Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos (33429 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's WAEC & GCE Results Shared By Reno Omokri (Photo) / See What Peter Obi Told Reno Omokri About Buhari When He Met Him In New York(pix / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Pchidexy(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2016
Their is no need for this ego massaging message by Reno. No black race has any thing to be proud of. Why are we blowing our trumpet? What do we expect the Whites and East Asians to do?

Igbos should take time to organize themselves politically and socially.

We may have a high IQ but until it translates to economics success to the average household then, we are not successful.

We should take a cue from Kenya. These people without crude oil are doing great. They are not shouting.

They jews, the Chinese,the Lebanese, Indians, do not blow their trumpet.

Enuff said!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by stankezzy: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2016
Cut off mark into federal government college, check igbo states cut off and compare it with others, go and check jamb and waec scores each year , you will know people that are more intelligent

9 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Ritchiee: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Mckennedy:

Name one Yoruba inventor? Until then I can take you serious
lol...You asked for one...I would have given you more....

Adepoju.

He is the inventor of the INYE-1 & 2, tablet computers designed for the African market.

Bio: Saheed is the Co-founder of Encipher Limited, a Nigerian-based technology company that introduced the first android-powered tablet into Nigeria. The INYE-1, which was unveiled in April 2010 is a 7-inch resistive screen tablet. It runs android 2.1 and allows users to connect to the internet using its inbuilt WIFI card and to use an external 3G modem from GSM networks. It offers about 3 hours of battery life and allows HDMI output to HDMI capable devices.
INYE-2, which was unveiled in May 2011, is an 8-inch capacitive screen tablet. It runs Android 2.2 and allows users to connect to the internet using its inbuilt Wi-Fi card as well as its inbuilt SIM. It offers about 8 hours of battery life and allow users to connect to other USB devices....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by wtfCode: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2016
one of the reasons 'we beat our chest'. cool
cus we are igbos...got that?
grin grin

we the best 4 sure.
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by wtfCode: 8:54am On Aug 24, 2016
MrCork:

..awww,thanks babes I no. Thank for my priiick compliment!! smiley

wtf...dude are u yoruba?
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Mylove55(f): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2016
ConqueredWest:
Afonjas will not like this story oooooooooo
and it take afonja to write ipod story, becos afonjas are more intelligent than ipods.

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by seedsower(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2016
ChelseaDotCom:

This particular quote by Reno makes me laugh...."Right there, under his own nose, Nigerians of Igbo extraction, without ANY governmental support, are manufacturing electronics and heavy machinery components and Onu is caught up on pencils!"
It is obvious that that guy isn't an engineer. What! Igbos are manufacturing electronics ke, for where? Does he really know what an IC is...no African country produces just a resistor let alone electronics. May be he wanted to say assemble. What we presently do across Nigeria is to download a circuit diagram from the net and reproduce, and that's no brainer....Igbos needs to stop deceiving themselves. The easiest thing to do is to copy from the original....if u ever cheat in school, u'll understand what I mean.

Can you fulani herdsmen cheat technologically? It's takes some level of intelligence to cheat in some certain subjects.

Igbo must not invent, downloading an existing work and being able to develop and customize it to meet needs of certain users isn't a no brainer job.

That i used a made in Japan gas cooker to prepare moi moi doesn't make the moi moi made in Japan, but made in my kitchen there the refore export will be cargo(ed) from my home.

It's tribalism that is killing Nigeria.

You sure know the truth, you may continue to type poo in self defence.

9 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2016
zuchyblink:
Some Products Made in Igboland. 1.) IVM
G5 by #Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co.
Ltd., Nnewi. 2.) #Anambra Rice, Made in
Anambra State. 3.) Ibeto Cement by Ibeto
Group, Nnewi. Processing plant located in
Ụ́gwụ́ Ọ́chá (#PortHarcourt) 4.) Cutix
Electrical Cables by Cutix Plc, #Nnewi. 5.)
Ebony Gold Rice by EbonyAgro, #Ebonyi
State. 6.) Made in #Aba shoes, Abia State.
(Don't look down on Made in Aba, go
support Aba shoemakers like you support
foreign shoemakers) 7.) A-Z Engine Oil by
AZ Petroleum, Nnewi. 8.) 80C engine
motorcycle (1st wholly Made in Nigeria
motorcycle) by National Engineering
Design and Development Institute, Nnewi.
9.) Hero Beer also called Oh Mpa (Oh Father)
in reference to General Emeka Ojukwu,
made in #Onitsha by SABMiller. All these
with little or no Federal Government
support. Tell President @ThisisBuhari to
invest in the Southeast (Igboland) maka
Na #Igbo Amaka!

