Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears (37221 Views)

Married Zimbabwean Man's Manhood Disappears After Sex With Girlfriend / Husband Disappears As Wife Gives Birth To Twins In Abuja / 2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by lastmessenger: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
She probably voted the snail president aka dullard

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by jejemanito: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by jerryunit48: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Jesus
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Sweetcollins: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
I command your feet to locate your home with divine speed in the name of Jesus
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by heinrichy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Where ar d name checkers wink
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by mrsjohnney: 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Seriously
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by malosky79(m): 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
iwaeda:
She had complained to a relative that her business had gone bad due to the exchange rate and that her debts had risen beyond redemption.
Tension has heightened over the disappearance of a mother of three and single parent, Olubunmi Uko.

Uko, a businesswoman, reportedly walked out of her home last Friday evening with her last child, identified as Seun. She reportedly woke up her other children and informed them that she was going to visit someone.
The older children, Iyiola and Toni, allegedly woke up later to find a suicide note written by their mother.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Folu, told Vanguard: “She addressed the suicide note to her children, her mother and to any other person concerned. She said nobody should bother to look for her, that she was going to jump into the river and end it all.
“She said she was tired of life. She also said that by the time the letter would be seen, she would have ended inside the belly of a shark.
“She had always complained of dwindling business due to high exchange rate. At a point, she complained that she owed people and had no means to pay back. She also said that she borrowed half a million naira to offset the loan, but decided to use it on her business with the hope to realise some gain, but that the money ended up sinking in the business.”
Vanguard gathered that prayer sessions are ongoing at different prayer centres for her safe return.
Another relative, Mimnimah Uko, who identified the missing woman as her cousin-in-law, wondered why she would allow herself to be overwhelmed by the issues of life to the extent of taking such decision as solution.
The relative said: “Our prayer is for God to have mercy by ensuring her safe return and that of her son, Seun. We are imploring Nige-rians to please join us to pray.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/recession-woman-kills-self/

living above ur means.....d consequences
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Elkay3: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
And that's really interesting...suicide? For the low patronage or d debts? Imagine.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Domnick(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni.
what makes you think leaving the country will make things better for you. nigerians and thier small brains.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by gebest: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
she will return
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni.

Visa wey dem dey deny people like say tomorrow no dey!!?

#dem no dey give visa again
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by yorke1: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Blame the dullard they called the Presido for the woman predicament. A president that lack vision and common sense. SMH for bubu

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by sunnyside16(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
If u take this govt to head USA after Obama, they will kill US economy and blame obama.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Belovedmide: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
She is not yet dead until proven by her corpse. She only disappeared. May be for other business like running away and expecting nobody to look for her.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
If this had happened during Jonathan 's time, APC will make Nigerians never forget their suffering. Sahara reporters will write a piece describing how pdp economy failure led a promising Nigeria to early grave. Now that apc is in charge, if you dare bring up her plight to apc, then will term here corrupt person who could not cope with Chain. Allah, sango, amadiora, ayelala, onitshakudi, udele and the rest will do better collabo for apc head and any body that supports this nonsense change

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
It is the beginning of the end. Brace up my people. Don't let anyone lie to you, the future is bleak, I have never seen the price of anything in Nigeria coming down once it goes up, so don't expect the price of dollars to ever come down. We are a poor African country now, with so many hungry people all over the streets. There is no day I don't see people complaining and begging.

We deserve the President we got. I hope those who started trekking for Buhari can now trek cos of lack of transport fare. It was sign of things to come.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Miles300: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pidggin:
Hmm this hardship is real many people cannot afford the kind of lifestyle they were living less than 24 months ago, this is sad
my brother is a terrible situation in this danm nation , sucide is never a solution but depression can make one do it .. Just d other I withdrew 100k equivalent in local currency where am based , I only withdrew 50k equivalent and the bank took the other half I almost fainted .. Naira has lost it's value big time

4 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by oglalasioux(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
She simply relocated. Smart woman.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Orikinla(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
May Almighty God JEHOVAH help us all.
What are our churches doing to help suffering people in socioeconomic crisis in Nigeria?
A pastor is buying a new jeep while 90% of members of the church cannot even feed well.

