Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? (8436 Views)

I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
In the book of Matthew, chapter 2, mixed into the Christmas story, the Bible describes an amazing massacre of thousands of babies: And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof from two years old and under, ...
Think about the thousands of families who were affected by this massacre. The Bible describes their suffering: they wept and could not be comforted. Of course they could not be comforted. If you are a parent, you know exactly how distraught you would feel if an agent of the government came to your door one morning and slaughtered your children..
Why did God do this? Despite Being all-knowing, God knew that this would happen. In fact, according to the Bible, God acted on his knowledge. But why would God take the time to reach down to earth and save his own child, and then allow all of these thousands of other innocent children to die? If God is love, where is the love in that? How could a loving God willfully allow such massive suffering without taking action?
Think about how easy it would have been for God to prevent all of this suffering:
[b](1) God could have appeared to Herod in a dream and told him not to kill these children.
(2)God could have killed Herod.
(3)God could have guided the wise men so that Herod would not have felt mocked by them.
(4)God could have protected the babies.
(5)God could have spoken to the murdering soldiers and turned them away from the task.
(6)God could have sent all of these families to Egypt when he sent Jesus and his family there.
(7)God could have made it so that no male children besides Jesus were born during that time.
(coolGod could have changed history so that Herod was not king. It is easy to come up with thousands of solutions, yet God did nothing. God, by sending his son to earth, was the direct cause of this massacre. And God, as an all-powerful and all-knowing being, knew that it would happen and had the power to prevent it. In fact, God did take direct action to save Jesus. Instead of saving the thousands of other children, however, God stood by and watched as they were slaughtered.[/b]
It is interesting to note that this is not the only place in the Bible where God causes thousands of children to die.
In the book of Exodus chapter 12 verse 28, God writes about one of his early massacres: So the people of Israel did just as the LORD had commanded through Moses and Aaron. And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died.
Here the death of the children is directly at the hand of God.
In Isaiah chapter 13, God paints this word picture: Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes . Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. What a lovely image.

In Jeremiah chapter 49, verse 20, God paints a similar picture: Therefore hear the plan which the LORD has made against Edom and the purposes which he has formed against the inhabitants of Teman: Even the little ones of the flock shall be dragged away; surely their fold shall be appalled at their fate. At the sound of their fall the earth shall tremble; the sound of their cry shall be heard at the Red Sea.
In Hosea chapter 13, God paints a similar picture: Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open
. In Numbers chapter 31, God paints a similar picture: Moses said to them, "Have you let all the women live? Behold, these caused the people of Israel, by the counsel of Balaam, to act treacherously against the LORD in the matter of Pe'or, and so the plague came among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Here Moses, acting as an agent of God, specifies that thousands of male babies and children be killed, as well as thousands of women. The Bible states in verse 35 that the captured women numbered "thirty-two thousand persons in all, women who had not known man by lying with him. " This was not a small attack. Tens of thousands men, women and children were massacred.
In Deuteronomy Chapter 3 we find this: Next we turned and went up along the road toward Bashan, and Og king of Bashan with his whole army marched out to meet us in battle at Edrei. The LORD said to me, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you with his whole army and his land. Do to him what you did to Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon." So the LORD our God also gave into our hands Og king of Bashan and all his army. We struck them down, leaving no survivors. At that time we took all his cities. There was not one of the sixty cities that we did not take from them—the whole region of Argob, Og's kingdom in Bashan. All these cities were fortified with high walls and with gates and bars, and there were also a great many unwalled villages. We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children. But all the livestock and the plunder from their cities we carried off for ourselves...
They massacred all the men, women and children in 60 cities at God's request.
Most Christians have never read the Bible.Should we, as human beings living in the modern world, be worshipping a God like this? Doesn't it feel odd to find all of this material in the Bible? Especially the quote from Moses in Numbers 31. You may recall that the sixth commandment is, "Thou shalt not kill." What does God have against children? Why would an all-loving, all-knowing being act in this way?

