Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death (2909 Views)

"Cat Turns Into An Old Woman In Lagos After Being Stoned By Boy" - Facebook User / Elderly Woman Accused Of Witchcraft Is Beaten Mercilessly & Stoned (video) / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
Why wasnt mary stoned to Death According to the Bible?
In the gospel(good news) we have God in form of the holy spirit coming down from heaven to sleep with mary.(ahem i heard she was 12)

My question to the Christians is Why wasnt mary stoned to death according to the law? lemme bring some instance:
Deu 22:23 If a damsel [that is] a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
Deu 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, [being] in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Now i dont wanna here excuse like It was kept secrete and nobody knew Then how did the story get into the gospel?? it must be a story known by all.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man], and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, [u]fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

joseph here wanted to hid her but the angle said he shouldnt but he should go ahed and marry her!! Now this is not about Joseph mary or the angels this is about the people in the community! Why didnt they Stone her to death. we also have this situation:
[b]
Joh 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Joh 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Joh 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].
Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Joh 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
Joh 8:9 And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.[/b]

Now we see in this passage that this woman was nearly stoned to death, but was saved by Jesus. But who saved mary??

2 Likes

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by orisa37: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
The Power of God overcame all wickedness around Her.
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by promise10: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Better shut up if U have noting reasonable to say... U have been doging their questions since why don't U answer it?
See a fool talking!

Like your moniker goes, no matter how you hate God, it doesn't subtract nor add to his supremacy.

He is God because he is ALL SUPREME and SELF CONTAINED
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by ifenes(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

See a fool talking!

Like your moniker goes, no matter how you hate God, it doesn't subtract nor add to his supremacy.

Obviously you are not intelligent enough to understand his question. You have been brainwashed to throw stones at anything that has nothing to do with daily worship of jesus.

Learn to say"I do not know"!

3 Likes

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

See a fool talking!

What makes U think that God only applies to Yahweh or Jesus?? Bro face the op questions jare I no get Ur time.
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
orisa37:
The Power of God overcame all wickedness around Her.
Where was it written in the Bible?
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by johnydon22(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

See a fool talking!

I don't honestly understand how this is an answer to the OP or even supposed to be a reply.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by MutantMetahuman: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
promise10:

See a fool talking!

so much anger

You need a chigaco weed my fiend to calm that anger. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
Promise10 where are u grin
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by Scholar8200(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Why wasnt mary stoned to Death According to the Bible?
In the gospel(good news) we have God in form of the holy spirit coming down from heaven to sleep with mary.(ahem i heard she was 12)
No sleeping took place! It was a creative act:
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
Jeremiah 1:5

My question to the Christians is Why wasnt mary stoned to death according to the law? lemme bring some instance:
Deu 22:23 If a damsel [that is] a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
Deu 22:24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, [being] in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

But no man lay with her?!

Now i dont wanna here excuse like ]It was kept secrete and nobody knew[ Then how did the story get into the gospel?? it must be a story known by all.
Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Mat 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just [man], and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, [u]fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
did you see there that Joseph kept the matter private not public?

joseph here wanted to hid her but the angle said he shouldnt but he should go ahed and marry her!! Now this is not about Joseph mary or the angels this is about the people in the community! Why didnt they Stone her to death. we also have this situation:
Joseph was not willing to make her a public example and wanted to put her away PRIVILY, did you see that?

Joh 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Joh 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Joh 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].
Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Joh 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
Joh 8:9 And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.[/b]

Now we see in this passage that this woman was nearly stoned to death, but was saved by Jesus. But who saved mary??

just show us where she was caught in the very act like the woman here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by LordNislaz(m): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
God protected Mary. Mind you, She was not reported to the authorities then. How could she be stoned when the pregnancy was secret? The old testament was to be done away with to usher in the new. This answer is simple enough. I hope it's not too hard for you to comprehend.
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

I know U Are gonna try to escape this intelligently So I'll ask U a Question If I Tell U tat am Gonna come up Ur Wife What Do I Mean??

