Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,529 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:18 PM

There Are No Atheists! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Atheists! (5552 Views)

There Are No Atheists (real)- For Christian Edification and atheistic criticisms / There Are No Atheists In Severe Turbulence / "There Are No Atheists In Foxholes" How True Is That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So reasoning and logic is now suddenly Natural and not scientific. If its natural as you say is it the exclusive right of the Atheist? Are we not all "NATURAL"?
'Atheism is natural' in the sense that a newborn baby has no conception of who or what is god, or if god even exists. (Agnostic atheism).
Then, atheism is reached by logical thinking, for those who've been indoctrinated into a particular religion already.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
EyehateGod 2 questions from 2 fronts on the same response.

please respond to winner01 and i
Re: There Are No Atheists! by FearGodAndLive: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I But nairaland Christians have been programmed to believe 'post from unbeliever' = cannot make sense . .
Haha. Indeed..if it's not from the Bible, it doesn't make sense. Locked minds. How can you live in 2016, when your mind is trapped somewhere between Genesis and Revelation. grin

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Thanks for reading...bye grin
Maybe in your spare time, when winner and Ebuka are not watching, you can go back and read the post grin
I want to save you from the eternal torment of the flying spaghetti monster grin

1 Like

Re: There Are No Atheists! by FearGodAndLive: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

'Atheism is natural' in the sense that a newborn baby has no conception of who or what is god, or if god even exists. (Agnostic atheism).
Then, atheism is reached by logical thinking, for those who've been indoctrinated into a particular religion already.
Neither atheism nor theism is natural. Rather, curiosity about our world is natural. I believe one's position on the existence of a creator should be one that should be consciously made for it to be considered with any form of seriousness.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

To a baby the ones he sees are God to him..e.g his parents. Babies are born believing....its a default position with babies..they believe anything and everything but self logic leads to disbelief

self logic could make a baby question the true parenthood of its parents...he would then ask for proof.

Be it toward God or toward man...babies are born believing naturally
Re: There Are No Atheists! by raphieMontella: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
Are babies atheists? Did they use reasoning and logic to arrive at atheism too?
negro babies are atheistic... We are all born as agnostics...
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

Neither atheism nor theism is natural. Rather, curiosity about our world is natural. I believe one's position on the existence of a creator should be one that should be consciously made for it to be considered with any form of seriousness.

AnonyNymous even amongst thieves there is honour
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

You're right, and a curious mind is agnostic! A curious mind doesn't know, and asks questions wink
Re: There Are No Atheists! by brandonobi(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
If you were taught something as a kid does that make it wrong?
somewhere in this forum i posted (forget i said anything)
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

AnonyNymous even amongst thieves there is honour
Ahan, we are not fighting, he just happened to word it better than me and I agree with him completely
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Ahan, we are not fighting, he just happened to word it better than me and I agree with him completely

Ahan say the truth na. He said the very opposite of what you said. grin
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

To a baby the ones he sees are God to him..e.g his parents. Babies are born believing....its a default position with babies..they believe anything and everything but self logic leads to disbelief

self logic could make a baby question the true parenthood of its parents...he would then ask for proof.

Be it toward God or toward man...babies are born believing naturally
Wrong, a baby doesn't even know where it came from until you tell it that you're its parent. Thats why adopted kids sometimes never find out till they're grown
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Ahan say the truth na. He said the very opposite of what you said. grin
Hahaha he corrected me, I'm not perfect unlike you Christians grin grin they're purely Agnostic and not agnostic atheists
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
author=AnonyNymous post=48674296]
Wrong, a baby doesn't even know where it came from until you tell it that you're its parent. Thats why adopted kids sometimes never find out till they're grown
So on what premise does the baby accept your declaration of being the parents? Proof or just acceptance (faith)

At the bolded thats when logic kicks in and you forget all the love and care and years of upbringing and start demanding for proof and answers....I call that selfishness! Much like Atheism.
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So on what premise does the baby accept your declaration of being the parents? Proof or just acceptance (faith)
Nice try grin grin
Its actually based on logic undecided
Orphanage children are sure that their caretaker isn't their parent cheesy . despite the love and care they receive.
A child looks around and sees people with two parents, and based on their observable data, they conclude that the two people taking care of them and showing them love from birth are also their own parents. If they only have one parent, they'll ask 'John has two parents' why do I only have one? They don't just push everything on 'faith'. Much like science. Science doesn't claim to know everything. Before we thought there are only we spatial dimensions, and now, if the M-Theory is correct, then there are 11 dimensions! We work with observable data and not just believing
Re: There Are No Atheists! by winner01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Nice try grin grin
Orphanage children are sure that their caretaker isn't their parent cheesy . despite the love and care they receive.
A child looks around and sees people with two parents, and based on their observable data, they conclude that the two people taking care of them and showing them love from birth are also their own parents. If they only have one parent, they'll ask 'John has two parents' why do I only have one? They don't just push everything on 'faith'. Much like science. Science doesn't claim to know everything. Before we thought there are only we spatial dimensions, and now, if the M-Theory is correct, then there are 11 dimensions! We work with observable data and not just believing
When last did you observe life evolving from slime and rocks?
Re: There Are No Atheists! by winner01(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Golden!!!

