Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

"Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? (25742 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by passyhansome(m): 5:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Who you dey ask?. Then after divorce go and live with your Mum simple.

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by excellentmomma(f): 5:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Victorakats:
They say that when a child talks, you will know his age. Your message was insensitive, suppressive and intimidating for a lady who will spend the rest of her life with you.
She will accommodate your penis and your personality.
She will put her life on the line for your generation unborn.
And she will sacrifice her life to serve you and the best way to introduce your mother to her is by giving her orders that if she disrespects your mother, you will divorce her.
What happens if your mother abuses her?
How do you hope to protect her from the vicious abuse of some of your family members who doesn't like her for all the good reasons?
How do you hope to provide enabling environment to make sure that there's no room for disrespect?
Obviously you need to work on your perception of marriage and wife so that you will enjoy your marriage.
In conclusion, you don't even respect your partner, you need to learn how to communicate with your partner. You failed this!
Thanks!
www.amaraofficial.com

God bless you
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by excellentmomma(f): 5:53am On Aug 20, 2016
flyca:
OP, if she is your girlfriend, I will be surprised that woman is still with you. You made it sound like she has a trophy being married to you.
Hia!

Threat go full that house o.
Serve me dinner at 8 or I divorce you.
Greet me every morning or I divorce you.
Make the bed or I divorce you.

Sweet marriage cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Real trophy o

I guess he is Queen Elizabeth's grand son. Even those ones respect their wives and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Creamish(f): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.

I also hope u told ur mum to try to get along with her cos some mother-in-laws can be a pain in the azz.

Secondly, I hope if ur wife reports to u any misunderstanding she might have wit ur mum, u are ready to give an unbiased response/resolution?

Thirdly, if u observe ur mum being harsh to ur wife, be ready to stand by ur wife.

4 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Gassa007: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2016
daretodiffer:
What is so special about your mum? You guys act like you folks always respect your mother in laws tooundecided

I hope you also told your mama the same thing because your wife deserve respect as much as she does. In fact every human being deserve respect-:\
Sometimes the way you talk is something else,you just want to be noticed maybe cos of your moniker.You just open your mouth"What's so special about your mum".Just negodu....

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Dexema(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

That will work for those who desire peace. But am I the only person who has experienced people who just fight you for the heck of it? undecided
Hahaha! This man is just spitting reality, you look at some ladies (and guys) and can't just fathom the reason behind their squabbles with others. I hope my wife and mother get on well or at least just respect each other and keep a safe distance. I no wan die young.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by murmee: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2016
Joavid:

it's either you're a mama's boy or you think she's going to disrespect your mum.

whichever it is, it's best you don't get married until you find a lady you won't threaten with such statements and grow up to be a man.

He is really a mama's boy and I pity any girl that marries such a 'boy' because he is sounding as if he doing the girl a favour by wanting to marry her. Absolute rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Nectarbaba(m): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Rheetaa:
[color=#770077][/color]

And she's the fowl you bought from the market, abi? Two become one in marriage and the mantle's for real men, dear.
and who is calling anybody a fowl here?
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 7:49am On Aug 20, 2016
Maybe I want to be noticed, maybe I am not so dvmb to expect others to revere my mum the way I do hence the reason why she must respect others if she wants them to respect her and vice versa

You should thank me for making you think instead of following others with their blind sentimentssmiley

cc koldkash

Gassa007:

Sometimes the way you talk is something else,you just want to be noticed maybe cos of your moniker.You just open your mouth"What's so special about your mum".Just negodu....

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Maybe I want to be noticed, maybe I am not so dvmb to expect others to revere my mum the way I do hence the reason why she must respect others if she wants them to respect her and vice versa

You should thank me for making you think instead of following others with their blind sentimentssmiley

cc koldkash

All in all,it boils down to you.if you hold your mum at a low esteem you don't expect others to do any better.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Bla bla bla

Do you know what my mum has done to make me what I am today? You think say na only you your mama dey sacrifice for? Dont think because your mother had to sell pure water and my mum didn't makes her sacrifice greater than my mum's. My mother is special to me just as yours is special to you. My siblings are the only ones who can rule on that not YOU!

Therefore no one should come and expect me to laugh while his mother terrorises me on top say she sacrificed for her son. No woman in her right sense should disrespect her mother in law unless she is mad.
However if mother in law cannot respect herself and husband cannot handle his own mother, they should brace themselves for whatever comes to them. That aside, it would take a woman who doesnt respect her son to attack his wife. Such men should blame themselves rather than the women in their livesundecided

KoldKash:

Never say it in any form for fear of what?

