Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos (5419 Views)

Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City / Afco To Provide 5.5 Million Housing Units To Nigerians / Rent-to-own: Lagos Govt Delivers 100 Housing Units To Beneficiaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by mezynaija(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
The Plateau State Government last Thursday signed a memorandum of understanding with six private developers for the construction of 11,880 affordable housing units for civil servants in the state within the Greater Jos Master Plan.

The commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Arc Sam Galadima signed the MoU on behalf of the government at the Conference Hall of the ministry. While the Managing Directors and Chief Executive Officers of the firms signing for their respective companies in which nine developers were for the construction of 18,883 housing units but only six of them that signed the MoU.

Handing over the documents to the commissioner for signing, the Director for Urban Planning in the Ministry, Nanmen Gamde gave the breakdown of the housing units to be constructed by each developers and location.

Presenting the document to the contractors, Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Sam Galadima said it was part of governments continued support in the area of housing adding that the gesture was part of effort by the rescue administration towards developing the housing sector for all in the state.

He lauded the developers for partnering with the state government to provide affordable housing units to the people and promised to partnership any contractor that would deliver quality work.

Galadima warned that any contractor that does not live up to expectation would have his or her contract revoked stressing that the government expected quality work from each developer.

Responding on behalf of the contractors, Director and Chief Executive, First Choice Properties Limited, Austine Michael appreciated the state government for having confidence in them and assured the government of quality service.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/08/plateau-state-government-set-to-build.html

Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by omogidi234(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lagos sets the pace. Pray it gets to the hands of those who need them.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by bender79: 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
Where will you get the money??
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Standing5(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
I suggest the housing units are properly planned and executed. That pic up there looks redundant. There should be variation in design, routes for pipes, communication lines(fibre optic) and water, and then security.

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by veekid(m): 6:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Grt! Mr governor
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by ibkgab001: 6:15am On Aug 22, 2016
Cool from the north
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by metalDETECTED(m): 6:15am On Aug 22, 2016
Govt. & Lies be like .... now where is that our popular picture? undecided undecided
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Consultville(m): 6:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by LilSmith55(m): 6:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Another way to embezzle money... Okay Kwantinu
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Welcome Development
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Niyil: 6:28am On Aug 22, 2016
Wow thats much o
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by samx4real(m): 6:28am On Aug 22, 2016
bender79:

Abeg help me ask them undecided
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by samx4real(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2016
LilSmith55:
Another way to embezzle money... Okay Kwantinu

Exactly
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Firerising(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2016
I just wish this will work....the thing look like lie...maybe the current administration will start it but the next one will abandon it...I don tire for Nigeria
cryI just wish this will work....the thing look like lie...maybe the current administration will start it but the next one will abandon it...I don tire for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by samx4real(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2016
Shay the house go employ people?
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by free2ryhme: 6:33am On Aug 22, 2016
Lies

After 4 years everything go turn ghost
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by idee91: 6:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Misplaced priorities. ......
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Tisham20(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2016
Big lie
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by omogidi234(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2016
free2ryhme:
Lies

After 4 years everything go turn ghost

I think we should cross check from one us who is involved. We shouldn't just conclude that at any point in time it would turn to ghost project.

One of the things we have been doing on this platform is to fight the ills of Nigeria.

So if one of us is involved in a project, we need to encourage them to deliver.

My concern is when completed, can the middle earners be able to buy?

I wish one of us involved all the best.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 22, 2016
My brother works with one of the contractors.

So you people should stop doubting it.

About funding, Jos government is not going to be responsible for all. It's a partnership in which the contractors will realize back their money spent at the long run.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by DankemzI(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2016
Quite Encouraging, hope Minimum wage earners can benefit also
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by madridsta007(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
The most convenient way to siphon money. Either this way or some 'airport' construction project.

And millions, possibly billions will be siphoned.

Building of schools, stocking of libraries, building of manufacturing industries, commissioning of agriculture projects and farms— why our governments do not chase projects that will keep on giving, I do not.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Psalmy2cute(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
metalDETECTED:
Govt. & Lies be like .... now where is that our popular picture? undecided undecided
at your s3rvice

Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by 36STATES: 7:47am On Aug 22, 2016
Nigeria is the only country where you here this type of 419. Do all civil servants live in one area?
Do they go on transfer or not? What of retirement and death? Who pays for this , the tax payers?
What level of civil servants get the buildings?
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Rx350(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2016
This Government sef .... I will I will no dey give woman Belle...
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by gist4kidsblog: 8:05am On Aug 22, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by free2ryhme: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
omogidi234:

I think we should cross check from one us who is involved. We shouldn't just conclude that at any point in time it would turn to ghost project.

One of the things we have been doing on this platform is to fight the ills of Nigeria.

So if one of us is involved in a project, we need to encourage them to deliver.

My concern is when completed, can the middle earners be able to buy?

I wish one of us involved all the best.
You wish one of us is involve

Negodu?
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by Nowenuse: 8:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Wow, may God cause this to be possible in my beautiful state.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by HMZi: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2016
MoU! e fit take 30yrs to finish,trust naija govt,anoda avenue to embezzle..mtcheww
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by CuteTj(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2016
bender79:
Have you not heard of something called PPP - PRIVATE PUBLIC PARTNERSHIP?

Government provides the land, Private investors provides the funds and the people get the service. At the end of the day, everybody goes home happy.
Re: Plateau State Gov. Set To Build 11,880 Housing Units For Civil Servants In Jos by KardinalZik(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2016
Standing5:
I suggest the housing units are properly planned and executed. That pic up there looks redundant. There should be variation in design, routes for pipes, communication lines(fibre optic) and water, and then security.

I stand with you bro. Monotony in over 11,000 housing units is not a good idea at all. There should be variation in the design. Furthermore, utilities must be well provided. In similar vein, there should be "equity and equitabiility" in the delivery of the units to the final consumers. By this, I mean that the middle and low income earners should be the main target of the project.

Overall, though, I am sure that there would be misplacement of priority in the production and distribution of the housing units.

It is however, a good move at closing the housing deficit in Nigeria, and thus solving the soaring housing needs of Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Lands At Oakwood Park Estate, Phase 2, Ibeju Lekki. N1.2M / How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team / SPACIOUS 5 BEDROOM DUPLEX In Ibadan For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.