Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Brain Teaser - Forum Games (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Teaser (71034 Views)

Brain Teaser: Can You Crack The Code? (Photo) / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / Brain Teaser- Question Of The Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Teaser by vivie01(f): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
shervydman:

Lol.....simplest question I've ever seen from u. shocked

HOURGLASS. cool...too much sand(infact, uncountable sand)
cool

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2017
shervydman:

Lol.....simplest question I've ever seen from u. shocked

HOURGLASS. cool...too much sand(infact, uncountable sand)
Correct kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2017
You’re standing in a hallway with three light switches on the wall, each of which turns on a different lamp inside a closed room. You can’t see inside the room, and you can’t open the door except to enter the room. You can enter the room only once, and when you do, all the lamps must be turned off. How can you tell which switch turns on which lamp?
Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2017
annnikky:
You’re standing in a hallway with three light switches on the wall, each of which turns on a different lamp inside a closed room. You can’t see inside the room, and you can’t open the door except to enter the room. You can enter the room only once, and when you do, all the lamps must be turned off. How can you tell which switch turns on which lamp?
u do two things.
firstly, u switch on one of the three switches; leave it for a long time before u switch it off. secondly, u switch on the second and switch it off after a short period of time. u don't switch on the third one at all.
note: u have to switch it off cos all lamps must be switched off before entering the rooms.

when u enter the rooms, touch the lamps. the hot lamp depicts the switch that was left for a long period before being switched off.
the warm lamp depicts the switch that was left for a short time, the cold one depicts the switch that was not on at all.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by femi4: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2017
A handsome man went into a hotel and asked to see the boss. When the boss came, the story began.
-The client: is room 39 empty?
-The boss: yes, sir.
-The client: can I book it?
-The boss: of course you can.
-The client: thank you.
Before going to the room, the client asked the boss to provide him with a black knife, a white thread 39 cm and an orange 73g.
The boss agreed though he was surprized at the weird things the client asked to have.
The client went into his room, he didn't ask for food or anything else.
Unfortunately for the boss, his room was next to room 39.
After midnight, the boss heard strange voices and noise in that client's room. Voices of wild animals and of utensils and dishes being thrown on the floor.
The boss didn't sleep that night. He kept thinking and wondering what might be the source of the noise.
In the morning, when the client handed the keys to the boss, the latter asked to see the room first.
He went to the room and found everything alright. Nothing unusual. He even found the thread, the black knife and the orange on the table.
The client paid the bill and gave the bellboys a very good tip and left the hotel smiling.
The boss was in a shock but he didn't reveal what he heard to the bellboys. In fact, he started to doubt himself.
After one year, the client showed up again. He asked to see the boss again. The boss was in a puzzle.
The client asked the same things: room 39, black knife, white thread 39cm and an orange 79g.
This time, the boss wanted to know the truth by all means possible. He spent a sleepless night, waiting for something to happen. After midnight, the same voices and noises started, this time louder and more indecipherable than the year before.
Again, before leaving, the client paid his bill and left a large tip on the table for the bellboys. The smile didn't leave his face.
The boss started searching for the meaning of everything the client asked to have. Why did he ask room 39? why the white thread? why the black knife In fact, the boss didn't arrive to any convincing answer to all these questions.
The boss now was eagerly waiting for the month of March, the month in which the client showed up.
To his surprise, on the first day of March, the same client showed up. He asked the same questions. Wanted to book the same room, wanted to have the same things as before.
The boss again heard the same noises, this time more louder than before.
In the morning, when the client was leaving the hotel, the boss apologized politely to the client and asked to know the secret behind the noises in the room.
-''If I tell you the secret, do you promise to never reveal it to anyone else?''
-''I promise I will never let anyone know''.
-''Swear''
-''I swear I won't reveal your secret''
So finally, the client revealed his secret to the boss.
Unfortunately, the boss was a sincere person. Until now he hasn't revealed his secret to anyone.
What was his secret?
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2017
shervydman:

u do two things.
firstly, u switch on one of the three switches; leave it for a long time before u switch it off. secondly, u switch on the second and switch it off after a short period of time. u don't switch on the third one at all.
note: u have to switch it off cos all lamps must be switched off before entering the rooms.

