Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia (17026 Views)

Bridging The Gap. Cameroons Attack Helicopter Fleet Nears Parity With Nigeria. / Nigerian Air Force Acquires Helicopter Gunships, Other Aircraft / Ngeria Army To Take Delivery Of 12 New Mi-35 Attack Helicopter Gunships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by LRNZH(m): 3:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Abuja—The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Saddique Abubakar, said yesterday there was urgent need to boost the capacity of Nigerian Air Force to meet its responsibilities.

He spoke against the backdrop of involvement of the Nigerian Air Force in the battle to rid the country of terrorism in the North East and other serious security issues confronting the country, such as Niger Delta militancy.

To this end, Abubakar, in an NTA programme, said that NAF would soon take delivery of 12 new Mi-35 attack helicopter gunships fitted with modern facilities to fire guided missiles at enemy positions.

Aside the gunships from Russia, he said a new set of fighter jets from the United States of America with ISR facilities would soon be delivered to NAF as soon as the US Congress, which gives approval on manufacture and sale of such hi-tech weaponry, gave its nod.

Commenting on the activities of Boko Haram terrorists and their camps in Sambisa, Air Marshal Abubakar said: “We have degraded the capacity of the Boko Haram terrorist’s group to move around inside the Sambisa forest.

‘’The only problem we are having is that of the terrain. It is a big challenge because the place has been mined and troops cannot just move freely.” Noting, however, that the terrorists had been fleeing the forest because of airforce bombardment, Abubakar said the task was immense.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-air-force-expecting-12-attack-helicopter-gunships-russia/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by LRNZH(m): 3:24am On Aug 19, 2016
Mi-35 in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bW4NrUYK0g

Intro
The Mi-35M is a multi-role combat helicopter manufactured by Rostvertol, a subsidiary of Russian Helicopters. It is an export variant of Mi-24 Hind attack helicopter. Primarily designed for attack and military transport missions, the helicopter delivers superior flight performance and manoeuvrability than its predecessor.

The production of Mi-35M started in 2005. The aircraft integrates modern, high-precision weaponry for destroying ground-based armoured targets and providing air support for ground missions. It can be modified as an attack, ground assault, medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) or transport platform.

The Mi-35M is one of the modern combat helicopters in the Russian Air Force inventory. It is also operated by the armed forces of Venezuela, Brazil and Azerbaijan.

Features
Based on the Mi-24 Hind, the Mi-35M incorporates several improvements, including shortened stub wings, a new rotor system, modern avionics, upgraded turboshaft engines and a hydraulic system. The cockpit and vital components of the helicopter are significantly armoured.

It can be deployed in combat missions in various geographies with high-temperature and high-altitude environments and features round-the-clock combat capabilities for conducting missions during day and night. It is also capable of operating from unprepared and poorly equipped airfields.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi-35m-hind-e/

8 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by omoelesa(m): 3:30am On Aug 19, 2016
IPOB,Jonathan-NDA,Boko- haram,how market?

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by asala1: 4:59am On Aug 19, 2016
Getting ready for October 1st.

3 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by blackpanda: 5:12am On Aug 19, 2016
This is how its done. This is how to rule a country. Not like that moronic mr clueless that smuggled millions of dollars to SA on the pretext of buying imaginary weapons!

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by persius555(m): 6:19am On Aug 19, 2016
Average cost of that bird is 25 million dolls
Including maintainance cost and all, we are looking at roughly 350 million or thereabout.
Until I see them land at the base, I refused to be emotionally amused.
I want to jump for joy, but no be naija we dey.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by ANBAKO: 6:22am On Aug 19, 2016
He who has ears, listen to what the spirit says!!!

God bless Nigeria but punish her enemies

18 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Progressive01(m): 6:50am On Aug 19, 2016
Very cheery news to me. We need to drastically upgrade our military in terms of hardware and personnel so anyone has to think very long and hard when struck with the idea of doing something silly to this country.

