Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! (36975 Views)

Why Glo Recent Slash In Data Bundle Should Excite You / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / It’s Data Wars In Nigeria And Airtel Is Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Politicalidiot: 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Politicalidiot: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
my GPS just came on again (4th in 2 minutes) angry ..
No looking back..

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Politicalidiot: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
Meganewday:

Exactly! I keep the glo line and etisalat bcus, when I'm in my hometown, glo network is like wow! But Etisalat is like Mtchew, but when I'm in school its the opposite, but Airtel and MtN is Like Wooow!

since this nightmare, MTN will be bae for long. At least its reliable (most times for now).

15 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by TyrantInAsoRock: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
I did 2500 I barely use half of the sub

This is the exact problems the Op listed that m facing
Thanks to airtel and etisalat
Speed over GBs
Quality over quantity
Reporting from owode Ede in Osun state

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
Useless network

The damn thing keeps disconnecting even with the 2 signal bars on my fone

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by rufans(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Politicalidiot:
Today after almost a week of testing, I have finally gotten tired of Glo. Now, it is necessary to note at this junction that I am a heavy user of all the networks - MTN (2 Sims), Airtel (2 Sims), Etisalat (1 sim) and Glo (1 recent sim). Like everyone within the past 2 months, I had been inundated with the recent Glo data offers (#1000 for a Bazillion gb). So exactly on monday this week, I decided to take the bite and try out Glo again (after an almost 3yr hiatus).
Its been 4days now, and even though I hardly write, I had to sit down and pen these cogent reasons on why Glo will be the loser of the data Wars.

1. Super Poor Network Connection: Yes. As everyone knows, Glo and poor network are 5 & 6 and its only someone working in Glo office that will tell you otherwise. Get used to super slow network the likes you probably haven't seen since the late 2000s. I could wager my money that even the Airtel 2g is faster that Glo 3g at times. Proof? A simple Google or Nairaland search will convince you (check the post date.)

2. Frequent Disconnection: During my few days of Data hell, it was as if Glo owned my phone. What with the frequent data disconnections and network vanishing at intervals. I had never experienced such sorcery prior to Glo. This may have been the end of my sorrows until....

3. GPS: Remember when I said it was as if Glo owned my phone? Yea right. They had to one up themselves didn't they? Any time I put on my data connection, so would My GPS be unceremoniously turned on. I suspected foul play on Glo 's part and a simple Google search brought me to this page on NL - https://www.nairaland.com/2899604/gps-keeps-turning-automatically-after/1 confirming my suspicion. Glo was the culprit!!! Did anyone inform Glo I played Pokemon Go? Wetin person dey use GPS do for naija? I tire.

Glo seriously just had to know where I was. . Even if you turn it off, within a minute it was back again. And God help you if you sleep off without putting off your data. Just kiss your fully charged battery Goodbye. Especially in this era that Nepa doesn't have joy

This was the last straw. I couldn't take it again (I probably will until my subscription expires Sunday. So, yes. I posted this with Glo). A bad User experience coupled with poor network? Glo is silently but surely heading for the data Gallows.

GLO is amazing here

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Valto(m): 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
glo is the best network in my area. if glo is not good in your area, change network grin btw, if i am judge all networks as u are doing (according to my area) glo is the best, while Etisalat and airtel is the worst. Glo is winning the data war, according to NCC statistics tongue

141 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by chicoMX(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Glo na network?? :/

11 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Rozaystunna(m): 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
My brother I experience all these things especially the GPS and the network dissaperance angry sad

7 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by onoerime: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Glo all the way. No best network. It all pends on your location

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by kiddie(m): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Politicalidiot:

glo won't and can't automatically turn on your gps check your phone especially if it's rooted

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
onoerime:
Glo all the way. No best network. It all pends on your location

MTN worst in my area.

In order of Best connection in my area:

Airtel
Etisalat
Glo
Mtn

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by iliyande(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
kiddie:

glo won't and can't automatically turn on your gps check your phone especially if it's rooted

It's not true sir. All the sim cards I am using, it is only Glo that automatically turn on my GPS, please do your research very well before you defend Glo.

