Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Bedtime Story Of A CS Student - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bedtime Story Of A CS Student (1134 Views)

I Need The Service Of Good Cs-cart Or Php/mysql Programmers Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
I am a final year student of computer science, moderately good at programming(variables,functions,classes,constants,objects,methods,operators)with C,C++,Python,Javascript,PHP. Now the problem is i can not bring myself to figuring out what to do after school, especially considering the fact that i need to find a way of being employed and earning immediately after school because i drained my parents alot throughout my years of studying and i honestly don't think they can tolerate having me jobless.
So anyway after a deep research and analysis, i gathered a few options which are:
1. Become a web developer: I do not like this at all , people are very annoying, i honestly think this is one of the hardest jobs on earth. It is almost impossible to satisfy your client needs,because it is impossible to know exactly what he/she wants.
2. Hardware repair and maintenance: They are probably a million people that can do this better than me, and also having myself in a room filled with motherboards,processors,hard-drives doesnt sound so enticing
3. Software support: Wow! This sounds like the perfect job, but again there are probably too many people that can do it better than me.
4. Database officer: Another sweet cake.

5.Systems Analyst: x=input( "do you have any experience?" )
if(x=="no" ) :
print("Sorry you are not qualified" )
6.Networks officer: yes i can set up a lan within an organisation,and maybe even a wan between two very close organizations with a platform that adheres to OSI or TCP/IP but i know employers will probably go for candidates with cisco,ccna,ccnp certifications.
7.Lecturer: I can hardly present inclass so no no no

As you can see as a comp.sci graduate, i have a lot of options but what i really want is to have my own startup, build a company that focuses on solving societal problems.I wish I can just find I group of guys and start building our dream company without having to worry about poor electricity, bad internet or other stupid problems.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I just needed to write something before I slept,becauze when I am starting writin ths I m nt slepy but now I am very slepy.
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout<<"GoodNight";
}

2 Likes

Re: Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by olarid01: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2016
Badyear:
I am a final year student of computer science, moderately good at programming(variables,functions,classes,constants,objects,methods,operators)with C,C++,Python,Javascript,PHP. Now the problem is i can not bring myself to figuring out what to do after school, especially considering the fact that i need to find a way of being employed and earning immediately after school because i drained my parents alot throughout my years of studying and i honestly don't think they can tolerate having me jobless.
So anyway after a deep research and analysis, i gathered a few options which are:
1. Become a web developer: I do not like this at all , people are very annoying, i honestly think this is one of the hardest jobs on earth. It is almost impossible to satisfy your client needs,because it is impossible to know exactly what he/she wants.
2. Hardware repair and maintenance: They are probably a million people that can do this better than me, and also having myself in a room filled with motherboards,processors,hard-drives doesnt sound so enticing
3. Software support: Wow! This sounds like the perfect job, but again there are probably too many people that can do it better than me.
4. Database officer: Another sweet cake.

5.Systems Analyst: x=input( "do you have any experience?" )
if(x=="no" ) :
print("Sorry you are not qualified" )
6.Networks officer: yes i can set up a lan within an organisation,and maybe even a wan between two very close organizations with a platform that adheres to OSI or TCP/IP but i know employers will probably go for candidates with cisco,ccna,ccnp certifications.
7.Lecturer: I can hardly present inclass so no no no

As you can see as a comp.sci graduate, i have a lot of options but what i really want is to have my own startup, build a company that focuses on solving societal problems.I wish I can just find I group of guys and start building our dream company without having to worry about poor electricity, bad internet or other stupid problems.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I just needed to write something before I slept,becauze when I am starting writin ths I m nt slepy but now I am very slepy.
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout<<"GoodNight";
}

#include <studio.h>
int main(void){
printf("Good Morning"wink;
}
Re: Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by Collinz2(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2016
public class goodday{
public static void main(string[] args){
System.out.println("good day guys."wink;
}
}

1 Like

Re: Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by Sync201(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm....
I suggest you go for application programming, create apps for andriod,blackberry and apple phones or desktop apps.
If your app is good it will sell,but dont make developing apps your business because sometimes your app might grow for a while and get may 10K+ download or 100k+ and that its.
*Develope some softwares and sell it to companies.
*Become a freelancer online, there are many freelance jobs you get online its a good start for you.
Re: Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sync201:
Hmmm....
I suggest you go for application programming, create apps for andriod,blackberry and apple phones or desktop apps.
If your app is good it will sell,but dont make developing apps your business because sometimes your app might grow for a while and get may 10K+ download or 100k+ and that its.
*Develope some softwares and sell it to companies.
*Become a freelancer online, there are many freelance jobs you get online its a good start for you.

Yes!, Thank you for a very good advice but why the hmmmm if i may ask
Re: Bedtime Story Of A CS Student by VenantCode(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Badyear:

Yes!, Thank you for a very good advice but why the hmmmm if i may ask
Because this is a fresh upcoming niche in software development as related to Nigeria and you could bet that you will surely enjoy yourself and of course make enough money to live nicely. #WelcomeToTheSoftwareWorld.
By the way you can also check out Machine Learning (just recently got into it and i'm loving it). All the best

(1) (Reply)

I Need SQL Help / What Has Happened To Telegram App?? / Practical Steps In Building An Android, Ios, Java App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.