Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Green House Agronomist - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Green House Agronomist (40247 Views)

Tomato & Cucumber Seedlings From Borno Green House / Green House Farming: Curbing Tuta Absoluta. The Tomato Headache. / Green House Tomato Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 3:46am On Mar 10, 2017
A 24x10m (240sqms) will accomodate a plant population of 546.it's supposed to originally accommodate 560 but due to some of the metals of the green house especially at the edges and irrigation drip lines installation which reduces the population to 546.you will have 7 beds and each bed with take 2 rows of plants while each row will have 40 plants making 80 plants per bed multiplied by the entire 7 beds. That's how the plant population was archieved and not your initial calculation of 888 plants.
Thanks.
Silvereze:

Hi Oladiran, I think your calculation of 2 tonnes for 24*10 m of green house is wrong.

See this...

Assuming 1plant produces 5kg of tomatoes in a cycle. I have calculated number of plants that will be in 240m2 and estimated about 888plants.

Now 888plantsX 5kg is 4440kg which is already more than 4 tonnes.
Now since youre using hybrid seeds you can get more kg per plants.

I stand to be corrected
Re: Green House Agronomist by Idango(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2017
The conservative estimate for Dizengoff greenhouse is about 5 tonnes in a cycle, and according to them this has been tested.
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 6:12am On Mar 11, 2017
With which size of their?8x24 or 8x48?
Idango:
The conservative estimate for Dizengoff greenhouse is about 5 tonnes in a cycle, and according to them this has been tested.
Re: Green House Agronomist by Idango(m): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2017
The 8*24
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
You have no single clue of what you are talking about and I would advice you don't mislead or confuse yourself and kindly go back to where you read or heard that for better clarification even if you want to advertise for dizengoff try to get your facts right and understand something before putting it out to the whole world as I doubt if you are even an agronomist.saro's 10*24m has a plant population of abt 546 and dizengoff's 8*24m has of 480 or less.i have worked and consult for farms having the two tunnels.even dizengoff's might not reach the 2 tonnes if care is not taken while that of saro will due to the differences in the plant population. sorry if it sounds insultive.
Idango:
The 8*24
Re: Green House Agronomist by Silvereze(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2017
oladiran2:
A 24x10m (240sqms) will accomodate a plant population of 546.it's supposed to originally accommodate 560 but due to some of the metals of the green house especially at the edges and irrigation drip lines installation which reduces the population to 546.you will have 7 beds and each bed with take 2 rows of plants while each row will have 40 plants making 80 plants per bed multiplied by the entire 7 beds. That's how the plant population was archieved and not your initial calculation of 888 plants.
Thanks.

Which spacing do you use?
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lmao.
Silvereze:

Which spacing do you use?
Re: Green House Agronomist by Silvereze(m): 1:05am On Mar 13, 2017
oladiran2:
Lmao.

I wanted to know the spacing you use or is it predetermined by the green house design
Re: Green House Agronomist by Idango(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2017
oladiran2:
You have no single clue of what you are talking about and I would advice you don't mislead or confuse yourself and kindly go back to where you read or heard that for better clarification even if you want to advertise for dizengoff try to get your facts right and understand something before putting it out to the whole world as I doubt if you are even an agronomist.saro's 10*24m has a plant population of abt 546 and dizengoff's 8*24m has of 480 or less.i have worked and consult for farms having the two tunnels.even dizengoff's might not reach the 2 tonnes if care is not taken while that of saro will due to the differences in the plant population. sorry if it sounds insultive.

Oladiran,
I picked those figures from a material a friend sent to me:

Re: Green House Agronomist by Idango(m): 9:45am On Mar 13, 2017
oladiran2:

Oladiran,
I picked those figures from a material a friend sent to me:[img][/img][img][/img]

Re: Green House Agronomist by Idango(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2017
I am not advertising for dizengoff. i am only sending this for knowledge sharing, i dont know them from Adam.

1 Like

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
It's a big lie and they can't confirm that themselves.a plant is expected to give you about 4-5kg his entire cycle and they know that themselves so multiply that by 480 plant population. You will have 1900-2400kg that's is why it's averagely pegged to 2000kg so don't be deceived. even their old 8*48m can't give 4tonnes if not careful not to talk of 8*24m giving 5tonnes with a plant population of 480,only a lay man with no green house experience or not an agronomist like you would accept such figures.Am certain the person who typed the material was only hipping the figures to deceive prospective buyers or a typo error from one of their sales Rep.to confirm call any of their agronomist or even their company you will be told the same. It's only with miracle that 8*24m will give 5tonnes cos it's not even possible. it's better to say the truth than lieing to deceive people especially those with no knowledge about agriculture but looking into diversifying their investment. Saro's own is 10*24m and far more plant population of 546 and definitely more yield.
Idango:

Oladiran,
I picked those figures from a material a friend sent to me:[img][/img][img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Green House Agronomist by bamigee: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Valid! You cannot get the yields promised above

From a growers point of view (S/W , Nigeria)

I stand to be corrected.

oladiran2:
It's a big lie and they can't confirm that themselves.a plant is expected to give you about 4-5kg his entire cycle and they know that themselves so multiply that by 480 plant population. You will have 1900-2400kg that's is why it's averagely pegged to 2000kg so don't be deceived. even their old 8*48m can't give 4tonnes if not careful not to talk of 8*24m giving 5tonnes with a plant population of 480,only a lay man with no green house experience or not an agronomist like you would accept such figures.Am certain the person who typed the material was only hipping the figures to deceive prospective buyers or a typo error from one of their sales Rep.to confirm call any of their agronomist or even their company you will be told the same. It's only with miracle that 8*24m will give 5tonnes cos it's not even possible. it's better to say the truth than lieing to deceive people especially those with no knowledge about agriculture but looking into diversifying their investment. Saro's own is 10*24m and far more plant population of 546 and definitely more yield.
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2017
Happy new week ahead all
bamigee:
Valid! You cannot get the yields promised above

From a growers point of view (S/W , Nigeria)

I stand to be corrected.

