Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? (2395 Views)

Afrique Depot- Classic Nigerian Novels and Pacesetters Novels / How Many Nigerian Novels Have You Read Recently? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by Nnenna1(f): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2006
I'm a sucker for Nigerian "trash" novels a la Rainbows are for Lovers and co. I live in the US, and was wondering if anyone knows a thing or two about purchasing them here. I reeeally like them old (as in 1970s and 80s). I have been to the pacesetters site and have purchased some books, but I wonder if there are ways that I could get books by other publishers. I don't care if they're used or new.

Any tips?

Thanks.
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by Nnenna1(f): 1:49am On Dec 15, 2006
Na wa o, so no one knows anything about this? cry
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by naijacutee(f): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2006
Oh my daze . . . .   "Rainbows are for lovers". . .   It's been a while
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by ZuluNation(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2006
I normally get my Nigerian novels from Borders Books, most of the time the don't have them on display but the can always order them for you very cheap
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by naija4life(f): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2006
I'm wondering and will continue to wonder why this topic was given preference or why it merited to be listed on the frontpage, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by Nnenna1(f): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2006
ZuluNation:

I normally get my Nigerian novels from Borders Books, most of the time the don't have them on display but the can always order them for you very cheap

Thanks, I'll look it up.
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by ZuluNation(m): 12:53am On Dec 16, 2006
You welcome nne
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by bettyboop(f): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2006
Check on amazon.com you will be surprised what you will find i buy all my 'vintage' nigerian books there
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by Greycells(m): 10:27am On Dec 22, 2006
Try www.legwork.com.ng if u are looking for the likes of Man from Sagamu by Ada Ulasi or Somolu Blues by Omare Boyo and some other 1970-1980 books,

If you have any to sell, buzz me, i am trying to build a personal collection.
Re: Where To Purchase Vintage Nigerian Novels? by rukayat007: 2:49am On Jul 27, 2010
you can check www.afriquedepot.com

(1) (Reply)

Head Prefect Is A Sex Addict. �. Episode 1 / My Daughter And I; The Ideal Father / Dark Night (episodes) by Oladipo Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.