you will come out hurt,it is better the political parties spend their money on you,and not the other way round.

Two of my closest friends, invested heavily in Okowa to become the Governor of Delta State.

Today,both got SSA positions in Delta,and both have not recouped their money back,and their salaries is a Joke,and I still laugh at them even until this evening when one called to tell me he was planning on relocating Back to the US.

Both friends,like Emeka Offor invested a lot in PDP thinking Jonathan will win,and the looting will continue,but Buhari my man came to rescue Nigeria.

Do I pity Emeka Offor's financial situation?nah.

You do not invest in criminality,and expect a bumper reward. At a time this Emeka Offor was so Rich,I actually thought he was printing money in his house.

Today,lack of planning,lack of foresight,women,high life,parties,fast life,wrong investments and lack of common sense has turned him to Akin the Drummer boy.

Emeka Offor was one of the problems of Nigeria,in the 16 Years of PDP looting. God is punishing him.

Brace yourself- they'd descend in droves. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by juman(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Buhari was elected to curb corruption, we are seeing the corruption been put under control.

Buhari = change.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by vedaxcool(m): 7:52am On Aug 19, 2016
I feel sorry for the man, wishing him the best.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Hedonistically: 8:22am On Aug 19, 2016
juman:
No rich man ever like mko abiola in nigeria.

Abiola helped everybody gladly.

If you're talking about helping everybody, then Abiola was a learner in comparison with a certain Igbo individual called Prince Arthur Eze... What Arthur Eze has given away is more than what Abiola accumulated in his lifetime.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by thundabot(f): 10:17am On Aug 19, 2016
I PRAY YOU GET BACK ON YOUR FEET SOON

1 Like

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by yeyeboi(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
The rich also suffer not only cry sef

3 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Franchise21(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
This is incredibly hilarious grin
SaharaReporters is Emeka Offor's worst nightmare

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by slimpoppa(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2016
sorry bout that.
Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin... Check for the cause of the man's problem and you would see that two items are paramount

1. Buha.ri; his problem began here.
2. Wo.men; this was the apex of his problems.

Me I still need one IPad sha.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by Spells(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2016
Can't see this post all... It's too long

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by LesbianBoy(m): 10:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Its now he would know the true colour of that his young and beautiful wife lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Emeka Offor’s Ill Health, Marital Feuds, His Crisis Deepens by frozenSun(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Life oh Life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths / Punter Backed Germany To Beat Brazil 7-1, Wins $46,000 [pix] / Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.