Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" (53343 Views)

Wealthy Overseas Nigerian Students Fight Over Whose Dad Is The Richest / Federal University Gusau Expels 15 Students For Poor Performance / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Iceberg3: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
glossy6:

If I were you, I would change my moniker tonight because even a dullard saw your apt display of childish character and unintelligent rants of a fluid filled brain.

I asked again, have you checked your waec results?
baby,take it easy o,dont let that 'achmed' ''I KILL YOU" oo,nø let am commit suicide o
grin
Google ACHMED to know hafa o..
grin
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Nusaf: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Iceberg3:

baby,take it easy o,dont let that 'achmed' ''I KILL YOU" oo,nø let am commit suicide o
grin
grin
Dont worry I will come for u too.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by glossy6(f): 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Iceberg3:

grin
grin

Thanks babe. Make I chill because of you. Imagine the teenager with awaiting result yanning opata say he wan scold person.

I just dey laugh at his misyan since

Alright babe.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by salykely(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
dueal:

Definition of a Prophet: One who can tell the past and reveal the future.

Prophecy: A saying of things to come true in the future.

Jesus prophetic proof: 100% so he was called a Prophet.

Elijah's prophetic proof: 100% so he was called a Prophet.

Mohammed's prophetic proof: None found till date.

Another mistake. The word Servant of God does not mean Slave of God.

You just confirmed our position that he is a Prophet. So how does that amount to insulting Jesus by referring to him as a Prophet or servant of God.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Iceberg3: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:
lols see painment o...
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by glossy6(f): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:
Na today?
grin grin grin grin grin
the boy don log on with the original moniker.
Nusaf how far nah. You see I told you you will change moniker tonight
ogibigibigibi
grin grin grin grin
Una dey see wetin I dey see so Shuo Ijesu gwuru fiki father?

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Nusaf: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
glossy6:

Thanks babe. Make I chill because of you. Imagine the teenager with awaiting result yanning opata say he wan scold person.

I just dey laugh at his misyan since

Alright babe.
Pls to pretend and run cos it is getting interesting.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by goodheart02(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
enigma2007:

Doc! You were not like this before o!

Hmmmm my dear, I'm only human and I was provoked by this people. You can imagine the impetus.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by glossy6(f): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:

The shame on your face now is like that of an unclad corpse.

You go soon change moniker again Ode.

See as you mess your self upandan on top NL.
Abegi go check whether you gather up to 3 credits when 14 years old dey get 9 A1s tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Iceberg3: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:
isis lolss

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Nusaf: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
glossy6:

Na today?

grin grin grin grin grin

the boy don log on with the original moniker.

Nusaf how far nah. You see I told you you will change moniker tonight

ogibigibigibi

grin grin grin grin

Una dey see wetin I dey see so
Shuo Ijesu gwuru fiki father?
And do u know what, we northerners look at u as nothing but sex objects and even at that, we have choice of the sex objects. The few ones that can manage to wash the dry poo from their anus will still stink because of those artficial hairs that can go for months without washing. Most of ur types are scattered all over the north following us upandan with the illusion that we can marry u. For where.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Iceberg3: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:

as a gud christian,i will pay kirikiri a visit tomorrow,so i can show mallam kabrud some love lolssss

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by dueal(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
salykely:

Why was the word servant used at all for a suppose son?! So u have to revert back to the dictionary meaning of Prophet. U are only deluding urself. Anything u like hold onto it. But be rest assured if u die in this state u would be one of the inhabitant of blazing hell. Jesus would deny you, that is certain and sure. He never through out his ministry called himself God or son of God. You did

I'm trying hard to avoid arguing with you. Jesus the Son of Marry was nothing but a mighty Messenger of God and a Prophet.

If you are so sure of that then you have nothing to worrt about. Hell is for who hell is for.
Did Jesus call himself the Son of God, in my Bible he certainly did!

Was he a Servant of God? YES. Was he a Prophet? CERTAINLY. Is he the Son of God? U can debate it.

Mohammed, prophet, really? No prophecy, no miracles, no life in him. Is he dead? YES. Is Jesus alive? YES.

If you want proof I will give to you like I have done before.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by glossy6(f): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:

And do u know what, we northerners look at u as nothing but sex objects and even at that, we have choice of the sex objects. The few ones that can manage to wash the dry poo from their anus will still stink because of those artficial hairs that can go for months without washing. Most of ur types are scattered all over the north following us upandan with the illusion that we can marry u. For where.

Your IQ is < 0.