Lmao!! I swear u guys are funny!

I wonder what South Africans, Egyptians, the British, Greeks & Chinese should now call themselves. Lol! All these bragging on top of nothing. As in wish there was a word to describe 'less than nothing'.

I swear the whole 1st & 2nd page of this thread is unbelievable! Almost insane.

This NEED to "ascribe superiority to urselves" & "to be affirmed by others" is a real case study in psychology. It's laughable pple like Reno omokri even know all they have to do is stroke it a bit to get adulation. I just had no idea dis kind of psychosis is generational. Incredible.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2016
Hisduchess:

aswear d guy nah complete clown.
so are onye anambra.
am from idemili north
Lol, check ur inbox and reply me.
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by honeychild(f): 9:33am On Aug 24, 2016
Rexleo:
Ayodele Awojobi
Born 12 March 1937
Oshodi, Lagos State, Nigeria
Died 23 September 1984 (aged 47)
Nationality Nigerian
Occupation Mechanical engineer, social activist, author
Ayodele Oluwatuminu Awojobi (12 March 1937 – 23 September 1984), also known by the nicknames "Dead Easy",[1] "The Akoka Giant", and "Macbeth", was a Nigerian academic, author, inventor, social crusader and activist.[2][3] He was considered a scholarly genius by his teachers and peers alike.[4][5] He quickly advanced in his field to become the youngest professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Lagos, Nigeria in 1974. Earlier the same year, he became the first African to be awarded the degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) in Mechanical Engineering at the then Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (now Imperial College London)[2] – a degree only exceptionally and rarely awarded to a scholar under the age of 40.

His research papers, particularly in the field of vibration, are still cited by international research fellows in Engineering as lately as the year 2011,[6] and are archived by such publishers as the Royal Society.[7]Even in sport Joe lasisi floored Jerry okorodudu twice and the man said he saw lions attacked him that his punches were like hammer.in the world of poetry my Nobel wole shoyinka over and above a chinua Achebe, religion Bishop Ajayi crowther the first indigenous translator of the bible on the African continent.[/b]I give it to the Igbo man for been boisterous and loud and empty[b] but in an other field of human endeavours they come a distance third to the Yoruba man.

grin grin grin
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by honeychild(f): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2016
MChaze25:

Nobody is bragging with you.
Simply Write these in igbo;-
"igbo is a great nation"

Ndi Igbo bu mba ukwu.

And I am not igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Mckennedy: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2016
Rexleo:
Ayodele Awojobi
Born 12 March 1937
Oshodi, Lagos State, Nigeria
Died 23 September 1984 (aged 47)
Nationality Nigerian
Occupation Mechanical engineer, social activist, author
Ayodele Oluwatuminu Awojobi (12 March 1937 – 23 September 1984), also known by the nicknames "Dead Easy",[1] "The Akoka Giant", and "Macbeth", was a Nigerian academic, author, inventor, social crusader and activist.[2][3] He was considered a scholarly genius by his teachers and peers alike.[4][5] He quickly advanced in his field to become the youngest professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Lagos, Nigeria in 1974. Earlier the same year, he became the first African to be awarded the degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) in Mechanical Engineering at the then Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (now Imperial College London)[2] – a degree only exceptionally and rarely awarded to a scholar under the age of 40.

His research papers, particularly in the field of vibration, are still cited by international research fellows in Engineering as lately as the year 2011,[6] and are archived by such publishers as the Royal Society.[7]Even in sport Joe lasisi floored Jerry okorodudu twice and the man said he saw lions attacked him that his punches were like hammer.in the world of poetry my Nobel wole shoyinka over and above a chinua Achebe, religion Bishop Ajayi crowther the first indigenous translator of the bible on the African continent.I give it to the Igbo man for been boisterous and loud and empty but in an other field of human endeavours they come a distance third to the Yoruba man.

Long stories....name one car or motorcycle produced by Ayodele Awojobi?

6 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
This is a fine write up by Reno.

It is factual and honest. It did not sound divisive or seek to elevate one tribe over another.

I am Igbo in all ramification.