Atheists will find a way around it as usual.
Re: There Are No Atheists! by winner01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

negro babies are atheistic...
We are all born as agnostics...
Any scientific proof of this or is your science based on hand waving?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So reasoning and logic is now suddenly Natural and not scientific. If its natural as you say is it the exclusive right of the Atheist? Are we not all "NATURAL"?
Reasoning and logic are natural just like Eating food is or trying to choose the food U would eat. What is science??

No it's not exclusive to Atheist it's for everyone But Not until some people decided to bring the supernatural into the physical word and accept Magic(supernatural) without using Logic! Or without evidence for it!
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
When last did you observe life evolving from slime and rocks?
When did I ever say that happened?
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Nice try grin grin

You dodged the answer. As a week old baby what observational ability have you got to deduce that the ones you see are your parents? You do realise that as we grow we tend to become suspicious and ask questions that were totally alien to our childhood.

Questions like; How am i sure nobody poisoned this food i left exposed here while as a child we eat any and everything without questioning.

A baby has reason to question what he or she is acceptably ignorant to. Was there another family the baby experienced before birth? NO

So where is the comparison? He is wired to believe because he knows nothing else.

Know this also, the only thing that would make a child in an orphanage to assume that those he sees are not her or his parents is because either they were old enough to remember abandonment before being taken into the orphanage or they are not sure due to lack of the love they crave.

You said earlier that an adopted baby never questions his parents until he grows so why are you confusing yourself?
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Reasoning and logic are natural just like Eating food is or trying to choose the food U would eat. What is science??

No it's not exclusive to Atheist it's for everyone But Not until some people decided to bring the supernatural into the physical word and accept Magic(supernatural) without using Logic! Or without evidence for it!

You are not making any sense even to yourself undecided
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
Are babies atheists?
Did they use reasoning and logic to arrive at atheism too?
Did U not see where I wrote Atheism is Natural Stand??
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You are not making any sense even to yourself undecided
Just say U don't understand then I could break it down for U or better still say U can't counter it!
Re: There Are No Atheists! by raphieMontella: 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
ceteris paribus..
All gods presently in existence are not the real gods..
So therefore based on rationale
we are agnostics at birth before we are indoctrinated by various religions..
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
winner01:
So U don't understand what Lack of Belief is??
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You claim to be logical but even you attest to lack of evidence not being proof of non existence. If logic and reasoning is the right of both theists and atheists why then would the supernatural interfere with logic after-all even the supernatural is logically considered supernaturally or am i wrong?
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You dodged the answer. As a week old baby what observational ability have you got to deduce that the ones you see are your parents? You do realise that as we grow we tend to become suspicious and ask questions that were totally alien to our childhood.
I dodged nothing. A week old baby doesn't know that they're his parents, a week old baby just knows it gets food. The moment the baby is capable of making observations, it concludes that the people taking care of it are its parents.

Questions like; How am i sure nobody poisoned this food i left exposed here while as a child we eat any and everything without questioning.
As a child, we eat everything because we do not understand the concept of poison. We see people eat, we eat. Once we know that things can be poisoned, we start to suspect. But we don't suspect our parents because based on the fact that they've never tried poisoned is, we trust that they will not put poison in our food.

A baby has reason to question what he or she is acceptably ignorant to. Was there another family the baby experienced before birth? NO

So where is the comparison? He is wired to believe because he knows nothing else.
Once a baby is old enough to make basic observations, he deduces that others have parents they live with, therefore the people he lives with are his parents, albeit subconsciously.

Know this also, the only thing that would make a child in an orphanage to assume that those he sees are not her or his parents is because either they were old enough to remember abandonment before being taken into the orphanage or they are not sure due to lack of the love they crave.

You said earlier that an adopted baby never questions his parents until he grows so why are you confusing yourself?
I said an adopted baby never questions his parents. Why? Because he deduces that they are his parents, because they are the ones taking care of him. He doubts if they are his parents if they continuously beat him and neglect him. If it had been blind faith, he'd still believe 100% they're his parents even if they continuously flog him.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I dodged nothing. A week old baby doesn't know that they're his parents, a week old baby just knows it gets food. The moment the baby is capable of making observations, it concludes that the people taking care of it are its parents.

As a child, we eat everything because we do not understand the concept of poison. We see people eat, we eat. Once we know that things can be poisoned, we start to suspect. But we don't suspect our parents because based on the fact that they've never tried poisoned is, we trust that they will not put poison in our food.

Once a baby is old enough to make basic observations, he deduces that others have parents they live with, therefore the people he lives with are his parents, albeit subconsciously.

I said an adopted baby never questions his parents. Why? Because he deduces that they are his parents, because they are the ones taking care of him. He doubts if they are his parents if they continuously beat him and neglect him. If it had been blind faith, he'd still believe 100% they're his parents even if they continuously flog him.

All you just typed boils down to one word...LOGIC ! grin
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
grin grin

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

All you just typed boils down to one word...LOGIC ! grin
Exactly!! LOGIC grin grin and not FAITH!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Shocking Jesuit Oath / Mountain of fire Members Please Be Aware Of This / Do You Believe In Reincarnation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.