Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival (15906 Views)

Ten Most Popular Traditional Festival Celebrated In Igbo Land. / Announcement: Restriction Of Mov't In Ikorodu Due To Eluku Festival / Curfew In Ikorodu On Tuesday To Celebrate ‘eluku’ Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by snezBaba: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2016
phkka1:
Yorubas should stop this rubbish and allow beautiful Igbo women to go about their normal business.
The beautiful Igbo women should stay at their village.

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by OkoNDOoBo: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2016
phkka1:
Yorubas should stop this rubbish and allow beautiful Igbo women to go about their normal business.

U mean those bleached ipad Prostitutes that hang around around every brothel in south westgringrin

1 Like

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by femi4: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2016
sanchezJ:
Lol. My hometown. Na ALUKU not eluku.
its Eluku....o ki n wa le
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by warrenweste(m): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2016
Consultville:
I remember eluku in my hometown, #Okeigbo #ondostate

So your from oke Igbo? cheesy that's mum's town to.. Do u think the dreaded oke Igbo eluku is the same with these ikdu own?
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by warrenweste(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:
My mother's hometown of Ikorodu and Eluku festival..

Dem no dey carry last at all..

In 1986 during the burial of my maternal grandfather, these Eluku and his followers came to commiserate with the family at midnight with his scary voice..

Chai...I was frozen on my bed that midnight when I heard the voice of that Eluku near my window..

I give yansh to my mother's hometown and their uncountable Iledis especially in Ikorodu township like Itushokun, Itumoja, Itupate, Itunmeko, Aga, Ita-elewa ..

I prefer Epe my papa's hometown jare...

Anyway, proudly full-blooded Lagosian ...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Did you see it physically? shocked because I was told no one See's eluku n live after then.. And do u think the ikorodu eluku is the same with the oke Igbo own?
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by SaffronSpice: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2016
Acidosis:
Lol

Some of the traditional women from this town are the same categories of Nigerian made f00ls that would champion the "Gender Equality Bill" in the Nigerian Senate.

Until ORO is abolished in this country, gender equality will never work.

Until our women rise to fight all evil culture, the elite women who are themselves wives to these cultists in Lagos and beyond would continue to deceive the average Nigerian woman.

For gender equality and equity to work, all traditional leaders who support ORO and women oppression in ZOO-gerian must be severely beaten to pulp, including the Lawmakers who sponsor women oppression.

Just to add this, I will walk in Ikorodu if I have an appointment at any restrictive period stated and NOTHING will happen.

Let me see the f00l that will stop me from walking on a Federal Road.

I hereby advise the Nigerian army to open fire on any miscreant caught at the scene just in the same manner they acted in Zaira.

Long live ZOO-Gerian!

To those f00lish women on this thread and beyond who support this oppression on our wives and mothers, and still clamour for gender equality bill, may you marry an aggressive husband that will oppress you ONLY in the same manner ORO cultists oppress Ikorodu women.

You are an A-list clown.
The only reaction the thrash you posted should elicit is a facepalm.

4 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by mikepeace(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2016
DaSugarBoi:

11pm to 5am (23rd to 26th)

Thanks, the time is ok
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by 8BitGee(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

In 1986 during the burial of my maternal grandfather, these Eluku and his followers came to commiserate with the family at midnight with his scary voice..

Chai...I was frozen on my bed that midnight when I heard the voice of that Eluku near my window..

I give yansh to my mother's hometown and their uncountable Iledis especially in Ikorodu township like Itushokun, Itumoja, Itupate, Itunmeko, Aga, Ita-elewa ..

E we so o, my Ijebu sister. Mum's Ikorodu, dad's Ijebu outside.
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by 8BitGee(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Acidosis:
Lol

Some of the traditional women from this town are the same categories of Nigerian made f00ls that would champion the "Gender Equality Bill" in the Nigerian Senate.

Until our women rise to fight all evil culture, the elite women who are themselves wives to these cultists in Lagos and beyond would continue to deceive the average Nigerian woman.

For gender equality and equity to work, all traditional leaders who support ORO and women oppression in ZOO-gerian must be severely beaten to pulp, including the Lawmakers who sponsor women oppression.

Just to add this, I will walk in Ikorodu if I have an appointment at any restrictive period stated and NOTHING will happen.

I hereby advise the Nigerian army to open fire on any miscreant caught at the scene just in the same manner they acted in Zaira.

Long live ZOO-Gerian!

To those f00lish women on this thread and beyond who support this oppression on our wives and mothers, and still clamour for gender equality bill, may you marry an aggressive husband that will oppress you ONLY in the same manner ORO cultists oppress Ikorodu women.

Vacuous as usual. Enu e lo wa yen. Mschewww.

3 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by 151487made(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Daslim180:
Eluku festival kor, Eru iku festival nii.... Make una go restrict soldiers make them no pass.
go to EPE and ask why SOJA BARRACK was leta turned ito LASU EPE campus.

5 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by diplomat058(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
phkka1:
Are you the one to tell the yorubas how to go about their daily activities in their own?

