Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? (9089 Views)

Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / Which Model Of Blackberry Has The Best Camera Quality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2009
Hi everyone,

I would like to know the nokia phone model that is the best for internet connection to laptop.

Thanks.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by Dclique(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
N or E series nokia phones have the best in-built modems.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by aieromon(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
Word!
You forgot to include the high end XpressMusic phones
5230,5320,5530,5700,and 5800 wink
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
& 6120classicwinkc
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
I appreciate the response got so far.

Quote from Dclique

N or E series nokia phones have the best in-built modems.

Kindly give samples of the above.

Thanks.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by KennyG6(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
it depends on wat ur u wanna do with it

I personally like the Nokia E90, its a PDA/computer/fone
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thanks so much Kenny G.

Just something to serve as modem for my laptop for home use.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2009
hw much do want 2 budget 4 it?
If its strictly 4 modem use i'd advice u 2 get a 3G modem, i tink dey cost lyk N15k or so. . . .dat way u cn easily change sims n nt damage d sim slot. . .wel except u r alredy expectn a fone
Bin using 6120clasic( goes 4 abt N18-24k nw) 4 almost 2 yrs n d only tin is it gets very hot at tyms( dis hapens 2 all fones usd as modems) but hv recorded incredible speeds n data downloads wit it
If u stil want 2 use a fone mk sure its nokia n has 3G( wit 2100mhz band-umts)
Hope dis helps
Cheers
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by honsule(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
i want to say that too.how much are u budgeting for the type of phone u want?
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by Dclique(m): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
@poster, Sorry i didnt reply earlier.
You can get Nokia E51. Its about 30-32. Its also 3G enabled. Thats the next phone am getting.
Or
Nokia N70. Its not as expensive as E51.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by mjay(m): 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
If its strictly 4 modem use i'd advice u 2 get a 3G modem, i tink dey cost lyk N15k or so. . . .dat way u cn easily change sims n nt damage d sim slot. . .wel except u r alredy expectn a fone

Ill gv u a 3g usb modem, that can work with all networks. Its usb soo u can use it on laptop and desktop. You can beging browsing at the speed of light from as low as 1k. You wouldnt need to plug it separately like you would need a fone. I have few pieces left, its just 14k. Holla if ure intersted 08033093741
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by aieromon(m): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
Immediately lynxnoon dropped the usb modem idea,i knew mjay was gonna pay this thread a visit grin
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by Dclique(m): 1:20am On Sep 29, 2009
Lol.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by luv2talk(m): 2:51am On Sep 29, 2009
@Poster
You should try and get NOKIA 6230 or 6230i,its very good and effective.thats what i use though lol.You can get its TOKUNBO at the rate of 6,500 Naira Only.Then u get the USB cable for just 500 naira, i hope this helps
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by smasher1(m): 4:27am On Sep 29, 2009
Use Nokia N95, 96 or 97.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2009
Thanks all.

Posted by: honsule
Insert Quote

I have 15-20k at hand. The main thing is that I need internet connection for home use and I have been told I can do so through the use of phone/laptop. I am in Ibadan. What is the best option: getting a 3g usb modem or using a phone. Reliable information is needed.

Thanks.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by aieromon(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2009
The 3G modem is way better.
Reason - It is not battery dependent
You can use multiple sims with ease and convienience
Easy to carry about
I can only advise you to buy the phone if you intend using it for purposes other than as a usb modem
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2009
Thanks all.

Posted by: honsule
Insert Quote

I have 15-20k at  hand.  The main thing is that I need internet connection for home use and I have been told I can do so through the use of phone/laptop.  I am in Ibadan.  What is the best option: getting a 3g usb modem or using a phone?  Reliable information is needed.

Thanks.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2009
Thanks aieromon

Where can I get a good 3G modem in Ibadan here and who is willing and ready to help me out when I get it? I still welcome useful tips and ideas.

Thanks
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2009
@poster
i tink u shud go for d usb modem if u dnt intend to use it as a fone too

@mjay
u go pay me commission oh for soliciting
by d wats d make n model of d modems u hv?

@aieromon
word!!
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2009
FunmyKemmy:

Thanks aieromon
Where can I get a good 3G modem in Ibadan here and who is willing and ready to help me out when I get it? I still welcome useful tips and ideas.
Thanks
ur best bet wud be to com to lagos but b4 u do try to search online for d specs n type . . . d common 1s around r huawei tho i hv a frnd dat may still want to sell his own
Anyhw tk kia n lets knw wat u com up wit
cheers
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2009
Thanks Lynxnoon,

Like I said, I live in Ibadan. I need someone to assist me about this. Which is the best among the 3G modems?

Thanks
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2009
hmmm ibadan . . . . .
d tin is even if u see ant in IB it may be way too expensive cos dey all com to lag to get it
ok try to chk if deres any shop in ib dat sells n lets knw wat models u found n i'll tel u wich to choose
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by lynxnoon(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2009
i jst chatted wit ma frnd
he wil drop a post now
cheers
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by hayprof(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2009
@Kemi, if u dont mind i do av a 3G modem available 2 d moment . .and u r rest assured its the best SPEED u will get ,

Pls, see my thread below;  Available For Sale Is The New Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem (3.6mbps Download Speed Rate)

Let me noe if you are interested, i will be Glad to help push it down to Ibadan . .and u pick it up !

Contact me on : 08066337900

You can as well send me a text !   wink
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by honsule(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2009
@Hayprof.don't 4get my own too o.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
Quote from hayprof

@Kemi, if u dont mind i do av a 3G modem available 2 d moment . .and u r rest assured its the best SPEED u will get ,

Pls, see my thread below; Available For Sale Is The New Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem (3.6mbps Download Speed Rate)

Let me noe if you are interested, i will be Glad to help push it down to Ibadan . .and u pick it up !

Contact me on : 08066337900

You can as well send me a text !

Ok, thanks. Are you a friend to Lynxnoon?
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ all

Is this MTN 3G modem the best for browsing? Kindly let me know.

Thanks.
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by hayprof(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2009
yea! lyn is my padi, he hinted me bout this thread !

I replied your text ! do lemmie noe wat u think ?!
Re: Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? by aieromon(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
@hayprof
Guy,don't push out everythin' oh.i still have an interest though am out of location.Tis why i haven't called

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Still Has The Highest Gsm Internet And Mobile Subscribers In Q1 2017 / Oneplus One The 2014 Flagship Killer Phone That Rocks / MTN Introduces Blackberry Daily Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.