Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism (10294 Views)

Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Tony Miano gives a short illustration on the foolishness of atheism:

"Last year I attended the Santa Clarita Street Art Festival, with my brother-in-law, nieces, and nephews. During that time, I was blessed to distribute about four hundred gospel tracts to members of my community.

Some very talented artists were on-hand for this year's festival--chalk artists, musicians, a professional drum corps, and more. There were even some artists who used Post-its to create a picture of Bugs Bunny and Road Runner.

One of the most interesting displays of artistic talent was the Dirty Car Art, by Scott Wade.
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8Kh6UKoI/AAAAAAAADWM/wrzmy9IiFxk/s280/IMG_0566.JPG[/img]

Amazing what an intelligent and creative mind can do with a car, some dust, and a brush.
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8N9NIjYI/AAAAAAAADWQ/RV0W-XuPuYo/s280/IMG_0567.JPG[/img]

How ignorant it would have been for me to walk up to Scott Wade and say, "How long did it take those detailed images to spontaneously appear in the dust, on your car? It must have taken billions of years!"
[img]http://4.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8RD0_GcI/AAAAAAAADWU/QA_RCdhw2b4/s280/IMG_0568.JPG[/img]

How ridiculous it would have been for me to ask Mr. Wade why he was taking credit for creating the images on his dirty car, when it was obvious that they simply appeared by chance. A little dust, a little wind, a little time and, voila!
[img]http://2.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8UQ3JcmI/AAAAAAAADWY/w5yyeJk6JbE/s280/IMG_0569.JPG[/img]

Wade had a notebook on a table of many of the dirty car images he has created over the years. They were extraordinary.

How foolish and insulting it would have been for me to tell the artist that I didn't believe he created the images; even though I had a piece of dirty car art right in front of me, which provided ample evidence for the authenticity of the other images in the notebook.
[img]http://1.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8XkIWoTI/AAAAAAAADWc/X1Yeoz9RtP0/s280/IMG_0570.JPG[/img]

In fact, I don't think any atheist would have approached Mr. Wade and made such ridiculous assertions.
[img]http://3.bp..com/_1WVnhyPFiRY/TKk8a2ZZuhI/AAAAAAAADWg/POo0hQJmeNI/s280/IMG_0571.JPG[/img]

Yet, sadly, in a futile attempt to sear and blind their own conscience, and in order to deny what they already know in their heart and mind; the atheist makes similar ridiculous arguments against the existence of God and His creative power. Claiming to be wise, they have become fools (Romans 1:22).

The atheist wouldn't think of committing intellectual suicide and setting themselves up for embarrassment by suggesting to a human artist that their artwork occurred as a result of coincidental and random actions performed by mindless, independent elements. Yet, the atheist commits intellectual suicide every day. No, instead, the atheist, like any reasonable person, would compliment Mr. Wade for his amazing artwork.

So, why does the atheist violate his or her own conscience and deny what they know in their heart is true? The sad and simple truth is that they love their sin and, therefore, try as hard as they can to suppress the truth about God and His creation, by their unrighteousness.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools" (Romans 1:18-22).

Yes, Scott Wade is an amazing artist. But God's amazing and detailed design of the Universe makes Mr. Wade's artwork seem like a toddler's fingerpainting.

And it is this amazing, powerful, supremely intelligent Creator that each and every one of us will one-day stand before and give an account for our lives. When that great and terrible day comes, because God is good, He is going to judge each of us according to the perfect, moral standard of His Law. If we've ever lied, stolen, taken His name in vain, He will find us guilty of breaking His Law. And because God is good, He must punish our sin; and the punishment God has ascribed for sin is eternity in Hell.

But God is also merciful, loving, and kind in that He provided one way to escape that punishment; and that was through the gift of His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ: fully-God and fully-Man, without sin. He died a horrible, bloody death on the cross that He did not deserve in order to take upon Himself the punishment we rightly deserve for our sins against God. And then three days later He forever defeated sin and death when He rose from the grave.

What God requires of you and me is that we repent--that we turn from our sin, and by faith and by faith alone, receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

So, please, repent and believe the gospel while God has given you time.

