Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

There Are No Atheists! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Atheists! (5570 Views)

There Are No Atheists (real)- For Christian Edification and atheistic criticisms / There Are No Atheists In Severe Turbulence / "There Are No Atheists In Foxholes" How True Is That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You claim to be logical but even you attest to lack of evidence not being proof of non existence. If logic and reasoning is the right of both theists and atheists why then would the supernatural interfere with logic after-all even the supernatural is logically considered supernaturally or am i wrong?
Do I have to define what logic means to U?? How can U prove a supernatural? What one man calls God the other calls laws of physics
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Exactly!! LOGIC grin grin and not FAITH!

which brings us back to the issue of Children and parents... you still dont get it do you? grin grin
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

which brings us back to the issue of Children and parents... you still dont get it do you? grin grin
Your stance is that children believe in their parents because of faith and I just showed you how its not faith but logic

1 Like

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I preach with a method strange to you right? Tell that to those who have been contacting offline. In this Nairaland world we have many fronts...I have shared testimonies and preached Jesus to muslims and i even have one nairalander convert who is married and her husband is still a muslim...Now my focus is Atheists and those young Christians who could be easily blown away by any wind of doctrine. Those are the ones we are protecting.
Let's endeavour to include the message of Christ in our posts. And don't use pictures that insult the same people you are trying to convert.
God bless you. Don't give up on them. Jesus loves them all
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
Let's encourage one another and endeavour to include the message of Christ so that they cannot say they never heard about Jesus.
jnrbayano:

I am afraid you are not preaching.

What Thesixthsense did earlier with his thread "Atheism to Jesus" is a typical christian preaching.

You are now drifting into wanting-to-get-one-over type of arguments.
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Let's endeavour to include the message of Christ in our posts. And don't use pictures that insult the same people you are trying to convert.
God bless you. Don't give up on them. Jesus loves them all
U mean msg that was misquoted??
Re: There Are No Atheists! by jnrbayano(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Let's encourage one another and endeavour to include the message of Christ so that they cannot say they never heard about Jesus.

I agree. Hope you understand the motive behind my comment?

Preaching is never to win arguments. If you look closely, you will realise I follow him because I revere his posts/comments.

Let's guard against our good intentions drifting to what I call, getting-one-over arguments. It breeds pride.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Atheists! by Ranchhoddas: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Sounds like a trap. Like you want to be able to be say ''I told you so''. Not cool
Re: There Are No Atheists! by EyeHateGod: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Sounds like a trap. Like you want to be able to be say ''I told you so''. Not cool
it's not a trap it's actually an advantage for we atheist!! M waiting for them to start quick self!
Re: There Are No Atheists! by PastorAIO: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So reasoning and logic is now suddenly Natural and not scientific. If its natural as you say is it the exclusive right of the Atheist? Are we not all "NATURAL"?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is the quote of the year!!
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'm sorry but telling you is the best we can do nobody will force you to choose Christ. What more do you want to hear?
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Personally, I don't think arguments do much because that's where the atheists usually have many things to say.
jnrbayano:

I agree. Hope you understand the motive behind my comment?

Preaching is never to win arguments. If you look closely, you will realise I follow him because I revere his posts/comments.

Let's guard against our good intentions drifting to what I call, getting-one-over arguments. It breeds pride.
Re: There Are No Atheists! by Ranchhoddas: 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I'm sorry but telling you is the best we can do nobody will force you to choose Christ. What more do you want to hear?
Pay no mind to me, I'm just pushing your buttons.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Atheists! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Party crasher ! Yay !
Re: There Are No Atheists! by PureGold199: 2:56am On Jan 07, 2017
I've found several faults with your logic, generalization being a grievous fault repeatedly shown.

First, there are hundreds of beliefs, not just three. You are claiming that there is your religion, agnosticism (which I qualify as), and atheism. There are so many options for what a person can be and how they can choose to live that trying to say there are only three belief systems is a painful assumption.

Second, you then went on to claim that no one is born an atheist. This is impossible, in my opinion, as we are too young to understand at the time. Did you have an understanding of religion as a newborn? If you did, I encourage you to share your one to 108 billion (people who ever lived) story. We are all born apart from religion until someone comes along to teach us. Extreme atheists, which you seem to believe includes all atheists, sometimes claim we are all atheist until we are lied to. Your opinion is the other extreme end of this spectrum. As to saying that a person chooses their religious life, I have to take issue with this. Many people are raised believing that their religion is the only truth and that all others are untrue. For a very long time, I had been told this and I know of many others in this fashion. If you don't know there are options, of course, you can't choose what you are, and that's the problem with our religious system.

Third, you say that God (at least, the Christian God), has proven himself to be true. I find this almost insulting, though I mean no disrespect, as this is simply my honest opinion. If there truly is a God above who loves humankind and all we are, then I don't see why hunger, disease, war, and pain of unimaginable proportions exists. Every Christian I've ever met has told me that it is humanity paying for its sins- except we're paying for the misguided trust that two humans, the supposed first humans, placed in a creature they had no reason to distrust. Their choice for the suffering of billions? If the God above is one who can watch this suffering and take no action, I do not want this God in my life.

Fourth, your attack on atheism. True, atheism has a hard reputation for attacking religion, but Christianity is guilty of the same. Denial is impossible, as your essay I respond to is the embodiment of this war of beliefs. Yes, people learn differently, but this is when I believe most strongly in allowing tolerance and equality of belief. Why do you attack their way of thinking? Because you feel threatened? When I was religious, that is when I would take comfort knowing that I had a God on my side because he wouldn't let me feel threatened. If you're going to assault the beliefs of others, be sure you're secure in your own first.

Fifth, your attack on my belief system, agnosticism. (Just going to quickly note that you actually went against yourself, posting about how no one is born searching for God; contradiction is a logical fallacy). You claim that agnostics are agnostic because they want kind treatment but don't want to give it back. You claim they do it for their own benefit, taking what they need to create a moral code of their own with no homage to the God who claims to own it. This is true, and I know it. But those who do that are entitled to their own beliefs and do not need to conform simply because they drew inspiration from a religion. To me, agnosticism is believing there's a higher power, acknowledging him/her, but now kowtowing to them. Yes, they are most likely immortal, but humanity is an amazing species that, with all our potential, couldn't have been made to only be subjects. I believe there is a god, but I do not think he/she is one who will claim to love us before leaving us to several decades of pain.

Sixth, your generalization. You clump all of these certain groups together without definition between them. Atheists don't all hold the same beliefs, agnostics and definitely not Christians. You do not acknowledge the individuality within these many factions, and because of this form of thinking popular with religion (and I'll admit, atheism and agnosticism at times as well), minorities and individualism are being blurred into the background.

And I'll conclude here as I do not need to prove my main points further. Please, if anyone would like to (calmly) debate this, I'd gladly accept. But to the writer, I implore you to understand the largest mistake Christianity makes: teaching respect for God and your church family, but acting without respect toward religions and belief systems beyond your own. I believe every man and woman is free to make their own choices, but until we can understand each other and respect the beliefs of others, questioning out of curiosity instead of anger, this is a world of sin which everyone, religious or not, should be ashamed of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mountain of fire Members Please Be Aware Of This / What To Do When You Break A Convenant / The Letter Killeth But The Spirit Giveth Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.