2 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Moshopuma(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dear Residents of our great and ever forward looking Ikorodu Town. I want you all to ignore the rumor making the rounds that Non-Indigenous should not come out from Tuesday.
The true information is that Non-Indigenous should stay indoors from 11: 00 PM to 5:00 AM during the celebration of Eluku Festival which will run from Tuesday, August 23 - August 30, 2016... May i let you know that lkorodu value your co-existence and the well being of all and sundry and that the custodian and all well meaning Sons and Daughters of Ikorodu Land will do all humanly possible to protect the lives and properties of all irrespective of creed or Clime. For the purpose of emphasis, Eluku Festival is a key deities of lkorodu which only the indigenous participate in.
As it were in those days of yore, the ancestors of the land used such celebration to cleanse and offer special prayers for the land. In view of the goings on in and around the community, state and the nation, this is exigent. Please go about your legitimate responsibilities without any fear and remember to close before or at 11:00 PM while the celebration lasts. "Ikorodu a di headquarters. Aiye Oriwu a so ju mi..." This was the prayer of the founding fathers of Ikorodu Land. "Meaning lkorodu would be so prosperous and become a port of call to many people". This dream, the present sons and daughters of lkorodu key into and will do everything to keep this apace. Ikorodu a gbe dede eni ooo... Ase!
Credit: Prince Henry Ojoye.
#ProudlyIkoroduAmbassadors
Ajuse dede eni o!
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by diplomat058(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
phkka1:
Are you the one to tell the yorubas how to go about their daily activities in their own state?kiss undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Sunky200: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Consultville:
I remember eluku in my hometown, #Okeigbo #ondostate

yes, i had the opportunity to witness two annual festival of eluku in Ifetdo between 2008/2009.

mehn, that thing dey scary no be small. especially in the midnight when everyone in the street will be hearing its mini-thunderous voice like it has a megaphone volume and the most annoying part is eluku ability to forwarn who ever dares him even from far far away.

guy, that eluku matter no be small small matter

3 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
warrenweste:

Did you see it physically? shocked because I was told no one See's eluku n live after then.. And do u think the ikorodu eluku is the same with the oke Igbo own?

See it physically ke?!

It is an abomination for women oh..

But you will hear his scary voice and an accompanying sounds made by his adherents and you will poo on your bed with fright,lol..

But the men in my mother's family went out to return their homage and gave them gifts..

But in the entire neighborhood Eluku walks by, you will hear his voice whether male or female..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
8BitGee:

E we so o, my Ijebu sister. Mum's Ikorodu, dad's Ijebu outside.

E we so o oh, Ijebu alare.. Ikorodu Oga, Ilu ti ko si alaaru.. grin grin grin grin grin (That was oriki ikorodu then, I don't know if they still accept that oriki now)

Anyway, Ikorodu will argue with you that they are not Ijebu and I think they are right..

Only the aged Ikorodu indigenes speak Ijebu while the young generation speak Lagos Yoruba..

Your dad is from Ijebu Ode abi? Now that is a highly fashion-conscious and very social Ijebu tribe alongside Ikorodu..

Proudly Yoruba.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by kolajoo(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

Still, Ikorodu blood still ruin in your vein grin. You know what you are talking about mama. Truly Omo Eko lagospikin grin
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
This traditionalist or idol worshippers are fast becoming a nuisance everywhere. Nigeria is a secular society
everyone is free to practice whatever religion br chooses but when you now start inconvenincing people Because of whatever thrash you believe in is the height of disregard and intolerance. What If you're going to work or coming back from work?what if you work at night OR you're a doctor who is called to attend to an emergency or someone about to give birth? undecided

Why do Nigerians behave like barbarians.Christians practice their religion without telling anyone not to go out ot come in.Muslims do the same so which one is all this demonic agents walking around. Government needs to step into this their matter undecided

They're the same people that will wear colourful pieces of rags that they call masquerade with cane making a public show of themselves, causing a nuisance to passers by,harassing people for money .ig it's not masquerade festival it IS oro now eluku undecided

Jobless and shameless touts undecided
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

See it physically ke?!

It is an abomination for women oh..

But you will hear his scary voice and an accompanying sounds made by his adherents and you will poo on your bed with fright,lol..

But the men in my mother's family went out to return their homage and gave them gifts..

But in the entire neighborhood Eluku walks by, you will hear his voice whether male or female..

they are spiritually polluting and contaminating the environment undecided
They are fetish and diabolical touts relaesing and inviting all kinds of demons to the environment undecided

Thats Why you see people in a local community behave alike, poor,frustrated, wicked and hopeless with numerous kids they can't even take care of undecided

This people constituting nuisance. Do you see them do well in their careers.THEY are the dregs of the society. No do wells.have you seen decent people do thrash they do undecided
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
kolajoo:
Still, Ikorodu blood still ruin in your vein grin. You know what you are talking about mama. Truly Omo Eko lagospikin grin

I cant deny my mother's hometown na..

I don't agree with some of their lifestyle especially their paying more attention to partying than education, but well, Ikorodu still remains part of my origin..