You don't know what some mothers have been through to raise their children.all mothers are not the same,some mothers are super-they paid a very steep price to raise the husband you marry.and no sensible son will give away her mother to be insulted and scorned just to prove he loves his wife-because that's what some wives yearn for-to turn a child away from the mother.until that is achieved,they don't feel loved or cherished.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
If I hold my mum in high or low esteem, and she goes out and disrespect others including my hubby. Na here I go sit down dey watch. My relationship with her is my relationship with her. She is mother and no one else's!. If at all, she is LIKE a mother to others like my husband And LIKE a mother does not make her his mother!

Quit being sentimental. Your mother is your mother and not mine! And she can never be my mother! It is a fact you don't need emotions to understand it!

KoldKash:

All in all,it boils down to you.if you hold your mum at a low esteem you don't expect others to do any better.

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by DonaTee(f): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm ... Women find it hard to get along with their mothers-in-law ... Why ?

Ur mother was once a daughter-in-law.
what about the other way round?........most mother in-laws find it hard to get along with deir sons wife

They spew shit dat deir own kids/daughters cant tolerate. Some even try encroach on ur space dictating how u vook meals in ur own house. Don't generalise d issue

@Sphinx02 mummy's headgear. Why do u tink ur woman will disrespect ur mum? In wat context? If ur mum treats her like her own daughter how on earth will she disrespect?
Respect begets respect.
Even u shld also respect ur girls pple. One sided threats n judgment wont do u good. U may end up hurting d girl's self esteem n confidence because of ur insecurities.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2016
What will you do your siblings if they disrespected THEIR mother? The least you could do is to talk to them and if they don't stop, you disown them . You can't beat them up lest you end up in court for assault.

You seem to forget that she does belong to you and your siblings NOT just you.tongue

You guys will be making mouth thereundecided

nathdim:
As for me the only person I trust in these life and in the next life is my mum
So no woman no matter how beautiful she is would ever try to downgrade her not even my siblings can try it
So if she likes she better dance to the tune of her music or she leaves

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:16am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Bla bla bla

Do you know what my mum have done to make me what I am today? You think say na only you your mama dey sacrifice for? Also, because your mother had to sell pure mother and my mum doesn't, do not make your mother greater than mine. My mother is special to me just as yours is special to you. My siblings are the o my ones who can rule on that not YOU!

Therefore no one should come and expect me to laugh while his mother terrorises me on top say she sacrificed for her son. No woman in her right sense should disrespect her mother in law unless she is mad.
However if mother in law cannot respect herself and husband cannot handle his own mother, they should brace themselves for whatever comes to them. That aside, it would take a woman who doesnt respect her son to attack his wife. Such men should blame themselves rather than the women in their livesundecided

The way some guys talk ehn, you would think na only them their mothers matter to or suffered for. The wives fell from heaven to come and be everyone's toy, they can treat anyhow . And yeah, you must be always cool headed and the perfect robot.

A normal wife would respect the MIL but making such stu. pid statements cos of what? If I were the guy's fiancee I would seriously reconsider my stand on the relationship.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by nkechiben(f): 8:16am On Aug 20, 2016
See! if u dis respect my mum, I'll divorce u is really too harsh. But it's not bad u let her know dat bc most women are very very funny with their mother in-law. But see the best way to communicate it it by action, let her see it for herself that u, ur brothers and sisters does not joke with ur mum and she doesn't have any choice than to respect her. But ur mum should not also take a place of ur wife in life o! thanks.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
If I hold my mum in high esteem, and she goes out and disrespect others including my hubby. Na here I go sit down dey watch. My relationship with her is my relationship with her. She is mother and no one else's!. If at all, she is LIKE a mother to others like my husband for example. And LIKE a mother does not make a mother!

Quit being sentimental. Your mother is your mother and not mine! And she can never be my mother! It is a fact you don't need emotions to understand it!

You simply don't get it. I am not standing on the zenith of Mount everest and beckoning on the world to respect my mother because she is my mother,no. My case is that the one woman who desires to become a part of me must respect who I respect.my wife and children are to be a unit of my brother family,not a separate entity altogether like a lone wolf. And I can tell a woman who is a separatist in less than 6months.

