Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University (12421 Views)

No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / Abubakar Ibrahim Is The "Longest" In Kwara State Polytechnic (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by validstar1: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
This is terrible... Funaab own better
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by walemoney007(m): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
Judolisco:
same we all pay d same fees, departmental fee may differ twas 17k in my dept last session its now 20k
Jesus Christ...departmental fee is 17k ke....in oou we pay 500naira
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Mrstranger:

Will you please be more specific and detail. I don''t understand what you are trying to proof

Well, if you are interested

1.In 2009....ASUU and the FG signed an agreement to give universities extra funding to the tune of N3 trillion over the next two years.

2.In 2013....that money had not been paid. ASUU went on strike , and the government told them that the N3 trillion was not available. Instead (as I said earlier) Govt offered them N1 trillion over 5 years in extra funding. Since then only N200bn of that money has been paid.

3.In 2014...oil prices dropped, and with that, the money flowing into Nigeria's treasury dropped. As a result...the goverment today has no money to spend on unviersites, save what is budgeted in the education budget.(Which tis year is not even up to N1 trillion, and most of it is going to primary and secondary schools anyway)

4.VC's are left with two choices.....either keep fees low, and have poor running costs. OR keep fees high and at least meet running costs. Then thanks to falling oil prices, subventions to university are falling.

5.It costs $100M a year to keep a university in good shape. Nigerian universities at best get $10M (or less) every year. Also.it costs N600,000 every year to train just one student. You pay N150000-200000 now. Govt pays the rest. (Private universities where Govt does not pay anything like subvention charge fees in the region of N400000-800000).

In conclusion, it is not that I hate Nigerian students....after all, am a proud graduate of a Nigerian university. But , fact is , our universities need money. Far more than you can comprehend. And that money has to come from somewhere. It cannot come from the sky(and it won't come from the recovered loot...because there are other needy sectors of the same Nigerian economy).

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by easyhacq(m): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Deen77:

I need the school fees for an accounting students.
The school fees for all student is N109,000
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by dantori(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Femiartalade:
Dear Sir,
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR, KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY MALETE.

Sir,we as a body, reached the decision to write to you through this means because we want it to be seen and read by all and sundry. We are using this medium to commend you for the good work You have been doing in our institution. Aiming at being a world class university, you've been working tirelessly to achieve this,kudos to you sir.
The economic situation of Nigeria is not a clandestine thing, so therefore, we wish to state here and now that 29th of August 2016 which is the deadline for payment is too close.For the benefit of those that dont know; it means our school portal will be closed and there wont be any room for course registration.

However, note that not every state is financially buoyant now not to even make mention of paying their workers up to date, so how will they afford to pay the school fees within the stipulated time afterward they must have fought tooth and nail to cope with the economic situation of the country?
Adding to this, all fingers are not equal and in this case,the students agree to pay every kind of charges we are "forced" to pay on the note role our plea is granted.

However, we as a body would like you to consider the outrageous amount of money we pay every year, just to continue to be in session.
School fees: indigene non-indigene
109,500 209,500

College fee: 20,000
Hand book: 3000

Hostel: male(bed space) female(bedspace)
65,000 55,000
And other charges.....

Please sir, we want you to consider the fact that all fingers are not equal. It will be to our delight, if the school hostel is not made compulsory as it will reduce the burden of getting more money to pay.
We expect our problems to be your worries as you must be aware that the economy is in recession. God bless you sir,
God bless KWASU,
God bless kwara state,
God bless Nigeria

You should direct your letter to Bukola and not the VC he can't do pooh about it

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by WOruGunu(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
with the current situation of Nigeria and the school are still considering their own pocket which dey kno dat some student can get a self contain of 50k and be 2 or 3 in a room. whether u want to stay or not final year student must pay for hostel, it's very unfair but hope KWASU is nt expecting the graduate to do anything tangible for the school.I jst hope someone out Dere will come to our aid tru God's intervention. as at now I don't even av d full skul fee yet am thinkin abt other fees.its not fair at all
lalasticlala pls help us wit dis one
front page pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Azumy(f): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
easyhacq:
This year I was giving admission, but couldn't go after discovering their high fees they pay on everything and the mandatory school hostels

