Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? (56155 Views)

Alhaji Jibril Wali Is Dead And Buried (Photos) / Mohammed K Mohammed Is Dead And Buried In Katsina (pictured) / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by citizenY(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
eddyjibs:
u are not likely to find dat info. his company was a small unknown company in his homeland. so u don't expect anyone to document dat. d coy came to nigeria after he died and made it. d coy has since been hijacked by nigerians still using dat name. wat do u need d info for self.

There is a construction company in Germany called Bilfinger Berger but I am bot sure,if they have,any connection with Julius Berger. As at early 90's Julius Berger had a corporate base in Wiesbaden and if I recall they were operating only in NIGERIA and were about to get a foothold in Saudi Arabia and Australia.

Wiesbaden is the US airforce medical base in Europe. Here too is where you have the,Aukam Hospital /hotel where the cream of Nigerian leaders went for treatment in the,80`s, many with terminal illnesses, died there. JB was,the main facilitator with air ambulances, nurses etc to ferry these guys. I recall reading latest publications of Nigerian dailies like,Daily Times, New Nigerian and LAGOS,Weekend along with West Africa magazine there. I understand JB extended these favours.

ARE YOU SURPRISED?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by DrinkWater10: 2:34am On Aug 23, 2016
naija247:
I am amazed at how some Nigerians believe every stupid story in this internet age. This is something that can easily be verified, instead some would rather believe hearsay.
Remember the story of Nigeria vs India, with Nigeria losing the match 99-1. Some would even swear to watching the match that funny enough never took place.
That Nigeria vs INDIA 99 -1 story is the worst of them all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 5:47am On Aug 23, 2016
phaamsaam:
Had to verify from someone staying at itokin if it was just as my old man said, was the same gist...other contractors had failed prior to him been given the contract n that berger was a proud dude n felt it was a slap to his face that not up to 30m bridge would bring down his ego n pride,and said if its gonna take his life so be it..as long as it was not termed a failed project at the end...my reaction was like, some oyinbos sha...can you imagine??..

Others said it was the goddess (mamiwater) that was consulted and the Mamiwater was very harsh that Julius Berger's life was taken as a result while attempting to construct the bridge.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Dexema(m): 5:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Probably just another white contractor or a relative of Berger (which I seriously doubt), I'm sure berger probably never heard of Nigeria during his days. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by jowhyte(m): 6:16am On Aug 23, 2016
naija247:
I am amazed at how some Nigerians believe every stupid story in this internet age. This is something that can easily be verified, instead some would rather believe hearsay.
Remember the story of Nigeria vs India, with Nigeria losing the match 99-1. Some would even swear to watching the match that funny enough never took place.

Not something that could easily be verified else we all wouldn't have been here.

I don rigmarole on G tire trying different search queries but still no level
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 23, 2016
jowhyte:

Others said it was the goddess (mamiwater) that was consulted and the Mamiwater was very harsh that Julius Berger's life was taken as a result while attempting to construct the bridge.
hahahahahahohohoho no such tin as mami water, during d British conquest of d ijebu enrivons human sacrifices were offered to diff mamiwater to stop dem crossing d diff rivers. bt alas d British came with thier canons blasted pple on d oda side nd crossed. where was d bloody mami water?. victor sang dat he saw mamy water in bar beach. today bar beach has been sanfilled to bcome eco Atlantic. if mamy water dey der let eko Atlantic sink abeg.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by orisa37: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2016
May his Soul rest in Peace.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by naija247: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2016
jowhyte:

Not something that could easily be verified else we all wouldn't have been here.

I don rigmarole on G tire trying different search queries but still no level

I don't understand your difficulty in verifying this. Simply search for Julius Berger the person, or to make it easier for you search for "life of Julius Berger", "Remembering Julius Berger" good luck.
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by DisGuy: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2016
No wonder naija still dey backwards ser fables many osld men passed to their kids who are also passing it onto the next generation even swearing by it smh
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by gemale(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=phaamsaam post=48715491]Heard it also while travelling and had to find out from my old man, he said berger had been successful with gigantic bridges, roads all over the world, and that little river wanted to spoil his name and biz, that after doing a part of the bridge today, by tomorrow morning it would collapse, after toiling for weeks n months, he then went to seek the ifas, and was told that a queen ruling in that river said only if he gives his life would the project be possible..and bla bla bla[/quote
Hocus-pocus, mumbo-jumbo & balderdash. Collection of myths dt our ignorant ancestors concocted 2 x plain wt was beyond their reasoning. We shld tnk beta Dan dem.
https://www.naij.com/432290-meet-julius-berger-the-man-who-built-nigerian-bridges.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2784726646
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by diportivo: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Eeyah

I didn't know people are this gullible undecided

So,a whole Julius berger would be buried there and that place will be as dirty as that

If u care to know,the remains of passengers of the bellview(or ADC not sure of which now) plane dat crashed into the ejinrin river is what u av that statue erected for

Berger koor,RCC ni

angry
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by yoyolagos: 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by Ghiora: 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hi,
Julius Berger born 1862 was my the uncle of my grand father on my mothers side. He was kept by Hitler in a private room in a
death camp in Germany for consulting during world war II. The city of Berlin at the time invited my mother to the
He died in the death camp. He never was in Nigeria and his grave is not there.
The company was confiscated by Nazi germany and anything that it it did in 1950 has no relation to him.

In 2012 on his 150th birthday a train station was named after him.
He certainly was not in Nigeria in 1950.
The Berlin Architecture Prize Association V. invites everyone interested to the lecture evening in the KutscherHaus on Kurfürstendamm 50a on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 6 p.m.

Google translation from German of the invitation to the ceremony.
The extension of the U 5 underground line from Alexanderplatz to the Brandenburg Gate creates a number of new underground stations. The future station "Unter den Linden" will be of great importance due to its location and its function as a crossing station for the lines U5 and U6.

With the extension of the U5, the Bilfinger company is returning to the Berlin underground, where Julius Berger, one of the founding fathers of Bilfinger-Berger, was already involved in the construction of numerous underground railroad constructions. On the occasion of Julius Berger's 150th birthday, the lecture evening will also be dedicated to the outstanding entrepreneur Julius Berger.

Following the lectures, the Berlin Architecture Prize Association and Bilfinger will present the Julius Berger Prize for entrepreneurial initiatives in Berlin's urban development.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Died And Buried In Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria? by darleenje: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nigerians like superstition.

A German construction company will give you a detailed drawing of a wall build. Imagine how detailed their bridges will be.

It's time we move away from our tells by moonlight superstition stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Not With Buhari’s Original Copies Of Certificates — Army / Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) / Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.