So upon 4 wives minus 1 (divorce) + 1 (marriage ) -1+1-1+1 unending equation, you people still go outside, then what's the essence of your acclaimed fidelity for keeping 4 wives?

Keep displaying your childish fluid filled brains on NL.
As for your numerous monikers, it confirms your operating level, that of a fluid filled brain child.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by glossy6(f): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nusaf:

And most of u even fight urselves because of us thinking that we take u serious, never, dont be deceived. We are just catching our fun and when we are tired of u, we send u parking cos dogs are used and dumped.

Little uncircumcised lad with fluid filled brains go and run errands for your mama, she needs you to wash dishes. At least, if you no pass Waec, you can attempt cleaning the dishes, even if you do that with your tongue.

NB,
you came as NUSAF, I floored you
You came as is bit kabud? I sent you packing
Again you came as NUSAF and your body tell you true
let's see the moniker you will display tomorrow and I will put you in your appropriate place .

modafucker

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by salykely(m): 1:00am On Aug 24, 2016
dueal:

If you are so sure of that then you have nothing to worrt about. Hell is for who hell is for.
Did Jesus call himself the Son of God, in my Bible he certainly did!

Was he a Servant of God? YES. Was he a Prophet? CERTAINLY. Is he the Son of God? U can debate it.

Mohammed, prophet, really? No prophecy, no miracles, no life in him. Is he dead? YES. Is Jesus alive? YES.

If you want proof I will give to you like I have done before.
I honestly want to leave u in ur ignorance. The Quran is not an account of the Prophet Muhammad's life. Go read his life history even by western standard. Michael H. Hart wrote The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History. He placed Prophet Muhammad as number one and back his decision with verifiable argument. Many others have written about the wonderful Prophet of Arabia and I challenge u to do ur unbiased research and save urself from hell.
Let me share with u excerpt of an article written by Robert Louis Wilken a professor of christian history at the University of Virginia.

"No event during the first millennium was more unexpected, more calamitous, and more consequential for Christianity than the rise of Islam. Few irruptions in history have transformed societies so completely and irrevocably as did the conquest and expansion of the Arabs in the seventh century. And none came with greater swiftness. Within a decade three major cities in the Byzantine Christian Empire”Damascus in 635, Jerusalem in 638, and Alexandria in 641”fell to the invaders.

" ...When reports began to circulate that something unusual was happening in the Arabian Peninsula, the Byzantines were preoccupied with the Sassanians in Persia who had sacked Jerusalem in 614 and made off with the relic of the True Cross. And in the West they were menaced by the Avars, a Mongolian people who had moved into the Balkans and were threatening Constantinople. Rumors about the emergence of a powerful leader among the Arabs in the distant Hijaz seemed no cause for alarm.

Even on the eve of the conquest of Jerusalem, when Arab armies had encircled the holy city and blocked the road to Bethlehem, the patriarch of Jerusalem, Sophronius, assured the faithful: “We will laugh at the demise of our enemies the Saracens [as Christians first called the Muslims] and in a short time see their destruction and complete ruin.” Fourteen hundred years later the Muslims are still in Jerusalem, and with each passing decade Islam figures larger in the minds of Christians, penetrates more deeply into Christian societies, and, by its fixed and impermeable tenancy of a large part of the globe, circumscribes the practice of Christianity".

Again he says

"If, however, one injects into this sanguine narrative the story of Islam, things take on a different coloring. Set against the history of Islam, the career of Christianity is marked as much by decline and extinction as it is by growth and triumph. By a selective choice of periods, events, and geographical regions, the conventional account (the one imagined from the perspective of Europe and North America) gives the impression of continuous progress.

But seen in global perspective, that may be illusory. To state the obvious: Most of the territories that were Christian in the year 700 are now Muslim. Nothing similar has happened to Islam. Christianity seems like a rain shower that soaks the earth and then moves on, whereas Islam appears more like a great lake that constantly overflows its banks to inundate new territory. When Islam arrives, it comes to stay”unless displaced by force, as it was in Spain. But the shameful expulsion of Muslims from Spain is hardly an event Christians would wish to celebrate today".
هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ (33)

It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
Qur'an 9:33
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by dueal(m): 5:25am On Aug 24, 2016
salykely:

I honestly want to leave u in ur ignorance. The Quran is not an account of the Prophet Muhammad's life. Go read his life history even by western standard. Michael H. Hart wrote The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History. He placed Prophet Muhammad as number one and back his decision with verifiable argument. Many others have written about the wonderful Prophet of Arabia and I challenge u to do ur unbiased research and save urself from hell.
Let me share with u excerpt of an article written by Robert Louis Wilken a professor of christian history at the University of Virginia.

