Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer (39741 Views)

Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home / I Got A Job Two Months After Service. / My Twin Brother Just Got A Pay Rise In A Micro Finance Bank: Don't Give Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Sllime: 5:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company.

Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

1. How do i improve sales: The sales is so bad that days will pass by and no single decoder sold infact, you can count the number of people who entered the office.

2. Coperation from staff: Unlike the young talented team i worked with, what i have here are unmotivated staffs who believe you cannot tell them anything because they are older than you both inn age and in the business.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by ikbnice(m): 5:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Lalasticlala and mynd44, please move this thread to the front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by stnkembu(m): 5:23am On Aug 22, 2016
They know you're hardworking and they want to see u put in a 110% of yourself to the job.

Since you've realised one of the challenges you'll face - staff. Tell them to give u a new team you can work with if they really want u to succeed.

229 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by mamaafrik(m): 5:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Seach for leadership books and messages ,Just lead humbly and vision centered,we await your testimonies.cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by bellville: 6:07am On Aug 22, 2016
The company believes in your ability. The only snag here is the uncooperative staff. Ask the management for a new team. Then embark on aggressive marketing with your new staff.

Shop for books online. Check my signature.

33 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by spice123(m): 6:33am On Aug 22, 2016
@Sllime I've been in similar case like this but not PayTV. MY ADVICE which worked for me: If you're a strong christian fast for 7 days and on each day, sprinkle anointing oil around the premises. THEN: 1. Get the statistics of previous strategies of sales in the branch 2. Be close to some of the staff who have handled critical sales. N.B don't go around carrying yourself too high. 3. Make a new plan and strategise how customers feel towards your branch and LEAVE THE REST TO GOD TO TAKE CARE.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by donbenedict(m): 6:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Sack every one in there.

Employ me. We'll go paint the town red with decoder.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by eluquenson(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.
It's totally wrong regardless of your relationship with your boss.
1. How do i improve sales: The sales is so bad that days will pass by and no single decoder sold infact, you can count the number of people who entered the office.
Apply your own strategy used at your former branch or you engage the company to do promo for the customers in that locality + market survey
2. Coperation from staff: Unlike the young talented team i worked with, what i have here are unmotivated staffs who believe you cannot tell them anything because they are older than you both inn age and in the business.
Play along with them for a while, if they are rigid to adapt to your style of approach to work, request for good hands or probably recommend a staff to be redeployed.

9 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2016
Have you heard of sales promotion? That's the key. I do tell people that in business, promotion is what matters most. If it's shit you sell, with great promotion, you'll make good money. On the other side, If you have a great product and you can't promote effectively, your business will die. Let me stop here.

6 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by LarryBeryl(m): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2016
Where is the location of the firm? With whom are you competing? the exposure of the occupant about your product?...... before you answer those questions you have to do a kind of under g survey and know why the product haven't been selling. Your personality too.... how's that?

It takes God's grace and human effort to succeed. try to answer those questions and I think from there you will know what next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by onismate: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2016
God is your muscle. You need technical strategies that is workable and work out for you. Just like some has said, how did you get your former branch to be more engrossed in your products! Do the same with this your new branch.
For the staff, if you can't cope with their attitude request for capable hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2016
sorry Bro, maybe u cited in ur C.V that u love accepting challenge....try ur best, true test of a man is where he stands in terms of adversity not comfort. I'll advice u do some reading on advert and human behavior ...to ur success

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by abdeiz(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2016
mamaafrik:
Seach for leadership books and messages ,Just lead humbly and vision centered,we await your testimonies.cheers
Op you have sense to come here seeking advice. Already I've seen some great pieces given by experienced people above me. I have nothing to add because I believe you already know what to do but just need people's confirmation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2016
OP For you to succeed the position you are assigned should be defined and that will only work when you are the new head of the branch, which puts you on the position to make decision and direct the ship.