And if you can't see your hubby's mum as your own mum then,you can't accord her the respect fit for a mother.

Saying your mother is a mother and nothing else speaks volume as touching how you relate with your own mother.so with that epiphany,it's easy to understand why you can care less who treats her how and why another person's mother might be of ltitle or no value to you.

For some of us though,we have come a long way with the old woman and we forever feel indebted to them.

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Don't mind them, instead of them to be ashamed that the women in their lives cannot pretend to get on with each other. They are here chatting shit. If you think your wife doesn't deserve to be respected, you better marry your own mother. You won't be the first to do thattongue

HaneefahRN:

The way some guys talk ehn, you would think na only them their mothers matter to or suffered for. The wives fell from heaven to come and be everyone's toy, they can treat anyhow . And yeah, you must be always cool headed and the perfect robot.

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:31am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Don't mind them, instead of them to be ashamed that the women in their lives cannot pretend to get on with each other. They are here chatting shit. If you think your wife doesn't deserve to be respected, you better marry your own mother. You won't be the first to do thattongue

Lolz. Abi o. Yeye.
It's immaturity, this OP for example will most likely not be able to keep a balance in his home. They are the ones that will be using their own hands to attract disorder in the home then start trying to pin the blame on the scape goat of the family, the wife.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by dopedealer(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2016
gsley:
Na mouth u they make, if she say she no they do now u go go carry all yr family come beg her,

Are you telling us that is what you will do? Lol
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
If I hold my mum in high or low esteem, and she goes out and disrespect others including my hubby. Na here I go sit down dey watch. My relationship with her is my relationship with her. She is mother and no one else's!. If at all, she is LIKE a mother to others like my husband And LIKE a mother does not make her his mother!

You simply don't get it. I am not standing on the zenith of Mount everest and beckoning on the world to respect my mother because she is my mother,no. My case is that the one woman who desires to become a part of me must respect who I respect.my wife and children are to be a unit of my broader family,not a separate entity altogether like a lone wolf. And I can tell a woman who is a separatist in less than 6months.

And if you can't see your hubby's mum as your own mum then,you can't accord her the respect fit for a mother.

Saying your mother is a mother and nothing else speaks volume as touching how you relate with your own mother.so with that epiphany,it's easy to understand why you can care less who treats her how and why another person's mother might be of ltitle or no value to you.

For some of us though,we have come a long way with the old woman and we forever feel indebted to them.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Sentiments againundecided

She is my mother! I don't need to explain to you how wonderful she has been to you or anyone else because she is my mother not yours!!! Stop trying to bring how I treat my mother into question, this is not about me. It is about the lack of that relationship between my mum and others. I cannot and will not force others to treat my mother AS THEIR rmother. That relationship does not extend to anyone else except my siblings. The joys of motherhood etc flows from I to her and vice versa. No one is obligated to treat her as their mother except my siblings. If at all you will treat her LIKE she is your mother but she can never be your mother .

My husband mother is like a mother to me, she can never be my mother. There are things my mum will do that I will just get angry or react to and she will understand or she would react to and we will understand whatever comes out of it because of that special relationship BETWEEN US. If it were mother in law, she may never forgive and forget and I may never forget and forgive too. I will always see her as like my mother. It would require more effort to treat her LIKE I would treat my mother, in fact I can't I treat her like I would treat my mother in some if not most cases because she wouldn't understand, may read meaning to it and may cause more wahala sef.

Think like a human being and not with sentimentsundecided. Your mother is forever your mother and she can never be mine. Don't force her on anyone Bikoundecided

[quote author=KoldKash post=48640261][/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2016
It is the wife, she is the only person that has a lot to lose na so she must act like a robot
HaneefahRN:

Lolz. Abi o. Yeye.
It's immaturity, this OP for example will most likely not be able to keep a balance in his home. They are the ones that will be using their own hands to attract disorder in the home then start trying to pin the blame on the scape goat of the family, the wife.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by HaneefahRN(f): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
It is the wife, she is the only person that has a lot to lose na so she must act like a robot

Mttchew. I don't know why women gush so much about marrying a typical African man.
I'm certainly not seeing it in the rosy colours. I pray I get someone that thinks like a sane and considerate human.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Sentiments againundecided

She is my mother! I don't need to explain to you how wonderful she has been to you or anyone else because she is my mother not yours!!! Stop trying to bring how I treat my mother into question, this is not about me. It is about the lack of that relationship between my mum and others. I cannot and will not force others to treat my mother AS THEIR rmother. That relationship does not extend to anyone else except my siblings. The joys of motherhood etc flows from I to her and vice versa. No one is obligated to treat her as their mother except my siblings. If at all you will treat her LIKE she is your mother but she can never be your mother .