"No event during the first millennium was more unexpected, more calamitous, and more consequential for Christianity than the rise of Islam. Few irruptions in history have transformed societies so completely and irrevocably as did the conquest and expansion of the Arabs in the seventh century. And none came with greater swiftness. Within a decade three major cities in the Byzantine Christian Empire”Damascus in 635, Jerusalem in 638, and Alexandria in 641”fell to the invaders.

" ...When reports began to circulate that something unusual was happening in the Arabian Peninsula, the Byzantines were preoccupied with the Sassanians in Persia who had sacked Jerusalem in 614 and made off with the relic of the True Cross. And in the West they were menaced by the Avars, a Mongolian people who had moved into the Balkans and were threatening Constantinople. Rumors about the emergence of a powerful leader among the Arabs in the distant Hijaz seemed no cause for alarm.

Even on the eve of the conquest of Jerusalem, when Arab armies had encircled the holy city and blocked the road to Bethlehem, the patriarch of Jerusalem, Sophronius, assured the faithful: “We will laugh at the demise of our enemies the Saracens [as Christians first called the Muslims] and in a short time see their destruction and complete ruin.” Fourteen hundred years later the Muslims are still in Jerusalem, and with each passing decade Islam figures larger in the minds of Christians, penetrates more deeply into Christian societies, and, by its fixed and impermeable tenancy of a large part of the globe, circumscribes the practice of Christianity".

Again he says

"If, however, one injects into this sanguine narrative the story of Islam, things take on a different coloring. Set against the history of Islam, the career of Christianity is marked as much by decline and extinction as it is by growth and triumph. By a selective choice of periods, events, and geographical regions, the conventional account (the one imagined from the perspective of Europe and North America) gives the impression of continuous progress.

But seen in global perspective, that may be illusory. To state the obvious: Most of the territories that were Christian in the year 700 are now Muslim. Nothing similar has happened to Islam. Christianity seems like a rain shower that soaks the earth and then moves on, whereas Islam appears more like a great lake that constantly overflows its banks to inundate new territory. When Islam arrives, it comes to stay”unless displaced by force, as it was in Spain. But the shameful expulsion of Muslims from Spain is hardly an event Christians would wish to celebrate today".
هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ (33)

It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
Qur'an 9:33

From one irrelevant topic to another. We are not playing a numbers game and even if we were, Islam doesn't outnumber Christianity by people count. Your "warlord" was a conqueror of lands and nations yes, but he did not win every battle, some he took some he ran away. But that is not the discussion.

You call me ignorant, I say give me proof of your Prophets Prophetic abilities and stop blabing.

By history, the Quaran is not an original text, the proclaimed Prophet did not jot one word in his time, and the body of work called Quaran was developed after his demise. Not a glorious death at that. Some warlord.

You talk about hell and your belief in how Islam saves you. Funny, for a religion that believes that their God will take their sins and places it on Jews and Christians so his faithful will escape damnation, sounds to me like redemption...sorry, find someone else.

When you want to talk, use well researched arguments. Islam used to be my interest, now I see whats in it. Confusion, Politics, nothing soul certain.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
dubsy91:

talking about contradictions of the Bible ,lemme take u through memory lane in ur book which u claim to be perfect

Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?
According to verse 4:119-120, Satan (the rejected one) is the one who creates false desires and misleads people. Refer also 15:42. However, according to verse 16:93, it is God who leaves people astray as He wills! See also 4:78.
(4:119-120)
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires....." (says Satan)
"Satan make them promises and creates in them false hopes...." (vouched by Allah)
(16:93)
"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases ...."

4. Attitude towards unbelieving parents
Al-Quran givens contradicting information as to what a believer should do when unbelieving parents and brothers insist on worshipping their gods. Verse 31:15 asks believers to keep company with unbelieving parents even if they insist (on following their religion?), but verse 9:23 asks believers not to take their fathers and brothers as protectors if they disbelieved!
(31:15)
"But if they strive
(Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration)..."
(9:23)
"O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