1 Like

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by onward4life(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company. Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

Freshening ur staff will go Along way. Educate them to give potential market reasons to own and service ur brand not ur staff giving you excuses for not selling .request for promo price and price slash by ur company. because at times like this remember that the lower the price the higher the.....!!! And again set ur enter sales team on targets just in case u get the go ahead to slash prices...establish a strong connection between your repeat customers and direct sales..if the company where to be in abuja I wud have asked u to employ me for advise.. thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Raphael007(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company. Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

I just sent u a pm

1 Like

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2016
With dedication, prayer, and hard work. Nothing is impossible..

As long a people are residing there, you can make it..

Just promo of the product is needed, and pronto, thing will turn around..

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Fidelismaria: 10:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Follow d above mentioned Advice
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by theokoliz: 10:30am On Aug 22, 2016
firstly understand the staffs there, highlight the rigid ones and transfer em to other branch, get few new faces in there and you can get started.

1 Like

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Affable0709(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Be Calm, Your Time Will Come !
Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."
Some one is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.
Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !
Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.
Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',
People can have things worked out only according to their pace.
Work in your “time zone”.
Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
May be some might "seem" behind you.
Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours!
Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …
You are not early ... you’re very much On time!
*RESPECT YOUR TIME ZONE*`

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by dahmie2013: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Op, engage d help of d Holy Spirit, fast & pray 4 3 days, asking him 2 give u strategies on how 2 revive d sales & Wisdom. I remember a testimony of a brother, whose company was going down & he told dem nothing goes down in my church, let's fast & pray 4 3days & dat was it. D doors began 2 open, wen he was 2 leave d MD pleaded with him, gave him a car & an offer 2 be amongst d mgt team of d coy.
D Holy Spirit is a Person & shows us things 2 come. Believe me, ur company will value u more if u're able 2 accomplish it.
First, see it as possible, cos with God nothing shall be impossible. Let ur Faith come alive.
It is well!

4 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
The innocence of youth. You're being punished as a precursor to getting the sack and you still want to impress?
Newsflash: Your boss hates your guts and he would fire you straight up if he wasn't trying to kill your spirit first.
"Go and sell our Chinese pay-TV in the remotest area with epileptic power and next to zero motivation/resources. And if somehow you manage to bring in subscribers, well I'll still fire you and keep the new customers. You little shît."

Nigerian bosses are vindictive tin gods and the only way to keep them happy is to keep sucking up. If you start to get airs above your station, they are understandably slighted and they do not forget. Performance be damned.

7 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
But where is Lalasticlala sef undecided

Madam, its the economy created by APC, the situation is bad.

You can not change this situation. The market is bad.

In short, I would urge you to forget any incentives or increment on your salary due to the market conditions caused by PMB. His APC government has destroyed any prospects. Just pray for your monthly salary. Outside is dry embarassed

Useless government angry

3 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by henrydadon(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
grin

I swear to GOD I did not understand what I just read

How the hell did this make it to front page.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by yeyeboi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
All the people above my comment said it all but as for me.

You got what you wanted so enjoy
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by henrydadon(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Keneking:
But where is Lalasticlala sef undecided

Looking for snake thread grin
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by emmyid(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
I dnt have anything to say. I jejely walk out of thread like a prince that I am...OP, I wish U al d best!
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Landloard01(m): 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Study the situation of that area, gather key information as much as possible. device a promotional strategy... you can do this by creating something out of existing nothing..., I see you becoming the branch manager.... Thank me later.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
surely u can turn things around with good strategy.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by SPG4U(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Why not start your own business, put up your own skills into your business, be your own boss and see yourself grow, you will be glad you did

I can help you set up a profiting business, if you dont mind, at no cost...

2 Likes

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Youngzedd(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company.

Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

Firstly, tell yourself that you can do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / G.i.s Geographic Information Systems / Here Is What Different Berets Mean In The Nigerian Air Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.