I know a number of atheists will read this blog post. Of course, some of them will be incensed that I dare to question their intelligence or, at the very least, their common sense. I don't think atheists are stupid. Not at all. They are merely and tragically self-deceived. And I no more want an atheist to perish in their sin than I would want that for any other lost person.

The foolishness of atheism is as foolish as denying that Scott Wade is a talented artist. Repent and believe the gospel while God has given you time.

source: http://www.onthebox.us/2011/09/twitteneutics-day-5.html?m=1

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2016
cc: KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Apparently , Atheism has a problem with religion and not God's existence . God exists indeed but atheists have a problem with how this entity is portrayed by religion .

Watch how they'll inundate this thread with memes on religion without questioning the rationale behind God's existence

To the haters , Nice thread bro

5 Likes

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Life itself is one big HD screen that speaks of an intelligent designer especially if man needs to also intelligently design before any complex thing we use can come into existence yet they claim nature designed itself even with so much beauty, diversity and purpose.

I sometimes wonder if i am even okay by trying to argue with an atheist because nature has been doing that longer than i have in detail and with images yet they fail to see and accept.

I always say they are in self denial because if they cannot believe that which they see is it the unseen that they would believe?

Yet another explosive thread bro....More wisdom and more grace.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by felixomor: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2016
I love this!

This remains one of the best analogies ever, when it comes to making bare the foolishness of atheism.

nice thread!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by FearGodAndLive: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2016
That something sounds 'foolish' doesn't make it necessarily false.

Also, the analogy forgets one aspect. The artist spoke for himself. There was no confusion, no need for 'faith' to discover the artist.

God on the other hand has many appearances, each as 'legitimate' as the other.

9 Likes

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
That something sounds 'foolish' doesn't mean it is necessarily false.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Golden'

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by FearGodAndLive: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Golden'

Like Phelps. cool

2 Likes

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
[size=15pt]That something sounds 'foolish' doesn't make it necessarily false. [/size]

Also, the analogy forgets one aspect. The artist spoke for himself. There was no confusion, no need for 'faith' to discover the artist.

Did i just read that?

[img]http://media3./media/3osxY9bfFvPrMnwIYo/200_s.gif[/img]

Reminds one of 1 Corinthians 1:18-31

[b]18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.[/b]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2016
Nice thread bro...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I sometimes wonder if i am even okay by trying to argue with an atheist because nature has been doing that longer than i have in detail and with images yet they fail to see and accept.

Exactly'
They can't be argued into the kingdom, Nature is doing that job perfectly.

Their minds just need to be quickned once in a while, and the minds of those who are dying slowly in the faith as a result of their actions.

Thanks Bro.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Apparently , Atheism has a problem with religion and not God's existence . God exists indeed but atheists have a problem with how this entity is portrayed by religion .

Watch how they'll inundate this thread with memes on religion without questioning the rationale behind God's existence

To the haters , Nice thread bro
Lol.

God will be even when they are no more. Its a waste of time to fight yourself.

thanks bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2016
is this an attack on evolution?

If it is, then all i can say is that NOONE CLAIMS EVOLUTION IS BY RANDOM CHANCE, and anyone who does, doesnt know what evolution is all about...

2 Likes

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Did i just read that?

[img]http://media3./media/3osxY9bfFvPrMnwIYo/200_s.gif[/img]

Reminds one of 1 Corinthians 1:18-31

[b]18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.[/b]
Good one.

They know this things, they realize the foolishness of most of the theories of what they believe. They just dont acknowledge it.

They are only trying to subdue their conscience and teach their minds not to believe in God. Its sad.

The devil is one hell of a basta*d.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

If it is, then all i can say is that NOONE CLAIMS EVOLUTION IS BY RANDOM CHANCE, and anyone who does, doesnt know what evolution is all about...
Its not an attack on evolution.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

This has absolutely nothing to do with evolution so chill
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2016
winner01:
Good one.

They know this things, they realize the foolishness of most of the theories of what they believe. They just dont acknowledge it.

They are only trying to subdue their conscience and teach their minds not to believe in God. Its sad.

The devil is one hell of a basta*d.

Shows how deep the deception is...Its rooted in a false reality...same scenario and gimmicks the devil used with Adam and Eve.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Evolution is a method of design . In software engineering , improvements are made to a software product to meet the requirements of the customer . Evolution does not preclude design .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Nice thread bro...

grin
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
That something sounds 'foolish' doesn't make it necessarily false.

