Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:19 PM

Ayelala Deity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ayelala Deity (30661 Views)

The True Story Of Ayelala; The Historic Woman Of Courage / Let’s Drop Bible, Qu’ran, But Embrace Sango, Amadioha, Ayelala During Oath-takin / Pope Francis Hosts Feathered Serpent God As Part Of Deity Exchange Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Ayelala is known to be an effective deity that punishes crime of various types. Ayelala is a powerful and widely respected deity because of her capacity and witches caught up in the clutches of Ayelala are known to confess their sins in the open. It could be invoked to unravel the cause of diabolical cause of mysteries.

AYELALA DEIFIED ANCESTOR

Ayelala is a good example of a deified ancestor. The deified ancestors were human beings who had lived extra-ordinary and mysterious lives on earth, so much that when they died they were deified as god.

AYELALA HISTORY

Ayelala was formally a slave woman who was used for sacrifice over the case of adultery. By the time she was about to be killed, she exclaimed Ayelala (the world is terrible).

AYELALA PLACE OF ORIGIN

Ayelala whose place of origin can be traced to the people of Ilaje in Ondo State, Nigeria. This slave woman was made to bear the consequences of the sin of another who had run to take asylum among the Ijaws; an act which caused serious disaffection between the Ijaws and the Ilajes.

Before sacrificing her, a covenant of reconciliation and ritual kinship was made between the Ilajes and Ijaws on the following terms, among others – Ayelala was to kill any member of the parties to the covenant who plans evil against one another; Ayelala was to punish with death, any member of the two groups who practices stealing, sorcery and witchcraft against each other

TYPES OF CRIMES PUNISHED BY AYELALA

There are two types of crimes: namely social and spiritual crimes. Social crimes cover those which upset the societal harmony. Notable among such crimes are adultery, fighting, lying, stealing, ego centrism and similar ones.

Spiritual crimes are viewed with more seriousness. They include: incest, murder, suicide, killing sacred animals, occult killing, witchcraft killing, unmasking and masquerades.

A victim of robbery would go to a shrine and ask the goddess to sanction the culprit in a particular fashion and would promise rewards to the goddess. The culprit, possessed by Ayelala would make his way to the shrine and confess. Most often, series of strange deaths may occur in the culprit’s family.

In 2005, when the Oba market in Benin City went up in flames, the hoodlums in the area had a field day; looting traders belongings in the market and breaking into many shops not affected by the fire were emptied by looters.

However, when a service of Ayelala was employed and the announcement was made that the looters should return the goods they have stolen or face the wrath of Ayelala, the goods earlier carted away resurfaced in the market in the following day. Those that refused to return the goods were killed by Ayelala. Most Benin City dwellers are contented that the looters "got their rewards".

Ayelala may also be placed in an agricultural farm land, Ayelala is often placed in a farm land or plantation to forestall loss of farm products to thieves.

Ayelala infests thieves and trespassers in its domain with mumps – a disease that causes terrible swelling of all body parts. The offender would not get any relief until he confesses and brings back all items stolen from the farm.

Ayelala can be invoked to sanction an oath made between two parties. Oath taking in the traditional sense is a condition where total loyalty or adherences to certain agreement and conditionality is prescribed and administered in the beneficiaries of the agreement and the exercise is usually fetish.

Anyone who has taken such oath will not escape the punishment or sanction of a particular supernatural force or deity if the oath is broken. Oath taking is usually done at the Ayelala’s shrine.

AYELALA DEITY INVOCATION

The process involved in the invocation of Ayelala deity required some material things and processes. To invoke Ayelala deity, there must be a cock or duck, white cloth, seven needles, seven parrot feathers, seven alligator peppers and seven native chalks. All these ingredients will be concealed in the stomach of the cock or duck and wrapped with the white cloth.

The cock will be eventually soaked in the Ayelala water and a curse will be pronounced on the evil doer. When the evil doer is caught by the deity he or she will swell as the cock or duck swells in the water.

