Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer (39739 Views)

Lady Who Just Got A Job Reveals What Happens To Her Each Time She Gets Home / I Got A Job Two Months After Service. / My Twin Brother Just Got A Pay Rise In A Micro Finance Bank: Don't Give Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by chimaobinelson(m): 7:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
oga,the target is a managerial position, so start thinking like a manager,see beyound those ppl age,n imvoke odas,mk dem sit up,let ur marketers go fr awareness into mrkets, print barners,broadcasting houses can epp u..since u aimed at resurcitating
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by jay7(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Just believe you can do it and i believe with dedication and prayer everything will be ok
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Toyincash1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
U can apply the 5 P's of Marketing. Place, people, price, product, promotion.
Kindly read more on this.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by seliaju(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
The reward for work is more work. Develop an intrinsic marketing model that will suit your environment and also gather the workforce and share ur perspectives with them.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by indomitable234: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
i recommend Jim Collins book for you Good to Great , thank me latter
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Bensam5060(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
sorry I want to be a little bit spiritual hear, I think you go in with the God factor. embark on a prayer and fasting on your own and then holding devotion centered on priase and worship with all the workers every morning before the start of business. with that things will turn around for good.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Ligxy(f): 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
Don't just work your heart out only for a promotion. Build yourself and grow your potentials. Your boss will use you till you're old and tired. They see what you can offer, they'll suck it out of you. I can bet my left nose that they'll make you a branch manager of another new branch after bringing this particular one back to life. That's what bosses do.
Grow yourself and be your own boss.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by fabianiweka: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
i hope that what you just post is true
cause i don't post on trend i just read
i would say that you ve already been promoted rather to wine pls. be proactive how to be is to follow this simply step
1.go and thank your boss for the opportunity he gave to you to make impact
2.find out why your staff are feeling that way
by calling a weekly meeting listen to them and to push sale for now .
motive them by putting a competition among them it is call divide and rule
i will stop here if you need more here is my contact.07066555494
okeyfabianzo@gmail.com
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by cyborg1(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:

How do i improve sales and
Staffs cooperation?
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

1. Assume it is your personal business. Therefore, nobody should stand on your way. That's how Steve Jobs surmount incompetent staffs and shine with his Apple iProducts.

2. Re-assess them to ensure that all of them are grounded in every possibilities of the product they are marketing, so they can convince customers with the unique features of your product and not to tantalise customers with impossible features not available on the product(s).

3. Ensure that your customer relation officer(s) are equal to the product demanding reports of your customers. And most importantly, as friendly as possible, no matter the pressure.

If you are so soft on those staffs that are already looking on top of your head, they will surely laugh at you when you fail.
If however you succeed, you would be in better position to share all the goodies you can afford among them to put smiles on their faces.
So, start suspending and penalising as though as you could, for the start. Thank you.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company.

Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

1. How do i improve sales: The sales is so bad that days will pass by and no single decoder sold infact, you can count the number of people who entered the office.

2. Coperation from staff: Unlike the young talented team i worked with, what i have here are unmotivated staffs who believe you cannot tell them anything because they are older than you both inn age and in the business.

Get them to employ me as one of the new team then let's show them what new generation graduates with brain can pull wink
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by cletty: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
For the disloyal staff, you need to exercise your powers as the boss. By the time one or two receive suspension without pay, others will sit up and accord you the needed respect. Age doesn't count in the work place
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by chisky02: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
You have to work hard, Tupac said pain is love phyno said no gut no glory, some one built that branch where you made your career then revive that branch assigned to you and be a branch manager stop complaining.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Sllime: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
donbenedict:
Sack every one in there.

Employ me. We'll go paint the town red with decoder.

Thanks, but i do not have the power to sack people for now.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Sllime: 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phinity318:
sorry Bro, maybe u cited in ur C.V that u love accepting challenge....try ur best, true test of a man is where he stands in terms of adversity not comfort. I'll advice u do some reading on advert and human behavior ...to ur success

Yes you are correct, its on my CV. Could that possibly be the reason?
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Sllime: 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Raphael007:

I just sent u a pm

Seen. Sent u a reply. Check your mail.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by donbenedict(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:

Thanks, but i do not have the power to sack people for now.
but you do have the power to make a recommendation.

Look let me tell you. You are unsure abt the people who are working in that branch, and I can see that for a fact, but what I really want to let you know is this. You need a drive. You need resilience. You need me.

The linkedin name is Ihekweazu Ikenna Benedict
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by JANDRENTPR: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:
Hello nairalanders, i need your suggestions. I work with one of the leading paytelevison companies in Nigeria. I might not be able to mention name for image sake. I got the job few months after my graduation and i can say i put in more than a 100% in the job. I worked with a team of young graduates and our branch recorded the highest decoder sales ever made by the company.

