Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies (244212 Views)

Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Fresh Graduate Officers 11 Recruitment At Federal Inland Revenue Service(firs) / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by embassyrich(f): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2016
What list are u talking abt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Yaasir(m): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
The recruitment is on hold for now. It will most likely continue by first week of December but the bulk of the interview part will take place in January. As per the number, the 500 people to be recruited on merit still stand until otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by moshmod101(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello house,how can I retrieve my details on the Firs portal or the ref number after successful registration... any help will be appreciated....
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Joyintwos(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
moshmod101:
Hello house,how can I retrieve my details on the Firs portal or the ref number after successful registration... any help will be appreciated....
Check your mail, the ref number was sent together with the confirmation.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by moshmod101(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
Joyintwos:
Check your mail, the ref number was sent together with the confirmation.
Thanks...done that but couldn't find the mail...the only mail I can lay my hand on is the Dear Applicant

Your registration on the FIRS recruitment portal was successful.
To continue your application, Click here to confirm your email
and I really need the applicant ID badly now!!
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Joyintwos(m): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
moshmod101:

Thanks...done that but couldn't find the mail...the only mail I can lay my hand on is the Dear Applicant

Your registration on the FIRS recruitment portal was successful.
To continue your application, Click here to confirm your email
and I really need the applicant ID badly now!!
Maybe you've deleted it, that mail up there was the one sent before filling the application, try check your junk/trash. Maybe others will have other means of retrieving it.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Monicks: 6:24am On Nov 29, 2016
moshmod101:
Use a PC to access your emails. Go through the following mail folders as the case may apply to yours: Inbox, Junk, Spam, Trash/Trashed, Delete/Deleted and Others

If you hadn't been checking your application status when the View Window was still wide open, then there's a problem.

If you had not seen/ written / snapshot/ printed/ noted/ saved or secured your application details immediately after registration, then there's bigger problem

If you can't find the confirmation mail anywhere in your mail Inbox or Spam or Junk, there's a strong indication that your registration was unsuccessful.

But why now? I think I'm getting to see why this exercise is on hold. God help us.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Theolink(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
Who else received this?
Dear applicant, With reference to your application,
You are hereby invited for an Assessment, Oral and Written test interview followed by the job duties and specifications. on NOV 28 BY 9AM. With ACR. No 95, Fadeyi b/stop, Fadeyi road,Fadeyi, Lagos.
More details has been sent to your mail
Be punctual.
I don't know what these people are into. I live in Abuja and so we reschedule the assessment for December 2nd, 2016. Is it worth leaving Abuja to Lagos for? I applied online . For Accounting or customer service job.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by jubril247: 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Theolink:
Who else received this?
Dear applicant, With reference to your application,
You are hereby invited for an Assessment, Oral and Written test interview followed by the job duties and specifications. on NOV 28 BY 9AM. With ACR. No 95, Fadeyi b/stop, Fadeyi road,Fadeyi, Lagos.
More details has been sent to your mail
Be punctual.
I don't know what these people are into. I live in Abuja and so we reschedule the assessment for December 2nd, 2016. Is it worth leaving Abuja to Lagos for? I applied online . For Accounting or customer service job.

You better run for your life . . . GNLD

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by cellin: 2:02am On Dec 01, 2016
Senate probes FIRS, NPA, others for alleged fraud

The Senate yesterday  resolved to probe alleged misuse, under remittance and other fraudulent practices in the collection and accounting of internally generated revenue (IGR) by revenue generating agencies.

The probe, the Senate agreed, will cover all revenue generating agencies including the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), Nigerian Customs Service and others. It will cover between 2012 and this year.

The resolution followed the adoption of a motion which prayed the upper chamber to “constitute a high powered ad-hoc committee to investigate the alleged misuse, under remittance/non remittance and other fraudulent practices in the collection, accounting, remittance and expenditure of internally generated revenue by all revenue generating agencies of government from 2012 to 2016.”

