Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,877 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:46 AM

"Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? (25617 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by teebillz: 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
DEllaluv:
Not yet married but talking about divorce..... odikwa wurious, wrong choice of words.....be like you never ready to marry, cos going into marriage with such a mindset...hmm

Cute you. Me like me some.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Lumig: 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
I remembered when I was still young, my mum would always say the wrong thing about her MIL. Now my wife is always threatened with her presence and utter rubbish and look for any mistake she does but can't say it in her presence. MY CONCLUSION IS "WOMEN GENERALLY ARE THEIR OWN ENEMIES" From generation to generation they keep on lamenting about the MIL, later the daughter in law... On and on like that. They are such a difficult beings to comprehend

4 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by crowntoro(f): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
E don tey wey me don dey talk am say na few pple sabi how to communicate. OP, you communicated your message wrongly and I pity the lady (wife to be or already Wife). You could have communicated your message in a loving way.

6 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
A very immature and emotional speech.

Those of us who have been in the game for years understand better.

No wife deliberately sets out to abuse or disrespect their would - be mother in laws. In most cases it's our mothers that prompted our wives to act in a manner we would describe as being disrespectful.

My mother respects my wife and vice versa.

If my wife disrespect my wife without any provocation, which is very unlikely, I'll give her a federal warning. I'll never divorce my wife because she disrespected my mother.

If my mother disrespect my wife, my wife will tell me and I'll trash it out with my mother. I'll never divorce my wife because of such issues. But that's ME.

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by nathdim: 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
As for me the only person I trust in these life and in the next life is my mum
So no woman no matter how beautiful she is would ever try to downgrade her not even my siblings can try it
So if she likes she better dance to the tune of her music or she leaves

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by idu1(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Back to OP. Your choice of words are too poor. Is she a disrespectful person and you think she would disrespect your mum? Don't understand why you would say that.
I would not be smiling if I was told such. So immature
why you come dey take this matter personal na
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
'..or I divorce you' is that a threat or what? You sound like you re doing her a favour by being married to her. . .
Unless you actually are lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Boeing777pilot: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.

Mummy's boy.

8 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by diva90: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
But if your mum disrespect your wife, what will happen? undecided
Your choice of words is very wrong. There are other ways to have said it instead of threatening with divorce.
Secondly I don't think it's okay to verbally and indirectly make it known to your wife that your mother is more important than her.
You can think it but never say it in any form

7 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ring7(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Women self,you love the pikin but you don't love the mother, Karma is a bitch...sit down and relax
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by neocortex: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
flyca:
OP, if she is your girlfriend, I will be surprised that woman is still with you. You made it sound like she has a trophy being married to you.
Hia!

Threat go full that house o.
Serve me dinner at 8 or I divorce you.
Greet me every morning or I divorce you.
Satisfy me in bed everyday or I divorce you.

Sweet marriage cheesy

Don't be surprised, we have seen girlfriends not wife
who are being punched daily and still stuck to their "man".

pek:
Op, from someone old enough to be your father, I say grow up. You don't have a right to go threatening people unnecessarily; especially your future partner. If eventually you get married to her, she will live in constant fear. I won't want that for my daughter and I don't think any man will.

I actually respect the OP for saying his mind, because the fiancee now
have a choice to risk it or move on.

There are those who don't say anything before marriage but unleash venom on their
partner once "they cross the line. At least the girlfriend now knows the type of
man she is dating.

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by neocortex: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
diva90:
But if your mum disrespect your wife, what will happen? undecided
Your choice of words is very wrong. There are other ways to have said it instead of threatening with divorce.
Secondly I don't think it's okay to verbally and indirectly make it known to your wife that your mother is more important that her.
You can think it but never say it in any form

She is not yet a wife.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by diva90: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
neocortex:

She is not yet a wife.

Oh so u never marry and you don dey talk divorce .. Ok oo!

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
How most people finds it hard to understand that things like respect, trust, love etc are earned and reciprocal do amuses me.

8 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by neocortex: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Jobia:
'..or I divorce you' is that a threat or what? You sound like you re doing her a favour by being married to her. . .
Unless you actually are lipsrsealed

Of course he is

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by AfroKnight: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02, you were not wrong in warning her. Such a warning would not arise if you didn't suspect that your fiancée could actually disrespect your mother one day.

If she needs to be threatened before she can respect the mother of her husband then you must be careful about marrying her. I have met seemingly lovely ladies who have no qualms insulting elders. Yet those ladies are quick to feel slighted at the barest shade.

All these uncultured ladies calling you mama's boy and telling you to grow up are the very ones who would fight their daughters-in-law if she made the slightest wrong move. Don't give your attention to such hypocrites.

You know your mother and you know your babe. If you are sure your babe is capable of shading your mother and you cannot condone it, kindly give the girl red card before you find yourself having to choose between your wife and your mother. There are good women out there who don't and won't disrespect their mothers-in-law. My brother married one. I will marry one such woman also.

A disrespectful wife is not an asset to anybody.

6 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Sphinx02(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
nathdim:
As for me the only person I trust in these life and in the next life is my mum
So no woman no matter how beautiful she is would ever try to downgrade her not even my siblings can try it
So if she likes she better dance to the tune of her music or she leaves
bless u bro..u spoke my mind.