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2017
Partial trellising and pruning prior to full trellising#Grateful#GreenHouseAgronomist

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
#Grateful

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Some of my open field harvest of golden melon/honey dew(melon galia) and crimson sweet water melon. #GreenHouseAgronomist#OpenFieldAgronomist#Grateful#NoFarmerNoNation.

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
More

Re: Green House Agronomist by HydroSavvy: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
nice one
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
For your green house wooven uv plastic.

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 9:04am On Apr 01, 2017
The Solarig™ series was developed through years of research as a woven polyethylene cloth especially suited to controlled horticulture. Solarig films are up to 15 times stronger than regular polyethylene sheet covers and more resistant in tough weather conditions (winds, hail, etc).
Happy weekend all
Re: Green House Agronomist by Sedfort1: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
A greenhouse is a structure with walls and roof made chiefly of transparent materials, such as nets, plastics or glass, in which environmental conditions are regulated for cultivated crops (such as tomato, bell pepper, chilli pepper, cucumber, watermelon, leafy vegetables etc.). Amongst several other advantages, greenhouse farming affords you the opportunity to grow all year round with good regulation of inputs and environmental factors which result in very high yields of international quality.

Sedfort Farms, Sedfort Nigeria Limited is a modern agribusiness company with interests in crop and animal production; and agricultural technology. We presently have one of the largest operating greenhouse farms in Nigeria with a total greenhouse area space of 50,000sqm (5 Hectares). Having been in the vegetable business for years now, and being a sub-regional leader in hydroponics, Sedfort prides itself in its ability to produce large volumes of premium farm fresh tomatoes in Nigeria.

Re: Green House Agronomist by Sedfort1: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Sedfort Ingenious Agriculture as the sole representative of Novedades Agricolas S.A. Spain is proud to introduce the APRKit 336 Greenhouse. The APRKit 336 is a greenhouse solution for new and professional growers that has been adapted to suit our environmental parameters providing farmers with improved conditions for the cultivation of various greenhouse crops.
We can supply and install the Kit for you anywhere in Nigeria.
Give us a call on 08099026888, send us an email to sales@sedfort.com or simply visit our website on www.sedfort.com, you'll be glad you did!

Check out the pictures below:

1. APR 336 Green House

2. Irrigation system

3. Gasoline powered irrigation pump

4. Irrigation pump

For more information, kindly follow the link below

http://www.sedfort.com/product/apr336-greenhouse-model/

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice.
Sedfort1:
Sedfort I amngenious Agriculture as the sole representative of Novedades Agricolas S.A. Spain is proud to introduce the APRKit 336 Greenhouse. The APRKit 336 is a greenhouse solution for new and professional growers that has been adapted to suit our environmental parameters providing farmers with improved conditions for the cultivation of various greenhouse crops.
We can supply and install the Kit for you anywhere in Nigeria.
Give us a call on 08099026888, send us an email to sales@sedfort.com or simply visit our website on www.sedfort.com, you'll be glad you did!

Check out the pictures below:

1. APR 336 Green House

2. Irrigation system

3. Gasoline powered irrigation pump

4. Irrigation pump

For more information, kindly follow the link below

http://www.sedfort.com/product/apr336-greenhouse-model/
Re: Green House Agronomist by kennysympathy(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2017
oladiran2:
Okay.

Sire the very site is ready.

You can send me your post through

Kenechukwuemmanuel03@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Happy Easter to you all. Fresh Eva F1 transplant at 1WAT with open field spinach.

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2017
Happy weekend everyone
Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
Eva at 2WAT with open field spinach at 3WAS.
Happy Sunday to you all#GreenHouseAgronomist#FieldAgronomist#Grateful

Re: Green House Agronomist by oladiran2(m): 10:42pm On May 11, 2017
Doing what I know how to do best and I remain my humble self.for your inquiries,consultancy services on green house farming of vegetables and open field crop production and green house installation
Oladipupo, 08033981254, 07051757791#GreenHouseAgronomist#NoFarmerNoNation#Agronomist

Re: Green House Agronomist by Seun(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2017
oladiran2:
Doing what I know how to do best and I remain my humble self.for your inquiries,consultancy services on green house farming of vegetables and open field crop production and green house installation
Oladipupo, 08033981254, 07051757791#GreenHouseAgronomist#NoFarmerNoNation#Agronomist
what plant is in your first picture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Goat Engages In Intense Battle With Owner Over Rice (video) / Setting Up A Small But Very Effective Garri Processing Plant / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.