Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

How Is Statistic As A Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Is Statistic As A Course? (744 Views)

What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / Jamb Statistic For Most Sorted After Universities In Southeast / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Statistic As A Course? by AliJohn(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
I choose to study Medicine in my 1st choice sch which is unibadan..

After waec was released,i didnt make biology....

So a lectural 4rm d sch. Said d only course i can change 2 are

statistic n geography..

Pls,i dnt knw much about statistic as a course..

Your Advice n enliqhtment needed ... Thanks
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by MrOlihilistic: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Suzan404 come and help your younger brother in the making.
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by idearito(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Contact me on 07062929482

U might be lucky 2 b a statistician
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
lol.....Mrolihilistic....I don show ooo

Erhmmm.......where do I start

Okay,let's start from here.........The word 'STATISTICS' is used with two quite distinct meaning.....it can be used to mean either 'STATISTICAL DATA" or STATISTICAL METHOD' when it is used in the sense of statistical data,it is refer to fact which can be put into a numerical form

*Distribution of family income

*Annual production figures of industries

*Unemployment statistics

When used to mean 'STATISTICAL METHOD.....it refers to a body of theories and techniques employed in analysing the numerical information and using it to make wise decision....

So,STATISTICS can be defined as that branch of science concerned with collection,organisation,presentation,analyzes and interpretation of numerical data.

Uses of Statistics goes thus:
*problem clarification

*statistics is used in planning,implementation and control of programmes in government,industry manufacturing nd research
*it is used in prediction
*for international comparism
*modification and implementation of projects and programmes

So it can be seen that statistics is useful important,invertually all areas of human endeavours,to individual,to a family,all social communities......

Statistical data can therefore be obtained in social economy,health,demography,education,banking,finance,agriculture,labour,crime,and so on.

So a statistician can work in a hospital,agricultural ministry,ministry of health,research institutions,ministry of labour,custom office,insurance company,banks and immigration department.....

Statistics is a very interesting course but kinda difficult....but it wouldn't be difficult when you read your handouts and practise it everyday......cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by MrOlihilistic: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
suzan404:
[font=serif][i])
I can see you bae
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrOlihilistic:
I can see you bae
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by Praizo2(m): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
suzan404:
lol.....Mrolihilistic....I don show ooo

Erhmmm.......where do I start

Okay,let's start from here.........The word 'STATISTICS' is used with two quite distinct meaning.....it can be used to mean either 'STATISTICAL DATA" or STATISTICAL METHOD' when it is used in the sense of statistical data,it is refer to fact which can be put into a numerical form

*Distribution of family income

*Annual production figures of industries

*Unemployment statistics

When used to mean 'STATISTICAL METHOD.....it refers to a body of theories and techniques employed in analysing the numerical information and using it to make wise decision....

So,STATISTICS can be defined as that branch of science concerned with collection,organisation,presentation,analyzes and interpretation of numerical data.

Uses of Statistics goes thus:
*problem clarification

*statistics is used in planning,implementation and control of programmes in government,industry manufacturing nd research
*it is used in prediction
*for international comparism
*modification and implementation of projects and programmes

So it can be seen that statistics is useful important,invertually all areas of human endeavours,to individual,to a family,all social communities......

Statistical data can therefore be obtained in social economy,health,demography,education,banking,finance,agriculture,labour,crime,and so on.

So a statistician can work in a hospital,agricultural ministry,ministry of health,research institutions,ministry of labour,custom office,insurance company,banks and immigration department.....

Statistics is a very interesting course but kinda difficult....but it wouldn't be difficult when you read your handouts and practise it everyday......cool
to add what she has said... YOU PROBLEM WOULD FROM THE SCRATCH WITH THINGS LIKE MEASURE OF DISPERSION, FREQUENCY, QUARTILES, PERCENTILES ETC, then move up a bit to GROUPED DATA, later YOU ENTER CORRELATION AND REGRESSION ANALYSIS, SPEARMAN RANK, then HYPOTHESIS TESTING, STATISTICAL CONTROL, CONTROL CHART, EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN, STATISTICAL SURVEY, etc.. all in all statistics is wide...
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by MrOlihilistic: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Praizo2:
to add what she has said... YOU PROBLEM WOULD FROM THE SCRATCH WITH THINGS LIKE MEASURE OF DISPERSION, FREQUENCY, QUARTILES, PERCENTILES ETC, then move up a bit to GROUPED DATA, later YOU ENTER CORRELATION AND REGRESSION ANALYSIS, SPEARMAN RANK, then HYPOTHESIS TESTING, STATISTICAL CONTROL, CONTROL CHART, EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN, STATISTICAL SURVEY, etc.. all in all statistics is wide...
statistics is as useless as its inventor.
cc lalasticlala help the lad.
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by AliJohn(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thanks. Suzan04,idearito,MrOlihilistic n d rest.

Wia can a statistician work after graduatinq.
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by MrOlihilistic: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
AliJohn:
Thanks. Suzan04,idearito,MrOlihilistic n d rest.

Wia can a statistician work after graduatinq.
That should be the question to the questioners
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by Praizo2(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2016
MrOlihilistic:

statistics is as useless as its inventor.
cc lalasticlala help the lad.
BEAUTY IS IN EYE OF THE BEHOLDER......
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS
Re: How Is Statistic As A Course? by MrOlihilistic: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Praizo2:
BEAUTY IS IN EYE OF THE BEHOLDER...... DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS
for sure bro.

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Student Withdraws From School After Giving His Life To Christ / NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship 2016/2017 Latest / Students Of Ambrose Alli University Shutdown Benin-auchi Express Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.