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by abimic(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
baddestchic:
you went too far ooooo..... there are other ways to talk to your partner than putting her on hot seat.... your mum just comes and goes... your wife is your family Now too.
Mum can't be compared to wife nah, one can only have one mother but not the case for wife, so I disprove your word, mum comes and goes. Anybody CAn be a wife not anybody can be your mother. It takes a petulant wife to insult her mother in law. If they don't stay close, she visits let's say maximum of ten in a year and doesn't stay more than two weeks, where then would the insults come from? If she insults at her back, i wouldn't pick offense as if she had done it in her presence for if she did it in her presence and it looks, sounds slightly rude, she would surely pay dearly for it, very DEARLY, she would go to wherever mama is and apologize till she's satisfied and forgiven. If that's not cautioned, who knows if I would be the one to be disrespected next and belittled in a house where one should be the head, but divorce, almost impossible!!!!!except she's not ready to be submissive!

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Sphinx02(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
neocortex:

Don't be surprised, we have seen girlfriends not wife
who are being punched daily and still stuck to their "man".

I actually respect the OP for saying his mind, because the fiancee now
have a choice to risk it or move on.

There are those who don't say anything before marriage but unleash venom on their
partner once "they cross the line. At least the girlfriend now knows the type of
man she is dating.
Simple!! there shld no ambiguities b4 marriage. better 2 mk your feelings clear.

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by iaminspired: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Your choice of words z too harsh and immature

Is it your mun you married? ?

This indicates that you will take your mother's instruction at the expense of your wife's joy

Grow up.

You have indirectly said your mum can control your
home
Normally a good wife will not disrespect her in laws but the way I read meaning to your post suggests that you won't take her advice over your mum

Oga wake up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by sheddy03: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.
not harsh my brother. I wonder why a wife will feel her husbands mum would be a threat to her marital livelihood.
my mama has vowed she will not come to my house again because of the disrespect she receives from my wife whenever she comes around, my mama rarely comes to my house. but, my wives siblings are very welcome. they can stay for as long as they want, one has been living with us for the past 3 years. clothing and schooling on me. but my mama is not welcome in my house.
OP, I will do your style. "disrespect my mama and I will divorce you"

4 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
neocortex:

Of course he is
well you can't be sure until he says it himself. Or are u related to him
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Ditala(m): 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
The private part that one cannot endured to see even in the night talk less of day time,will never be equivalent to my dear & beloved mother.Pls supply her with a beautiful divorce b4 u came to regret.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by sheddy03: 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
abimic:

Mum can't be compared to wife nah, one can only have one mother but not the case for wife, so I disprove your word, mum comes and goes. Anybody CAn be a wife not anybody can be your mother. It takes a petulant wife to insult her mother in law. If they don't stay close, she visits let's say maximum of ten in a year and doesn't stay more than two weeks, where then would the insults come from? If she insults at her back, i wouldn't pick offense as if she had done it in her presence for if she did it in her presence and it looks, sounds slightly rude, she would surely pay dearly for it, very DEARLY, she would go to wherever mama is and apologize till she's satisfied and forgiven. If that's not cautioned, who knows if I would be the one to be disrespected next and belittled in a house where one should be the head, but divorce, almost impossible!!!!!except she's not ready to be submissive!
making lots of senses here. but generally, wives are selfish. they welcome their siblings and family and chase away the husbands family.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Sphinx02(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
AfroKnight:
Sphinx02, you were not wrong in warning her. Such a warning would not arise if you didn't suspect that your fiancée could actually disrespect your mother one day.

If she needs to be threatened before she can respect the mother of her husband then you must be careful about marrying her. I have met seemingly lovely ladies who have no qualms insulting elders. Yet those ladies are quick to feel slighted at the barest shade.

All these uncultured ladies calling you mama's boy and telling you to grow up are the very ones who would fight their daughters-in-law if she made the slightest wrong move. Don't give your attention to such hypocrites.

You know your mother and you know your babe. If you are sure your babe is capable of shading your mother and you cannot condone it, kindly give the girl red card before you find yourself having to choose between your wife and your mother. There are good women out there who don't and won't disrespect their mothers-in-law. My brother married one. I will marry one such woman also.

A disrespectful wife is not an asset to anybody.
You're d best bro. 2 many funny ladies out there

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Rheetaa(f): 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
Nectarbaba:
Its your relationship. You set the rulez

And she's the fowl you bought from the market, abi? Two become one in marriage and the mantle's for real men, dear.

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
abimic:

i just feel there are better ways of settling issues other than fighting....see ehn some mother in laws have wahala. im not in support of insulting her i just feel there should be a way to settle it where by everyone hugs and goes away. abi is it hard for you to talk to them separately hear everyones side of the story and find a solution. if your mum is at fault yes she will still apologize, if shes at fault she still has to apologize but its you that will know how to talk to her

theres never a flame without fire abi is that now how they say it, i dont think anyone can just be rude to anyone unless the persons upbringing is faulty

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by anataala: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
no shaking we are on the same page
Sphinx02:

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by shehuolayinka(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
Correct guy. I support this.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Campaign after election! Y avnt u done dat already?

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Rheetaa(f): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Op you re even caring, mine isn't an option, I don't even need to say it out, my face alone in such situation would speak louder than using my mouth.

Disrespect me, I send you to exile to Uganda,
Disrespect my mom, I send you, your family, your past and your future to exile to somalia. This goes to any lady or "future wife".

Interesting. Enter marriage with this mindset? No need. You've already got your mother, why mess up another woman's life who came to build her home with you as your mom did hers with HER husband? Let go of your mother's apron strings, boy.

11 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by mamawin(f): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sphinx02:

Trust my mum 100%
you are very funny. why? una dey quarell before? whatever happened to 'I will love you both to be friends, I will like you to treat her like your own mum, etc? na wah o. as if she dey beg you to marry her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts / A Woman Has My Dad Under Control / Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.