5. Which enters the Paradise: Soul or Body or Both?
After resurrection, it is the body (after reuniting with the soul?) which enters the Paradise. This has been emphasized throughout the Book. See verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7, 75:3-4. However verses 27-30 in Sura 89 state that it is the Soul ( Nafs )* which enters the Garden!
(17:99)
"See they not that Allah who created the heavens and the earth has the power to create the like of them (anew)? ...."
(75:3-4)
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers..."
(89:27-30)
(To the righteous soul will be said) "O (tho) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction! Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter thou, thee among my Devotees! Yea, enter thou My Heaven!"
(31:28)
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul..."
(Pickthall)
In Islam, the bliss in Paradise is not complete without the corporeal and sense pleasures. Otherwise, how can one drink Zanzabil (76:17), feel the moderate temperature (76:13), enjoy maidens (55:56) and drink honey and milk (47:16-17). These are all joys in state for the faithful.
Yousuf Ali (note 6128 for verse 89:27-30) also says that it is the soul which enters the heaven, and not the gross body which perishes (His comment is contradictory to what verse 75:3-4 says!). Read verse 31:28 also. It says man's creation or resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul * . Pickthall's translation (see box above) is more clear.
* Unlike in Vedic scriptures, the Quran does not clearly recognize the SOUL as a distinct entity from the BODY. The soul is often referred as a source of all inclinations and desires (3:61, 12:53). The Arabic word `Nafs ' has been translated differently by different translators: as SOUL, MIND, SPIRIT and even as HEART! The word `Nafs ' at times refers to the individual (12:53), sometimes to the Soul (6:93, 39:42), and sometimes to God Himself (6:12,54)!. Of particular interest is verse 21:35 which says "Every soul shall have a taste of death.... " . This verse could mean: (i) that the Soul gets a taste of death after separation from the body, as Yousuf Ali interprets or (ii) that the Individual gets a taste of death as it is generally implied on most occasions (3:61, 51:21). Those who are of the opinion that `Nafs ' in 21:35 only mean the real Soul would then have to consider this verse as another contradiction to verses 39:42 and 89:27-30 which imply that the Soul is taken back by Allah, momentarily during sleep and decisively at death.

6. God needs man or man needs God?
A very clear contradiction exists between verses 51:56 and 35:15. While the former verse says that God created Jinns and mankind for His own reasons (read also 67:2), the latter one says it is man who is in need of God! Read also 51:57.
(51:56)
"I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2)
"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed"
35:15
"O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"

7. EVIL AND GOOD: Where do they come from?
While one verse says that both Evil and Good issue from Allah, the very next verse says only Good comes from Allah!
(4:78)
".... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....." *
(4:79)
"Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself"

8. Who has to be blamed for BELIEF AND DISBELIEF ?
(6:12)
" It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe"
(10:100)
"No soul can believe except by the will allah"

9. Who has to be blamed for the wrongs done?
(35:cool
"Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills"
(30:9)
"It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls"

10. UNBELIEVERS: To be persecuted or forgiven?
(9:29)
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth ....."
(45:14)

"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense

11. God's advice to Muhammed on propagating Islam
Here we see two contradicting directives from God on conveying Allah's religion to the people:
(3:20)
"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me"..... "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants"

(8:38-39)
"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety... "

these my friend are only but a few of d contradictions in ur perfect heavenly book
Answer to Contradiction no. 3: The first verse of these quotes (4:119-120) is speaking of Shaytan’s will, his intention, and his resolve: He will attempt to misguide. But will he succeed or fail? That will depend on Allah’s Will, which is expressed in (16:93). Allah has allowed Satan the opportunity to do his work but not the power to impose his will. It is Allah who decides the outcome of his prompting, and man’s response to it. Sometimes, He intervenes to fail them, sometimes He does not. When He does not intervene, allowing Satan to succeed, and man to implement, it is like Himself having led the man in question into error. After all, if He wished, He could have come in between the man and Satan, but He did not, so, in a way He became responsible.

But, we have to be clear about what exactly Allah is responsible for? He is merely responsible for not having intervened. He is not responsible for the misguidance itself, which was the work of Satan and choice of man.

He had ordered man not to take the company of Satan and not to follow his promptings. Man answered, ‘Does Satan exist, and, assuming that he exists, how should I know it is Satan’s prompting?’ He was answered, ‘Use My Revelation.’ Man said, ‘Ah! Your Revelation!? Well, I shall find fault in Your Revelation.’ So Allah abandoned the man to the Devil.

Yet, how often it is not that man and his Devil-friend intend to do wrong, injustice, and oppression to others, but Allah intervenes. If He did not, life would become Hell for others. It may be objected that man should have freedom to do his will. The answer is, he has the freedom of will, but not full freedom of evil action. In the interest of other creations, Allah intervenes at the time of man’s execution of evil.

