Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

What Does Love Look Like To You? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does Love Look Like To You? (8156 Views)

Which Islamic Name Would You Like To Give Your Children? / What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? / What Does Islam Say About Terrorism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Love Look Like To You? by Aminat508(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2016

We all know that emotions don’t have any physical form or shape or definitive meaning for that matter. They mean different things to different people on different occasions.

I think that part of finding your peace is to get comfortable with the understanding that you won’t always live-up to everyone else’s definition of whatever emotional need they’re currently experiencing because you’re human and you don’t have all the solutions. And you don’t need to. Re-read that last sentence and get comfortable with it, write it down if you like. YOU ARE ENOUGH.

People won’t always present you with the emotional responses you’re looking for. And that’s okay. Because whilst we all thrive when we receive the love and emotional care our souls yearn for; we do not allow our happiness to be totally dependent on something someone else may or may not give us. Maybe happiness, like love, is a gift we must give ourselves before anyone else can give them to us.

The people around us don’t know how much of sincerity we have but their hearts can always perceive the purity of our intentions. (Take a moment to appreciate the love that your loved ones have for you. Your kids, spouse, siblings may drive you mad but they love you in a way that no other human can).

We don’t question the sacrifices we make for our loved ones and maybe that’s because when we set aside our notions of love, for the ones we love, we begin to realise that often, our deepest feelings are the guides we’ve been searching for.

Looking around I’ve been privileged (as have you, no doubt) to witness many teachers of pure love…

The mother who skips a meal so that her hungry child will have something to eat

The father who gives his jacket to his little girl even though it’s cold and he’ll get soaked in the rain

The wife who waits for her husband to get home so that they can share a meal together

The husband who might not remember to get her flowers and chocolates but will move mountains to be there for his wife when she needs him the most

The parents who relinquish their dreams so that their children can pursue theirs

The stranger who buys a homeless person a meal

The salesperson who works 10-hour shifts so that her child can get a good education

The toddler who will get a scolding from her mum/dad and even be reduced to tears, but will never ever think of loving her parents any less

Acts of pure love aren’t always celebrated by large crowds or captured by a photographer. The heroes and heroines of everyday life don’t see their names on billboards. Society doesn’t know them or acknowledge them. Whether we know it or not, we respect them because they don’t ask whether their sacrifices are logical or financially rewarding. Their actions answer the one question our souls ask us daily,

“Have you loved truly?

P.S. (Maybe we’re not supposed to know what Love looks like so that we don’t restrict it to just one form.So that we don’t express it in just one way. Maybe we’re supposed to stop worrying about the definition and immerse ourselves in finding ways to live it)

http://jamiat.org.za/what-does-love-look-like-to-you/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by thundabot(f): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2016
READ THE JOY OF MOTHERHOOD Novel by Buchi Emecheta AND THANK ME LATER.

VISIT http://loadedhub.com TODAY

5 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Mrsphono: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
I actually see love as a good thing one should involve in
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by mofy1(f): 10:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Love!!!
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by mesheikh(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2016
love is a waste of time, energy and resources.... dont fall in luv, if u fall u're gonna get hurt real bad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by dearsly(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2016
Love is 4 kids

2 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2016
I sincerely feel that, with love comes hurt. Whether its love between mother and her children or between spouses, it makes a person sensitive and vulnerable to getting hurt.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by lolademariam: 10:38am On Aug 19, 2016
I so much blv in love but I got hurt if any thing happened 2 my LOVE

2 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by fbtowner(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2016
Love looks like Shiit to me

I think it's not too cool for this declaration before posting here I just feel it's not cool maybe someone can give a good reason for it

jumah Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by sherif4owo(m): 11:19am On Aug 19, 2016
Love = the unimaginable feeling! = [size=5pt]stupidity[/size] = actions without reason

the unimaginable feeling!... I don't even know what that is suppose to mean unfortunately! Although, I wish I do.
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Christane: 11:21am On Aug 19, 2016
i imagine love as sex,kiss and romance to me ...cus dat what you actually think about wen in love with someone

1 Like

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Jezzu(m): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2016
Quite interesting... I see love as a blessing above all,that e all wish for. Love from our family,friends and all of that. Love is looking over,valueing and expressing. Love is a beautiful thing. Iz gud 2 fall in love!

1 Like

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by skup008(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pain angry

3 Likes

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by muhamad158(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sorry oooo, abeg What is LOVE
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by dmltoyin(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Love is like an ugly old witch
Run from it or its goon harm u
The only love u can reciprocate is the love of family. U can get hurt too Buh they are still ur blood
Buh FALLING in love wd someone else, ur down on the ground man.

Family love
God's love
And personal love (some people don't even love themselves)
Are the only true love

Strictly from my own point of view

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
My heart is a hard one lipsrsealed
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Love? Doesn't exist in my own world. It brings nothing but painful emotions. In fact, it sank with titanic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
TyHadebimpe:
Love? Doesn't exist in my own world. It brings nothing but painful emotions. In fact, it sank with titanic

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Sissie(f): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
LOL, the negativity on this thread thou. smiley
Re: What Does Love Look Like To You? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
Love is What i see when i look at you.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Condemn Sheikh Bello Yabo For Incitement Of Extra-judicial Killing? / How Do A Muslim Leave Life In Islamic Ways And Enjoy Life In Nigeria / Muslims: Can You Clear These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.