Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Arik Air- Good Or Bad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air- Good Or Bad? (3601 Views)

Arik Air Shuts Down As Unions Protest N12.4bn Debt It Owed FAAN / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by JJM(f): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2009
What is this I hear about Arik Air cancelling flights and leaving customers stranded about 2 or 3 months ago.? Anyone have any news on this? Constructive feedbacks also welcomed.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by candylips(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2009
somene posted an experience a while back
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by noblegas2(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
Lol. So u eventualy startd a thread on dis arik stuff.anyway ignore all negative comments abt d airline.ma bro used it 4rm Jo'burg 2 Lagos & tagged 'em as simply amazin plus even most of dere airbus are new.neva hrd of d flight cancelation.i hope dey start plyin d middle east soon.so all i gat 2 say is 4 U 2 sit tight & njoy Arik baby!
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by JJM(f): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Noble Gas

not funny o smiley. Omo Ibo's account scared me abit since we are talking about Nigeria carriers, hope this is not a trend. Sorry if I am not being patriotic and showing faith but track record of Nigerian carriers historically have not been consistently good.

You know what I will take your advice and relax cos 90% of the feedback so far about Arik have been impressive.

would love to have any more feedback though.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by DisGuy: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
Are you sure it's Arik Air??

Bellview is well known for leaving passengers
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by OAM4J: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2009
at least its better than bellview.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by candylips(m): 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
far better than bird flu
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by ikeyman00(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
my friends bro used it

from lagos to london

i think its cool
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by opensource(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2009
Arik is wonderful. Used it from Lagos - london

Nice service and arrived 20 mins before scheduled.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by megastu(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2009
used it from london. Fantastic, brand new planes. It is even better than KLM etc. No flight delays, no lost luggage, no ill treatment. Infact they are too much.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2009
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by candylips(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2009
maybe i go try am next time i travel sha
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2009
Although, i've never flown Arik Air nor do i have any affiliation with the Airline, I have it on good record that all their Aircrafts are brand new.

I am not aware of any other thing that goes in their favour
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by mamagee6(f): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2009
Bad.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by JJM(f): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2009
@mama gee

thanks?Is that suppose to be constructive
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2009
the airline is great, wonderful crew, good entertainment, simply great
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by candylips(m): 10:47am On Oct 06, 2009
ok
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by debouy: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
i would recommend Airk Air unreservedly to anyone. I flew with them last weekend on a Johannesburg-Lagos-Johannesburg route.
Arrive and depart in time, the aircraft is new and clean. In-flight entertainment was excellent and cabin crew service was superb. Drank lots of wines on board. (at least na my money)

Support the Nigerian cause .
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by BOGGY: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2009
I used the flight some months ago,first of all,my 12 o'clock flight was delayed till 9pm at night.Then my box was misplaced.Im yet to hear from them,no call,no apologies,
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by simplychic(f): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2009
My experience wit arik from lagos to london was superb,thier cabin crew are good entertainment good and we arrived at the estimated time.

So i think they are good for patronage.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by ayomidej(f): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
They are far the best naija airline travelling from UK grin
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by richman3: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2009
i travelled with arik to and fro, from lagos to johannesburg and johahannesburg to lagos. in fact they are wonderful. i no fit lie. naija don try for once,
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by dancewith: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2009
Its Bellview not Arik
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by Uchenna22: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2009
I flew London - Lagos with Arik last month and my experience was bitter-sweet.

Their planes are new and comfortable. They've even got a lounge for economy passengers!!

However, we were delayed for 4 hours due to technical difficulties. We all had to wait at the airport boarding gate, and they failed to provide adequate information through out the wait. As a consequence of not communicating effectively, they lost the confidence of their passengers and people began to shout out threats etc, When we finally got on the plane, I noticed that the cabin crew seemed young and inexperienced (maybe I was just irritable after the earlier drama). My major issue with Arik was that when we landed in Nigeria, only 80 passengers recieved their lugages. I off course wasn't one of the lucky few. By this time, I was seriously upset and wished I hadn't chosen to fly with them. Their manager at the airport was useless, aggressive and had no customer service skills - She decided to tell off her subordinate in front of us because the woman had referred us to her!!! I was shocked at her lack of professionalism. We were told to report the following day to pick up our bags and if we wanted any further information, we had to go to their head office. When we got to their head office that afternoon, EFCC were raiding the offices and no one was allowed in or out of the building. I managed to talk my way in and finally got an answer from someone in their customer service team.

Our journey back was without any dramas. I don't know if I'll fly with them again. I guess the problems I faced are not unique to Arik, but our experience could have been better if the staff had provided clear, concise information, and the manager had behaved in a professional manner.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
Arik air is very good aircraft .if u need arik ticket contact YMS TRAVELS and visit website:www.ymstravelsandtours.com, call 08033246961
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by BOGGY: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
I went through exactly the same thing.We waited form 2pm till 9pm at night for a 2pm flight,including children and old people.I was pitying an old man that had to look for food to eat,cos people were so hungry,children crying.Arik air offered no explanations or apologies.My luggages got missing,i ve sent mails and called and called, till date they have not called me for once.

Cancelling of flights is so typical of them

They are so disorganised,and i promised never to patronise them or anyone i know even if its the last flight on earth.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by candylips(m): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
na wa o . so they are this bad too
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by JJM(f): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
Oh dear! Guess not too surprised as they are already exhibiting similar traits to Bellview. Anyways, booked to fly them this Christmas. Will post my feedbacks then, positive hopefully.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by ProAnti: 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
By Nigerian standards, Arik is super-excellent.
By African standards, Arik is good.
By World standards, Arik is just OK.

Only say I never enter plane b4 grin
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by zexyworm: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2009
Excuse me but have you flown them before?

Here is my appraisal:

By Nigerian standards: The BEST
By African standards: Excellent
By world standards: VERY good. IN fact their economy product FAR exceeds most American airlines' product, KLM/AF (by legroom), definitely Arik is a global class airline.
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by redsky1: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2009
the airline is ok. same as virgin atlantic.

plane is brand new and staff on board are very friendly - if u act in a civilised manner that is.

luggage allowance is amazing - 2 bags at 30kgs each - as a lady that doesn't know how to travel light they are a life saver
Re: Arik Air- Good Or Bad? by JJM(f): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
thanks peeps for the feedback. majority good thus far.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don Japa Ooo Nigerian Lady / Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State / Is Scanned Letter Of Invitation Frm Germany Acceptable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.