Thus, misguidance comes from Satan (and is accepted or rejected by the humans), while the permission for it to take effect comes from Allah. In contrast, guidance never comes from Satan. Allah is the sole Cause, Provider and Executer of Guidance. Therefore, one of Allah’s Name is “Al-Hadi” (الهادي: the Guide), but not “Al-Mudill” (المُضِل: the misleader/deluder).
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2016
dubsy91:

talking about contradictions of the Bible ,lemme take u through memory lane in ur book which u claim to be perfect

Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?
According to verse 4:119-120, Satan (the rejected one) is the one who creates false desires and misleads people. Refer also 15:42. However, according to verse 16:93, it is God who leaves people astray as He wills! See also 4:78.
(4:119-120)
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires....." (says Satan)
"Satan make them promises and creates in them false hopes...." (vouched by Allah)
(16:93)
"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases ...."

4. Attitude towards unbelieving parents
Al-Quran givens contradicting information as to what a believer should do when unbelieving parents and brothers insist on worshipping their gods. Verse 31:15 asks believers to keep company with unbelieving parents even if they insist (on following their religion?), but verse 9:23 asks believers not to take their fathers and brothers as protectors if they disbelieved!
(31:15)
"But if they strive
(Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration)..."
(9:23)
"O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

5. Which enters the Paradise: Soul or Body or Both?
After resurrection, it is the body (after reuniting with the soul?) which enters the Paradise. This has been emphasized throughout the Book. See verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7, 75:3-4. However verses 27-30 in Sura 89 state that it is the Soul ( Nafs )* which enters the Garden!
(17:99)
"See they not that Allah who created the heavens and the earth has the power to create the like of them (anew)? ...."
(75:3-4)
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers..."
(89:27-30)
(To the righteous soul will be said) "O (tho) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction! Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter thou, thee among my Devotees! Yea, enter thou My Heaven!"
(31:28)
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul..."
(Pickthall)
In Islam, the bliss in Paradise is not complete without the corporeal and sense pleasures. Otherwise, how can one drink Zanzabil (76:17), feel the moderate temperature (76:13), enjoy maidens (55:56) and drink honey and milk (47:16-17). These are all joys in state for the faithful.
Yousuf Ali (note 6128 for verse 89:27-30) also says that it is the soul which enters the heaven, and not the gross body which perishes (His comment is contradictory to what verse 75:3-4 says!). Read verse 31:28 also. It says man's creation or resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul * . Pickthall's translation (see box above) is more clear.
* Unlike in Vedic scriptures, the Quran does not clearly recognize the SOUL as a distinct entity from the BODY. The soul is often referred as a source of all inclinations and desires (3:61, 12:53). The Arabic word `Nafs ' has been translated differently by different translators: as SOUL, MIND, SPIRIT and even as HEART! The word `Nafs ' at times refers to the individual (12:53), sometimes to the Soul (6:93, 39:42), and sometimes to God Himself (6:12,54)!. Of particular interest is verse 21:35 which says "Every soul shall have a taste of death.... " . This verse could mean: (i) that the Soul gets a taste of death after separation from the body, as Yousuf Ali interprets or (ii) that the Individual gets a taste of death as it is generally implied on most occasions (3:61, 51:21). Those who are of the opinion that `Nafs ' in 21:35 only mean the real Soul would then have to consider this verse as another contradiction to verses 39:42 and 89:27-30 which imply that the Soul is taken back by Allah, momentarily during sleep and decisively at death.

6. God needs man or man needs God?
A very clear contradiction exists between verses 51:56 and 35:15. While the former verse says that God created Jinns and mankind for His own reasons (read also 67:2), the latter one says it is man who is in need of God! Read also 51:57.
(51:56)
"I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2)
"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed"
35:15
"O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"

7. EVIL AND GOOD: Where do they come from?
While one verse says that both Evil and Good issue from Allah, the very next verse says only Good comes from Allah!
(4:78)
".... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....." *
(4:79)
"Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself"

8. Who has to be blamed for BELIEF AND DISBELIEF ?
(6:12)
" It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe"
(10:100)
"No soul can believe except by the will allah"

9. Who has to be blamed for the wrongs done?
(35:cool
"Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills"
(30:9)
"It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls"

10. UNBELIEVERS: To be persecuted or forgiven?
(9:29)
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth ....."
(45:14)

"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense

11. God's advice to Muhammed on propagating Islam
Here we see two contradicting directives from God on conveying Allah's religion to the people:
(3:20)
"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me"..... "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants"

(8:38-39)
"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety...

these my friend are only but a few of d contradictions in ur perfect heavenly book

Answer to Contradiction no. 3: The first verse of these quotes (4:119-120) is speaking of Shaytan’s will, his intention, and his resolve: He will attempt to misguide. But will he succeed or fail? That will depend on Allah’s Will, which is expressed in (16:93). Allah has allowed Satan the opportunity to do his work but not the power to impose his will. It is Allah who decides the outcome of his prompting, and man’s response to it. Sometimes, He intervenes to fail them, sometimes He does not. When He does not intervene, allowing Satan to succeed, and man to implement, it is like Himself having led the man in question into error. After all, if He wished, He could have come in between the man and Satan, but He did not, so, in a way He became responsible.

