Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar (17402 Views)

Naira Sinks To Record Low At N420 Against Dollar / Naira Sinks To 378/dollar As Analysts Expect MPC Action / Naira Sinks To N375 Per Dollar - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Nigeriatraining: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Bank sold dollar to me today at the rate of 300 per dollar.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by asiwaju87(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
To a common layman on the streets of LAGOS, what we are after is the Black market rate not inter-bank rate abeg

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Reference(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
bettercreature:
We must return the peg on naira otherwise this western people will destroy our currency like they did to zimbabwe

Are westerners the ones ordering for the dollar. Abeg use your head. Just look at Nairaland adverts and count how many items presented are made in Nigeria then realize that it is your fellow citizens to blame, crying about jobs on the one hand and complaining about scarce foreign exchange to BUY things that can be made on the other. Every major street front including residential premises throughout Nigeria, I mean every state in Nigeria are occupied by SHOPS. That is your problem not foreigners, because buying and selling is easier than making stuff. No be only peg, handcuff na. Peg means using every dollar in CBN savings to suport the importation of italian shoes, french perfume and swiss cheese, continu....

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Reference(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nigeriatraining:
Bank sold dollar to me today at the rate of 300 per dollar.

What are you buying the dollar for?
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Jacko1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
herzern:
Buhari's economy team has no framework...... undecided

An average professor of Economics in University of Ibadan will perform better!......

Afonjas talkin from other side of their mouth as usual
No be una vote am in firstplace lubbish

Sha me am happy let it fall sotey wen ma big bro for usa send me 100dollar i cash out 40k.... Himagine

Maybe next month sha.... Cos dis month i collect 35k walai

E be lik say dis bros go start to send me 200dollar oh
Chisos..... Hinfact dat kind money i fit date omotola pikin

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by hustla(m): 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
jmoore:

Yes, lets ban all importation of Petrol and Kerosene.

I swear this is the first major thing
Then fix electricity
Then build refineries that actually work

If they can do these 3 things, it will go back down to at least 150/$1

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by maursatt: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
Naira is dancing oshelege in this government.

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Miles300: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
It's better Buhari step down and step aside , it's no longer a joke again before nigeria will start surviving on foreign aid .

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Pavore9: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Krismart:
Na 2day?

Our demand now outstrips supply...........make we go earn our dollars as me self dey hustle to earn the dollars for my business needs.
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by vislabraye(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
How many all time low do we have ? When it was 400, we heard it was all time low.
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Pavore9: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Reference:

Are westerners the ones ordering for the dollar. Abeg use your head. Just look at Nairaland adverts and count how many items presented are made in Nigeria then realize that it is your fellow citizens to blame, crying about jobs on the one hand and complaining about scarce foreign exchange to BUY things that can be made on the other. Every major street front including residential premises throughout Nigeria, I mean every state in Nigeria are occupied by SHOPS. That is your problem not foreigners, because buying and selling is easier than making stuff. No be only peg, handcuff na. Peg means using every dollar in CBN savings to suport the importation of italian shoes, french perfume and swiss cheese, continu....

You captured my thought! We think there is nothing wrong when an economy is dependent on buying and selling of imported goods with easy excuses that local production of some easy stuffs is not possible. Many will be forcefully weaned by the present situation!

Kenyan FX market is very stable because only few are concerned about foreign exchange, so one can easily walk into a Forex shop and buy foreign currency of choice.

Next week, the City of Nairobi will be hosting 10,000 delegates coming in for the Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development. all hotels are booked, cab services pre-booked, SMEs into arts and crafts are putting finishing touches to their products which would be sold off to the thousands of foreigners as no one visits Kenya without going back with Souvenirs..........just imagine how many million of that dollars will come into the Kenyan economy from a two day conference, trickling into the pockets of the citizens

3 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by GloriaNinja(f): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Naira is bullshit now
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by pippimp(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
herzern:

There are some Niqerians who were not part of the mismanagement of the economy when it was booming. .

Should they also suffer for it

Unborn children....should they also suffer for it??

Bro.....haba!

All Nigerians, dead or alive, whether you held public office or not, you are part of the problem. You are the reason why the country is the way it is. When you collect salt or rice to vote, hail fayose for his s.tupidity, take sides between GEJ and PMB, (they are both useless), applaud when suspects are burnt in the streets, give bribe, take bribe, dump refuse on the streets, etc, you are directly making Nigeria a terrible country. It takes every citizen to make a country great. One person or a group of people cannot ruin it. It takes a collective effort to ruin it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Miles300: 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
onatisi:
the bank exchange rate will peak at 400N, the dullard president wasted too much time in nipping this problem at the bud immediately he came into power instead he was busy jetting all over the world taking paparazzi pictures.
u are so correct on this one , the bank charges 380 for a dollar now just did a transaction on my master naira card .. Buhari I don't care attitude upon resuming office is a backlash of wat the economy is goin tru

