Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire (32844 Views)

FUNAAB Student Union Set To Repair Camp-funaab Road / SOS Letter To The VC, University Of Ibadan By Distance Learning Students / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by damilareoye: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
And later the whole school students will pay for damages

Rioting sometimes is plain Stupidi.ty
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Bussietos(m): 8:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
You guys are getting it all wrong d protest strted @ accord estate along alabata road infact it was peaceful dean and lecturers met us there our voice was eared and a resolution was made dat d school will be shut down for 7 days. After d conclusion a report got to us that policemen ve been causing scene @ camp route which aggravate the student de strted d gun shot first pls tell me what is abisoye taiwo is been treated for? I just wish u guys are there to see things for yourself. Infact student arrested were arrested in the hostels that is close to the main road. I was reading the headline news and I cannot just believe the lies reported. Verysoon nw dey will strt looking for ways to arrest pple saying the truth on social media. Anyway one of the culprit that was caught shud give us clue on locating the remaining ones. I repeat Unaab student are not hoodlums. The VC is the chief security officers in the school and the school environs. So tell me what is now the relevance of the school I'd card smh the way we reason and attend to issues
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by lollmaolol(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
martineinstein:
future leaders,indeed....just look at d kind of youth nigeria is breeding....smh

is/are there any difference(s) btw these people andd boko haram/avengers?

Not knowing the worth of Gold is useless to some youths, no matter what happened, I'm strongly against destruction of the church properties.

He should be personally dealth with in line with the rule of law, not the destruction path.

As a matter of fact, the "repair cost" of the church in one way or the other will be coughed out by both the protestant and non protestant students.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by neocortex: 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sirwallace:
Yeye dey smell.
They should continue their stupid aluta spirit and prolong their stay in school. A situation where employers are looking for 25years old graduate with 10years experience. Instead of them to resort to dialogue and continue with their already obsolete academic curriculum calendar, they are busy rioting. Them go old for school.

As a final year student, my colleague in Lautech did election, two parties claimed victory in the said election which led to destruction of school properties.
School get locked up for weeks, ASUU went on strike, its been 2months and still counting. our graduation is no longer feasible this year.

Just food for thought to those who think rioting is the best solution to any problems confronting students and school management. Just know at the end of the day, you and I are the victims.

My two cents.

Without sacrifice no meaningful progress can be made.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by MosesNG(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

because it belongs to d VC who failed to provide us with adequate security .
is the school security meant for those on campus your security too? I can't suppose you want the VC to provide security for those living off campus. Tell your landlord or estate agent to get you your security. It's not the VC's job so don't get it twisted.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Kobicove(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
What manner of students are they rearing in that school?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by wristbangle: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Bros, never knew you graduated from funaab shocked

Bros, never knew you graduated from funaab

Yeah am a product of funaab dear? Are u still a student there?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Realdeals:

Whether you reported the incident to the school management or not, the victim is dead or not you guys will still pay dearly for this act. You guys have gone beyond the boundary. No amount of excuse or justification can save you guys. I was a victim of the 2004 riot as my admission was defer to 2005 because a whole session was lost, I see similar things playing out here.

Brother chill, looks like you are related to Oyewole... na joke I dey o
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by 44smart: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
igraman:

And now has it solved the issue in any way? am not against protesting for your right but its supposed to be done peacefully not violently. Anyway, the student will see suffer it by staying some weeks if not month @home and still come back to pay for damages.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:
Lies lies!!! The Nigerian police force can lie ehn... #savefunaab
hey princess.. please stay out of trouble for me.okay?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
hey princess.. please stay out of trouble for me.okay?

Lol, thanks egbon.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by DVMtuppence(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Lol, thanks egbon.
Bae, are u still in sch
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
wristbangle:

Yeah am a product of funaab dear? Are u still a student there?
yes
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by DVMtuppence(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Lol, thanks egbon.
Bae, are u still in school
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

yes
you are in your finals eh? thank God for bringing you dis far
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by foxvilles: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
They go pay reparation fee tire......Let them continue
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by arsenic33(m): 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
make the students just dey prepare for surcharge.......
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by wristbangle: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

yes

Which dept?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Ayoolajumoke(f): 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
DVMtuppence:

Bae, are u still in school

Yes, I'm still in school.

wristbangle:

Which dept?