But, we have to be clear about what exactly Allah is responsible for? He is merely responsible for not having intervened. He is not responsible for the misguidance itself, which was the work of Satan and choice of man.

He had ordered man not to take the company of Satan and not to follow his promptings. Man answered, ‘Does Satan exist, and, assuming that he exists, how should I know it is Satan’s prompting?’ He was answered, ‘Use My Revelation.’ Man said, ‘Ah! Your Revelation!? Well, I shall find fault in Your Revelation.’ So Allah abandoned the man to the Devil.

Yet, how often it is not that man and his Devil-friend intend to do wrong, injustice, and oppression to others, but Allah intervenes. If He did not, life would become Hell for others. It may be objected that man should have freedom to do his will. The answer is, he has the freedom of will, but not full freedom of evil action. In the interest of other creations, Allah intervenes at the time of man’s execution of evil.

Thus, misguidance comes from Satan (and is accepted or rejected by the humans), while the permission for it to take effect comes from Allah. In contrast, guidance never comes from Satan. Allah is the sole Cause, Provider and Executer of Guidance. Therefore, one of Allah’s Name is “Al-Hadi” (الهادي: the Guide), but not “Al-Mudill” (المُضِل: the misleader/deluder).

Answer to Contradiction no. 4: There are many things that are difficult to understand; but that does not make them any less worthier. It is said that at one point of time (in fact, even now), Quantum Theory was understood by as many scientists as could be counted on a single finger. But that did not make Quantum Theory false. What makes a writing unworthy of study is not the difficulty in understanding it, but the fact that after subjecting it to hard study, the understanding you achieve is worthless in your own eyes as well in the eyes of the great majority of people, (leaving out those who wish to believe in its grandiosity, say what you will).

As regards the verses quoted, we fail to perceive any contradiction. The two are discussing different issues. Quote (31:15) says: treat the parents well, but do not obey them if they ask you to ascribe partners to Allah; while quote (89:27-30) directs the believers not to treat them as close allies if they remain unbelievers.

Treating somebody well is an outgoing activity, while taking somebody an ally is an incoming activity. Treating well is a positive work, not taking an ally is a negative attitude. Treating well is generosity, not taking an ally is precaution that does not preclude good treatment. You can treat well, but keep your secrets to yourself: one is ordered, another is prohibited.

The two verses put together are creating a one-way traffic of goodness flowing from the believer to his parents (and homefolk). He sends across good, but when it comes to sharing secrets, which normally ends in seeking some sort of help from them, he is directed not to try and get back any good from them for the good he does them. Should he continue sending forward benefits to them? The answer is, yes. He should.

Answer to Contradiction no. 5: We do not feel oblige to defend what the commentators of the Qur’an wrote, if they put forward their personal opinions. We can only answer objections raised against the Qur’an, the Sunnah, and the unanimous opinions of the first three generation Muslims.

As for the opinions (about Nafs or anything else) derived from the Vedas, it is a matter of common knowledge that you can derive any kind of opinion you like from the Vedas. The vast literature, and variety of opinions expressed therein, allows great leeway. Further, there is no central authority to refer to, so one is free to interpret and say, e.g., there are a million gods, or that there are three, or that there is only one, or that there is none; there is no authority to accept or reject your opinion.

You have yourself given the various meanings in which the word Nafs has been used in the Qur’an. Herewith, translation of the verses you have quoted, with the right meaning chosen for the world Nafs.

5a/1. Do they not see that Allah, who created the heavens and the earth, has the power to create the like of them? He has appointed a term for them, there is no doubt about it; but the unjust refuse except that they should reject. (17:99) & 5a/2. Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay, We are able to shape together the very tips of his fingers. But rather, man desires to continue sinning (in days) ahead of him. (75:3-4)

5b/1. O tranquil soul!1 Return to your Lord, well-pleased and well-pleasing (unto Him). Enter you among My (chosen) slaves. Enter My Paradise.’ (89:27-30) & 5b/2. Your creation and your upraising are not but like (that of) a single individual. Surely, Allah is All-hearing, All-seeing. (31:28)

Do you see any contradiction now between the two set of verses under 5a and 5b?