Ayelala is highly praised and highly revered.

AYELALA DEITY PRAISES

Praise, praise, praise,

Mother, mother, mother,

The Very mother, the very mother, the very mother.

Hail! Chief of the mothers: the mighty and awesome Queen.

She, who baths in gin like the foreign men,.

She who takes vengeance when the evil – doer has been forgotten,

She, who can never be guilty when she takes action,

May it be so.

AYELALA DEITY POWERS

Ayelala prowess and power is a credit to women folk. However, it should be noted that influence of Ayelala has been seriously limited among the Yoruba people as a result of introducing "civilization".

At various times and in various circumstances, Africa has interacted with the rest of the world. These are in the moments of Trans – Atlantic slave trade, Colonialism, post – colonialism and the present age of current globalization and these have affected, worrisomely, the economies, politics and cultures of the African people.

Civilization is just another concept of domination; imposition of incoming new culture over traditional cultural values. Ayelala values in areas of social justice and social order have been seriously affected by the Western culture and foreign religions.

The cults of Ayelala have been infected with corrupt priests. Ayelala has been alleged of aiding the social problem of human trafficking by supporting the activities of human traffickers in Nigeria. Human traffickers had been alleged of using Ayelala to intimidate their victims to succumb them to the control of their traffickers.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Deity by dalaman: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2016
Madness and dangerous superstition. We need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 2:12am On Aug 23, 2016
dalaman:
Madness and dangerous superstition. We need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.

You can call it madness and dangerous superstition but it is real. I hope my post was educating?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Deity by Thomthom(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Deity by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
Bros sorry to interrupt you on this,but do you have any strong evidence to prove that these things work?

Thank you for the educations.
Re: Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
euromilion:
Bros sorry to interrupt you on this,but do you have any strong evidence to prove that these things work?

Don't be lazy, carry out a simple Ayelala investigation and tell me if my write up was fabricated or not. I will be expecting your Ayelala investigation report and findings
Re: Ayelala Deity by Zenlife: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2016
I am thankful for your knowledge and sharing, been communicated in English for majority to grasp.
Re: Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Noted

Zenlife:
I am thankful for your knowledge and sharing, been communicated in English for majority to grasp.
Re: Ayelala Deity by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 5:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
Babalawos:

You can call it madness and dangerous superstition but it is real. I hope my post was educating?

pls sir,kindly let me have your number and e-mail address for further discussions...
Re: Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
Àború, àboyè,

You can follow me or send me private messages on www.facebook.com/Ifapriests

Babalawos

Ayomidegbenga1:

pls sir,kindly let me have your number and e-mail address for further discussions...
Re: Ayelala Deity by delishpot: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
If I am to mention, I would say her blood was used to invoke the Ayelala deity into the community. She herself may not be revered but the deity her blood was used to invoke. If she was, her original name would have been used.
On the other hand, why kill someone only to turn around and worship them? Or should I say turn them to deities? Not that she died a good death. If they needed some dead person, why not pick a dead ancestor?
What is the logic behind killing and then, deitifying the murdered victim?
Oh and the photos? OMG!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ayelala Deity by easterwick(m): 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ignorants
na today they dey kill inocent people for what they know nothing about why all of them have not deity
once person is dead
is dead and no one knows happen to him or her
i only understand witches the serpent has made god[woman] and [man]
a spiritual person can know them for they alway have name partaining to papa,mama,eve,eva,nana,inana,diana etc meaning father,mother for this people do wake up in their sleep [kingdom of darkness]
traditional people worship them by making any image like stone,stick etc to representing to save them
Even wen they have come back to life[reincarnation]
imagine when a soul has been reincanate and people still worship them claiming they are still in the spiritual world is this not ignorant and witchcraft?
Ayelala is still mother earth [serpent,satan] she is has good side [christianity]and bad side[idolatry] but she is same to all worship on earth
either by different name
diana,mary,astorath,ayelala,sango,oluku etc are pointing to one source WOMAN
this is why the wife of a pastor,prophet,native doctors are the carrier of the power poses[witchcraft] i know people will disagree with me
but i know as ogun uses dog to bring in all this dieties so also woman is the power of the earth as gods
Seek light my people but i dont conderm ur tradition at (op)
i just still say my own
even i is still swimming in the ignorant and deception
Re: Ayelala Deity by cjfbn: 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
Only in Africa.
Re: Ayelala Deity by Babalawos(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2017
Odo to ba gbagbe orison o ma gbe ni: "The spring that forgets its origin will run dry"