There are more of such verses in the bible..

What we are seeing here is not a loving God, but instead a demonic executioner working at a massive scale. Why would anyone worship this appalling monster?

cc: naijadeyhia 4everGod felixomor
image123 anas09 analice107 winner01 oubenji kingebukasblog malvisguy212 promise10 kevoh hahn 4kings hardmirror

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by dallyemmy: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Satan kills not God!
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
dallyemmy:
Satan kills not God!
check up these bible verses in ur bible.. Thank u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by analice107: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
In the book of Matthew, chapter 2, mixed into the Christmas story, the Bible describes an amazing massacre of thousands of babies: And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof from two years old and under, ...
Think about the thousands of families who were affected by this massacre. The Bible describes their suffering: they wept and could not be comforted. Of course they could not be comforted. If you are a parent, you know exactly how distraught you would feel if an agent of the government came to your door one morning and slaughtered your children..
Why did God do this? Despite Being all-knowing, God knew that this would happen. In fact, according to the Bible, God acted on his knowledge. But why would God take the time to reach down to earth and save his own child, and then allow all of these thousands of other innocent children to die? If God is love, where is the love in that? How could a loving God willfully allow such massive suffering without taking action?
Think about how easy it would have been for God to prevent all of this suffering:
[b](1) God could have appeared to Herod in a dream and told him not to kill these children.
(2)God could have killed Herod.
(3)God could have guided the wise men so that Herod would not have felt mocked by them.
(4)God could have protected the babies.
(5)God could have spoken to the murdering soldiers and turned them away from the task.
(6)God could have sent all of these families to Egypt when he sent Jesus and his family there.
(7)God could have made it so that no male children besides Jesus were born during that time.
(coolGod could have changed history so that Herod was not king. It is easy to come up with thousands of solutions, yet God did nothing. God, by sending his son to earth, was the direct cause of this massacre. And God, as an all-powerful and all-knowing being, knew that it would happen and had the power to prevent it. In fact, God did take direct action to save Jesus. Instead of saving the thousands of other children, however, God stood by and watched as they were slaughtered.[/b]
It is interesting to note that this is not the only place in the Bible where God causes thousands of children to die.
In the book of Exodus chapter 12 verse 28, God writes about one of his early massacres: So the people of Israel did just as the LORD had commanded through Moses and Aaron. And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died.
Here the death of the children is directly at the hand of God.
In Isaiah chapter 13, God paints this word picture: Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes . Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. What a lovely image.

In Jeremiah chapter 49, verse 20, God paints a similar picture: Therefore hear the plan which the LORD has made against Edom and the purposes which he has formed against the inhabitants of Teman: Even the little ones of the flock shall be dragged away; surely their fold shall be appalled at their fate. At the sound of their fall the earth shall tremble; the sound of their cry shall be heard at the Red Sea.
In Hosea chapter 13, God paints a similar picture: Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open
. In Numbers chapter 31, God paints a similar picture: Moses said to them, "Have you let all the women live? Behold, these caused the people of Israel, by the counsel of Balaam, to act treacherously against the LORD in the matter of Pe'or, and so the plague came among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Here Moses, acting as an agent of God, specifies that thousands of male babies and children be killed, as well as thousands of women. The Bible states in verse 35 that the captured women numbered "thirty-two thousand persons in all, women who had not known man by lying with him. " This was not a small attack. Tens of thousands men, women and children were massacred.
In Deuteronomy Chapter 3 we find this: Next we turned and went up along the road toward Bashan, and Og king of Bashan with his whole army marched out to meet us in battle at Edrei. The LORD said to me, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you with his whole army and his land. Do to him what you did to Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon." So the LORD our God also gave into our hands Og king of Bashan and all his army. We struck them down, leaving no survivors. At that time we took all his cities. There was not one of the sixty cities that we did not take from them—the whole region of Argob, Og's kingdom in Bashan. All these cities were fortified with high walls and with gates and bars, and there were also a great many unwalled villages. We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children. But all the livestock and the plunder from their cities we carried off for ourselves...
They massacred all the men, women and children in 60 cities at God's request.
Most Christians have never read the Bible.Should we, as human beings living in the modern world, be worshipping a God like this? Doesn't it feel odd to find all of this material in the Bible? Especially the quote from Moses in Numbers 31. You may recall that the sixth commandment is, "Thou shalt not kill." What does God have against children? Why would an all-loving, all-knowing being act in this way?

