Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (69789 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
TBH ...our smart phone batteries tend to fail eventually because of different factors...especially the aspect of charging.

Most lithium-ion batteries, used by major retailers like
Samsung and Apple , should last between three and
five years, follow these tips;

USING OFF-BRAND CHARGERS DESTROY BATTERIES;
Off-brand chargers, while not optimal, are
fine. It's knockoffs you should avoid.
Don't go for cheap brand knockoff chargers when you
can at least purchase inexpensive, off-brand chargers
(as long as they're made by legitimate retailers, such
as Belkin and KMS). The folks at Lifehacker ran a
detailed experiment in which they pitted official
chargers against knockoffs and off-brand models.
The results showed that off-brand chargers, though
obviously not as good as the official thing, work just
fine. Knockoffs barely even get the job done.

YOU SHOULDN'T USE YOUR PHONE WHILE IT CHARGES;
Use it all you want, as long as you're not
using a sketchy third-party charger.
There are scary reasons behind this myth. People
believe that using a phone while charging will make
the phone explode, or electrocute the user. That
actually happened to a Chinese flight attendant
named Ma Ailun in July 2013, when she used her
iPhone 4 while it was charging.
However, reports say it's because Ailun was using a
third-party charger, not an original Apple charger.
If you're using the manufacturer-approved charger
and battery, you should be fine.

CHARGING YOUR PHONE
OVERNIGHT KILLS THE BATTERY;
Your phone is smarter than you think. Once
it's fully juiced up, it knows to stop charging . That
means the battery isn't even in use at all.
However, that doesn't mean you should be charging
your phone all night, every night. You wouldn't fill a
cup with water if it was already full, would you? Your
battery life will last longer if you keep your phone
charged between 40% and 80%.

YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR PHONE OFF — Sometimes;
Your phone may be a machine, but it still
needs to take a few breaks. An Apple Genius said that
in order to maximize battery life, you should turn off
your phone from time to time, especially when you go
to bed at night.
At the very least, Apple experts recommend turning
your phone off once a week in order to preserve
battery life.
Turning off your phone is important for Android
devices as well. A simple reboot can help restore
battery life.

DON'T CHARGE YOUR PHONE
UNTIL IT'S COMPLETE DEAD;
It's better to charge your phone every day
than to do a " deep charge" from time to time.
Lithium-ion batteries, like the kind used in Samsung
and Apple products fare better when they're charged.
If you constantly let them drain to 0%, they become
unstable. Your battery has a finite number of charge
cycles, and every time it fully dies, that's another
cycle out the window.

TEMPERATURE OF PHONE;
The surface of your smartphone acts as a heat
sink, allowing the device to remain at a safe
operating temperature.
If external factors, or an internal fault, prevent
the phone from cooling itself effectively, it will go
into protect mode.
If this happens iPhone users may see the
message "iPhone needs to cool down before you
can use it".
Overheating damages the battery and leaves it is
less capable of holding charge in future.
Never leave your smartphone in a hot car, or on
the hob, obviously.

This is absolutely true. Heat and tech don't
generally go hand-in-hand, and that's no different
with phone batteries.
Lithium-ion batteries heat themselves , and get hotter
while they're being charged. Cold weather can also
have a negative impact on a phone's life, and a cold
battery will die faster than usual in low temperatures.
Your phone will be safe if you keep it within its
recommended temperatures; Apple says 32 degrees
Fahrenheit is the lowest recommended temperature
for an iPhone's environment. Samsung, on the other
hand, guarantees its phones can function anywhere
between -4 and 122 degrees.

I HOPE THIS HELPS....