easterwick:
Ignorants
na today they dey kill inocent people for what they know nothing about why all of them have not deity
once person is dead
is dead and no one knows happen to him or her
i only understand witches the serpent has made god[woman] and [man]
a spiritual person can know them for they alway have name partaining to papa,mama,eve,eva,nana,inana,diana etc meaning father,mother for this people do wake up in their sleep [kingdom of darkness]
traditional people worship them by making any image like stone,stick etc to representing to save them
Even wen they have come back to life[reincarnation]
imagine when a soul has been reincanate and people still worship them claiming they are still in the spiritual world is this not ignorant and witchcraft?
Ayelala is still mother earth [serpent,satan] she is has good side [christianity]and bad side[idolatry] but she is same to all worship on earth
either by different name
diana,mary,astorath,ayelala,sango,oluku etc are pointing to one source WOMAN
this is why the wife of a pastor,prophet,native doctors are the carrier of the power poses[witchcraft] i know people will disagree with me
but i know as ogun uses dog to bring in all this dieties so also woman is the power of the earth as gods
Seek light my people but i dont conderm ur tradition at (op)
i just still say my own
even i is still swimming in the ignorant and deception

3 Likes

Re: Ayelala Deity by oladele97: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2017
euromilion:

I don't actually believe it's work, there is Ayelala shrine in my place, and have not seen any magic from it. My dad claimed it work when he was younger
Re: Ayelala Deity by orunto27: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for this Expose.
Ayelala is The Yoruba Summary of The various Experiences of JOB as a Son of Man and also of you and I as sons of men.
Re: Ayelala Deity by ibbobla(m): 11:28pm On May 22, 2017
dalaman:

You've a reason to think same, even though it's very real. All I can say is that may we or members of our family not be entrapped in the powers of a strange doctrine... amen.
Re: Ayelala Deity by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
delishpot:
If I am to mention, I would say her blood was used to invoke the Ayelala deity into the community. She herself may not be revered but the deity her blood was used to invoke. If she was, her original name would have been used.
On the other hand, why kill someone only to turn around and worship them? Or should I say turn them to deities? Not that she died a good death. If they needed some dead person, why not pick a dead ancestor?
What is the logic behind killing and then, deitifying the murdered victim?
Oh and the photos? OMG!!!
Yes the Original Deity is Ayelala not the Lady,Ayelala was only used to take vengeance of the said Lady,its looks more of Esu Odara of their land,becasue all Ayelala duties are Esus Duties,maintaining natural laws and order.in the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayelala Deity by delishpot: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2018
uplawal:
Yes the Original Deity is Ayelala not the Lady,Ayelala was only used to take vengeance of the said Lady,its looks more of Esu Odara of their land,becasue all Ayelala duties are Esus Duties,maintaining natural laws and order.in the society.

Ok very valuable lesson in there.
Re: Ayelala Deity by gregyboy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
delishpot:

Ok very valuable lesson in there.

