Stats: 3,143,193 members, 7,780,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat (5462 Views)

See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? / Whatsapp Amazing New Features For Recalling Your Messages (2) (3) (4)

Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
Marvel1206:

Space Bookers Association Nairaland grin
how man go do now?? when I see cheap land make I no book am?? I grin grin grin
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by krozay(m): 12:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Nice one OP
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by sade1994(f): 12:39am On Aug 23, 2016
It's nice
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by DesChyko: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2016
I've used a good number of these features on Samsung Galaxy.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by erobes: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2016
nice,but make Google(android) cool down for us na,economy hard oo
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by erobes: 7:50am On Aug 23, 2016
DesChyko:
I've used a good number of these features on Samsung Galaxy.

That's why their product is on the high side(price),Samsung rocks

Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by gulfer: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2016
Apus Launcher already made most of these possible on my Lollipop 5.1.1 angry angry angry angry

Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by DjAndroid: 8:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Marvel1206:

Quicker multi-tasking

You can now double-tap the recent apps button to quickly switch between your two most recently used apps. For example, say you’re in Gmail but need to look something up in Chrome to include in an email. You can open Chrome, find and copy a link, then double-tap the recent apps button and your device will switch back to Gmail.

And you think this feature is new? I have been using it when I switched over to android in 20 11 with Samsung galaxy note1. And now I still do it with my galaxy note 3
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Advans(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2016
sheddo619:
Weh I never still upgrade from kitkat now na nougat
Ok o

upgrade for kitkat! keep looking for agege bread in onitsha
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by DjAndroid: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2016
In all, after reading all the "new features" listed here, it is clearly seen that Google only copied all the tweakings Samsung did on its premium devices since 2011. Google now wants to make these available in their Android 1, 7.0 version.

Samsung premium devices have almost all the features listed here from their kit kat versions .
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by chudyprince: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2016
Can infinix note 2 get OTA upgrade to the nougat?
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2016
Marvel1206:

Finally, the lock screen gets a wallpaper of its own

It only took way too many years, but the day has finally come: You can now set a wallpaper specific to your home screen, and a different one for your lock screen. The process to accomplish the once unthinkable feat hasn’t changed much—after selecting an image to set as a wallpaper, you’re shown a new prompt to select where the image will live.
This feature is in all marshmallow enabled phones
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by sorextee(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2016
people will start selling their old phones, and get new ones, just to enjoy the new os releases. for instance, im very sure Samsung s4, s5 wont carry such update.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
my LG pro still on kitkat. now this.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by mrMeen(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
dancok:
my LG pro still on kitkat. now this.
you even get kitkat while am still on ice cream.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by wiseword316(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Microsoft hope u people are learning?
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:
So google basically borrowed lots of features that Samsung users have been enjoying for years and baked it into the os. Nice one though.

Oh yh u know this yet people would condemn touchwiz in spite of it been the most feature rich android skin. Some Sammy users will still be screaming about updates forgetting that 70% of the "new" OS features already exist on wiz.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by dhsfbi(m): 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Android 7.0 Nougat is indeed an OS upgrade to be excited about.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Oh yh u know this yet people would condemn touchwiz in spite of it been the most feature rich android skin. Some Sammy users will still be screaming about updates forgetting that 70% of the "new" OS features already exist on wiz.

Me condemn touchwiz? Go check my posts bro, touchwiz has always been my favorite UI. This is one of the reasons I don't root my phones anymore, I just love touchwiz the way it is. I will always choose a Samsung above any other android.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by timbros(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
sorextee:
people will start selling their old phones, and get new ones, just to enjoy the new os releases. for instance, im very sure Samsung s4, s5 wont carry such update.

Are you a learner?

Samsung users are already enjoying more than 80% of these 'releases'.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
Boycool1:
Google and releasing android version back to back be like.......
Abeg who get that picture of two fingers joined together?
They should allow us enjoy the ones released yet...even if its for 5months..... stop making us feel Out dated, all these successive release should just be an update!
no mind dem, marketing strategies.
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Marvel1206:
Google's operating system is everywhere, and it just keeps getting better. Here's what's new in this year's big release

The latest changes to Google's ubiquitous mobile operating system
Android 7.0 Nougat is rolling out now, starting (as usual) with Nexus devices and eventually moving on to other phones. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience. Some changes, such as bundled notifications, are quite obvious. Then there are the less visible changes, such as a new multitasking shortcut. Follow along as we take a look at what’s new in Google’s latest mobile OS.

Cc Lalasticlala mynd44

I can't wait to get it

It will be great

Lalasticlala come in
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by blazerblog(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nice features

Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Wukari:
M
hi man are you from taraba?
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by erenax: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
Marvel1206:

Quicker multi-tasking

You can now double-tap the recent apps button to quickly switch between your two most recently used apps. For example, say you’re in Gmail but need to look something up in Chrome to include in an email. You can open Chrome, find and copy a link, then double-tap the recent apps button and your device will switch back to Gmail.
long time bro... I found you on nairaland.. drop your whatsapp number
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Marvel1206: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
erenax:
long time bro... I found you on nairaland.. drop your whatsapp number

long time indeed grin

Check your pm
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by erenax: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
Marvel1206:

long time indeed grin

Check your pm
am new in nairaland I can't locate pm... here is my number 09034004004 on whatsapp
Re: 20 Great New Features In Android 7.0 Nougat by Manchidede(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
Cute and bubbling

5 Tips To Completely Secure Your Social Media Accounts / What Is The Meaning Of This? (screenshot) / Photos Taken With The Oppo Reno 2: Compare With Others