when u enter the rooms, touch the lamps. the hot lamp depicts the switch that was left for a long period before being switched off.
the warm lamp depicts the switch that was left for a short time, the cold one depicts the switch that was not on at all.
Correct kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
femi4:
A handsome man went into a hotel and asked to see the boss. When the boss came, the story began.
Before going to the room, the client asked the boss to provide him with a black knife, a white thread 39 cm and an orange 73g.
The boss agreed though he was surprized at the weird things the client asked to have.
After midnight, the boss heard strange voices and noise in that client's room. Voices of wild animals and of utensils and dishes being thrown on the floor.
The boss didn't sleep that night. He kept thinking and wondering what might be the source of the noise.
In the morning, when the client handed the keys to the boss, the latter asked to see the room first.
He went to the room and found everything alright. Nothing unusual. He even found the thread, the black knife and the orange on the table.
The client paid the bill and gave the bellboys a very good tip and left the hotel smiling.
The boss was in a shock but he didn't reveal what he heard to the bellboys. In fact, he started to doubt himself.
After one year, the client showed up again. He asked to see the boss again. The boss was in a puzzle.
The client asked the same things: room 39, black knife, white thread 39cm and an orange 79g.
This time, the boss wanted to know the truth by all means possible. He spent a sleepless night, waiting for something to happen. After midnight, the same voices and noises started, this time louder and more indecipherable than the year before.
Again, before leaving, the client paid his bill and left a large tip on the table for the bellboys. The smile didn't leave his face.
The boss started searching for the meaning of everything the client asked to have. Why did he ask room 39? why the white thread? why the black knife In fact, the boss didn't arrive to any convincing answer to all these questions.
The boss now was eagerly waiting for the month of March, the month in which the client showed up.
To his surprise, on the first day of March, the same client showed up. He asked the same questions. Wanted to book the same room, wanted to have the same things as before.
In the morning, when the client was leaving the hotel, the boss apologized politely to the client and asked to know the secret behind the noises in the room.
-''If I tell you the secret, do you promise to never reveal it to anyone else?''
-''Swear''
Unfortunately, the boss was a sincere person. Until now he hasn't revealed his secret to anyone.
When was his secret?
pls, rephrase the emboldened statement, don't get the question.
Re: Brain Teaser by femi4: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
shervydman:

pls, rephrase the emboldened statement, don't get the question.
modified *What*

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
femi4:
-''Swear''
What was his secret?
since the client didn't drink/suck the orange, I guess he had some foods with him or probably fruits. maybe he used the knife to cut the food/fruit he had with him, he used the orange to send bad odour away undecided.

since the boss heard voices of wild animals and utensils being thrown on the floor, I suspect that the client is watching documentaries(like wild animal ones) and soap operas(dramas foretells that utensils and dishes being thrown on the floor).

39cm thread and the same room is still a mystery to me. i'll think about that later.
Pls, I don't want to scatter my brain jor. Answer ur puzzle by urself. Let's learn from d guru. cheesy
Cc.....femi4
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2017
Femi4 come tell us the sol....
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2017
Secret Santa is a Western
Christmas tradition in which
members of a group or community
are randomly assigned a person to
whom they anonymously give a gift.
The rules for determining who buys
for whom are as follows. All the
participants put their names in a hat.
Each player will draw a name in turn.

If they should draw their own name
they will return it to the hat and draw
another. If the last person to draw
draws their own name the game is
void and everyone starts again.
Otherwise people will not return the
name to the hat and will buy a
present for the person whose name
they have drawn.

Adam, Bob and Carol are to play a
game of Secret Santa. They will
draw in alphabetical order. What are
the odds that Adam buys for Carol?
Re: Brain Teaser by femi4: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
annnikky:
Femi4 come tell us the sol....
The client was watching a movie on his laptop.

That's where the noise was coming from and he needed the thread to sew his cloth and the knife to cut the orange while watching the film but everytime the movie was too interesting, he would cut himself instead of the orange and he won't sew again.
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
femi4:

That's where the noise was coming from and he needed the thread to sew his cloth and the knife to cut the orange while watching the film but everytime the movie was too interesting, he would cut himself instead of the orange and he won't sew again.
Ok cool
Re: Brain Teaser by vivie01(f): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
femi4:

This one is somehow ooohhhh! ...... and he kept repeating same mistake each year? angry undecided
Re: Brain Teaser by vivie01(f): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
annnikky:

Adam, Bob and Carol are to play a
game of Secret Santa. They will
draw in alphabetical order. What are
the odds that Adam buys for Carol?

Probability question I think.
Shervydman's area.
Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2017
vivie01:

Shervydman's area.
grin
Re: Brain Teaser by MrWondah(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2017
Please I need help to solve this. My little niece in primary 3 brought it when I went visiting. I got tired of solving as friends are even finding it difficult. Though I got an answer but still need your helps
11+11=4
22+22=16
33+33=x
44-44=y
Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2017
MrWondah:
Please I need help to solve this. My little niece in primary 3 brought it when I went visiting. I got tired of solving as friends are even finding it difficult. Though I got an answer but still need your helps
11+11=4
22+22=16
33+33=x
44-44=y
Simple!!...it's a kinda quantitative reasoning, I knew the answer immediately I saw d question. Let's go.

