Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council (8143 Views)

90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates / See The Current Prices Of Commodities In Nigeria - Vanguard's Consumer Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by SunFlow(m): 1:18am On Aug 23, 2016
The south-east zonal coordinator of Consumer Protection Council led and headed by Mrs Ngozika Obidike has impounded 69 and half crates of expired Guinness Alcoholic drinks from a warehouse located at Awka-Ofemmili, Awka North LGA of Anambra State, allegedly belonging to a major distributor to Guinness Nigeria Plc.

Mrs Ngozika Obidike who made this known to newsmen in Awka, said the seizure was made following complaints by residents of the area, about possible food poisoning after consuming, Guinness Africa Special Alcoholic drinks allegedly purchased from the distributor.

According to her, “the complainant, Mr Ikechukwu Nnajidenma and his friends experienced severe purging and vomiting which made them to look at the bottles and found out that the drinks had expired. Immediately, we visited the warehouse with policemen, and discovered that 69 and half cartons of the Guinness drink have all expired. We (CPC) quickly took custody of them.”

Mrs Obidike who stated that the CPC has commenced investigations to ascertain the actual source of the expired products being sold to unsuspecting members of the public, also advised people to be mindful of the expiry dates on processed foods and drinks before consuming them.

The south-east coordinator of Consumer Protection Council further disclosed that the ceased items alongside other expired and unwholesome consumable products in the custody of the council would be destroyed publicly in line with the mandate of the council. “our job is to eliminate hazardous products from the market and address consumer’s Complaints amicably through investigation, mediation and conciliation. We shall destroy this drinks as well, because that is our mandate”. Correspondent reports that the expiry date on the label of the ceased Guinness products was 14th May 2016, while there were still being sold to the public as at 30th May, when the CPC raided the warehouse and impounded the products.

source: http://xtrimlaughs.com/2016/08/consumer-protection-council-impounds-expired-guinness-products-anambra/
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by omusiliyu(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2016
There's no point in checking location or region.

Nigerians in general and faked/expired goods are like 5 and 6.

I dedicate this FTC to all Nairalanders.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 23, 2016
The two dudes above me thouqh....

I think it is time we start checking people's network providers before they reqister on Nairaland.....

Haha.....those quyz are on 10G....

Back to the topic.....

Guinees itself is dangerous to health not to talk of expired ones......

Anyway....I will want dhiz people to look into sausaqes(Gala and co).......

I bought 'Bigi' yesterday and the production date is today......couldn't believe my eyes......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by moscobabs(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Last to comment
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by 2rublues(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Coming back to comment
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Thisis2raw(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2016
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Emmaoga: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2016
ALL EVIL AND DEADLY MARKETERS THAT WANTS TO KILL WE THE MASSES WITH THERE FAKE, EXPIRED AND BELOW STANDARD GOODS,,,,,

I SAY UNTO YOU.....

OLI GOZE FYRE.......amen
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by DannyJ19(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2016
No wonder they get drunk after drinking (1) bottle.....cheesy
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Emmaoga: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2016
ModsAreMad:
The two dudes above me thouqh....

I think it is time we start checking people's network providers before they reqister on Nairaland.....

Haha.....those quyz are on 10G....

I think say na only me they notice the thing....

my friend bought gala say yesterday, and checked the manufacturing and expiring date only to see the manufacturing date to be the date of next tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by striker9(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2016
smh....
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by etibaba(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2016
People just dont care abt human lifes anymore, all they want is to make cash.
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by ALAYORMII: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Expired Guinness drink
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Herbephe1(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2016
Nigeria really needs God's intervention

1 Like

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by SunFlow(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2016
Its really serious
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Pavore9: 8:46am On Aug 23, 2016
One must be careful with what is being consumed.
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by BABANGBALI: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2016
Anambra? Make I Google what part of the country Anambra is and quickly report to NCAN headquarters

1 Like

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by BABANGBALI: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Lala likes Guinness and fried snake meat
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by psp2pc(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2016
I won't be tempted to be a member of NCAN, even if form is free

1 Like

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by laviecontinue: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2016
Alcohol=poison(obviously) but consuming expired poison?
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm. Humans and Greed na 5&6

1 Share

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by shamecurls(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2016
grin grin grin

Strange News always coming from the Middle-East

1 Like

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Daniel058(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
Oh noo, i fink Mr President need to hear this..
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
hmmm

I come against any & every feeling trying to tempt me into joining NCAN.
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by wristbangle: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2016
In general, we Nigerians don't value our lives. We don't even know the implication of expired food/drink commodities in our system, health wise, etc. Smh honestly. Guinness needs to sack the entire production team in that region because this will dent diageo image worldwide who are known for their altruistic values. This will be an added advantage for Nigeria beweries in that region
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Daniel058(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2016
abuayman:
Hmmm. Humans and Greed na 5&6
and na the same Greed make you upload that two pic at the same time
grin

1 Like

Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Abbeyme: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2016
All eyes on those dates henceforth.
Re: Expired Guinness Products Impounded In Anambra By Consumer Protection Council by Daniel058(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2016
Daniel058:
and na the same Greed make you upload that two pic at the same time grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Preserve Fried Meat / Yoruba People And Oily Food / Healthy, Low-calorie Substitutes For Common Nigerian Meals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.