Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

- Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (4656 Views)

What Happens When Your Course..is Nt Accredited? / Pls Which Course Can I Study With This Result / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by olaajilaran(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2016
Re: by phaamsaam: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lool...pharmacy is more complex than med n surge.,.that says it all..from experience...biochem is about 5-10% of pharmacy...
Re: by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
1-chlorocyclopentene
Re: by davbravo(m): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
pharmacy is far harder than Biochemistry, you have no idea of the rate at which students repeat or are withdrawn from pharmacy on a yearly basis.... the pass mark for some pharmacy courses is 60% and the remaining courses are 50%....but for biochemistry it's just 40%........minimum cgpa in other not to be withdrawn from pharmacy is 3.0 but for biochemistry 1.0-1.5.....I can go on and on........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by incrediboooh(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
smileyDIFFICULTY=>pharm 60% : 40% Bch......nd BTW biochemistry is jex a part in pharmacy cool

2 Likes

Re: by abuabdrahman(m): 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
20132014:
1-chlorocyclopentene
Seriously?. Recheck pls
Re: by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
abuabdrahman:

Seriously?. Recheck pls
correct me please.
Re: by davbravo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
20132014:
correct me please.
I think it's 1-cyclohexane......
Re: by ayox1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
chlorobenzene.

2 Likes

Re: by GdexFolami(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
davbravo:
I think it's 1-cyclohexane......
lol see person wey dey correct person, na chlorobenzene
Re: by emilfischer(m): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
GdexFolami:
Those guys won't kill me with they can't even differentiate btw an aromatic compound and a cyclic aliphatic compound
Re: by emilfischer(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
By the way if we should rate by the workload of both courses I will tell you that biochemistry is more difficult. By the time you try to memorize all the pathways you will know what am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: by pxemma100: 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
emilfischer:
By the way if we should rate by the workload of both courses I will tell you that biochemistry is more difficult. By the time you try to memorize all the pathways you will know what am talking about.
.jokessss
Re: by davbravo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
GdexFolami:
Abeg, me I've forgotten all this chemistry... I meant chlorohexane... wasn't sure... that's why I said I think ...thanks for the correction
Re: by davbravo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
emilfischer:

Those guys won't kill me with they can't even differentiate btw an aromatic compound and a cyclic aliphatic compound
I'm not even studying anything related to organic chemistry
Re: by emilfischer(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
pxemma100:
.jokessss
Guy trust me buy the time u offer metabolic pathway in your 300l as a biochemist u will understand.

2 Likes

Re: by olaajilaran(m): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
emilfischer:

Guy trust me buy the time u offer metabolic pathway in your 300l as a biochemist u will understand.

kindly drop your WhatsApp number and let me add you.emilfischer
Re: by Irenemmeso(f): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Pharmacy is harder
Re: by bigboy1010: 12:55am On Aug 25, 2016
To compare BCH with Pharmacy is like comparing a father with his 2yrs old boy.
Pharmacy is harder
Re: by davbravo(m): 4:21am On Aug 25, 2016
emilfischer:

You're only saying so because you're studying biochemistry( the simplicity of a course depends on the individual )........ But if only you can study both Pharmacy and Biochemistry, then you'll know...... I'm very sure some biochemistry students won't even be able to cope with 200level pharmacy courses ( which are just the introductory aspects) not to talk of 300, 400 and 500level.........
Re: by GdexFolami(m): 6:04am On Aug 25, 2016
emilfischer:

lol o see u my sister studies biochem ,the course simple die compared to pharm.Sho fe ma fiku worun ni.biochem is BMS pharm is clinicals, its just like comparing anatomy or physiology to medicine or internal surgery. bro its not done buh any course is simple sha its depends on your level of seriousness nd God.thanks
Re: by olaajilaran(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2016
if you are studying pharmacy or biochemistry, or you know anybody studying the either of the two courses.
kindly drop your WhatsApp number.
Re: by emilfischer(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Re: by emilfischer(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2016
olaajilaran:

Re: by emilfischer(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2016
olaajilaran:

08154277705 Or 08149253195
Re: by emilfischer(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2016
davbravo:
You're only saying so because you're studying biochemistry( the simplicity of a course depends on the individual )........ But if only you can study both Pharmacy and Biochemistry, then you'll know...... I'm very sure some biochemistry students won't even be able to cope with 200level pharmacy courses ( which are just the introductory aspects) not to talk of 300, 400 and 500level.........
Like you said the simplicity of the cause depends on the individual which I know is very correct. I have a friend who studies pharmacy in uniben he is in 200l going to 300l I have seen some of courses and their materials like pharm Chem, pharmacology,pharmaceutical technology and others and I can tell you they are not as difficult as the course I did like functional biochemistry (bch220) not to talk of the metabolic pathway (bch320) am going to do in my 300l level. This guy am telling you about even knows what am saying is true because he transferred from bch to pharm.
Re: by SIMPLIFIED(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Biochemistry is difficult but doesn't come close to pharmacy, many biochemistry student who are taking pharmacy as second degree will attest to that. Biochemistry is a major component of pharmacy, is like comparing anatomy to medicine, anatomy is a fractional part of medicine, you can't say a state is bigger than the country which it is part of.. Bch is like northern part of Nigeria while adding the southern states makes it pharmacy.
Is like when Microbiology student think they are at par with medlab forgetting they did just a fraction of what medlab entails

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Irenemmeso(f): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2016
SIMPLIFIED:
Biochemistry is difficult but doesn't come close to pharmacy, many biochemistry student who are taking pharmacy as second degree will attest to that. Biochemistry is a major component of pharmacy, is like comparing anatomy to medicine, anatomy is a fractional part of medicine, you can't say a state is bigger than the country which it is part of.. Bch is like northern part of Nigeria while adding the southern states makes it pharmacy.
Is like when Microbiology student think they are at par with medlab forgetting they did just a fraction of what medlab entails
what of pharmacy and medicine? Which one is harder
Re: by SIMPLIFIED(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2016
Advise to all aspirants, Nigeria is still a f××ked up nation with little or no place for the pure biological sciences plus the basic medical sciences (anatomy, physiology and medbch ) except for those planning to return as lecturers or go into general sector like finance which absorbs anyone with a degree but if you want to pursue a carrer in your field of undergraduate study better take up professional medical courses (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy,medlab, nursing, physiotherapy,radiography and optometry ). I almost opted for Microbiology without any knowledge of what it entails but later changed through the advice of someone, Do your research very well before taking any decision.
Re: by SIMPLIFIED(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2016
Irenemmeso:
what of pharmacy and medicine? Which one is harder
both are difficult and can be adjudged to be at the same level. Some pharmacists cum medical doctors when asked this will say their pharmacy progrmame was more difficult but it is usually due to the fact that they have already passed through pharmacy so medicine wouldn't be as difficult as it seems to someone who is just fresh into the medical field. So there is no standard yardstick to judge the too, medicine is more broader and voluminous but pharmacy more complex and technical.

1 Like

Re: by davbravo(m): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
emilfischer:

Like you said the simplicity of the cause depends on the individual which I know is very correct. I have a friend who studies pharmacy in uniben he is in 200l going to 300l I have seen some of courses and their materials like pharm Chem, pharmacology,pharmaceutical technology and others and I can tell you they are not as difficult as the course I did like functional biochemistry (bch220) not to talk of the metabolic pathway (bch320) am going to do in my 300l level. This guy am telling you about even knows what am saying is true because he transferred from bch to pharm.
okay, if you say so
Re: by Irenemmeso(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
SIMPLIFIED:
both are difficult and can be adjudged to be at the same level. Some pharmacists cum medical doctors when asked this will say their pharmacy progrmame was more difficult but it is usually due to the fact that they have already passed through pharmacy so medicine wouldn't be as difficult as it seems to someone who is just fresh into the medical field. So there is no standard yardstick to judge the too, medicine is more broader and voluminous but pharmacy more complex and technical.
ok thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Wins N9m On Betking, Plans To Spend It On School Fees (Photo) / Which Animal Be This Edakun / Nabteb 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.