The Qur’an does not leave room for doubt that the Resurrection will be with the body and soul, except that it will happen in a world of different dimensions, of different kind of matter, of different laws, and different forces. Ibn `Abbas has said that nothing of the Hereafter resembles its counterpart in this world except that they share the same names. The Qur’an is after all, for the humans, and, therefore, it was inevitable to use the terminology employed by them. Deriving a literal meaning of terms used in connection with the Hereafter is inadvisable.

Answer to Contradiction no. 6: The translation of 51: 56 is incorrect. It should read, “I have not created men and Jinn but that they should worship Me alone.” That is, Allah did not create men and jinn because He wanted to be worshipped, but rather, since He created them – all by Himself – it is expected that they will not worship any but Him. This is the meaning intended by the verse.

Aren’t the zillions upon zillions of angels that He created, who worship none but Him, enough for Him, if at all He stood in need of devotion? If He needed men and Jinn to worship Him, for His satisfaction, would He not have forced them to do so? Would He not have broken the head of every foolhardy who bowed his head before false gods? Would He not have made mankind perish out of thirst and hunger by withholding rains, until, after the death of millions, the rest had axed down every idol, smashed every false god’s picture, reduced to dust every temple; and everyone bowed in obedience his starved bones, and broken will, before Him?

It is man’s self-centeredness, his egoism, his bigotry, his conceit and his overestimation of the self which led to the belief in the West that God needs him. This led the Church to persecute those scientists who demonstrated that the earth goes around the sun. Man was all too important for them to allow the earth, in which they lived, to go around the sun. The sun – they thought – should be slavishly going around the earth because they lived upon it.

Islam does not allow man any such self-delusion. Says the Qur’an (35: 17): “O people! You are the ones who are in need of Allah, while Allah is the Self-sufficient, the Praiseworthy. If He wishes, He can take you away and bring about a new creation. And that is not at all hard upon Allah.”

As for the Hadith of your quote: “I was a secret treasure, and I created the creatures in order that I might be known,” it is a fabricated one. We may remind ourselves of another, but trustworthy Hadith: Allah said,

“O My slaves, I have forbidden oppression unto Myself and have made it unlawful to you, therefore do not oppress each other. O My slaves, all of you are misguided save him whom I guided. Therefore seek guidance of Me, I shall guide you. O My slaves, all of you are hungry save him who I fed. Therefore ask food of Me and I shall feed you. O My slaves, all of you are naked save him I clothed. Therefore seek clothes of me and I shall clothe you. O My slaves, you sin by the day and by the night and I forgive all of your sins. Therefore, seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My slaves, you can never be in a position to harm Me that you might (attempt to) harm Me, neither can you ever be in a position to be of benefit to Me so that you might (try and) cause Me benefit. O My slaves, were the first of you and the last of you, the men of you and the jinn of you to become as pious as the most pious of you, that will not cause increase in My kingdom by any amount. O My slaves, were the first of you and the last of you, the men of you and the jinn of you to become as corrupt as the most corrupt of you, that will not cause decrease in My kingdom in the least. O My slaves, were the first of you, the last of you, the men of you and the jinn of you to gather together in a plain field and ask Me, and I were to grant everyone of you what he asked, that would not cause any decrease in My kingdom more than what would if a needle were to be dipped into the sea. O My slaves, it is nothing but your own deeds that I keep record of and then return them to you (in the form of retribution: good or bad). Therefore, let him who finds good, thank Allah, and let him who finds it other than that, blame none but himself.”

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by salykely(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2016
dueal:

From one irrelevant topic to another. We are not playing a numbers game and even if we were, Islam doesn't outnumber Christianity by people count. Your "warlord" was a conqueror of lands and nations yes, but he did not win every battle, some he took some he ran away. But that is not the discussion.

You call me ignorant, I say give me proof of your Prophets Prophetic abilities and stop blabing.

By history, the Quaran is not an original text, the proclaimed Prophet did not jot one word in his time, and the body of work called Quaran was developed after his demise. Not a glorious death at that. Some warlord.

You talk about hell and your belief in how Islam saves you. Funny, for a religion that believes that their God will take their sins and places it on Jews and Christians so his faithful will escape damnation, sounds to me like redemption...sorry, find someone else.