Now jejely waiting for Abu Zaria
hey plz any info on ABU screening?
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by PAPI4LYF(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
almost all state uni r d same what of ansu (coou) their fee Na die I feel ur pains my fellow student
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Judolisco(m): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
walemoney007:
Jesus Christ...departmental fee is 17k ke....in oou we pay 500naira
that was for last session
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by easyhacq(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Azumy:
hey plz any info on ABU screening?
All we hear is that they are going to release their screening form in early august, but now august is almost ending and we haven't see their form.

to me Abu Zaria is a slowpoke when compare to Kwasu
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Skmoda360(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
cruz419:
Lol,, no be una one go d skol na by force I no a number of people dat have withdrew from dat skol cos dey can no longer cope with d fees!! D gov of d day care less oo just recently dey increased d fees for unity skol too!!
but i graduate...no pun intend.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Skmoda360(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
femsim:
Thank God im free frm kwasu wahala. ...n from nallah wahala....useless v.c
my guy it's nt easy.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
robinicule:
embarassed somebody hear our cry..this extortion is too much! we dont pluck money from trees, our parents are also affected by this demeaning economy, instead they decided to double up some useless fees that I've seen of no relevance and make some crappy ones mandatory, Pls all the mods in the world come to our rescue, i dont know if you guys have been hearing about all this exorbitant extortions happening in our school, we are all scared to say something to the school because of the fear of expulsion 'kwasu can expel even the vc' this is the only medium we know, and i hope other students can come out to support us to. God bless!

cc: seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
obinoscopy
Farano
I See U bro
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

[s]Well, if you are interested

1.In 2009....ASUU and the FG signed an agreement to give universities extra funding to the tune of N3 trillion over the next two years.

2.In 2013....that money had not been paid. ASUU went on strike , and the government told them that the N3 trillion was not available. Instead (as I said earlier) Govt offered them N1 trillion over 5 years in extra funding. Since then only N200bn of that money has been paid.

3.In 2014...oil prices dropped, and with that, the money flowing into Nigeria's treasury dropped. As a result...the goverment today has no money to spend on unviersites, save what is budgeted in the education budget.(Which tis year is not even up to N1 trillion, and most of it is going to primary and secondary schools anyway)

4.VC's are left with two choices.....either keep fees low, and have poor running costs. OR keep fees high and at least meet running costs. Then thanks to falling oil prices, subventions to university are falling.

5.It costs $100M a year to keep a university in good shape. Nigerian universities at best get $10M (or less) every year. Also.it costs N600,000 every year to train just one student. You pay N150000-200000 now. Govt pays the rest. (Private universities where Govt does not pay anything like subvention charge fees in the region of N400000-800000).

In conclusion, it is not that I hate Nigerian students....after all, am a proud graduate of a Nigerian university. But , fact is , our universities need money. Far more than you can comprehend. And that money has to come from somewhere. It cannot come from the sky(and it won't come from the recovered loot...because there are other needy sectors of the same Nigerian economy).[/s]
U support the Exorbitant Exploitation of Money from students by the University? Wtf!! I suspect u are an authoritative personel in d school..
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
FuckBuhari:
U support the Exorbitant Exploitation of Money from students by the University? Wtf!! I suspect u are an authoritative personel in d school..

1.No I don't.

2.The problem is...universities need money to look good. And even during GEJ's good times we could not afford to pay the extra money needed to make our universities look good.

A university in the UK recently got 600million pounds to fund malaria research. How many Nigerian unis have money like that?

Either fees go up.....or we continue to have half baked universities, with half baked graduates, who lose out to children of the rich who go abroad. And the money needed is in trillions.,.....far more than our budget. Sorry....but it is fact.

Or we all pay half our salaries as tax to fund universities....like they do in Denmark.

Truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.No I don't.

2.The problem is...universities need money to look good. And even during GEJ's good times we could not afford to pay the extra money needed to make our universities look good.

A university in the UK recently got 600million pounds to fund malaria research. How many Nigerian unis have money like that?

Either fees go up.....or we continue to have half baked universities, with half baked graduates, who lose out to children of the rich who go abroad. And the money needed is in trillions.,.....far more than our budget. Sorry....but it is fact.

Or we all pay half our salaries as tax to fund universities....like they do in Denmark.