A six-member panel of investigators to be headed by Senator Solomon Adeola, (Lagos West) was mandated to submit its report to Senate in plenary in six weeks.

Senator Adeola who sponsored the motion in his lead debate noted that Section 80,subsection 1-4 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly stipulated that all revenue, moneys raised or received shall be paid as consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation.

He further noted that the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007 was enacted to ensure transparency, accountability and prevent corrupt practices in relation to public revenues and expenditure.

The lawmaker said  he was aware that Section 21 -23 of the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007 clearly limited  corporations, agencies and government-owned companies listed in the Schedule to the Act to the expenditure of only a fifth of its operating surplus with the balance paid to the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government.

He expressed concern that the Acting Chairman of Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Mr. Victor Muruako on November 8 this year “raised the alarm over leakages in revenue and remittances which he said has assumed alarming proportion in the last five years with some Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) producing two different statement of accounts in an attempt to manipulate their operating surpluses and losses.”

Adeola said he was also aware that at “the last National Economic Council meeting, the Federal Government specifically accused  revenue generating agencies of raising over N1.5 trillion and expending over 90 per cent on recurrent expenditure mostly in paying bloated salaries and controversial allowances above Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Committee, monetisation of medical allowances, unapproved overseas travels, lavish training allowances and excessive personal loan approval all amounting to financial misconducts.

He expressed worry that “these corporations, agencies and government-owned companies have over the years grossly violated the letters of the 1999 Constitution and the Fiscal Responsibility Act in relation to their revenue generation activities and expenditure.”

Adeola said various audit queries against the agencies over the years further indicated possible mismanagement of public funds against the spirit of the constitution and Fiscal Responsibility Act.

According to him, it is a matter of concern that in view of Federal Government dwindling revenue from the traditional crude oil sector and the on- going recession, “these government bodies continue to short change government of needed revenue through various illegal practices.”
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by tosmos767: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
House , what's going on about FIRS RECRUITMENT
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by adejaredavid: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
Notice!
If you apply for police recruitment, the list is out. Visit
www.psc.gov.ng

Peace!
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Abbey2878(m): 5:28am On Dec 12, 2016
any gud news from FIRS?
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Jerryojozy(m): 9:38am On Dec 12, 2016
jejely waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Edifyer: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2016

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by youdontknowme: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2016
Let's see what happens next...
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by ibrostar: 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2016
Has anybody heard anytin concerning the shortlist of applicants?
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Eigaso: 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
*FIRS ongoing recruitment is for Tax officers comprising of
500 out of 1250, the
remaining 750 will cover HR general admin, tribunal More
office of FIRS are being built
at present in order to penetrate, some City aside state
capital so more than 1250 might
still be recruited..etc

List of federal MDAs that will recruit in 2017.
1. NIPOST
2. Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps
3. Nigeria Peace Corps ( Subject to president ascent of
peace corps act bill).
4. Central Bank of Nigeria
5. Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation
6. Nigeria Broadcasting corporations
7. Federal Inland Revenue Service ( General admin, HR,
Tax manager, Tribunal manager)
8. Lower/Upper Niger River Basin Development Agency
9. ICPC
10. Niger Delta Development Commission
11. Department of State Security
12. Nigeria Television Authority
13. Nigeria Custom
14. Nigeria Prison service
15. Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria
16. NIMASA
17. Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Agency
18. Nigeria Deposits Insurance Corporation
19. Nigeria Teachers Institute Kaduna
20. Nigeria Institute of Transport Technology
22. Nigeria Communication Commission
23. DSS Army, Navy, Air force
24. Recruit Army, Navy, Air force
25, NARICT
26, Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission
27. FERMA
28. Bureau of Public Enterprise
29. Petroleum Equalization Fund
30. Nigeria University Commission
31. Corporate Affairs Commission.
32. NECO, JAMB, WAEC
33. ARMTI
34. Nigeria forestry regulatory Agency
35. Public Complaints Commission
36. Federal Road Safety Corps
37. NDLEA
38. NIMC
39. Nigeria Port Authority
40. National Intelligence Agency.
41. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
42. Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Agency
43. Nigeria Human Right Commission
44. Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation
.....etc
the problem here is that most the recruitment will go
underground but according source
federal government have given dem go ahead to recruit
base on Published/Advertised
Vacancy.