You gave yourself away so cheaply . You failed to acknowledge the works of a creator because you have not seen the creator ?

That explains a lot !

I clearly said that atheists have a problem with religion and not the rationale behind the existence of God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

winner01:
Its not an attack on evolution.

Ok

Then what exactly are you attacking?, because if you are using a painting that was intelligently design, i dont see how that equates to atheism which is just the rejection of a belief in a deity. The outside universe is pretty much random and chaotic, and the only place design pops up is on Life which every educated person now knows wasnt designed but evolved, so i really ddnt get the point of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

Ok

Then what exactly are you attacking?, because if you are using a painting that was intelligently design, i dont see how that equates to atheism which is just the rejection of a belief in a deity. The outside universe is pretty much random and chaotic, and the only place design pops up is on Life which every educated person now knows wasnt designed but evolved, so i really ddnt get the point of the thread.

You have just been told that this is not an attack and you still say it is?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by winner01(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Uncertainty Bro smiley graduating to Insecurity. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I'm not sure why he wants to make it about evolution .
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

What are you saying?, I acknowledged it is not about evolution and asked what it was about because the argument of intelligent design mostly pops up when we are refering to life...

donnffd:

Ok

Like seriously, what exactly dont you understand from this post?
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

What are you saying?, I acknowledged it is not about evolution and asked what it was about because the argument of intelligent design mostly pops up when we are refering to life...

Like seriously, what exactly dont you understand from this post?

I suggest you "intelligently" and honestly read the OP again and the subsequent comments excluding yours then maybe you would realize that the topic is about Atheism and not Evolution...... Please try not to derail this gorgeous thread
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by FearGodAndLive: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You gave yourself away so cheaply . You failed to acknowledge the works of a creator because you have not seen the creator ?
No. I popped up in this world just like you. I will die soon just like you. I will experience happiness, joy, sorrow, pain just like you. Coming wasn't a choice I made, hopefully leaving won't be mine.

Unlike you, I'm not that self-conceited to believe this world was specially created for me. I make no claims to have ever met a Creator - there's clearly none in sight. All we see is what we experience.

Even if I should accept there is a Creator, you must realize that history is littered with the corpses of dead Gods. The one you worship, is one of the most recent. Time will take care of Him too.

Have fun, Jewish African.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

No. I popped up in this world just like you. I will die soon just like you. I will experience happiness, joy, sorrow, pain just like you. Coming wasn't, hopefully leaving won't be mine.

Unlike you, I'm not that self-conceited to believe this world was specially created for me. I make no claims to have ever met a Creator - there's clearly none in sight. All we see is what we experience.

Even if I should accept there is a Creator, you must realize that history is littered with the corpses of dead Gods. The one you worship, is one of the most recent. Time will take care of Him too.

Have fun, Jewish African.

Argumentum ad passiones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by donnffd(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I suggest you "intelligently" and honestly read the OP again and the subsequent comments excluding yours then maybe you would realize that the topic is about Atheism and not Evolution...... Please try not to derail this gorgeous thread

When you start throwing insults the moment you have been shown to err shows your insecured attitude to knowledge...

I first asked a simple question which was

donnffd:

You' all replied No, i said Ok, then what is it about? because it sure aint about Atheism

donnffd:

Ok

A simple conversation, i really dont see why you are worked up for it...abi na hatred?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Argumentum ad passiones

Ab absurdo Ab irato grin
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by FearGodAndLive: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Argumentum ad passiones
Brilliant and informative riposte.
Re: Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
donnffd:

When you start throwing insults the moment you have been shown to err shows your insecured attitude to knowledge...

I first asked a simple question which was

You' all replied No, i said Ok, then what is it about? because it sure aint about Atheism

A simple conversation, i really dont see why you are worked up for it...abi na hatred?

Show me where i insulted you? I only asked that you read the OP again and see that its all about Atheism and not evolution and even now you say you have read it again and are now saying it has nothing to do with Atheism..

Ok since you agree its not about Evolution and even when told what its about you still say its not about Atheism..oya tell us what you think the thread is all about.

Whatever you say we will follow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Miracle And Blessing? / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Isreal Was Never The Name Of King David's Kingdom It Was Yudah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.