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Kunlegzy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

Correct. That's what I been trying to explain. A phone is not meant to be used continuously until the battery dies. Where the iPhone shines is in standby time, like u keep ur phone in ur pocket for say 2 hour with 60% battery, it not drop a single % while the s7 might end up dropping up to 4-5%. So for normal usage under 24 hours the iPhone will have more juice than any Samsung phone.
the idle drain you are talking about is basically caused by Google and the culprit is Google Play service. That's not Samsung doing but for a an experienced user there are ways to kill those service without undermining the performances of your device. E.g by running Google play service debloat script created by urself that's if you know what u are doing or by using an app called "disable service" you identified those service and you disabled them. Of course you need the knowledge, that's why it's called an android. On my own phone here (s7 edge) i have zero idle drain. If I leave my device at 75% to sleep I wake up to see 75%. Apple have their OS to them, I don't expect them not to optimize it. Idle drain might a issue for the weak but not for those who are versatile.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by NEROSKY(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
bimbor:
Hello guys,

I am about to buy the iPhone 6S. I need an expert advice on the Phone. How is the experience like using the phone? How long can the battery last on a full charge? What about the Camera? How is the Camera compared to the Samsung galaxy S7 edge? What of display quality. Which is the better value, the iPhone 6S or 6S plus? Your candid opinions will be appreciated.

As expert on this buy S7... my S6 i bought for almost a year and 6 months is still as i bought it, why my friend have changed his iphone 6's screen 4 times, not only that you'll get bored of the UI, or else you're iphone fanboy (Show off crew)
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
Check them out!!!

Which other phone can rival this beauty?? grin

Sleek, sexy and sweet.

With Apple you can't go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dubbiskelly(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
Was using a galaxy note before switching to iPhone 6s and I must say I've been enjoying it. The main reasons I switched was based on the physical size(galaxy note too big) and of course security.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by 9jatatafo(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
I like iphone but my last experience was bad. I am going android.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
9jatatafo:
I like iphone but my last experience was bad. I am going android.

Share your experience so that others can learn.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Bossmd post=48827276]Check them out!!!

Which other phone can rival this beauty?? grin

Sleek, sexy and sweet.

With Apple you can't go wrong.

[/you definitely got that right, I like Samsung products but when joined d apple fam I realize I was missing out, started wit iPhone 4, 5, then I'm using the 6s plus now, its wonderful, 7pro is my next target]
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah2:
We aren't arguing because we want to be fan boys but it smells over your comments. You are calling android out in places where you aren't satisfied but ur beloved Apple and IOS shouldn't be because it got to earth through UFOs while been designed by Aliens from Pluto.

Greenhulk is now the benchmark used in judging between both os'es. Same person that lost his complete credibility few mins ago. Glad you know you are been overly sentimental and you rightly accepted all thanks to back and forth ass kicking of yours. I dropped the iphone 4s for Samsung s3 and never looked back so don't say u wouldn't switch to android once you go iOS. I know a number of people that switched and never looked back.

Very few people would drop their high end android phones for iphones in this era. This is 2016 not 2012 when iPhone had that "thing" that wows. Android and it's OEMs have upped their game so high that it's putting Apple and it's beloved iphone to shame.

Same thing is happening in the computer world where chromebook is outselling the macs and surface killing the ipads in the tablet world. They invented their charging Apple pencil to get at surface but it was still no match.

If Apple don't start spending that money by going back to their core and begin innovating like they were then am sorry it could be game over for them.
Chromebooks outselling macbooks? are you entirely sure?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:

Don't take that dude seriously, his arguments are entirely driven by sentiments. A typical Android fanboy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2016
The point is mute. Any Apple product is the best in the industry.

Are you in the Android or Apple ecosystem?

Choose based on that.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:

A true techie guy would say things exactly how it is. A fanboy is a loyal and blind fan.

Ask him for a prove to counter my screenshot and watch him disappear like the fart of a leprous witch or reply with a meaningless comment like always.

All apple products are presently plummeting

Samsung is killing the iPhones
Surface is killing the iPad
Chromebook is killing the macbook

iFans don't like reading this.
Bro, I believe you know who a fanboy truly is. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:
The point is mute. Any Apple product is the best in the industry.

Are you in the Android or Apple ecosystem?

Choose based on that.

Best is subjective. So it's your opinion and you are completely entitled to it.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
For the First time and that may sure be the last. What does google know about PC?

