Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding (5861 Views)

President Buhari Hosts Saraki And Dogara To A Private Dinner / SERAP Asks Dogara And Others To Resign / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by agwom(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
ABUJA – AGAIN, former Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmunin Jibrin has asked Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara to step aside for investigations to commence over alleged padding of the 2016 Budget.

Jibrin in another statement issued yesterday advised the 4 principal officers he accused of padding the budget to quit their positions for a proper investigation to commence by anti-graft agencies.

In the statement Jibrin said “today marks one month since we commenced the struggle to expose budget fraud and wipe out corruption in the House of Representatives.

“It was a month of startling revelations, 30 days of threats and intimidations and 720 hours of fervent struggle to exterminate corruption in the House.

“Although it is a trite that corruption has eaten deep into the nation’s fabric, but the systemic corruption in the House, especially under the corrupt leadership of Yakubu Dogara, is second to none.

“My resolve to champion this cause was borne out of patriotism and desire to complement the present administration’s anti-corruption war from the legislative front.

“We have remained resolute and steadfast despite the blackmail, propaganda and campaign of calumny sponsored by the corrupt Speaker Dogara and his cabal, while ignoring all the allegations raised against them.

“During this period, they have struggled to settle on one single allegation against me or a single reason for “sacking” me that can stand the test of truth. Every day the reason for “sacking” me continues to change.

“The truth remains that Speaker Dogara, Lasun, Doguwa, Ogor and others committed monumental fraud in the 2016 budget which can be prosecuted under our laws. We will explore all legal avenues to ensure that justice is served.

“I have stated severally that Speaker Dogara and the other accused Principal Officers have completely lost the moral ground to continue in their various offices. They should, therefore, reconvene the House immediately and step aside to allow for investigation without interference. Speaker Dogara can not be a judge in his own case, as the legal maxim, nemo judex in parte sua, provides.

“It will be the 10th wonder of the world if Speaker Dogara and the 3 other Principal Officers are allowed to continue in office. It will amount to having a corrupt man and fraudster as Speaker, as no 4 citizen under this dispensation which has zero tolerance for corruption.
“This should go concurrently with wide ranging reforms to restore the glory and honour of the House. Obviously Speaker Dogara lacks the integrity to superintend over such reforms. That is why I keep emphasizing that this whole issue is beyond Speaker Dogara.

“Under Speaker Dogara, corruption in the House has gone nuclear. It is a known fact that legislative investigation is used as avenue to extort money in an organized crime aided and abetted by Mr Speaker.

“This situation has gone so bad that members named such investigations “commercial motions”. “The fact is corruption has become the biggest business in the House under Speaker Dogara and his cohorts.

I” dare say corruption in the House of Representatives today is more than that of the Executive and Judiciary combined. We shall go on and continue to expose corruption and corrupt persons in the House. I have said repeatedly that I will continue this struggle even if Iam alone. I wish to commend the efforts of other comrades and colleagues, especially members of the Transparency and Integrity Group for their courage in standing for the truth. Iam confident that together we shall in the end conquer.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/budget-padding-jibrin-asks-dogara-step-aside/

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Lanretoye(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
it is much more easier for him to commit suicide than to step aside.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by veekid(m): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2016
Is padding an offence?
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Victorakats(m): 8:06am On Aug 22, 2016
The funny thing about this government is that there are so many distractions and no action!
We shall overcome really!

[size=18pt]Relationship, Love, Life and Sex, visit www.amaraofficial.com[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by CriticMaestro: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2016
This jibrin is shouting like he has never eaten tax payers money before...there's no politician in Nigeria that doesn't steal infact that's the motive to join politics...maybe this dogara led house didn't include him in the scam that's y his shouting...Anyway if u want to prosecute some make sure you prosecute all bunch of thieves with no brains leading our country since ages

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2016
Now that the Olympics is over, there is need for another form of distraction to switch people's focus from the economic realities/recession.

Nigeria is a stage play with unending scenes and infinite casts.

The audience will someday very soon run out of patience for the poor rendition and interpretation of the script and demand not only for a refund of funds spent in purchasing the play ticket but also burn down the stage

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2016
PMB is one of the best things that has happened to Nigeria. Without him, we wouldn't have known and heard of budget padding.

BTW, asking a Nigerian politician to resign is like telling Mr Bean to stop being funny.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by anytexy: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2016
OK, next distraction news please. I don tire for this one. APC Scam!
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Untainted007: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2016
All of them na thief. Till date did Saraki stepped down? No, they always see that sit as their heritage, anyway, it was not our election that brought them in but rigging, that's why they go after their own selfish interest alone without putting the citizenery into consideration. All I knw is that one day will be one day where they will be 6fts beneath and all their wealths will not go with them.
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Firefire(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2016
[size=14pt]All Padding Congress - APC[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by UnknownT: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Lol........ “My resolve to champion this cause was borne out of patriotism and desire to complement the present administration’s anti-corruption war from the legislative front. . which yeye patriotism? If you were not removed as chairman appropriation committee, would you have raised This alarm? Yeye dey smell, patriotism my ass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by highwaist: 8:12am On Aug 22, 2016
Dogara/saraki and other politician used inec padded result to win election.they needs padded budget to remain in power and recover election investment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Spells(m): 8:12am On Aug 22, 2016
APC palaver... Isorite
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by skyro(m): 8:12am On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by skyro(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Na wa oh
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by HEARTMANAGER: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Dogoyaro abi na dogari would never step aside even if his children was used as a ransome for him leaving office, he won't. Power corrupt, absolute power corruptly
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by tidal(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
It would be right for APC and Pro APC to support this fight, if they don't have double standards.
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by rickyrex(m): 8:16am On Aug 22, 2016
thought this administration is said to be a saint (corruption free)... Their engine don nock
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by okonja(m): 8:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Dogara goes nowhere...No be NAIJA WE DEY?....Oya tell me what's happening to Saraki case now? grin grin grin
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Sanuzi(m): 8:24am On Aug 22, 2016
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by dpete1: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2016
I hear u o
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Judolisco(m): 8:35am On Aug 22, 2016
APC r playing opposition to their selves is like pdp cast a spell on them
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by GoldenJAT(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2016
nigeria politicians dont resign!
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by NairaMaster1(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2016
This Jibrin is really pained by the sack ooo

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Seyigold1993: 8:42am On Aug 22, 2016
Budget Padding is an act of POLITICAL CACAPHONUS...grin
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Catchfire1: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Hmmm....
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by NaijaFutbol: 8:51am On Aug 22, 2016
Paddy Paddy
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by EdoBoy90(m): 8:53am On Aug 22, 2016
Under Speaker Dogara, corruption in the House has gone nuclear.
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by yahmohy27: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2016
CriticMaestro:
This jibrin is shouting like he has never eaten tax payers money before...there's no politician in Nigeria that doesn't steal infact that's the motive to join politics...maybe this dogara led house didn't include him in the scam that's y his shouting...Anyway if u want to prosecute some make sure you prosecute all bunch of thieves with no brains leading our country since ages
Shut up ,there own is too much
Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by JCKA23: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2016
Jibrin has already dug his political grave, only shouting to remain relevant... be like say the man is confused. his matter is becoming irritating

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Asks Dogara To Step Aside Again Over Budget Padding by Eazybay(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2016
Drama continues

Meanwhile check my signature, visit the thread and make ur choice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cultists! Politicians Showcase Their Cult Signs Publicly / Population Of Foreigners In South Africa By Country / Nigerian Army Deploys Aircraft, Gun Trucks In Search Eastern of Security Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.