I gues we benins, are now fully aware of the fraudulent history of oromiyan and ife attached to the benin history, my wish is to set our history in the correct path... So we can tell our children the correct history instead of giving them unending arguments, if we allow myths like that of the oromiyan tales that sprang up around early 1900 by the benins for political and cultural benefits from the yoruba people naturalized into our history am sorry but even our own children will one day regard all our history as myth all because it is not connecting to them, and we may also endup loosing them completely to the yorubas too
Lets devoid every benin history from any form of mythicism to safe guard of our true identity, we are benins the oba is a full fledged ancestory benin, forget the games that they are playing with yorubas and the tales of mystical oromiyan it is a political staged myth .... In my next post i will write more on it

The symbol of ayelala is a cross this cross can be found in benin, even before the arrival of the Portuguese among the benin people and even depicted on bronze it is not a Christian cross but an indigenous cross, ayelala is a benin idol just as olokun, and ogboni, they are not new, they are only new to the yoruba people

Watch how the yorubas will start to coin the yoruba etymology of the word ayelala to defend their points, but history is clear enough the cross on the ayelala symbol is that of benin

Pic 1 showing the benin bronze with an hanging cross on his neck

Pic 2, an ayelala shrine in benin

Note : after benin were ayelala is mostly worship the next is ondo and ekiti state were benin descendants can also be found unlike the other parts of yoruba

Aye means the name of the idol, lala means loud

Putting this two together it gives aye-sounding message

Ayellala is used to curse who so ever has stolen, lied, and people that do evi, l no evil doer can step in the shrine of ayelala or even even a wtch..... They will freeze

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Deity by gregyboy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Re: Ayelala Deity by TAO11(f): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2020

7 Likes

Re: Ayelala Deity by gregyboy(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Re: Ayelala Deity by TAO11(f): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
gregyboy:
Ozor she true trur still come
Cry me the world’s oceans! grin

3 Likes

Re: Ayelala Deity by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Babalawos:

So now, it means the deity has been made not to be trustworthy anymore ?
Re: Ayelala Deity by watsonwalk: 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
Re: Ayelala Deity by badboyTee(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2022
It legit I remembered someone stealing a bike from a mechanic workshop they all went to invoke ayelala to put water in the stomach of anyone who stole it and within 3 days na one fine Bobo with him mama come beg the guy stomach was big like rubber the mechanic had to pity them and took him to ijebu where the mama spent close to #250,000 for him to be back to normal

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Deity by Michele35: 2:59am On Aug 16, 2022
I hope everything in this world is more civilized and not old fashioned spin the wheel
Re: Ayelala Deity by mysticwarrior(m): 10:56am On Aug 16, 2022
oladele97:

I don't actually believe it's work, there is Ayelala shrine in my place, and have not seen any magic from it. My dad claimed it work when he was younger
are you saying you father is a liar?
Re: Ayelala Deity by Lighthouse50: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2022
One happened in isheri osun lagos state where a woman's shop was burgled and goods worth millions stolen. The woman cried out that she took loan to buy the goods. Later she consulted some traditionalists and 7 days later, the sky turned briefly dark all of a sudden and there was drizzle, next was a loud thunder strike and 3 men were lying dead at the front of the woman's shop with all the goods on them. It was shocking and everyone was warned not to touch them or the properties. Traditionalists came doing some sacrifices before the woman's goods were restored and police took the corpses away. Is that Ayelala too?

1 Like

Re: Ayelala Deity by mysticwarrior(m): 11:04am On Aug 16, 2022
badboyTee:
It legit I remembered someone stealing a bike from a mechanic workshop they all went to invoke ayelala to put water in the stomach of anyone who stole it and within 3 days na one fine Bobo with him mama come beg the guy stomach was big like rubber the mechanic had to pity them and took him to ijebu where the mama spent close to #250,000 for him to be back to normal
Ayelala is a powerful god of instant justice and vengeance, once it is invoked death comes knocking on the door step of whoever is guilty.
Re: Ayelala Deity by haroldengli: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2023
The above picture is so scaring. I hope there is no one facing this situation and angry gran community can help more the poor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / Bishop Oyedepo's Curse On Boko Haram Has Started Working / John Macarthur's 2013 Strange Fire Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.