Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 (4469 Views)

Poll: Who Wins this match?

Fiorentina: 58% (7 votes)
Liverpool: 25% (3 votes)
Draw: 16% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 1 ) On 29th December 2013 / Arsenal Vs Liverpool (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 5th May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by mukina2: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
[img]http://calcio.ucoz.ru/images/clubs/Fiorentina_logo.gif[/img] Vs

After succumbing to defeat on match day 1 against Lyon from France, Fiorentina aim to put right their opening day woes and secure all three points against a Liverpool side who picked up maximum points in their first game of the group, beating Hungarian outfit – Debrecen, 1-0 at Anfield, in Liverpool. The pair have never met in a European affair but Fiorentina will take some heart from their 2-0 victory over Liverpool’s Merseyside neighbours; Everton, back in the UEFA Cup two seasons ago. Fiorentina also boast an impressive record against English opponents with the Tuscan side yet to taste defeat in Florence against any English travellers. They have won twice and drawn just the one, with their 2-0 win over Everton their most recent success over an English side. However, Liverpool will also be very confident ahead of their trip to Italy with Rafaerl Benitez’s side unbeaten in their last four encounters with Serie A opponents, with their most recent success being a narrow 1-0 away at Inter Milan, two seasons ago.
Scoring is a problem for Fiorentina at the moment, with the likes of Gilardino & Adrian Mutu failing to score on a regular basis and in bigger batches for their club. The Viola have scored just seven goals in seven games, with youngster Steven Jovetic scoring three of those. They did score twice at home in game with Sampdoria in their most recent home outing but they had previously just managed one goal in their two previous home fixtures, but, however, they have gotten the win on each occasion and, in today’s climate, that’s all that matters.Cesare Prandelli, has to deal with just one key absentee as Alberto Gilardino, a striker with three goals to his name this season, will miss this game with Liverpool through suspension.Gianluca Comotto & Mario Santana are both nursing injuries and look set to miss this exciting home game and Lorenzo De Silvestri, Fiorentina’s first choice right-back, is also unavailable.

Liverpool warmed up for this tricky away trip to Italy in tremendous fashion, smashing a poor Hull City for six in a 6-1 rout at Anfield at the weekend. Fernando Torres took his league tally to eight goals as he scored his fourth Liverpool hat-trick. The Spain international has been in lethal form of late, scoring five goals in his last two league appearances. He did haven’t much luck in Liverpool’s first Champions League game with Debrecen but he should carry his recent league form into Italy and Fiorentina will need to be wary of a somewhat resurgent Spaniard.Steven Gerrard also embraced the score sheet on Saturday when he scored a sublime goal midway through the second half. Ryan Babel was the super sub on the day when he scored two after coming off the bench. Dirk Kuyt has also been in ideal form and he was the supplier for one half of Ryan Babel’s late brace. Liverpool’s defence has looked shaky this season and Fiorentine will come out with all guns blazing and the movement of Mutu and Jovetic could be difficult to deal with. Nevertheless, Rafa Benitez’s team are better suited for this match than the home game with Debrecen and will likely show their class in the Champions League once again.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
mukina2:

Rafa Benitez’s team are better suited for this match than the home game with Debrecen and will likely show their class in the Champions League once again.

They'll show them some class all right! grin

Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by coolguyz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
i hope liverpool will heal the pain of the FE U-20 loss to spain by inflicting damage to florentina at their backyard!

YNWA
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by bgees(m): 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
tough one, but we will come out with 3 points.

Carra should better be sharp .
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
coolguyz:

i hope liverpool will heal the pain of the FE U-20 loss to spain by inflicting damage to florentina at their backyard!

YNWA

I feel no pain whatsoever. Haven't even bothered to watch any of those matches. wink
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by bgees(m): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
I just heard we'd be missing Benny and Masch. but we will come through all the same.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2009
bgees:

I just heard we'd be missing Benny and Masch. but we will come through all the same.

Was watching Liverpool Action Replay this morning and the presenter with the team in Florence stated that while Masch couldn't travel due to a tight hamstring, Yossi had travelled and was available for selection tonight.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2009
Guys you have to see this amazing video of Zidane on Gerrard! Blew my mind to bits!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq7FvSlOkw
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by call4shola(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool beware, this should end in liverpool's favour though but i can't stick out my neck for them. 1-2 shuld do for the reds, Never rob  walk alone.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by KennyG6(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2009
praying 4 a reds win tonight
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by wealthyguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2009
I trust the Reds.

They wil surely deliver.

You will never walk alone!
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by McDoe(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2009
No need for all these unreliable predictions until you hear the final whistle.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by ichommy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2009
the match will be every hard shocked
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Nezan(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool!
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool are losing this game.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Dclique(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2009
I doubt that.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by monopolist: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool will win this match.

We do not walk alone, you know now.

Liverpool has won the match against Florentina
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Borat1: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
Torres should break his leg so i can ship him out of my fantasy team. Thats all i can say. . .
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Dclique(m): 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2009
Lol, hater
That will not happen.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Borat1: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2009
Jovetic is giving liverpool something to think about
Goal jovetic!
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by biina: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2009
19yr old Jovetic scores! Fiorentina 1 - 0 Liverpool. The lad is showing quite the potential.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by biina: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool missing Mascherano badly. Fiorentina are finding it too easy to spray passes from central midfield to down both flanks
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Borat1: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
The viola are burning the scousers. . .
Jovetic is raping liverpool
Jovetic goal. .2-0
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Dclique(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
WTF is wrong with liv.pool.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by biina: 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2009
Fiorentina 2 - 0 Liverpool
The 19yr old has his brace and is en route for an hat trick shocked
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2009
Hehehehe grin grin grin grin Make una come see thrashing ooo. Una dey get am front,back,right and centre.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2009
Krayola:

Liverpool are losing this game.
wink
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2009
Never seen Liverpool play so poorly! Similar to the Debrecen debacle! angry angry angry Hope Aurelio comes off for Riera!
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by ekeroyal(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2009
I'm really surprised as to why Liverpool will play so sluggish not able to get the French me into the bag They're letting them so much patrol space. Are they pregnant?

I'm afraid that liverpool may go home 4 goals lower than Fiorentina. embarassed cry
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
The Reds are playing so much better now!
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
Liverpool are trying to step up their attack now.  .  .they should get a goal soon.
Re: Champions League: Fiorentina - Liverpool,2-0 On Tuesday 29th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
Cristalz:

Liverpool are trying to step up their attack now.  .  .they should get a goal soon.

Fiorentina will score another on the break. Benitez is playin right into their hands grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Gave My Vote To Christiano Ronaldo But Shocked To Hear I Voted Messi-players / Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec / Brief-soccer-felipe Melo Voted Serie A’s Worst Player By Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.