Nwa'afo ka'mbu

But I think it's important to sound that despite knowing how blessed we are as a people, it is wrong to feel and act superior over others.

Whom God has blessed, no man can curse.

We are blessed to be blessings to others and others are blessed to be blessings to us.

I don't buy the inferior/superior ideology and as much as this Artcle by Reno might innocuously make that prop up, we should guard against it.

Many of us who are privy to history have felt angered over how Igbos are/were treated.

We have called Nigeria a contraption, we have called it a zoo, we have demanded for a sovereign state.

But the reality remains that we are still here.
We live, breathe, birth, work and eat in Nigeria.

We should start seeing everyone as brothers and sisters. There is no need to feel that you are better than anyone, even if all indices point to that.

Feeling that way is making room for pride.
And pride always goes before a fall.

Thank you.

Good talk....

3 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2016
braden107:
You have said the truth. These guys are just a bunch of clowns .
The fact is that no tribe is superior to another. There are stvpid and intelligent ,industrious and lazy,beautiful and ugly people in every tribe ,but it just depends on the leadership. I have a saying that goes :There are 7 billion idiots controlled by 1 million wise men. If an intelligent visionary from any tribe leads their place , the place would progress. Some tribes have larger populations and are more visible than others . China is not better than Singapore,Japan or South Korea just becaue those ones have smaller population and landmass.China just has larger population and is more visble. .
Every one has great visions for their place not just igbos . Igbos should be grateful for free oil money allocation. Igbos should not trespass and include other regions In their biafra map.
My friend, you've been running your mouth up and down to attract attention. Was the article written by an Igbo man? Is Remond Okiriri Igbo man? What's your problem? Who the Bleep is even thinking of including your Oron into Igbo nation. Just fuvck off this thread if you don't have anything sensible to say.

5 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Mckennedy: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2016
Ritchiee:

lol...You asked for one...I would have given you more....

Adepoju.

He is the inventor of the INYE-1 & 2, tablet computers designed for the African market.

Bio: Saheed is the Co-founder of Encipher Limited, a Nigerian-based technology company that introduced the first android-powered tablet into Nigeria. The INYE-1, which was unveiled in April 2010 is a 7-inch resistive screen tablet. It runs android 2.1 and allows users to connect to the internet using its inbuilt WIFI card and to use an external 3G modem from GSM networks. It offers about 3 hours of battery life and allows HDMI output to HDMI capable devices.
INYE-2, which was unveiled in May 2011, is an 8-inch capacitive screen tablet. It runs Android 2.2 and allows users to connect to the internet using its inbuilt Wi-Fi card as well as its inbuilt SIM. It offers about 8 hours of battery life and allow users to connect to other USB devices....

Only on pages of papers not in reality.

3 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2016
Sirbun:
He just said it all, unity is power and let's work together for good..am one of IBO in Europe that work with great German technology and they saw the potential in me. If Nigeria can come as one some of us can relocate home and make the difference. Nigeria as a whole don't love themselves and how can we move on without unity?i joined this group in order to share views but here is a house of commotion where empty brains make jokes of everything just because of tribe issues,. I wept for my young brother who follow the footstep that reduce to where we are now.yorubas and IBO should pls make peace as the first step. Thanks brothers
Please come back to the East. The Igbo nation needs you.... We have to develop our homeland. Nigerians will not appreciate us until we do the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Rexleo(m): 10:05am On Aug 24, 2016
Mckennedy:

Long stories....name one car or motorcycle produced by Ayodele Awojobi?
Autonov 1 still at unlag Engineering Dept. And google will do u a world of good.

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by ibedun: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2016
bakynes:
First of all i do not beef the Igbos and yes i am Yoruba. I laugh at such articles and mindset.
Reno is just a big fool i repeat no African tribe is technologically advanced. The igbos are very hardworking, talented and smart that i agree on but to say they built Jet fighters and drilled and refined crude oil is just bullshit.

Only the whites and Asians do technology, why did it take Anglo-dutch company (Shell) to know Oil was buried beneath our soil, why didnt the igbos use their own technology to discover it. Or was the Hausa and Yoruba holding you down before the Civil war?

Igbos i do not hate you but stop allowing these fools like Reno Omokri to stroke your ego by lying to you.

3 gbosas! You hit the nail on the head. People wey no fit live for their own homeland?

2 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by xtervaganza(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2016
1st of, why didn't he tell all these parables to Jonathan when he was in power? Jonathan has his ears and the power then to channel every thing he suggested .

