Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary (26022 Views)

Youths Beat Customs Officer In Lagos Over Man's Death. Photos / Nigerian Couple In UK Arrested For Slapping Babysitter Over Salary Increment / Abia State University Graduate Killed By Gateman In Uturu, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by ifyalways(f): 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
And yes, 20,000 ngn per month for your security in VGC is poor! The security should be getting nothing less than 35,000 per month.

Reasons:
High cost of living in VGC. He has to eat, mama put in VGC area (closest place he can get mama put anyways is at ikota complex gate and ikota village) and Mushin/Egbeda/Ikorodu etc no be same levels.

He won't be able to augment his salary with any other petty trading eg kisok beside the house as is obtainable in other places.

There is however no excuses or justification for what he did.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Ezionye(f): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
esuLAAROYE:
may her soul rest in peace. at the same time, i won't blame that gateman. some rich Nigerians are so greedy,stingy and selfcentered. the woman may never want to increase the gateman peanut salary which is not upto what she used to feed her dogs. they want the poor to die in penury while they serve the rich till death. #ONEDAY, the poor will have nothing left to eat other than their rich fellows#

U dnt blame the gateman??

So he is justified right?

Smh
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by greggng: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
There is no justification for killing the madam. If condition of service is not okay for you, please resign and look for another job. All those saying the gate man's job doesn't add any economic value to the nation should think again. Remember robbers could ve come for the madam and the gate man's life would be on the line. I ve seen a gate man that shouted oga run oooo thieve Don enter oooo. They oga excaped but the gate man was shot and he died. No life is better than the other what makes the difference is the opportunity we ve. Finally motivation brings out the best in ur workers

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Pidggin(f): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
How can a woman be living all alone by herself. No husband, no boyfriend not even adopted child in her mansion yet she could not pay 30k salary to a gateman. Some people have forgoten that there no how u can live ur life in isolation that when evil will happen the person will be consumed by it. I am not jurging pls. God doest not want us to live in isolation.

Very true, she could have adopted or at least had a pet dog, she must have been a loner. RIP to her, may God help us.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Gthzz(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
What a wicket worl, he should hav jus quit
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by marv1: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
jagugu88li:

Even if she had company, that person wouldn't be handcuffed to her 24/7 trust me. This means the guard would have gotten an opportunity to kill here anyway.

When I mentioned her having friends and all, I was simply trying to show that she was not "completely" isolated but rather chose to go home to an empty house.
Sir, when death comes knocking, hiding places hide too

My dear if a man that falls into a ditch could not teach others coming behind him some lesson. Then they must be ready to be fall into the same ditch. When death comes knocking, God can use anybody around u to be ur guadian angel at any time of evil but when u dont have anyone around an ordinary abooki gateman that u are not in good terms with can kill u for his selfish reasons and go back to sambisa forest to hide because he is ur domestic staff. We only a step btw life and death.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by marv1: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
greggng:
There is no justification for killing the madam. If condition of service is not okay for you, please resign and look for another job. All those saying the gate man's job doesn't add any economic value to the nation should think again. Remember robbers could ve come for the madam and the gate man's life would be on the line. I ve seen a gate man that shouted oga run oooo thieve Don enter oooo. They oga excaped but the gate man was shot and he died. No life is better than the other what makes the difference is the opportunity we ve. Finally motivation brings out the best in ur workers
U are talking like this because u are reasonable not everyman on the street is that reasonable. Also u dont know the kind of relatnship betw the woman and gateman which is different from the one u have stated.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by esuLAAROYE(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Ezionye:

U dnt blame the gateman??

So he is justified right?

Smh
the gateman bleeped up too. killing her wasn't the right thing but some heartless rich folks deserves to be purnish for their heartlessness. who knows how much the dead woman owed the gateman when she was alive.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by doskie(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
marv1:
So friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members are living inside the mansion with her? Yes she is not obliged to have a company even at 50, its her choice, her house and her life, yet she is dead now. May be she would have had the company at 70yrs but its too late. Keep deceiving urself. Who owns the house now? The company she did not want will now begin to use the house. How can u be living in a mansion and u can not be in good terms with ur domestic staff or better still employ from corperate security company just for her own security sake. If she had done this, perhaps it would have been avoided. Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. Pls am not jurging anyone.
it is even better to adopt poor children or relatives from someone's village than to stay alone with one volatile aboki. I live in vgc... The news i heard was that she recently changed some money to dollars and that the aboki came inside, killed her, took her money and ran away. There is a meeting now among house owners to drive all these abokis finally out of vgc. They are a security threat. They are too volatile and can never be traced. Hausa should go to the north where they belong. Even the ones that ride okada inside lekki are no better than rams.

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Laird(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
DIFY20:
Dis is wat happen wen u was employ agbero or omonille as ur gatemate.....u guys shuld shud stop employing yoribas but rather employ hausa

That quote is racist to both Yoruba and Hausa..I am igbo
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by izuchukwulaw: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
kogistar:
see wetin igbo gate mAn have caused now
Afonja the anti- igbo

1 Like

Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Druhill(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
princeofpeace22:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/50-yr-old-vgc-woman-murdered-gateman-salary/
This is a lesson for all, be friendly with your domestic staff because after God your life is in their hands.
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by MariamAlheri: 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
[/quote] Na why u con quote d whole tin naaaa?
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by mikolo80: 1:53am On Aug 25, 2016
marv1:
How can a woman be living all alone by herself. No husband, no boyfriend not even adopted child in her mansion yet she could not pay 30k salary to a gateman. Some people have forgoten that there no how u can live ur life in isolation that when evil will happen the person will be consumed by it. I am not jurging pls. God doest not want us to live in isolation.
so if he demand 50 k nko
Re: Mabel Okafor Was Murdered By Her Gateman In Lagos Over Salary by Blessograo(f): 2:17am On Aug 25, 2016
She may have kids who study abroad and maybe he r husband is also abroad or a divorced mom.
Dajugba:

May her soul rest in peace (R.I.p)

Mean while, not criticizing her choice of staying alone, she could have reasons to which she may have to use as evidence in judgment in heaven or hell. Hope this can teach those ladies who love to be alone. God who created the world knows why he wants a woman to have a man in her life. But if you love being single and alone, it's always advisable to have a relative around. It surely does help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man stabs mum to death over rent in Lagos. / Yoruba Youths Stab Hausa Man To Death In Ogun State / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.