There are more of such verses in the bible..

What we are seeing here is not a loving God, but instead a demonic executioner working at a massive scale. Why would anyone worship this appalling monster?

cc: naijadeyhia 4everGod felixomor
image123 anas09 analice107 winner01 oubenji kingebukasblog malvisguy212 promise10 kevoh hahn 4kings hardmirror
Didn't read sorry.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by Ranchhoddas: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
You dey find trouble abi?
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by malvisguy212: 11:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
raphieMontella:

check up these bible verses in ur bible..
Thank u
Why do you like to copy and paste trash ? The verse you quote, did it say God command the soldier to kill the children ? Was it not harod who gave the command ? God who does not exist kill little children. This Nigeria atheists are something else. Satan will be very happy.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by EyeHateGod: 1:29am On Aug 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
Why do you like to copy and paste trash ? The verse you quote, did it say God command the soldier to kill the children ? Was it not harod who gave the command ? God who does not exist kill little children. This Nigeria atheists are something else. Satan will be very happy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by mcemmy0z: 6:41am On Aug 20, 2016
Don't base your assumption on one side, both Christian and Muslim religious has cause much death compare to any other in the world.
Although, it seems Christian has minimize their won, but the other one still continue till tomorrow, fighting for God they don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by hahn(m): 7:41am On Aug 20, 2016
analice107:

Didn't read sorry.

I think say na only me grin
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:00am On Aug 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
bro...calm down nd read those places in ur bible...i didnt copy and paste...i gave reasonable ways god cud have saved the thousands of children herod killed bt did ntin..
The other verses we have ur god giving the order for kids to be killed....
That a country called zambuaz does nt exist doesnt prohibit me from commenting on it...
Common satan has been ur all powerful god's problem for thousands of years and more...
Is god afraid of satan? Or wah?

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2016
analice107:
Didn't read sorry.
better read..cs i didnt create the bible ur god did
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You dey find trouble abi?
lol...i only speak the truth o.. U sef reason am nau
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
mcemmy0z:
Don't base your assumption on one side, both Christian and Muslim religious has cause much death compare to any other in the world.
Although, it seems Christian has minimize their won, but the other one still continue till tomorrow, fighting for God they don't know.
i know...im compiling muslims own..
I dnt only present christians faults...
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by malvisguy212: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

bro...calm down nd read those places in ur bible...i didnt copy and paste...i gave reasonable ways god cud have saved the thousands of children herod killed bt did ntin..
The other verses we have ur god giving the order for kids to be killed....
That a country called zambuaz does nt exist doesnt prohibit me from commenting on it...
Common satan has been ur all powerful god's problem for thousands of years and more...
Is god afraid of satan? Or wah?
moses wife, she is a midinite, do the midintes follow abrahamic covenant of circumcision ? No, do you think moses just woke up one morning and decided to break God law ? In fact, circumcision is Among the sign of God covenant to the israelites. If not his wife, who else ?
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2016
And everyone hates Satan smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
moses wife, she is a midinite, do the midintes follow abrahamic covenant of circumcision ? No, do you think moses just woke up one morning and decided to break God law ? In fact, circumcision is Among the sign of God covenant to the israelites. If not his wife, who else ?
zipporah didnt connect with these verses i brought up...
She saved moses life if im nt mistaken...
Or did the parents or children of those killed by herod break god's circumcision convenant..?
Make me see the direction ure going to