The problem with Google is they want to be everywhere more like a jack of all trades. Instead of concentrating on one section and building it they'd rather venture into any perceived thriving field and become a player. Fine, it's a competitive world, but you don't have to pitch your tent in every quarter where you see people excelling, it's called greed. Watch and see how their new "Duo" platform will fail.. They want to compete with Apple FaceTime but let's see how far they can go. Instead of them to develop their Android OS and clean up that garbage filled play store they are busy gallivanting everywhere like blind bats. There's a popular saying about Playstore; Dig through the Trash to get Gold", meaning you have to search through tons of useless apps to get the app you want. Soon and very soon most of their OEMs will turn their backs on their buggy Android, maybe by then reality will have dawned on them. But I hope it won't be too late for them.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
A typical iSheep is now quoting the line first time after dismissing initial statement and calling me a fanboy. Who's really fanboy? It's written all over him.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Best is subjective. So it's your opinion and you are completely entitled to it.

I wasn't aware that I was posting on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
NEROSKY:

As expert on this buy S7... my S6 i bought for almost a year and 6 months is still as i bought it, why my friend have changed his iphone 6's screen 4 times, not only that you'll get bored of the UI, or else you're iphone fanboy (Show off crew)

come on mehn, this is Nigeria, who changes iPhone 6 screen 4 times? I guess u know how much d screen cost....kindly advice Ur frnd to be careful on how he handles his apple phone...

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
Are people still on about this iOS vs Android argument. Variety is the spice of life fellas. Both have their drawbacks obviously. iOS keeps you in a well protected, but limited cage, while Android gives you liberty to go where ever the hell you want, with reasonable risk of course. In the case of OEM's both Samsung and Apple lift from each other. Only a biased fanboy would say otherwise. My only grouse with Samsung tho, is that they load their flagships with a lot of unnecessary garbage functions *coughs* heart rate monitor *cough*. And they churn out too many goddamn phones, it gets confusing at times deciding what to get. Apple on the other hand gives you just 2 options( at least since 2014) either you get a big one or a smaller sized phone, which is pretty neat in my opinion. Although I still can't fathom the essence of the iPhone SE, that phone was bound to flop from the get go. Phew!! I'm tired of typing
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

A true techie guy would say things exactly how it is. A fanboy is a loyal and blind fan.

Ask him for a prove to counter my screenshot and watch him disappear like the fart of a leprous witch or reply with a meaningless comment like always.

All apple products atrium plummeting

Speaking from a neutral point of view, it is actually expected that Chromebooks outsell mcbooks. I mean Hyundai sonata will always outsell Ferrari California, and toyota corolla will always outsell anything bentley release all together. Pure water satchet will always outsell Eva bottle water.

Where am I driving at? Apple mcbooks are all premium laptops while Chromebooks are low- mid range low powered PCs. A mcbook costs between $1,200 up to $5,000 while a Chromebook costs between $250-$400. On the average 8 Chromebooks sold is equivalent to 1 mcbook. About 2 million units of chrimebooks were sold in the first quarter of this year while apple sold about 1.7 million mcbooks. I was actually expecting Chromebooks to well more.. This is still a win for Apple.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
Cathony:

come on mehn, this is Nigeria, who changes iPhone 6 screen 4 times? I guess u know how much d screen cost....kindly advice Ur frnd to be careful on how he handles his apple phone...

I have a friend who changed his twice buying using protective screens. He doesn't like it but the cost of changing the screen made him use it. He is presently.on the third screen protector. I have loads for them with damaged screens

I'm still using the first screen protector I bought and it's doesn't cover the edges cos the phone wasn't available in Nigeria when I bought it and the edge screen sounded alien to them.

IPhone 6 and 6 plus users should be watchful of screen disease plaguing their phones.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

Speaking from a neutral point of view, it is actually expected that Chromebooks outsell mcbooks. I mean Hyundai sonata will always outsell Ferrari California, and toyota corolla will always outsell anything bentley release all together. Pure water satchet will always outsell Eva bottle water.