I know some bunch of inconsolable never-do-wells will huff and puff at this as well. Regardless, all terrorist groups from Boko Haram to NDA to iPOD are hereby put on notice. Thread carefully. wink

18 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by tyson99(m): 6:58am On Aug 19, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by shukuokukobambl: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2016
LRNZH:
Abuja—The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Saddique Abubakar, said yesterday there was urgent need to boost the capacity of Nigerian Air Force to meet its responsibilities.

He spoke against the backdrop of involvement of the Nigerian Air Force in the battle to rid the country of terrorism in the North East and other serious security issues confronting the country, such as Niger Delta militancy.

To this end, Abubakar, in an NTA programme, said that NAF would soon take delivery of 12 new Mi-35 attack helicopter gunships fitted with modern facilities to fire guided missiles at enemy positions.

Aside the gunships from Russia, he said a new set of fighter jets from the United States of America with ISR facilities would soon be delivered to NAF as soon as the US Congress, which gives approval on manufacture and sale of such hi-tech weaponry, gave its nod.

Commenting on the activities of Boko Haram terrorists and their camps in Sambisa, Air Marshal Abubakar said: “We have degraded the capacity of the Boko Haram terrorist’s group to move around inside the Sambisa forest.

‘’The only problem we are having is that of the terrain. It is a big challenge because the place has been mined and troops cannot just move freely.” Noting, however, that the terrorists had been fleeing the forest because of airforce bombardment, Abubakar said the task was immense.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/terrorism-air-force-expecting-12-attack-helicopter-gunships-russia/amp/

Tell Buhari that i don't care and i no send. I must continue bombing angry

18 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by DonBobes(m): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Tell Buhari that i don't care and i no send. I must continue bombing angry

LWTMB!!!
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by babyfaceafrica: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
NIce

1 Like

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by youngberry001(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2016
blackpanda:
This is how its done. This is how to rule a country. Not like that moronic mr clueless that smuggled millions of dollars to SA on the pretext of buying imaginary weapons!
u speak well bro,,,,,,,bravo!!

#military

8 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Rikidony(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2016
nice one Baba, IB borrowed $2B to fund the military but all we got was looting and Alfa jet. God go punish them alll

17 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by veekid(m): 8:03am On Aug 19, 2016
lipsrsealed Nigeria will be great one day, that's what im sure of

3 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by herzern(m): 8:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Seriously....
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by acunon: 8:04am On Aug 19, 2016
What a nice development, I hope it doesn't turn fund diversion and openly scam as they usually do

1 Like

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by herzern(m): 8:04am On Aug 19, 2016

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2016
so na wetin he wan dey use our budget money for be that? God abeg dash buhari small sense
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2016
Sai Baba

I hope they are for your boko haram fulani brothers.

As for we IPOB, we careless, we can't be intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2016
Rikidony:
nice one Baba, IB borrowed $2B to fund the military but all we got was looting and Alfa jet. God go punish them alll
even if i was a sadist this comment make me laff nd mess together...lol

2 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Professor101(m): 8:08am On Aug 19, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by kobonaire(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Boko Haram ...... suya time!!
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by seunny4lif(m): 8:09am On Aug 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Nigeria is at War shocked shocked shocked
Oh boy grin grin

19th Aug grin grin grin
My BD grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Then for give us Apache fighters nah
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Bgorgeous: 8:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Make una bring am first haba!!
Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Spells(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2016
All this for October 1st

5 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
When i read the title, I been think say na Airforce1 (that nairaland musician) wey russia wan attack ... grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Airforce Expecting 12 Attack Helicopter Gunships from Russia by Thisis2raw(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Question of the day: Are this weapons paid by the past administration or this present govt?

If it's been paid by This present govt were did dey get the fund for that?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Launches 2019 Campaign, Speaks On Policy Document (LIVE UPDATES) / "Buhari: A Public Servant On A Private Visit With Public Money" / Dangote Vs Ibeto, Who Is Actually Richer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.