Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

"Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? (25734 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by wizflower(f): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.
Was that how your father divorced your mother or did you think your mum never disrespected your fathers mum. Well, get ready cos your sis will come back home very soon if she's married for disrespecting her MIL. Some men re just chicken

5 Likes

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Gassa007: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Maybe I want to be noticed, maybe I am not so dvmb to expect others to revere my mum the way I do hence the reason why she must respect others if she wants them to respect her and vice versa

You should thank me for making you think instead of following others with their blind sentimentssmiley

cc koldkash

Not in the mood.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by forevermine: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2016
okesgift:
for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wife and the two shall become one flesh(ephesians 5:31) the same bible went futher to say in (mark 10:9) what God has joined together let no man put assunder!!! if ur mother is bigger than God then go ahead to divorce ur wive becos of ur mother... and prove to God that u love ur mother more than him who created u becos the bible says if u love me u wod keep my commandment and God says i hate divorce (malachi 2:16) but its obvious ur mother is bigger than God and remember God doesnt share his glory with anybody so stop all this ranting abt divorcing ur wife cos of ur mother.... and follow the word of God

On point! It takes a real man and some level of maturity to really understand these godly instructions. Every marriage should be modeled after that which God intended, so whenever any confusion arises, resort to the Word of God. That should be the STANDARD!
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Konnektions146(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Joavid:

your lady? cos last I checked, you can only divorce your wife.

I doubt you're married.

I call my wife "my lady", the word "wife" makes me feel as if she old (my opinion)
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by kellygrin(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
i support u bros......nice quote
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

I've seen some unfriendly mother in laws. An aunt of mine told her son to get rid of his wife for flimsy reasons and the fool did, despite the fact that they had a small kid.

According to psychologists, mothers feel like they are losing their sons when they get married. Many react by fighting the wife.

Daughter in laws can be evil too. But this one has taken one side so he'll never belive his wife's side of the story.

GOD bless you really good.
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
mclaaro:
Things you hear when kids get married. Unnecessary talks comes up undecided

Please tell me about it.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
charlesucheh:
What if your Mum uses that advantage to frustrate her life!!!! WOBI!!! You Never Jam!!! Shebi na only you like your mama KWANTINU!

Coming from a guy? Cooooooooooooooooooool!
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
Victorakats:
They say that when a child talks, you will know his age. Your message was insensitive, suppressive and intimidating for a lady who will spend the rest of her life with you.
She will accommodate your penis and your personality.
She will put her life on the line for your generation unborn.
And she will sacrifice her life to serve you and the best way to introduce your mother to her is by giving her orders that if she disrespects your mother, you will divorce her.
What happens if your mother abuses her?
How do you hope to protect her from the vicious abuse of some of your family members who doesn't like her for all the good reasons?
How do you hope to provide enabling environment to make sure that there's no room for disrespect?
Obviously you need to work on your perception of marriage and wife so that you will enjoy your marriage.
In conclusion, you don't even respect your partner, you need to learn how to communicate with your partner. You failed this!
Thanks!
www.amaraofficial.com

GOD bless you so much sir.
I salute your insightful and wise counsel.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by creepsyme(f): 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sphinx02:
I recently told my lady this but she felt it wz harsh.Is it? Anyways d mssg has been received loud and clear.
thats if ur mum is not nasty to her daughter inlaw... there are lots of yeye mums who cant stand sharing their sons with their so called daughter inlaws.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by creepsyme(f): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sphinx02:

Trust my mum 100%
I hope u r not operating under her spell? how old are u?
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by nathskib(f): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Op you are not been harsh. For you to say this to her you might have found something amiss with her. It might be her actions or words.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
And what happened to, "And the man shall leave his mother and father and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"
Una neva marry, u don dey give this kin order undecided
Hia!!!!!!!! There are many ways to make a point, that statement sounds bossy. I hope u are not a wife beater sad
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
nathskib:
Op you are not been harsh. For you to say this to her you might have found something amiss with her. It might be her actions or words.
And what if there is nothing wrong with her
What if his mum is Mama G undecided
He could as well pass the msg but not with such choice of words..... Haba!!!
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Victorakats:
They say that when a child talks, you will know his age. Your message was insensitive, suppressive and intimidating for a lady who will spend the rest of her life with you.
She will accommodate your penis and your personality.
She will put her life on the line for your generation unborn.
And she will sacrifice her life to serve you and the best way to introduce your mother to her is by giving her orders that if she disrespects your mother, you will divorce her.
What happens if your mother abuses her?
How do you hope to protect her from the vicious abuse of some of your family members who doesn't like her for all the good reasons?
How do you hope to provide enabling environment to make sure that there's no room for disrespect?
Obviously you need to work on your perception of marriage and wife so that you will enjoy your marriage.
In conclusion, you don't even respect your partner, you need to learn how to communicate with your partner. You failed this!
Thanks!
www.amaraofficial.com
God bless you!!! If u are single, I pray u find the best life partner.
Imagine the op conditioning the young lady..... Chai
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
Then you should not have quoted me
Gassa007:

Not in the mood.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by doveda: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Shut up! You are just not a good liar
nathdim:
yeah she doesn't belong to me
I would treat her with dignity and love
I don't mind even if she insults me
But my mom a big NO
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Goldenhoney: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
uare marryimg to baby husband. he only grows in age bit not matured. look b\4 u leap
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
What does common sense have to do with being a womanundecided. For me no one or anything can remove my mum from my life except death of course. She is why I am here today. She is the reason I thank God everyday. A man who is serious about me will respect my mum and I also expect my mum to respect a man I intend to live with for the rest of my life. Any sign of discomfort from either of them will get the culprit a serious reprimandundecided.

Your mother is not human she can do no wrong to anyone. It is your wife that will act first and even if she doesn't, she must endure and act like a robot because she is not human and if she does, she must be a separatist. I hope your mum does not show sign of discomfort towards your wife. What will you do if your wife reacts?Throwout her out of your life regardless?undecided

This thing is pretty simple.between my mother and my wife, you expect my mother to be older and that means the younger should respect the older and not dare stand toe to toe with her.my mum and I disagree on some matters but that doesn't pave way for me to talk back angrily at her(at most I keep mute and explain things later to her when she calms down).so since I don't talk back at my mother my wife has no biznez attempting it.

Even if she used to talk back at her mother (it's not my biznez,maybe that's how her mum raised her.for me I was raised to respect elders and I can't seize the opportunity to talk back at her mother because she does so).As such,I can't have her import that attitude to my home.

On my mother's part,I have watched closely the way she relates with my brother in-law.she gives him his respect even though he screws up badly at times.so,if I marry a good wife she will not pose any problem.

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Queenoma:
And what happened to, "And the man shall leave his mother and father and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"
Una neva marry, u don dey give this kin order undecided
Hia!!!!!!!! There are many ways to make a point, that statement sounds bossy. I hope u are not a wife beater sad

And the two shall become one flesh with license to disrespect the elders?
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
creepsyme:
I hope u r not operating under her spell? how old are u?

Why a spell?
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
forevermine:

On point! It takes a real man and some level of maturity to really understand these godly instructions. Every marriage should be modeled after that which God intended, so whenever any confusion arises, resort to the Word of God. That should be the STANDARD!

Scriptures are a little bit misquoted here.how about "children honour your father and your mother" not remembered probably. If the man was abusing his wife physically or cheating will you say the Lord hates divorce.

What happens to the scripture that says wives should submit to their husbands in all things,no body has read that yet,I guess.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
And for all the women here who are anti mother in-law,don't stress.what goes around comes around, and that's for sure. Meaning,if Christ tarries to come you too will someday be a mother in-law and what you served will be served you.Jezebels.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by nathdim: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
doveda:
Shut up! You are just not a good liar
i think you women are the bigger liars if tomorrow things go bad for me the only person am 100 percent sure of being by my side is my mum
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by vikyno(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
canDy4eva:
R u married?
Not yet.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
KoldKash:

And the two shall become one flesh with license to disrespect the elders?
my last paragraph has answered ur question.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
KoldKash:

Scriptures are a little bit misquoted here.how about "children honour your father and your mother" not remembered probably. If the man was abusing his wife physically or cheating will you say the Lord hates divorce.

What happens to the scripture that says wives should submit to their husbands in all things,no body has read that yet,I guess.
And where does the scripture permit husbands to threaten their wives with divorce even when she has done nothing wrong. No matter ur argument, I strongly oppose the op's choice of words..... Haba!!! angry

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by creepsyme(f): 9:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
KoldKash:

Why a spell?
ooohh u have not heard? it happens...
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2016
Queenoma:

And where does the scripture permit husbands to threaten their wives with divorce even when she has done nothing wrong. No matter ur argument, I strongly oppose the op's choice of words..... Haba!!! angry

It's not a threat.it's a disciplinary line drawn to keep her in check.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by KoldKash(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2016
creepsyme:
ooohh u have not heard? it happens...

Not in this case,apparently.
Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Queenoma(f): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
KoldKash:

It's not a threat.it's a disciplinary line drawn to keep her in check.
Keep baptising evil angry

1 Like

Re: "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? by Mafio: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sphinx02:
Smh
Your mother is not God.
Even we human disrespect God.
So ur spouse should always be doing "yes mama , " ohk mama" even if she is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best City To Raise A Family In Nigeria / Black Snake In My WC / No Family Planning, No Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.