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by CHARLOE(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2016
@op, be kiaful o, don't get god angry n strike u dead! Tho he is love, but if u get him angry, hmmm! Better tank ur god dis is not old testament era, tank god Jesus is in heaven pleading on ur behalf, cooling his temper. I'll b praying 4 u cos I no its d devil dats talking, sorry, typing tru u; father 4give him 4 he knows not wat he does.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by mcemmy0z: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2016
CHARLOE:
@op, be kiaful o, don't get god angry n strike u dead! Tho he is love, but if u get him angry, hmmm! Better tank ur god dis is not old testament era, tank god Jesus is in heaven pleading on ur behalf, cooling his temper. I'll b praying 4 u cos I no its d devil dats talking, sorry, typing tru u; father 4give him 4 he knows not wat he does.

So you think op lied about that right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2016
CHARLOE:

ur god can only get angry and kill anyone he wants..yet common devil has been beating the hell outa him since tthousands of years?
How ?...
I dnt need ur prayers...i do not
pray instead for the thousand of children who die of starvation in this world...
Pray god sends manna from heaven to them..not me...
Pray the syrian war stops...the children being killed there are numerous..
Pray that all cancer shud cease from this earth instantly..
I can go on and on...
U must be selfish if u consider me and urself better than those suffering in this world..
Pray for them..nt me..i do not need ur prayer..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by malvisguy212: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

zipporah didnt connect with these verses i brought up...
She saved moses life if im nt mistaken...
Or did the parents or children of those killed by herod break god's circumcision convenant..?
Make me see the direction ure going to
oh, I am very sorry, I have too many mention, the post was an argument from different thread.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by dallyemmy: 9:53am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

check up these bible verses in ur bible..

Thank u

Read John 10:10
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2016
dallyemmy:

Read John 10:10
read 2kings 2:22-25

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by CHARLOE(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2016
[quote author=raphieMontella post=48642257][/quote]
[/size][size=8pt]
cheesy cool u still dey get mouth abi, OK, me sef don vex; god of elija, holy gooose fireeee!
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2016
CHARLOE:

[/size][size=8pt]
cheesy cool u still dey get mouth abi, OK, me sef don vex; god of elija, holy gooose fireeee!
holy gooose?
I tot t was holy ghost?
Call on him..he will do notin..i promise u...
Maybe he is sleeping or cooking like baal was in the bible

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by CHARLOE(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

holy gooose?
I tot t was holy ghost?
Call on him..he will do notin..i promise u...
Maybe he is sleeping or cooking like baal was in the bible
grin it was Seun n d devils fault, trying to weaken d power of d holy goose (devil I bind u!) Sorry, ghost. Good, am sure u're feeling d heat now! cool
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by raphieMontella: 10:31am On Aug 20, 2016
CHARLOE:

grin it was Seun n d devils fault, trying to weaken d power of d holy goose (devil I bind u!) Sorry, ghost. Good, am sure u're feeling d heat now! cool
lol..which heat?
Scientists go don build air conditioner since for hell fire..u nor trust scientists?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by CHARLOE(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol..which heat?
Scientists go don build air conditioner since for hell fire..u nor trust scientists?
U're lucky, thank god u repented n found ur missing sense of humour, was beginning to think u're a follower of d religion of piss, sorry, peace.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by analice107: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

better read..cs i didnt create the bible
ur god did
Why are so angry? What happened? How did you get to this point? Oh my God, the negative energy is thick. Wow.
God is not responsible for your issues, you are. That bitterness will only give you ulcers. Loosen up.
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by analice107: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

I think say na only me grin
Angry people everywhere
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by hahn(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2016
analice107:

Angry people everywhere

No one is angrier than Jehovah. The slayer of millions of kids grin
Re: Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? by dallyemmy: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2016
raphieMontella:

read 2kings 2:22-25

Read Luke 9: 52 - 56

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Homosexuality Wrong? / I'm Afraid I Will Die And Find Out Christians Or Jews Were Right And Not Muslims / The Expressway Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.