My husband mother is like a mother to me, she can never be my mother. There are things my mum will do that I will just angry or react to and she will understand or she woumd react to and we will understand because if that special relationship BETWEEN US. If it were mother in law, she may never forgive and forget and I may never forget and forgive too. I will always see her as like my mither. It would require more effort to treat her LIKE I would treat my mother, in fact I can't I treat her like I would treat my mother insime if not most cases because she wouldn't understand and will read meaning to it.

Think like a human being and not with sentimentsundecided. Your mother is forever your mother and she can never be mine. Don't force her on anyone Bikoundecided

You may never get this.and it's okay for you since you are a woman.but for me,my mother remains an integral part of me(and no one or nothing can ever change that) and must be so admitted by any woman who is serious about us sharing our lives with each other.and there is no other way to deal with this because at the first sign of discomfort around my mother I am on my way out of your life-and that peacefully. It's not sentiment,it's a lifestyle. I hate separatist's.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2016
What does common sense have to do with being a womanundecided. For me no one or anything can remove my mum from my life except death of course. She is why I am here today. She is the reason I thank God everyday. A man who is serious about me will respect my mum and I also expect my mum to respect a man I intend to live with for the rest of my life. Any sign of discomfort from either of them will get the culprit a serious reprimandundecided.

I hope your mum does not show sign of discomfort towards your wife. What will you do if your wife reacts?Throwout her out of your life regardless?undecided Your mother is not human she can do no wrong to anyone. It is your wife that will act first and even if she doesn't, she must endure and act like a robot because she is not human and if she does, she must be a separatist.

KoldKash:

You may never get this.and it's okay for you since you are a woman.but for me,my mother remains an integral part of me(and no one or nothing can ever change that) and must be so admitted by any woman who is serious about us sharing our lives with each other.and there is no other way to deal with this because at the first sign of discomfort around my mother I am on my way out of your life-and that peacefully. It's not sentiment,it's a lifestyle. I hate separatist's.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2016
What does common sense have to do with being a womanundecided. For me no one or anything can remove my mum from my life except death of course. She is why I am here today. She is the reason I thank God everyday. A man who is serious about me will respect my mum and I also expect my mum to respect a man I intend to live with for the rest of my life. Any sign of discomfort from either of them will get the culprit a serious reprimandundecided.

Your mother is not human she can do no wrong to anyone. It is your wife that will act first and even if she doesn't, she must endure and act like a robot because she is not human and if she does, she must be a separatist. I hope your mum does not show sign of discomfort towards your wife. What will you do if your wife reacts?Throwout her out of your life regardless?undecided

KoldKash:

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by queenesthr(f): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2016
How well do you respect her own mother? I hope she is also free to divorce you when you disrespect her mother?
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by LyfeJennings(m): 9:48am On Aug 20, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.

Wa gbayi
God will punish U with blessings
Guy, I love U die
Na the same thing I go tell anyone I want to marry
Direspect my parents and we divorce
Nothing would change my mind on that
Those are the people that built the man I am today
They never gave up on me even when I gave up on myself.

2 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by nathdim: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
What will you do your siblings if they disrespected THEIR mother? The least you could do is to talk to them and if they don't stop, you disown them . You can't beat them up lest you end up in court for assault.

You seem to forget that she does belong to you and your siblings NOT just you.tongue

You guys will be making mouth thereundecided

yeah she doesn't belong to me
I would treat her with dignity and love
I don't mind even if she insults me
But my mom a big NO
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by AnusOdourInhaler: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Disrespect my mother and the marriage is over! Mama's boy and proud
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ImaMmakara(f): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2016
I tot u we're even married, I pray she doesn't make the mistake of marrying you. what nonsense, foolish men always giving unnecessary order, put urself in her shoes how will it feel if the person u want to spend the rest of your life with gives such order. Do you think you are the only one that loves your mum, she also loves hers too but will never allow that to come between the two of you. I Pray she doesn't marry you............................ you are not worth the stress.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Family Planning, No Sex / Missing Boy On Front Page Found(pic) / How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.