I'm not with glo on this

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Politicalidiot: 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
kiddie:

Is it ur phone? Did you bother to check the referenced thread? Are you having the problem? Have you done a simple Google search? I am using Airtel right now and no B.S like that is happening. ITK

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Glo almost made me use my phone to stone the wall out of fustration, the network is only good for browsing from midnight till early hours of the morning but during the day its a crinkum crankum of a network. Why brag about being giants of data when it's more of quantity than quality. Threw my sim card in the dustbin I don't deal with Bleep boys (glo), good riddance to bad rubbish.

37 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by mumumugu(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
etisalat 4 lyf

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by donhils: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
My only problem with Glo is that it doesn't open my mostly used app Flashscore. Still looking for how to make it work. Apart from that, Glo is zzzzz in my area.

4 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ayindejimmy(m): 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
It all depends on ur location. At Isheri,Fagbile Estate here I am currently browsing thru a Glo sim hotspot. And I am also downloading apps with it

5 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by kennykendo(m): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2016
Politicalidiot:

I experienced all but d GPS thing...last nyt I nearly flung my infinix note 2 on d wall cos of Glo... I wonder if Michael Adenuga makes use of this network at all to browse

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by flowjoe: 12:20am On Aug 20, 2016
everybody wants to throw his/her phone on the wall grin pls op dont try it oo u'll start wailing in this era cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Sphilip1(m): 2:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Speaking as a blogger, I discovered that the Glo network speed is rotated geographically, cos right now i am using the Glo 6gb for N2,000. At first when i subscribed, network connection was not bad. Although some friends complained of not having good network, mine was okay. Now its the other way around. Networks so bad that most times when i wake up even at night. I can't update!!

At First, Glo Embarrassed Other Network Providers By Releasing The Cheapest Data Plan Ever: http://www.techkibay.com/2016/06/glo-cheapest-data-plan.html

11 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by SuperSuave(m): 4:22am On Aug 20, 2016
Mtn is the best if you've the money here
Airtel is second fastest
Etisalat 3G is always popping up instead of H+ sometimes
Glo-do not have a glo sim and not planning to buy one with the reviews I'm seeing

7 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by acenazt: 5:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Haaaaa glo network yeye die? Snail go do 400m race finish glo neva load page.

9 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by acenazt: 5:37am On Aug 20, 2016
SuperSuave:
Mtn is the best if you've the money here
Airtel is second fastest
Etisalat 3G is always popping up instead of H+ sometimes
Glo-do not have a glo sim and not planning to buy one with the reviews I'm seeing
rubbish
Mtn
Etisalat
Airtel
Snail
Glo

17 Likes

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Even over my location, glos speed is really poor, we called and told glo and they said "noted" but the speed remained that way,even with the gbs they offer, i will still use other network data plans, thank God airtel joined the war and they are already winning,i only attempted this glo psiphon cheat of recent and am tired of how it poorly connects,even mtn 2g on psiphon is more stable and better

1 Like

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 6:27am On Aug 20, 2016
They lost a long time ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:28am On Aug 20, 2016
Yes, network can be bad atimes but Glo has already won the battle you speak of

Glo Is goin to continue winning becos they add alitle bit xtra like if I subscribe for 1400 I get addition 2800 for calls so y would I leave that for any other smelly network

Ask Empty N and oda network providers, they are losing so bad

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by Marksule(m): 6:29am On Aug 20, 2016
Yea true
Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by ajibola4sure(m): 6:31am On Aug 20, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:
I did 2500 I barely use half of the sub

This is the exact problems the Op listed that m facing

Thanks to airtel and etisalat

Speed over GBs

Quality over quantity

Reporting from owode Ede in Osun state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by joey150(m): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Glo is just...
Oh mehn, i need an adjective here...
The network just sucks.
Same as ntel.. Nigeria would just never get anything right.

Glo was supposed to be the best,seeing as they started out in naija.. But they are more interested in signing big celebrities to market their crap!

Once i notice you use glo or internet explorer i swear I'll never take you serious! grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! by shyling(f): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2016
All na wash...if you don't give 2MBs speed download on 3G it's still rubbish.... MTN has the capacity for it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Places People Charge Their Phone / Lastest Selfie Stick In Town....pix / Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.