Truth is bitter.
I get what U are Emphasising sir! Do U still know Of a Professional Degree Program In That KWASU That Students Pay 300,000 naira a Year? 4 FvCk sake, How Much would One make after Graduating from d school?? The fee Is Too Much for a State University (Post-Secondary School) To pay...
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Notice That almost Everyone who is Obviously a Student Of KWASU(Post-Secondary School) Who Commented On The Topic has His/Her Pix Removed... Now You Should Know Y Exorbitant Amounts Would B imposed on students... I am also a Student...
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by babiboo(f): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Making complaints here n anywhere else wouldn't do much. I remember the first and last protest we had in that school concerning the fees n closing of portal, nothin was done instead students were expelled. We all know d economy ain't smiling but try to b an enterprising youth n assist ur parents with your fees. I paid 210k excluding accommodation for 4 yrs as a non-indegene. Moreso, d hostel ain't compulsory. You can live off campus (Malete), there are houses of 70k n u share with 2 mates. Forget about staging any protest or complaint or get ready to kiss your previous fees goodbye
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
mhiztaNexy:
e pele Mr brain detector. so how much for service now? gorimapa oshi

Sharrap! The guy spoke the truth after you came and drop sh-t on a sensible thread. Isn't Kwara North-Central? I have junior colleagues that finished from that school. So don't say unnecessary things.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
I weep for my state under a mai guard
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by favouriteYSF(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
mhiztaNexy:
I feel so painful and more painful because this wouldn't be treated asap or taken seriously because it doesn't concern the north or its not located in the north. biased country with biased recognition.

For the record,
Kwara state is in North central of the geopolitical zone, kindly check that and thank me later
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Gentlesoul96(m): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
May God save us from Kwasu. The rate at which we are been exploit is too much. I can remember last semester, a payment of counselling fee was introduced some week to d exam and it's a must to pay before a person can write exam.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Shegricho: 2:43am On Aug 24, 2016
When we asked them to vote for Ajibola they didn't listen, they where busy shouting mai gida and sai leader upandawn.
Now their eyes has cleared.

Well, we probably should pray for kwara state that every negative leadership should be removed, even other schools that are ten times better than KWASU in all ramifications extend their deadline.

Each time i see bullshits like this, i just get angry all over again over the shithole of a mess our leaders has put us to through careless spending.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Shegricho: 2:50am On Aug 24, 2016
babiboo:
Making complaints here n anywhere else wouldn't do much. I remember the first and last protest we had in that school concerning the fees n closing of portal, nothin was done instead students were expelled. We all know d economy ain't smiling but try to b an enterprising youth n assist ur parents with your fees. I paid 210k excluding accommodation for 4 yrs as a non-indegene. Moreso, d hostel ain't compulsory. You can live off campus (Malete), there are houses of 70k n u share with 2 mates. Forget about staging any protest or complaint or get ready to kiss your previous fees goodbye

Madame, it seems you didn't read the part that says hostel is compulsory for freshers and finalists
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by robinicule(m): 5:47am On Aug 24, 2016
babiboo:
please cultivate the habit of reading.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by bolseas(f): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2016
when I told my sister in law that my younger sister requested for money for Teaching Practice. She said that can't be true, because she also did Teaching Practice and she didn't pay.

I visited Kwasu website where I confirmed that the students had to pay between 12k and 18k for teaching practice depending on your level.

this is not fair at all....
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by kelmicheal: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2016
sharup joor! na long throat carry u go kwasu because their academic calender is very fast now you dont want to pay for it.if not wat wil carry u go kwasu such an expensive state university.the truth of the matter those students who can afford it are not complaining .cut ur clothes according to ur size.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Azumy(f): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2016
easyhacq:
All we hear is that they are going to release their screening form in early august, but now august is almost ending and we haven't see their form.

to me Abu Zaria is a slowpoke when compare to Kwasu
yea u r ryt.
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Femiartalade(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
kelmicheal:
sharup joor! na long throat carry u go kwasu because their academic calender is very fast now you dont want to pay for it.if not wat wil carry u go kwasu such an expensive state university.the truth of the matter those students who can afford it are not complaining .cut ur clothes according to ur size.

Walahi no vex...if not that am in a happy moond...i would have said "you are a big fool"
Re: An Open Letter To The V.C Kwara State University by Femiartalade(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
babiboo:

Are u sure u finished from Kwasu?

I doubt it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Jamb Accept Civic Education As One Of UTME Subject Combination? / Unaab Unaab Unaab!!!!!! / My Own Little Way Of giving back: 10k each for lucky Nigerian students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.