When you want to talk, use well researched arguments. Islam used to be my interest, now I see whats in it. Confusion, Politics, nothing soul certain.

Our argument started when u claimed that calling Jesus a mere Prophet was an insult. I responded with proofs that Jesus was not "mere" but he was certainly a Prophet. U should owned up to ur ignorance and accept that u never really evaluated the biblical Jesus as he should have.

On the Quran, it remain the only religious text that all its verses and chapters are recited from the heart I.e. Memorized completely. No textual authority support ur allegations. The Quran has passed the text of time and its remain whole unlike the bible with hundreds of versions.

I wont respond to you on the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad. It was never an issue here.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by dueal(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
salykely:

Our argument started when u claimed that calling Jesus a mere Prophet was an insult. I responded with proofs that Jesus was not "mere" but he was certainly a Prophet. U should owned up to ur ignorance and accept that u never really evaluated the biblical Jesus as he should have.

On the Quran, it remain the only religious text that all its verses and chapters are recited from the heart I.e. Memorized completely. No textual authority support ur allegations. The Quran has passed the text of time and its remain whole unlike the bible with hundreds of versions.

I wont respond to you on the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad. It was never an issue here.

I see where the disagreements stem from. But please get your facts right. I am not the one who says calling Jesus a Prophet, mere or majestic, is an insult.

The Quaran isn't the only religious text recited by heart by its faithful. The art of recitation came from the Jews and they still practice recitation of the Torah and Tanak.

So get you ideas right, and just because someone can tell me a story off his head doesn't produce anything of spiritual value.

About the Prophet title given to Mohammed, you can't find or give one because he has NONE. He's more of an Honorary Prophet...simple
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by salykely(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
dueal:

I see where the disagreements stem from. But please get your facts right. I am not the one who says calling Jesus a Prophet, mere or majestic, is an insult.

The Quaran isn't the only religious text recited by heart by its faithful. The art of recitation came from the Jews and they still practice recitation of the Torah and Tanak.

So get you ideas right, and just because someone can tell me a story off his head doesn't produce anything of spiritual value.

About the Prophet title given to Mohammed, you can't find or give one because he has NONE. He's more of an Honorary Prophet...simple

I must commend u for sustaining this argument with little or no insult. It is very unlike ur colleagues. Insulting Islam and our Prophet is their favourite pastime. I feel bad that I may not be able to educate u on Islam bc I see u worthy of conversing with. That as it may I pray that Allah heal ur sight to the light of Islam. Go in peace
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by dueal(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
salykely:

I must commend u for sustaining this argument with little or no insult. It is very unlike ur colleagues. Insulting Islam and our Prophet is their favourite pastime. I feel bad that I may not be able to educate u on Islam bc I see u worthy of conversing with. That as it may I pray that Allah heal ur sight to the light of Islam. Go in peace

Insults are uncalled for. Will like to have a conversation with you. About conversion, hmmm, maybe, who knows, you might see enlightenment on the other side.

Hope you have confirmed I never said calling Jesus a Servant or Prophet is an insult too.
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by DSaroos(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kdon2:

So allow Allah to take action now! Or na you be Allah?

Do whatever you like He's (Allah) waiting for you and I'm sure oneday you'll remember this God (Allah) will punished those who like to insult holy Prophet here in the world before they reach him in hereafter I swear
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Kdon2: 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
DSaroos:

Do whatever you like He's (Allah) waiting for you and I'm sure oneday you'll remember this God (Allah) will punished those who like to insult holy Prophet here in the world before they reach him in hereafter I swear

You dey swear on behalf of Allah or urself??
God is not as small minded as those who want to fight for Him. U get power reach God that u want to defend Him?? SMH
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Kdon2: 12:48am On Sep 03, 2016
nyabinghi:
tell your people to stop mocking the dead prophet and also to stop worshipping a dead jesus.

If He is dead your quran will not say He is coming back. Check your quran or ask real mallams dey will show you where it is in the quran!
Re: Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" by Kdon2: 12:57am On Sep 03, 2016
nyabinghi:
he is coming back indeed something that has been said for milleniums, jesus is dead and buried waiting to be judged by Allah.

Chai! You are not a good muslim...u don't know quran!!!jesus is coming back,its in d quran. (Qur'an, 3:55) Bukhari: 3.425, 4.657, 4.658.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Headmistress Of Success, Warri Schoolgirl Confirms Payment Of Her School Fees / Kenneth Ononeze Okwor Graduates From Harvard (Photos) / See The Reply This Guy Gave To A School Where They Pay 210K For Crèche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.