My younger brother lost his job and I engaged him in my film production.
But his majority problem is having a girlfriend who is an economic liability.
Economic liabilities have left many Nigerians in dire straits.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by STPEACE10: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
God please hear our cries, the hardship is becoming unbearable, they said Buhari is not to be blamed, its obvious that we don't have any one to help us in this country, we don't know anyway out from this mess. please God come to our aid.
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by 9jatatafo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sad
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Jacko1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
We need suicide among the north more.... They are the ones dat said do or die bubu must enter power

What is nigeria turning to

3 square meal is now
Garri and ogbono or okro mornin

Garri and groundnut afternoon

Garro and soup again night

Wat is so damn difficult to fix in this economy and u guys stil loot

I liked wen there was lootin but economy was stable

Dan now dey claim no looting. (even though the looting no get part 2) and d economy in shatters

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by dmj4real(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
konnet:
If you are not in Business line...you may not really know how harsh the economy is.with the way things are going,I advice our President to step down but the sad thing is that "he is Ignorant,ill-mannered,untaught, discourteous, uncivil and chief of retrogression"

Buhari Must Step Down... For a Buoyant Economy!!

Den who should take over?? the earlier u wake up from this ur illusion the beta for u

BTW elections are over
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by mjay4luv(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nawao.....is "ori bibe ogun ori fifo ni"? Is breaking of the head, d solution to headache?
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sweetcollins:
I command your feet to locate your home with divine speed in the name of Jesus
if you have the power to command her feet don't you think you should command her debts to be cleared and her business to boom first?

3 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by switmay32(f): 3:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nothing can make me leave my children. What was she thinking?
iwaeda:
She had complained to a relative that her business had gone bad due to the exchange rate and that her debts had risen beyond redemption.
Tension has heightened over the disappearance of a mother of three and single parent, Olubunmi Uko.

Uko, a businesswoman, reportedly walked out of her home last Friday evening with her last child, identified as Seun. She reportedly woke up her other children and informed them that she was going to visit someone.
The older children, Iyiola and Toni, allegedly woke up later to find a suicide note written by their mother.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Folu, told Vanguard: “She addressed the suicide note to her children, her mother and to any other person concerned. She said nobody should bother to look for her, that she was going to jump into the river and end it all.
“She said she was tired of life. She also said that by the time the letter would be seen, she would have ended inside the belly of a shark.
“She had always complained of dwindling business due to high exchange rate. At a point, she complained that she owed people and had no means to pay back. She also said that she borrowed half a million naira to offset the loan, but decided to use it on her business with the hope to realise some gain, but that the money ended up sinking in the business.”
Vanguard gathered that prayer sessions are ongoing at different prayer centres for her safe return.
Another relative, Mimnimah Uko, who identified the missing woman as her cousin-in-law, wondered why she would allow herself to be overwhelmed by the issues of life to the extent of taking such decision as solution.
The relative said: “Our prayer is for God to have mercy by ensuring her safe return and that of her son, Seun. We are imploring Nige-rians to please join us to pray.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/recession-woman-kills-self/

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by 989900: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Depression and hopelessness coupled with debts, is one of the fastest way to suicide, or chronic illnesses.

Most commenters don't get it, and I pray you never do.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by leaderWills(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
ZuzuMan:
Nonsense !!! undecided......Lazy woman !!!

Shebi you are very hard working like the truck pusher, may your income never exceed theirs no matter how much you work,since you think say na by power.
ZuzuMan:
Nonsense !!! undecided......Lazy woman !!!

Shebi you are very hard working like the truck pusher, may your income never exceed theirs no matter how much you work,since you think say na by power.

3 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by longerthroat(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
she is her own problem... single mother of 3! what was she thinking, maybe the 1st was a mistake... she dropped 2nd and 3rd
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by muyiwaojo1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
I pray she finds her way home safely in Jesus name.
On the other hand, it's this economy that's making things so hard for people. No hope whatsoever... It's simply a confused economy.
Recession is normal. America was once in recession too. But what's abnormal is when a nation is in recession and there is no visible plan or effort by the government to check the economy.
In Nigeria so far, no effort is in line by the government to curb this recession. Instead, our government has been quiet, busy running after corrupt people and corruption is still at large.
All we need now is a good economic plan. And our economy will atleast change a little.
Let's diversify and pretend we don't have oil at all, let's cut unnecessary lavish spending, let's cut our lawmakers and other government officials salary, let's give loans to entrepreneurs with little or no interest rate, let's encourage export over import, let's reduce taxes in foreign companies so that more companies will come and invest in out economy... And so on. I believe we have good economicts and if we don't, we can employ from overseas, so that they can plan this economy. Believe me, we have all it takes. We just need able hands..
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Emycord: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
And our dear bulldog is busy eating corn at aso villa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.