* Nigeria Customs want to boost it workforce to ensure
proper border monitoring and
revenue a leakages
* The Nigeria government had concluded plans to boost it
revenue by revitalizing the
NIPOST, there current staff are currently over stretch,
source from the presidency said
NIPOST have been given go ahead to recruit 5,000 staff
.....can't type much about others
According to source from the presidency, FG had given all
the above agency to ahead
with recruitment starting January 2017
So you all should brace up and for those of you close to
some of the agency you can be
checking on them sometimes because most won't
advertise there vacancy like NTA,
NARICT, JAMB, NECO, NJC, Especially National Assembly
Service Commission that is
usually hijacked by the Speaker and Senate President and
Clerks of the National
Assembly...Nigerians should just be ready for massive
federal government recruitment,
****The Police Service Commission is still at loggerhead
with the The National Assembly
as a result of the fact that the PSC didn't considered NASS
list on the selection of
candidate..
****PMB had also directed all recruiting MDAs to consider
Merit first in recruitment of
candidate and Federal Character should be use in pooling
out successful candidate
from the merit list.
Please don't PM regarding anything recruitment, because,
I don't do such, recruiting
MDAs will communicate with the public in due
course..thanks
Have a blessed day.....
Copied

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Okeneba: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2017
Hello House. I learnt they may start sending text messages and email for interview's invitation as from 21st of this January. Pls anybody that has an insider should confirm this pls.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by oyeludef(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2017
Okeneba:
Hello House. I learnt they may start sending text messages and email for interview's invitation as from 21st of this January. Pls anybody that has an insider should confirm this pls.
21 falls weekend, Saturday. How reliable is d place u heard it from?
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Okeneba: 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
oyeludef:
21 falls weekend, Saturday. How reliable is d place u heard it from?
That's my thought too, which is the reason why I want more verification.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by oyeludef(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
Okeneba:

That's my thought too, which is the reason why I want more verification.
alright. Anyone within useful info should please let us know
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Makudus(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
Okeneba:
We all hope so
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Makudus(m): 8:33am On Jan 11, 2017
uss25dec:
Its not fake dudes. I work with FIRS in Abuja. Check major newspapers u wud c d advert. Wish all my fellow nairalanders d best.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Garciadrez(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Okeneba:
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by 2el(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Okeneba:

lols....
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by siina(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=Garciadrez post=53009637][/quote] the guy said from 21st so I could be anyday from 21st
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by TEEKAY2000: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
Okeneba:
How far guy?
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Okeneba: 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Anybody with useful information?
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by Okeneba: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
TEEKAY2000:
How far guy?
Very far o. We're still waiting and hoping
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by dganse: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Why is it that this aisa6773 flaunts soo much I wonder just why? Youu see I've been following this group for quiet some months but ve never utter a word apart from may Almighty Allah help u! So aisa6773 I didn't deal with director, Mr babaatundes fowler attention was drawn annd my unique application I'd was handed over to him. And all can say may Allahh give me the job, so aisa6773 I don't think you have what is called connection it's a shallow one because I know what connection is so pray hardd stop flaunting and blablingg arround.
Re: FIRS Is Recruiting! Federal Inland Revenue Service 2016 Job Vacancies by dganse: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2017
Also my dear brothers and sister I dnt think this recruitment will take longer ,lets start expecting thhings from this month feb.it wwon'tt extend up to may June in sha Allah

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed / Sterling Bank Online Test / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.