Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture (21203 Views)

Reasons Why Oil Is Not The Problem Of Agriculture In Nigeria / Sterling Bank Emerges Best Bank In Support Of Agriculture / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
Blackkie:
You have the most needed info about agriculture here - storage!
I think Nigeria must have surpassed food sufficiency years ago if there are standard storage infrastructure in the nation.
Nearly all farm produce are in excess during its harvest time and scarce just few weeks later. What is sold as cheap items are actually items that are not stored for the future.

I will predict that the future agro-millionaires may came from storage of farm items. Innovation is another thing we lack.
A cow is sold for about N60,000 up north but here in Lagos it goes for N130,0000.00 Anyone who will device a means of conveying butchered cows from the north to west is in money.

Egg are thrown away now for lack of buyers so also tomatoes, okro et al.

Nice 1, you need to see how tomato sellers throw their tomato away whn nobody buyes, it's painful but I always wonder what we cn do about the situation
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Blackkie: 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Innovation is the only answer.
We need to shift to storage ideas that works in divers dimensions.

dboss444:

Nice 1, you need to see how tomato sellers throw their tomato away whn nobody buyes, it's painful but I always wonder what we cn do about the situation
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 6:44am On Aug 30, 2016
Blackkie:
Innovation is the only answer.
We need to shift to storage ideas that works in divers dimensions.

Do you have innovative ideas on how to store food items apart from the normal method of storage
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2016
dboss444:

I said 19k
Send me your watsapp number so I cn send you pics 2 confirm if it's d spec you are talking about

We communicated.

Seems what you have available as sent is peeled egusi. While I haven't been able to confirm the bag size of the egusi, it sounds way too cheap to be realistic. However, this creates an opportunity for sale in Bwari, Abuja and environs if real as a modu of peeled egusi is N500 in some markets.

You may wish to post a pix of the sack here so we can ascertain the size and make market decision
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2016
dboss444:

Do you have innovative ideas on how to store food items apart from the normal method of storage

There are numerous ways we can improve on storage via the agric produce value chain. For the discerning mind, opportunities abound

Currently, we have very few companies who address tomato wastage by establishing puree centers.

Similarly you have a Dangote trying to address the rice problem in Jigawa.

Our primitive ways of farming also create it's own challenges as harvest cannot be spaced and are seasonal. Wastage occur initially at the point of planting as seed varieties are mismatched with soil texture, leading to poor and substandard grain which can't stand the test of time
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Olayimikami:

We communicated.

Seems what you have available as sent is peeled egusi. While I haven't been able to confirm the bag size of the egusi, it sounds way too cheap to be realistic. However, this creates an opportunity for sale in Bwari, Abuja and environs if real as a modu of peeled egusi is N500 in some markets.

You may wish to post a pix of the sack here so we can ascertain the size and make market decision

The price has gone up to 22,000 but for a modu to be 500 is so so expensive, but there are two types of peeled egusi we have the machine peeled and the hand peeled the hand peeled is more expensive but guy 500 per modu mayb the modu size is quite different.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Bigtree007: 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2016
pls @ olayimikami I want to join u in dis biz hw much can i start with? and pls I need to add u on my whts up as well or better still u add me 07064528232.tnx
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 6:15am On Aug 31, 2016
Bigtree007:
pls @ olayimikami I want to join u in dis biz hw much can i start with? and pls I need to add u on my whts up as well or better still u add me 07064528232.tnx

Will add you up.

Please note that agric storage/hoarding is not a get rich quick scheme as there are risk involved, and if well mitigated and hedged; appreciable profit can be made. The only thing that sets you up for failure is greed when prices move north and you want to over maximize profit.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Olayimikami:

Will add you up.

Please note that agric storage/hoarding is not a get rich quick scheme as there are risk involved, and if well mitigated and hedged; appreciable profit can be made. The only thing that sets you up for failure is greed when prices move north and you want to over maximize profit.

I have sent pictures to your email uploading pics here is an issue. Tell us what you feel, u can upload it here on NL and let's discuss the price disparity.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Presently in my resident LGA in benue there is no okpa (bambara nut) in the market all the people that stored it has finished selling it, wats d state of okpa in your area

Presently in my resident LGA in benue state The price of palm oil is 11,000 for 20 litres, a bottle of oil is 400/450. Unbelievable. While in owerri oil is 8500 for 25 litres

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

What's happening in your area.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Carmal90(m): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
dboss444:
Presently in my resident LGA in benue there is no okpa (bambara nut) in the market all the people that stored it has finished selling it, wats d state of okpa in your area

Presently in my resident LGA in benue state The price of palm oil is 11,000 for 20 litres, a bottle of oil is 400/450. Unbelievable. While in owerri oil is 8500 for 25 litres

A modu of rice is 500

Did u just said 8500 in Owerriwhy not maximize d info if truly is true and supply ur town
Beans-400

Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 1:04am On Sep 04, 2016
dboss444:

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

Bambara nuts is due for October.
Palm oil figures are same here
Modu of rice for N450
Price of beans is same
Location is nasarawa

We discussed and i will take taking my first exploration visit to the market in benue on wednesday courtesy @dboss444
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by stokfrick: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2016
dboss444:

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

Dboss pls I love agriculture biz, kindly add me on watsapp
Here's my number- 08114580779
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2016
Olayimikami:

Bambara nuts is due for October.
Palm oil figures are same here
Modu of rice for N450
Price of beans is same
Location is nasarawa

We discussed and i will take taking my first exploration visit to the market in benue on wednesday courtesy @dboss444

Welcome to benue Food basket of the nation
Bambara nut is scheduled for november-december
If I can also get bambara nut thr by oct for a good price I'll buy from there
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Blackkie: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
I do not.
This is the idea I am working on now - on egg storage

dboss444:

Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Blackkie: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
Do you need palm oil in large quantity?
We have a family palm plantation at Owerri.

dboss444:

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

1 Like

Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2016
Blackkie:

Add me up on watsapp 08034325175
Let's talk
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by toluxa1(m): 8:29am On Sep 07, 2016
Following
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by obrien29(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2016
dboss444:

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

I am interested in this biz, please add my number to your whatsapp 08149776548. Thanks. And please drop your number so that we can discuss.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Danniee(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2016
dboss444:

A modu of rice is 500
Beans-400

I am interested in the biz, kindly add me up on Whatsapp - 08034603228. Thanks
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Danniee(m): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Blackkie:

@Blackkie, pls let char on Whatsapp - 08034603228.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Kamkamdd: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Waw oooo!Quite inspiring!Mehn our ppl in Benue things are cheap there ooo.Benue and Niger states which sells yams cheaper?Also which states do we buy garri at cheaper rates in bags?Tanx!
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by geejayjax: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2016
pls am interested in the price of yam in Benue state presently, and is their availability of logistics to transport it to places like lagos and ibadan

i also want to know if you know how to store yam perfectly, i sent u a mail on ur profile
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by geejayjax: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
pls you can drop your mobile number in my box, so we can discuss better
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by DonX001: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
@ dboss444,
Interesting thread.
Will contact you with the numbers you stated above soon.
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Back home after a gruesome 10 hours drive; having been led on to believe prices of melon (egusi) are cheaper in Ugba than nasarawa. Definitely more expensive though cleaner.

Size 29 bag was offered to us @21k but we declined the offer to buy. Modu sizes are also smaller and peeled egusi sold @N500 for that modu.

Maybe the yam market makes a more viable option. We made a stop over at both the Ugba and Zaki biam market

Lesson learnt: Do not believe all you hear, always do your feasibility study.

For those making assertions as regards figures and sizes, please be factual and objective. Will be lurking around to counter unverified claims

On a good note, at least I met the humbly @dboss444 and we had time to chat though briefly

1 Like

Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 11:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Kamkamdd:
Waw oooo!Quite inspiring!Mehn our ppl in Benue things are cheap there ooo.Benue and Niger states which sells yams cheaper?Also which states do we buy garri at cheaper rates in bags?Tanx!

Benue is definitely cheaper. Niger? Not a popular option. Think Saki in Kwara/Oyo? Or Lokogoma in nasarawa are other alternatives depending on proximity
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Kamkamdd: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Olayimikami:

Benue is definitely cheaper. Niger? Not a popular option. Think Saki in Kwara/Oyo? Or Lokogoma in nasarawa are other alternatives depending on proximity
tanx bro!Sori 4 dat long journey witout getting wat u wanted.Mi destination is port harcout.So whc do u think will be cheaper from d locations u mentioned?
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by Olayimikami: 5:12am On Sep 09, 2016
Kamkamdd:

tanx bro!Sori 4 dat long journey witout getting wat u wanted.Mi destination is port harcout.So whc do u think will be cheaper from d locations u mentioned?

Lokogama in Nasarawa is the closest to you. However, do confirm variety eaten in PH before purchase. Likely "Makakusa" or "Benue 1"

Benue though has the beauty of having more varieties to pick from
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2016
Olayimikami:

Lokogama in Nasarawa is the closest to you. However, do confirm variety eaten in PH before purchase. Likely "Makakusa" or "Benue 1"

Benue though has the beauty of having more varieties to pick from

True
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
obrien29:

I am interested in this biz, please add my number to your whatsapp 08149776548. Thanks. And please drop your number so that we can discuss.

Added
Re: STORAGE/HOARDING Bussiness Of Agriculture by dboss444: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Danniee:

I am interested in the biz, kindly add me up on Whatsapp - 08034603228. Thanks

Added

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Disburses Smaller Naira Notes To Traders To End Scarcity / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Bank Customers, Investors Shun Deposits For Treasury Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.