2, I know if ibo made shoes and stuffs. But ibo made electronis? You mean fake electronics imported from China sold as ibo made?

Talking about pistons and ish, they were imported from overseas and were only coupled here in Nigeria.

Conclusion: it does seem to me this guy has a new ibo leader who he is desperate to lick his butt. But at least he should get his facts right. He does appear like someone who knows little about electronics and stuffs a d eager to impress whoever is paymg him.

Anyway, the truth must be told. The ibos are well and truly industrious. But not all ibos. I've been to some ibo town where the locals are only interested in kaikai.

But to say they are the most industrious is too far a stretch.
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by wazobiaN9(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2016
golddust6000:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/igbo-blessing-nigeria/

Reno Omokri did NOT write this for the majority of small minds on Nairaland, as can be observed in several responses already.

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Mckennedy: 10:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Rexleo:
Autonov 1 still at unlag Engineering Dept. And google will do u a world of good.

Below is google description of your claim read carefully...

Autonov1, patent for the invention was never obtained before the inventor's untimely death. An abandoned Layland jeep was utilized for the invention and it is to this day, displayed at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos during the said faculty's "Engineering week". It basically consists of a jeep, with a second steering wheel built-in at the rear end that connects the axle. A gear-shift is also built here that connects, through a built-in mechanism, to the already pre-existing four gears, such that the hybrid vehicle can be driven on all four gears, in both forward and backward directions. The jeep's central compartment was re-designed to have a rotating floor mechanism that can swivel an occupant from the rear seat, to the front one and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Wumbawee: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2016
blues20:
This thread should not be an avenue for chest-beating, rather a place of retrospection.... cool

Supported. I am a full blown Igbo man from the heart of Igbo land. I think you are on point, let the little children in NL not digress this discussion by chest beating. This master piece is a call for retrospection.
Having said that, NLanders, do you know that the Chemical Engineering Department of UNN has been shut down since after the civil war because those ruling (mark my word "RULING"wink Nigeria thought that the technological advancement of the defunct Biafra republic was researched and developed in the department? Do you know that Obasanjo seized Ibeto's cement license because he is an Igbo and since he was competing favorably with an Hausa - Dangote - we must use state power to stop him? Do you know that the real issue between the 2 most dominant nationalities in the southern Nigeria - Yoruba and Igbo - is just fear of the former that the later will subsume their historical status as the earliest developed nationality in Nigeria and the later showing off and boasting that they are capable whether they are loved or hated. the Yoruba nation discovered that the Igbos were dominating in every space of national life before the civil war and they were playing second fiddle and this sparked jealousy instead of healthy collaboration to make Nigeria great. No wonder, as finance minister and to decimate the Igbos, Obafemi Awolowo promulgated the 20 pounds settlement of Igbos after the civil war irrespective of whatever you had in your account before the civil war. Followed by the indigenization of all the blue chip companies when the Igbos were still struggling to survive with 20 pounds they got. The indigenization policy literally transfer all the multinational concerns in Nigeria to the second most advanced nationality - the Yoruba nation. The Hausa/Fulani are no match to Igbo and Yoruba nations in any indices in terms of advancement and development, but they remain the rulers of Nigeria because they understand the power of unity. With this understanding, they do everything to make sure that Igbo nation and Yoruba nation never agree or come together because the day the Yorubas support the Igbos or Igbos support the Yorubas fully Nigeria will be liberated and the dominance of Hausa/Fulani in the political space of Nigeria will wane. An instance is during the GEJ national conference, when the Igbos were clamoring for equity in state creation the Hausa/Fulani delegates started weeping up sentiments among the Yoruba delegates by saying that Yoruba has more landmass and should be the ones clamoring instead of the Igbo thereby trying to lunch the Yoruba delegates against the Igbo aspiration. this was intended to create bad blood between the two nations, hence destroying any form of unity between the two nations in Nigeria, thus making the Hausa/Fulani to always have her political advantage.
I may write a thesis on this soon so watch out.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Rexleo(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2016
[/b][b][b][/b]
Mckennedy:

Below is google description of your claim read carefully...