Where am I driving at? Apple mcbooks are all premium laptops while Chromebooks are low- mid range low powered PCs. A mcbook costs between $1,200 up to $5,000 while a Chromebook costs between $250-$400. On the average 8 Chromebooks sold is equivalent to 1 mcbook. About 2 million units of chrimebooks were sold in the first quarter of this year while apple sold about 1.7 million mcbooks. I was actually expecting Chromebooks to well more.. This is still a win for Apple.

Give kudos where it's due. Don't act blind bro. This is the first time chromebook will outsell macbook during its 5 years of existence.
Why did it happen now?
What went wrong?

Macbook has been outselling chromebook despite the huge price difference but it has flipped now you are been a fanboy like always saying it's expected same way you tagged iphone SE a low end phone and it wasn't suppose to sell loads.

Quit the fanboyism.
Quit it
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:
Are people still on about this iOS vs Android argument. Variety is the spice of life fellas. Both have their drawbacks obviously. iOS keeps you in a well protected, but limited cage, while Android gives you liberty to go where ever the hell you want, with reasonable risk of course. In the case of OEM's both Samsung and Apple lift from each other. Only a biased fanboy would say otherwise. My only grouse with Samsung tho, is that they load their flagships with a lot of unnecessary garbage functions *coughs* heart rate monitor *cough*. And they churn out too many goddamn phones, it gets confusing at times deciding what to get. Apple on the other hand gives you just 2 options( at least since 2014) either you get a big one or a smaller sized phone, which is pretty neat in my opinion. Although I still can't fathom the essence of the iPhone SE, that phone was bound to flop from the get go. Phew!! I'm tired of typing

The fans begged Apple for a 4" version. It's evidenced on Apple forum. They wanted a feel of the old iPhone 4 and 5. Apple had to heed their demand and made it for them. Yes, you are one of those that don't see the need for it, but those that called for it have bought it and are happy with it already. Talk about strokes for different folks. People were complaining that Apple didn't care about their customers opinions, and now they proved and showed they cared by revisiting an extinct form factor, yet you are still complaining. If you don't like the 4" pick the 4.7" and if you still want something bigger the 5.5" is up for grabs. Mind you the same iPhone SE you are complaining about actually sold out beyond Apple's expectations after its release

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

All apple products are presently plummeting

That's interesting. But you realise that was just for the first quarter of 2016, don't start popping the champagne yet. When apple upgrades its pro and air lines of macbook then we can begin to crunch numbers. BTW A shitload of companies make chrome books vs Only Apple. But tbh those chrome books are kinda shitty, I mean they rely heavily on the internet to function. They still don't have enough offline apps. I don't own one tho. I've only used a friend's, ironically she has a macbook air also. lol

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Cathony(m): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

I have a friend who changed his twice buying using protective screens. He doesn't like it but the cost of changing the screen made him use it. He is presently.on the third screen protector. I have loads for them with damaged screens

I'm still using the first screen protector I bought and it's doesn't cover the edges cos the phone wasn't available in Nigeria when I bought it and the edge screen sounded alien to them.

IPhone 6 and 6 plus users should be watchful of screen disease plaguing their phones.
yeah, true...that's the thing, gorilla screen protector is always recommended to iPhone users on purchase...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:
For the First time and that may sure be the last. What does google know about PC?

The problem with Google is they want to be everywhere more like a jack of all trades. Instead of concentrating on one section and building it they'd rather venture into any perceived thriving field and become a player. Fine, it's a competitive world, but you don't have to pitch your tent in every quarter where you see people excelling, it's called greed. Watch and see how their new "Duo" platform will fail.. They want to compete with Apple FaceTime but let's see how far they can go.