Fast forward to 2016, i reminded my boss that my promotion is due and he pulled the trigger.I arrived work on this faithful day and saw a letter, with joy i opened the letter expecting the obvious. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I have been transferred to the company's worst branch. Infact, the company had considered closing the branch down last year. With anger and frustration, i stormed into my boss office to know why i got a transfer intead of a promotion letter, he told me the comapny has charged me with a responsibility of reviving the branch after a year. If i do this successfully, i will be made the branch manager. Upon enquiry, i realised that the branch manager was sacked due to fund and mismanagement issues. I have accepted the offer but on arrival i realised that the condition was far worse than i anticipated. Therefore i seek advise on the following pressing challenges because i believe when we share ideas, we help each other:

1. How do i improve sales: The sales is so bad that days will pass by and no single decoder sold infact, you can count the number of people who entered the office.

2. Coperation from staff: Unlike the young talented team i worked with, what i have here are unmotivated staffs who believe you cannot tell them anything because they are older than you both inn age and in the business.

My advice for you is that tell your boss to put all what he promised in black and white so, that your frustration will not be double-double when you finish this task.
Secondly, engaged the staff and know what is their problems and what motivates them. Be friendly and praise them where necessary. Attribute the success to your staff and let your praise come from their mouth.
Engage in product promotion ( know the financial capability of the residents) and structure it to suit their income.
Do follow up your customers and treat their feedback with due diligence.
Lastly, pray without ceasing. It's well with you.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Raphael007(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sllime:

Seen. Sent u a reply. Check your mail.
I didn't see ur mail bro
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by HASSANAASIA(f): 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
wink cheesy
donbenedict:
Sack every one in there.

Employ me. We'll go paint the town red with decoder.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by bond007i(m): 12:43am On Aug 23, 2016
If I have details of where the branch is, occupation of the adults there I could help with marketing strategies. If you have a house there I can come and spend a week there and see what strategies can be put in place... Don't worry its not like you're employing me o. Just pay my tf and I'm fine.

Would also arrange a short training for your staff. if after three months sales don't increase you should consider writing to the head office to sack the weak links there... candid words of a Business Developer.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by thomwell: 12:44am On Aug 23, 2016
stnkembu:
They know you're hardworking and they want to see u put in a 110% of yourself to the job.

Since you've realised one of the challenges you'll face - staff. Tell them to give u a new team you can work with if they really want u to succeed.

The truth is hard work pays but "the result for hard work is more work".

In this case, get a new team with can do spirit aim for gold. Don't forget that ones you succeed here, more work still awaits you.

Good luck.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by naijafeminist: 1:36am On Aug 23, 2016
eluquenson:

It's totally wrong regardless of your relationship with your boss.

Apply your own strategy used at your former branch or you engage the company to do promo for the customers in that locality + market survey

Play along with them for a while, if they are rigid to adapt to your style of approach to work, request for good hands or probably recommend a staff to be redeployed.

He is not wrong to demand a well deserved promotion from his boss. He simply knows his worth. Even an HR expert will advice you to do that when necessary. Don't ever short change yourself just because your want to look humble.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by tunwumi: 4:42am On Aug 23, 2016
The only reward for a well done job is more job. This is a test and a challenge for you. Stand up to it and you boss might be standing up from his/her sit for you. However, you should learn to humble yourself in your achievement.

Sllime:

Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 23, 2016

I can help with publicity and advertising.

don't wait for them to enter your office. take your office to there door steps.

Build a new team.

we can do a partnership owenie404@gmail.com.

thank me later.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by modified(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
you were transferred from a station to another, so can they be transferred for you to get the desired and motivated team. For now keep the bossy attitude off, psychologically manipulate them and don't be dishing out orders rather undertake task yourself. For the sales your company should do a review on the marketing platform of the branch, juice it up with promo, buy a decoder and get something for free plus the free subscription that comes with it. Bye and good luck
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by modified(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2016
you were transferred from a station to another, so can they be transferred for you to get the desired and motivated team. For now keep the bossy attitude off, psychologically manipulate them and don't be dishing out orders rather undertake task yourself. For the sales your company should do a review on the marketing platform of the branch, juice it up with promo, buy a decoder and get something for free plus the free subscription that comes with it. Bye and good luck.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by cyber5(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2016
This is serious o
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Elsquidme(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2016
recommend to your oga at the top to transfer all the old staffs and bring in new and agile ones. you cannot turn around a branch yourself without help and teamwork. if the are not helping matters they should be taken to other branches and new ones to replace them.
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sllime:

Yes you are correct, its on my CV. Could that possibly be the reason?
Perhaps
Re: I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer by whoisuche: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sllime:

Fast and pray God will surely lift you up. Make sure u live a righteous life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria / Here Is What Different Berets Mean In The Nigerian Air Force / G.i.s Geographic Information Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.