Those people can party eh!!
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
irunoko:
they are spiritually polluting and contaminating the environment undecided
They are fetish and diabolical touts undecided

It's their belief and I don't judge them..

That is for God to decide, not me..
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by MrGerald(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
samnificent:
Other tribes will come and start bashing.... They Are preserving their culture
Is the culture going into extinction, why are they preserving it...?
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
kolajoo:

Once related to Ikorodu, Ikorodu will always run in one's blood no matter what..

Proudly Ikorodu and Epe

Proudly Lagospikin... grin grin grin grin
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by kolajoo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

I cant deny my mother's hometown na..

I don't agree with some of their lifestyle especially their paying more attention to partying than education, but well, Ikorodu still remains part of my origin..

Those people can party eh!!
Ikorodu women and party are like 5/6 and the reason why I don't go near Ikorodu women grin they can drain their men bank account for party, lifestyle. I lie ma? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

I no talk anything oh....
you don't have to.even the bible stated it that the children of doom carry out their evil deeds at night because the dark is the only time that can cover their despicable practises

If they know whatever they're doing IS nothing to be ashamed of or they're proud of it why can't they do it in the day

If whatever they're practicing is truly religion Why can't they do it in the day afterall I haven't seen Christians ashamed of their religion or Muslims.

Agents from the pit OF hell looking for souls to destroy undecided
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by ajepako(f): 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
irunoko:
you don't have to.even the bible stated it that the children of doom carry out their evil deeds at night because the dark is the only time that can cover their despicable practises

If they know whatever they're doing IS nothing to be ashamed of or they're proud of it why can't they do it in the day

If whatever they're practicing is truly religion Why can't they do it in the day afterall I haven't seen Christians ashamed of their religion or Muslims.

Agents from the pit OF hell looking for souls to destroy undecided

So, why are you directing your tirade at me?

I am only related to them by ancestry and not by religion..

We don't have a say in where we are born , do we?

So, why the beef with me?
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

So, why are you directing your tirade at me?

I am only related to them by ancestry and not by religion..

We don't have a say in where we are born , do we?

So, why the beef with me?
I'm not beefing you .I have No such time. But their supporters. THEY irritate the living day light out of me
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
bodee:
I can only hope that this rubbish will be totally put to an end even in all the nooks and crannies of the country. Human sacrifices in this 21st century!

Shut up! Culture is culture. Tradition is traditiona. Nothing in the articles states there would be human sacrifice. They are only preserving thier tradition. Leave the comfort of zone and hit Asian countries and watch them do exactly same. Brainwashed mofos be screaming 21st century

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Acidosis:
Lol

Long live ZOO-Gerian!

exactly. I'm with you on that.imagine wasting time which is equal to money, man hours and days because of some barbaric and crude bull shit. How are we going to develop intellectually, scientifically and economically with diabolical and superstious bull shit like this.this is very irritating and preposterous.in a country that calls itself a secular state.some group of cultists will come out and say people shouldn't go about their daily buisness especially women

What kind of nonsense is that undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by irunoko(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Shut up! Culture is culture. Tradition is traditional. Nothing in the articles states there would be human sacrifice. They are only preserving thier tradition. Leave the comfort of zone and hit Asian countries and watch them do exactly same. Brainwashed mofos be screaming 21st century
which kind of useless culture will say women shouldn't go about their daily buisness undecided

Please Nigeria is already a jungle don't let it deteriorate to an animal farm with crass and crude practices you people call tradition

If not for enlightenment your likes will still be killing twins, circumcizing female children, killing albinos and abusing widows.that one too na tradition. Agents of darkness hiding behind tradition to justify your depravities undecided
Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
irunoko:
which kind of useless culture will say women shouldn't go about their daily buisness undecided

Please Nigeria is already a jungle don't let it deteriorate to an animal farm with crass and crude practices you people call tradition

If not for enlightenment your likes will still be killing twins, circumcizing female children, killing albinos and abusing widows.that one too na tradition. Agents of darkness hiding behind tradition to justify your depravities undecided

Your imported religions have killed more people than our ancestral religions combined. What daily business do they have in the midnight? Are they thieves? Are they security operatives?

You lots are learned but always fail to apply that education where you ought to.

2 Likes

Re: Eluku Festival: Movement Restriction In Ikorodu Over Traditional Festival by 8BitGee(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
ajepako:

E we so o oh, Ijebu alare.. Ikorodu Oga, Ilu ti ko si alaaru.. grin grin grin grin grin (That was oriki ikorodu then, I don't know if they still accept that oriki now)

Anyway, Ikorodu will argue with you that they are not Ijebu and I think they are right..

Only the aged Ikorodu indigenes speak Ijebu while the young generation speak Lagos Yoruba..

Your dad is from Ijebu Ode abi? Now that is a highly fashion-conscious and very social Ijebu tribe alongside Ikorodu..

Proudly Yoruba.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How is it that they are not Ijebu? Small time Epe will claim it is not Ijebu, just as Remo has done. Eee niyen o as my grand ma would say.

Omo alagemo merindinlogun kaare o wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates Alafere, Oya & Ijugbe Festivals (Photos) / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.