Business administration

WindUpMerchant:
you are in your finals eh? thank God for bringing you dis far

No, semi final

wristbangle:

Which dept?

Business administration
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by DVMtuppence(m): 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Yes, I'm still in school.
Nice 2 meet a colleague on NL

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
No, semi final

[/quote] alright dear. do make we come chop convocation rice oh!
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Realdeals(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Brother chill, looks like you are related to Oyewole... na joke I dey o

Do I need to be related to Oyewole before saying the truth, well I was once a FUNAABITE. Satisfied?
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
SIMPLIFIED:
By the way don't tell me they were protesting for robbery in an off campus hostel, University cannot provide security outside the campus which they have little or no control over. Students are robbed daily in BDPA, Ekosodin and Osasogie in Uniben but the school will always tell you they don't have any business with hostels that are not owned by the institution

funaab doesn't have enough bed space for all the student
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Akinaukwa: 10:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC
my comrade, i align with your struggle for justice but condemn in strong terms burning and destruction of property of innocent citizens in the name of protest. The invasion of a church or mosque is an act of sacrilege which is highly condemnable. Things were really taken too far. Let us fear God.
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by RedArrow: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Let me quickly analyze the aftermath of this protest.

The arrested students would be granted bail

A newspaper publication with about 100 names of students to face special panel on a set date would be made available in @ least 3 dailies

The almost 100 names would have a mixture of those they want to punish and the management boys and girls (smokescreen)

After the special panel, another list of those they really want to punish would be published... These time, they would be asked to come and face student disciplinary committee.

The verdict would follow, rustication and the likes.

What can you do?

This a struggle for freedom... An injury to one is an injury to all?
1. Stay together... The management would attempt to break your bond.
2.Strategize... Get in touch with the SUG lawyers...NBA, Labour Unions
3. Seek support from Student Union of neighbouring schools through NANS zone D
4. Call your alumni especially those who have once been through this road.. Wole Aluta, Fasasi,L&K,Tosino,Dare etc the heroes of September 30th 2004 struggle for freedom
5. You will need your connection...use them well, get the Ooni of Ife involve, Get the Awujale of Ijebu, The Alake of Egba land, the Governor of Ogun state and king of boys...OBJ involve.

Finally, hold a press conference probably in Lagos.

....Talking from experience

wizzypro06:
OPEN LETTER TO FUNAABITES

If you are a funaabite and you care about this school, you would please read this through.
The protest that escalated into Riot yesterday sent signals that we all should take note of, As much as I am happy that we finally stood up for something am afraid It might be the last time such would happen, because of the intimidation we are going to face. But we shouldn't be discouraged, it should rather spur us to stand up and against injustice, some of us made daring sacrifices yesterday, it was reported that 34 students were arrested, one of us was shot at by the police which they vehemently denied, through their spokesperson on channelsTV report yesterday, Taiwo isn't dead "and we are seriously praying for his recovery" but he made a daring sacrifice for us all. He took a bullet for us and we shouldn't let this heroic act just pass. While all these happened some of us cowardly sat in our hostels with our phone and updated ourselves as it all went down. To the brave hearts that came out "THANK YOU", to the creative minds that wrote and tweeted "THANK YOU"
Nobody, particularly none of us would have thought We could muster enough courage to take to the streets. We have always been regarded as Advanced Secondary School students, but something changed yesterday. Yesterday was the day I had imagined but never thought was going to manifest. The Nigerian Police Force under whosoever's authority might have succeeded in chasing us off the street by firing bullets at us ​(which by the way, the Police were never supposed to come to a protest or riot with guns talk less of firing at students)​ But the STRUGGLE CONTINUES and every one, to the very last one of us should be involved in this STRUGGLE,
Now that we are off the streets let' s pick our PENS and write, let's pick our PHONES and tweet, let our voices be heard. There is an advantage we have, we have the number, over 15,000 students in this school. Question needs to be asked
The Police yesterday claimed on CHANNELS TV, they didn't shoot at anybody. Then they should then explain what poor Taiwo is doing in UCH where he is been treated for gunshot wound. They arrested 34 students that are going to definitely be tortured like criminals because they protested, should we allow these Sacrfices by these students just pass by. Lets not forget that if this set of useless Policemen have done their job, none of this would have happened, we probably won't be at this point. They have succeeded in making us VICT IMS and made themselves VILLIANS
Like I said earlier we are going to be intimidated and if we are not careful they would break us to the point where we won't be able to raise our heads anymore. Now more than ever we need to stand in ONE VOICE. Mark my words the School is going to make an attempt to expell those 34 students arrested by the police, but TOGETHER we are going to refuse that, The school might attempt to suspend the SUG and with ONE VOICE we are going to refuse that.
It is time to let them know we have a SAY in the affairs of the school. If the have always had their way controlling the SUG officials, they can't control all of us. And we all have a part to play in this, start by spreading the word. Make sure every Funaabite you are in contact with reads this. "ALUTA CONTINUA" and VICTORY is cetatin.
*Copied*
Kindly Re_BC
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by wristbangle: 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:

Business administration

Okay. All the best

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by engrfemi(m): 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ayoolajumoke:
Lies lies!!! The Nigerian police force can lie ehn... #savefunaab
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by dpfaces(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
DPFaces is a platform for all Nigerian Students, to make friends, share ideas, dreams and have fun....

Just check it out and see what U have missed..
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by johnjones243: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
martineinstein:
are u supporting dis barbaric act?......
guy you need to get ur brain checked. if it was ur brother they hacked in the head or relative that was raped will you stand idle. mtcheew.. isi ewu
Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by phililp(m): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
lipsrsealed
igraman:

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 20, 2016
THE FULL GIST
It all started as a peaceful protest with the students needing the management to provide them with security agents to save life and properties for students staying off campus because a hostel (Adejoke hostel) was robbed overnight with a student axed down.The protest later turned into a riot after a police shot a student at the eye @ a very close range..this instigated the riot with students from Osiele and touts around joining the Riot...everybody present then tot the guy really died,this alone made the students go haywire and they all marched towards the VC church(divine height) with them destroying vehicles and burning some,the church really suffered because it was seriously damaged with the window glasses broken and the doors spoilt.
They later marched back to the camp centre (school roundabout).. and on passing through dambold somebody said "look at them looking at us and they can't give us fuel or help matters" that's when the students diverted to dambold filling station and damaged everything in sight ranging from breaking the pump glass to chasing the attendants out to them breaking the transparent freezer "con see how people dey take free soft drinks /pure waters"
Still on the matter when the students sighted the police vans coming "wow,wow,wow" ,the students really stood their ground @ first daring the police to come and with some already setting fire on anything burnable just to serve as a blockage..it was really a tense moment because nobody was allowed to take any pictures..
THE police van was coming slowly because of the blockages on the roads but you can see them fully aimed,when the police got to O2C and they found out that students are still standing their ground they fired the first teargas "POAH"!! they fired it @02C it landed at dambold.." PUAFff", chisos! Who go wait! Na today we sabi say corners dey camp,guys ran without looking back..but the policemen really didn't stop the firing because they were firing continuously into the parts students ran into(one landed at my side while running) this got people running far inner and everybody just entering into any open door(even if na babaalawo house)

1 Like

Re: Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire by Walelavender(m): 5:31am On Aug 20, 2016
Crude and dumb way to protest. These so called leaders of tomorrow aren't different from the the leaders of today. Whatever happened to taking your protest, with pla cards to notable media outlets who will make genuine and reasonable news from the quagmire.
Violence breeds violence. No one should come and shout Aluta Continua here. That protest was immature and ludicrous. Destroying properties was not the solution. Infact you will end up paying through your nose and stupidly make your parents who are *jejely* in their house, start looking for additional damages payment to your tuition.
Iskanchi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Extends JAMB Result Validity To 3 Years / Top Ten Oldest Universities In Africa / FG Reportedly Fails To Honour Pact With ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.