Autonov1, patent for the invention was never obtained before the inventor's untimely death. An abandoned Layland jeep was utilized for the invention and it is to this day, displayed at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos during the said faculty's "Engineering week". It basically consists of a jeep, with a second steering wheel built-in at the rear end that connects the axle. A gear-shift is also built here that connects, through a built-in mechanism, to the already pre-existing four gears, such that the hybrid vehicle can be driven on all four gears, in both forward and backward directions. The jeep's central compartment was re-designed to have a rotating floor mechanism that can swivel an occupant from the rear seat, to the front one and vice versa.
. Autonov1, patent for the invention was never obtained before the inventor's untimely death. Ur own words. I rest my case or English dey worry you.
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by joshkke(m): 10:45am On Aug 24, 2016
I am Igbo. I agree 100% with this piece. Having said that, I would like to refer to something the late sage Prof Chinua Achebe pointed out in 'There was a country'. He clearly and truthfully said that the Igbos tendency to arrogance made it difficult for other tribes to relate to and with us.

This truth is the bane of modern Igbo advancement. Having noted the unique skill set of the Igbo, it is well for the Igbo to recognize the contributions other tribes have made and can still make. This spirit of diplomacy is the true modern Igbo spirit which will achieve in decades what may otherwise take centuries. Why won't they fear you? You give them little reason not to do so. You want to lead? Make it easy for others to follow by a spirit of humility and conciliation.

I know how difficult and painful it is to forget and forgive past and present wrongs. But that is just what the new Igbo nation must do. The alternative, even if successful, will inevitably be at the cost of precious lives, Igbo and non-Igbo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2016
Wumbawee:

Supported. I am a full blown Igbo man from the heart of Igbo land. I think you are on point, let the little children in NL not digress this discussion by chest beating. This master piece is a call for retrospection.
Having said that, NLanders, do you know that the Chemical Engineering Department of UNN has been shut down since after the civil war because those ruling (mark my word "RULING"wink Nigeria thought that the technological advancement of the defunct Biafra republic was researched and developed in the department? Do you know that Obasanjo seized Ibeto's cement license because he is an Igbo and since he was competing favorably with an Hausa - Dangote - we must use state power to stop him? Do you know that the real issue between the 2 most dominant nationalities in the southern Nigeria - Yoruba and Igbo - is just fear of the former that the later will subsume their historical status as the earliest developed nationality in Nigeria and the later showing off and boasting that they are capable whether they are loved or hated. the Yoruba nation discovered that the Igbos were dominating in every space of national life before the civil war and they were playing second fiddle and this sparked jealousy instead of healthy collaboration to make Nigeria great. No wonder, as finance minister and to decimate the Igbos, Obafemi Awolowo promulgated the 20 pounds settlement of Igbos after the civil war irrespective of whatever you had in your account before the civil war. Followed by the indigenization of all the blue chip companies when the Igbos were still struggling to survive with 20 pounds they got. The indigenization policy literally transfer all the multinational concerns in Nigeria to the second most advanced nationality - the Yoruba nation. The Hausa/Fulani are no match to Igbo and Yoruba nations in any indices in terms of advancement and development, but they remain the rulers of Nigeria because they understand the power of unity. With this understanding, they do everything to make sure that Igbo nation and Yoruba nation never agree or come together because the day the Yorubas support the Igbos or Igbos support the Yorubas fully Nigeria will be liberated and the dominance of Hausa/Fulani in the political space of Nigeria will wane. An instance is during the GEJ national conference, when the Igbos were clamoring for equity in state creation the Hausa/Fulani delegates started weeping up sentiments among the Yoruba delegates by saying that Yoruba has more landmass and should be the ones clamoring instead of the Igbo thereby trying to lunch the Yoruba delegates against the Igbo aspiration. this was intended to create bad blood between the two nations, hence destroying any form of unity between the two nations in Nigeria, thus making the Hausa/Fulani to always have her political advantage.
I may write a thesis on this soon so watch out.
Well said. This the sole reason I'm advocating for home-ward migration, especially from the western/northern axis of this country. I'm also pushing up for an economic base that is solidly dependent on Knowledge/Science/Technology/. Igboland will be great again. I'm currently working on an application that will factor on this trends. God is on our side.

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by ibedun: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2016
THE IGBOS ARE NONENTITIES AND THIS EGO STROKING PIECE IS NOTHING SHORT OF BALD-AWASH.