It doesn't matter the man wasn't available when they wanted to stone that woman to death b4 Jesus saved her

Joseph was not willing to make her a public example and wanted to put her away PRIVILY, did you see that?
I explained this up there!
That he wanted to but the angel come to him and to him he shouldnt bother meaning he didn't kept it private! The reason was that he don't wanna shame her

How was the other woman caught in the very act? And the man wasn't??
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
LordNislaz:
God protected Mary. Mind you, She was not reported to the authorities then. How could she be stoned when the pregnancy was secret? The old testament was to be done away with to usher in the new. This answer is simple enough. I hope it's not too hard for you to comprehend.
It wasn't secret if it was how did it enter the Bible who knew??
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:25am On Aug 23, 2016
Op, your moniker confirms that you believe in the existence of God.
Dont spend the only heaven you may ever know in mockery and displeasure. Spend it reasonably.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:26am On Aug 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

you get time.
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 1:29am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Dont spend the only heaven you may ever know in mockery and displeasure. Spend it reasonably.
I don't know what it'll take for U to get sense what consern U with the name I choose to use if I tell U the God am referring to is Zeus nko?

1 Like

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 1:32am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
you get time.
U way no get time Watin U day find here? Just come to troll? Should I be surprise??
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I don't know what it'll take for U to get sense what consern U with the name I choose to use if I tell U the God am referring to is Zeus nko?
Then you'll spend your life talkung about Zeus. We both know you cant. Zeus aint real.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 1:35am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Then you'll spend your life talkung about Zeus. We both know you cant. Zeus aint real.
Same as yahweh
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:45am On Aug 23, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Same as yahweh
Diagoras of Melos said the same of God in the 5th century, today (21st century) his descendants are still trying to eradicate the God that created them cheesy grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:48am On Aug 23, 2016
johnydon22:

I don't honestly understand how this is an answer to the OP or even supposed to be a reply.
Just above your comment, you'd see the intention of the op if you weren't so blind.
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:50am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Just above your comment, you'd see the intention of the op if you weren't so blind.

Nah . He can't see it because he is an atheist

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by winner01(m): 1:56am On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nah . He can't see it because he is an atheist
How do people just live in constant hate undecided Beats me.
Such Atheists got to be the most miserable people on the planet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:14am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:

Honestly they are ! Full of hate and rancor against God . Fighting so hard to disprove the non existent . Isn't that insanity

If you go to any forum where atheism is discussed , you'd see people ask why atheists are angry , intolerant , bitter , bigoted etc .

By 2050 , Pew Research prognosticated that the nonreligious - atheists et al - will only constitute just 13 percent of the Europe's population , just 1 percent increase . And globally , Christianity will add close to 800 million adherents in the next 34 years while Muslims will add 1.6 billion adherents within that same time .

Most atheists are oblivious to these facts and are just wasting their time in an otiose attempt to proselytize the religious
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Scholar8200:

But no man lay with her?!.

Thread closed !!!!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 3:09am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Diagoras of Melos said the same of God in the 5th century, today (21st century) his descendants are still trying to eradicate the God that created them cheesy grin grin grin grin
How does the picture relate to the topic?
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 3:15am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
KingEbukasBlog:

Honestly they are ! Full of hate and rancor against God . Fighting so hard to disprove the non existent . Isn't that insanity
If you go to any forum where atheism is discussed , you'd see people ask why atheists are angry , intolerant , bitter , bigoted etc .
By 2050 , Pew Research prognosticated that the nonreligious - atheists et al - will only constitute just 13 percent of the Europe's population , just 1 percent increase . And globally , Christianity will add close to 800 million adherents in the next 34 years while Muslims will add 1.6 billion adherents within that same time .
Most atheists are oblivious to these facts and are just wasting their time in an otiose attempt to proselytize the religious

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 3:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Empty Brains They came to my Thread to troll it grin
Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by EyeHateGod: 3:20am On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thread closed !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by hopefuLandlord: 3:27am On Aug 23, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Empty Brains They came to my Thread to troll it grin

Its hilarious, even replying themselves without addressing the op

Re: Why Wasnt Mary Stoned To Death by Ranchhoddas: 3:37am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Na wa o. You don give up on the guy soul?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Dk Olukoya Honours 77 First Class Student / Nigerian Christian Songs Lyrics Thread. . . / Is A Sin For A Christain To Marry Two Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.