You are the most sentimental dude on this forum. You should tell Apple

They introduced Apple music to hit Spotify
They introduced Apley maps to hit Google maps even this the earlier would lead you to a bottomless pit
They are presently working on software to hit at snap chat

Google duo been tagged a failure has over 1 million downloads within a week in the Google play store alone it's too early to judge but a fanboy would tag any product DOA and a failure if it's not coming from their beloved company
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bossmd:

The fans begged Apple for a 4" version. It's evidenced on Apple forum. They wanted a feel of the old iPhone 4 and 5. Apple had to heed their demand and made it for them. Yes, you are one of those that don't see the need for it, but those that called for it have bought it and are happy with it already. Talk about strokes for different folks. People were complaining that Apple didn't care about their customers opinions, and now they proved and showed they cared by revisiting an extinct form factor, yet you are still complaining. If you don't like the 4" pick the 4.7" and if you still want something bigger the 5.5" is up for grabs. Mind you the same iPhone SE you are complaining about actually sold out beyond Apple's expectations after its release

I guess you're right, but you'd agree with me that majority of people who use 4 inch phones are elderly folks who don't upgrade often and they are in the minority. True, the iPhone SE wasn't a major release, so who really cares right?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
mykel20:
I guess you're right, but you'd agree with me that majority of people who use 4 inch phones are elderly folks who don't upgrade often and they are in the minority. True, the iPhone SE wasn't a major release, so who really cares right?

If you tag the iphone SE to be used by the elderly people where the same people that filled the forums demanding for a 4inch phone? Iphone SE for the old folks yet laced with iphone 6s internals and cameras
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

Give kudos where it's due. Don't act blind bro. This is the first time chromebook will outsell macbook during its 5 years of existence.
Why did it happen now?
What went wrong?

Macbook has been outselling chromebook despite the huge price difference but it has flipped now you are been a fanboy like always saying it's expected same way you tagged iphone SE a low end phone and it wasn't suppose to sell loads.

Quit the fanboyism.
Quit it

Can u just for once stop being a fanboy and reason with a free mind. This is not about Android vs ios... It is about reality. Mcbooks have been around since 2006 while the first consumer chromebook was released in 2011. Mcbooks have been popular especially in the USA before chromebook was born and it took another 2-3 yrs before people actually started giving chromebook a chance. Bro, it was a matter of time before chromebook start outselling mcbooks, not because chromebook are better but because they are cheaper. The price of one mcbook will buy 5 or more chromebooks. So it is very easy for elementary schools to provide chromebooks for studies than mcbooks. Also it is easier for youths and adults to keep their mcbook in the office or at home and use chromebooks on the go for light works.

Mcbooks are premium products, chromebooks are not. Toyota will sell more corolla than lambourghi. Go to the market and try to sell Eva bottle water and pure sachet water... I'm sure u will sell a full bag of pure water before u sell one Eva water.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

If you tag the iphone SE to be used by the elderly people where the same people that filled the forums demanding for a 4inch phone? Iphone SE for the old folks yet laced with iphone 6s internals and cameras
Why do you think the iPhone 6 performed so well in the market? one word SIZE. Apple knew that they couldnt stick to the 4 inch screens any longer. Very few millenials would willingly buy a 4 inch phone in 2016, that's the truth bruh. What makes you think that it was solely because of online forums that Apple reintroduced the 5S design? There are other ways of conducting surveys you know. And of course they would equip the iPhone SE with newer internals, I would have been shocked if they didn't, its a no brainer

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by sokotoburundi(m): 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
The way u guys are just flexing ur muscles ehn... I just dey drool, me wey dey use nokia C2-00 pls if u have a adroid phone u are not using as long as it can read pdf and browse for a student like me , i will appreciate it. Here is my no. If u want to help me 09085615043...be kind to a person in need thank you.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
greenhulk:

dayurmmm grin..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
sokotoburundi:
The way u guys are just flexing ur muscles ehn... I just dey drool, me wey dey use nokia C2-00 pls if u have a adroid phone u are not using as long as it can read pdf and browse for a student like me , i will appreciate it. Here is my no. If u want to help me 09085615043...be kind to a person in need thank you.

Comic interlude grin grin

My brother ask greenhulk, his 5S is due for upgrade, he will dash you and get the new iPhone 7. He's a big boy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Picture Of The New Nokia 3310 / Download Room 027 [full Movie] Nollywood Movie - To Your phone / How To Convert Java Phone To Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.