WHY? UNTIL THIS MAJORITY TRIBE GO AND DEVELOP, LIVE AND THRIVE IN IGBOLAND ALL THESE ACCOLADES MEAN NOTHING. THE COMMERCIAL ACHIEVEMENTS ATTRIBUTED TO THE IGBOS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT PROVIDED (INTENTIONALLY OR NOT) BY THE YORUBA PEOPLE. THEY PROVIDED MARKET ACCESS, CUSTOMER BASE, LAND, ACCOMODATION AND ACCEPTANCE. WITHOUT THIS PATHWAYS TO WEALTH THE IGBOS WOULD NEVER HAVE RECOVERED AS QUICKLY AS THEY HAVE DONE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR. THE IGBOS DID NOT BRING THE MONEY AND THE WEALTH THEY ENJOY TODAY FROM IGBOLAND. THE WEALTH WERE ACCUMULATED PRIMARILY IN YORUBA LAND.

SO BEAT YOUR CHEST IF YOU MUST BUT RESPECT YOUR ELDERS.

2 Likes

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by ariesbull: 11:39am On Aug 24, 2016
Pchidexy:
Their is no need for this ego massaging message by Reno. No black race has any thing to be proud of. Why are we blowing our trumpet? What do we expect the Whites and East Asians to do?

Igbos should take time to organize themselves politically and socially.

We may have a high IQ but until it translates to economics success to the average household then, we are not successful.

We should take a cue from Kenya. These people without crude oil are doing great. They are not shouting.

They jews, the Chinese,the Lebanese, Indians, do not blow their trumpet.

Enuff said!

I think Igbo should be left alone to have their country so that we can see this postulations come to pass
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by Ritchiee: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2016
@ibe123
Yorubas are far more developed than Igbos and far more intelligent.If you say you are good,you give reasons and not propaganda and we will attest to the facts enumerated.
Let us compare...
Before colonialism:
Yorubas built empires like Britain,Rome etc up to Dahomey,Ghana and Togo while Igbos were very primitive during this period and practising great primitivities that you are conversant with.
2.Yorubas were civilized and living in organised environment,used higher materials for building e.g what you call brown roof now as against palm tree leaves been used by Igbos.
3.Yorubas were never naked or half naked as against Igbos who were still half naked as near as1921...you can visit wikipedia and see pix of some of their women in 1921.
There are still more but let me go to when each region was controlling its destinies..
1.Yorubas were first in everything development-wise..
2.They built the first skyscraper in tropical Africa.
3.First Olympic swimning pool.
4.First Television in tropical Africa.
5.First newspaper etc
Had many firsts in almost everything and still having it till date.

20th and 21st centuries till date..
1.Yoruba has 2 Nobel Laureates Igbos have none.
2.Yoruba has several youngest phd holders in Nigeria and in the world Igbos have none
3.Yorubas have more than 10 gramny awards in their kitty from a couple of Yorubas.Igbos have none.
Yorubas are the only ones who have repeatedly broken the records of universities and polytechnics home and abroad by taking 5.0 and 4.0 CGP respectively.THE FUNNY THING IS IGBOS HAVE NONE.
Yoruba even controls 70% of the ICT world in Nigeria.As we speak,SW is the 3rd economy in Africa
The list is endless.
Anybody that says Igbos are anything near the Yorubas should compare and contrast...
NOW A TRIBE LIKE YORUBA SHOULD BE THE ONE BEATING THEIR CHESTS THAT THEY ARE BRILLIANT THAN ALL BLACKS BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BLACK TRIBE WITH THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS
BUT WE KNOW GOD HAS CREATED EVERYBODY AND EVERY TRIBE TO BE GREAT IN THEIR OWN RIGHT.
WE ARE ALL GREAT IN THE DIFFERENT FIELDS GOD HAS ENDOWED US WITH....

1 Like

Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by ariesbull: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2016
honeychild:

Ndi Igbo bu mba ukwu.

And I am not igbo.

That's the wrong translation

The right one is
Ani ndi Igbo bu di ukwu
Or
Igbo bu oke MBA

Depending on the context
Re: Article Written By Reno Omokri About The Igbos by clickwtB(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2016
My problem with some Igbos is that every commercial /scientific invention is to be purchased/used/utilised by other humans, so do not overly hate/lookdown on any other tribe/race/ethnic group.Every ethnic/tribe/race has the good,the bad,the ugly and the fine etc in its fold.Well done every body.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri For Episcopal Church Ordinaton (Pictures) / Shettima Arrives For Opening Ceremony Of NBA's Annual General Conference / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.