11+11=4..... (1+1)*(1+1)=4
22+22=16....(2+2)*(2+2)=16
33+33=??.....(3+3)*(3+3)=36
44-44=??......(4+4)/(4+4)=1. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2017
@annnikky.....come back here o, I've missed d thread, don't know the answer to ur teaser.
Re: Brain Teaser by amakadihot87(f): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2017
annnikky:

Ok... Zoom d pic very well then u might find out wat it is
its aman in spider mans attire
Re: Brain Teaser by amakadihot87(f): 11:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
vivie01:

Shervydman's area.
........is he good in maths
Re: Brain Teaser by amakadihot87(f): 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
femi4:

.............smart guy
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2017
shervydman:
@annnikky.....come back here o, I've missed d thread, don't know the answer to ur teaser.
Ok.. Am bringing the sol soon

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2017
amakadihot87:

its aman in spider mans attire
Wrong.. Try again
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2017
shervydman:

The sol...

Before reading the answer can I
interest you in a clue?
So it looks like the answer is 50/50,
a half. The first move of the game is
A pulling a name out the hat. If he
pulls his own out he puts it back but
other wise he has a 50/50 chance of
picking B or C. So where's the
problem.

We will cover the maths, but in
principle the problem is this. If a
chooses B or C the odds of the game
completing successfully are not the
same. Intuitively from the criteria for
voiding the game ' If the last person
to draw draws their own name the
game is void and everyone starts
again. ' we can guess that this is
more likely to happen if the last
person, C, still has their name in the
hat.
So lets work it out. In the diagram
below we have 3 sections dealing
with A, B and C's picks respectively.
The notation is that 'AB' means A is
buying for B. CA would mean C is
buying for A.

Initially A draws B or C, effectively
with a 50/50 chance as should he
draw his own name he just puts it
back.
If he draws B represented by AB we
are on the left hand side of the
diagram. B can now draw A or C,
(remember B has gone already,)
represented by BA and BC
respectively. If B draws A then on
the path AB→BA then both A & B
have gone leaving C with only C to
pick, the game must be void. If A
draws B the only viable path is
AB→BC→CA

If A draws C represented by AC on
the right hand side of the diagram.
We move to B's turn, as C has
already gone he can only pick A or B
shown as BA or BB. He can not buy
for himself and if he should pick his
own name will return it to the hat.
Effectively he has a 100% chance of
picking A, as in BA. When C picks
only B is left.

We can calculate the probability of
each of the 3 outcomes, only two of
which are valid by multiplying out
the probabilities of each branch:
AB→BA→CC = ¼
AB→BC→CA = ¼
AC→BA→CB = ½

Of the games that are successful, we
can renormalise to say Adam buys
for Carol two thirds of the time.

1 Like

Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2017
Suppose I give you four cards
labelled with the letters A and D and
the numerals 3 and 6. The rule of the
game is that a card with a vowel on
it always has an even number on the
other side.
Which of the cards would you have
to turn over to prove this rule to be
true?
Re: Brain Teaser by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
annnikky:
other side.
true?
The 4 cards are lettered A, B, C and D with corresponding numerals 3, 4, 5 and 6.
A = 3
B = 4
C = 5
D = 6
The rule is that a card with a vowel must have an even number at the other side, so a card with a consonant should have an odd number which is C cool
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
shervydman:

The 4 cards are lettered A, B, C and D with corresponding numerals 3, 4, 5 and 6.
A = 3
B = 4
C = 5
D = 6
The rule is that a card with a vowel must have an even number at the other side, so a card with a consonant should have an odd number which is C cool
Wrong sad
Re: Brain Teaser by femi4: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2017
annnikky:
other side.
true?
For if Vowel then Even condition,

The statement will be false for Vowel then odd

So, card A and card 3 will be turn
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
femi4:
For if Vowel then Even condition,

The statement will be false for Vowel then odd

So, card A and card 3 will be turn
Yeah correct kiss kiss kiss
Re: Brain Teaser by vivie01(f): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
annnikky:

Yeah correct kiss kiss kiss
Annnikky, long time! Happy to see you back. Just to say hi.
Re: Brain Teaser by annnikky(f): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2017
You have 50 red marbles and 50
blue marbles, other wise identical.
You have 2 identical jars. A marble
will be selected at random, from a
jar selected at random. How would
you apportion the marbles so as to
maximise the chances of a red
marble being selected?

Can you prove it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

What Song Are You Really Feeling Now? / Will You Marry The Person Above You? / The Game Start With The Last Word Prt 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.