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Reference(m): 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
But what the CBN can do is to go after the key bleeders of our scarce forex, giving the economic intelligence to FIRS and coming down heavily on them with massive taxation and floating VAT rates to further 'encourage' them to buy Nigeria. Let it publish these guzzlers of fx. You can never tell what info may come out from whistleblowers.
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
pippimp:

All Nigerians, dead or alive, whether you held public office or not, you are part of the problem. You are the reason why the country is the way it is. When you collect salt or rice to vote, hail fayose for his s.tupidity, take sides between GEJ and PMB, (they are both useless), applaud when suspects are burnt in the streets, give bribe, take bribe, dump refuse on the streets, etc, you are directly making Nigeria a terrible country. It takes every citizen to make a country great. One person or a group of people cannot ruin it. It takes a collective effort to ruin it.
They dont see it that way. Ive had lots of arguments on people over this. We all do our part ..... but they argue that change MUST come from the top. The bad decisions were influnced by the people below....

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pavore9:

You captured my thought! We think there is nothing wrong when an economy is dependent on buying and selling of imported goods with easy excuses that local production of some easy stuffs is not possible. Many will be forcefully weaned by the present situation!

Kenyan FX market is very stable because only few are concerned about foreign exchange, so one can easily walk into a Forex shop and buy foreign currency of choice.

Next week, the City of Nairobi will be hosting 10,000 delegates coming in for the Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development. all hotels are booked, cab services pre-booked, SMEs into arts and crafts are putting finishing touches to their products which would be sold off to the thousands of foreigners as no one visits Kenya without going back with Souvenirs..........just imagine how many million of that dollars will come into the Kenyan economy from a two day conference, trickling into the pockets of the citizens
I don't know why , I've always liked your posts, am sending you a P.M right now
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by pippimp(m): 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
Babzilla:

They dont see it that way. Ive had lots of arguments on people over this. We all do our part ..... but they argue that change MUST come from the top. The bad decisions were influnced by the people below....

The only thing you are i can do is try to enlighten these people. It is not going to be easy though. It is not easy to change half a century of mental degradation.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by amerlino(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
still waiting for one naira to equal one dollar

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by onatisi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Miles300:
u are so correct on this one , the bank charges 380 for a dollar now just did a transaction on my master naira card .. Buhari I don't care attitude upon resuming office is a backlash of wat the economy is goin tru
The demand for dollars will keep rising and the cost will keep rising. This government has no idea how to curb the nation economic problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by diva90: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
I'm curious to know what the rate will be like by November/December another high demand season

1 Like

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by onatisi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
diva90:
I'm curious to know what the rate will be like by November/December another high demand season
400-500

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
I heared one man say this

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by geraob1: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
tushbobo:
Looking inwards seems to be the only solution. We are too import dependent.

That is a major step towards solving the problem. We should also be looking at this restructuring of a thing.
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by Barezzi(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
onatisi:

When I said this in July ,many thought I was kidding
This man! You be fortune teller!! Why didnt i see this? shocked angry
Imagine if i bought 10m naira worth of dollars then!!! Gaddamit undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by venom13(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Mumu

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by fuckerholic(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
veekid:
lipsrsealed I still haven't get the jerk between This dollar and Our naira. Please who can explain to me?
Not we but you and your cronies
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by onatisi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Barezzi:

This man! You be fortune teller!! Why didnt i see this? shocked angry
Imagine if i bought 10m naira worth of dollars then!!! Gaddamit undecided
The demand will keep rising because local production will keep on reducing due to the fact that many companies wont be able to stay afloat. The huge population and market needs constant supply of goods which means higher importation,more smuggling and more pressure on the naira. The FG will be forced to borrow more and more and more money just to meet basic responsibilities. Some banks will be forced to stop forex transactions on their cards totally as time goes on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by ladyF(f): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
I though that someone from BDC said it will be 300 in 1 month.lol grin

Cc: Freeworld23

4 Likes

Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by LordAdam: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
ladyF:
I though that someone from BDC said it will be 300 in 1 month.lol grin

Cc: Freeworld23

Don't mind that road-side economist.

That is how CBN told Buhari that rate would eventually settle at 250. For this Nigeria? How e 1 tk happen?

-Lord
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by kings09(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Zombies n insults be like buhari n incompetence
MadCow1:

So you felt the need to be a disrespectful twerp while standing on your high horse of righteousness?

Pfft..

I have nothing to say to you.. Go learn some manners..
Re: Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar by piagetskinner(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
u get tired of reading this poo every time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Data Shows CBN Not Defending Naira With FX Reserves - Businessday / Follow Me As I Take You 2ru The Process Of Making $200 Daily On Clickbank / How Government Policies Is Killing My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.