Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

John Mikel Obi Targets Another Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Targets Another Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (477 Views)

John Mikel Obi Celebrates His 31st Birthday With Lovely Pictures / John Mikel Obi Enjoys End-Of-Year Get-Together With Teammates / Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi Targets Another Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games by robosky02(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
After winning bronze with Dream Team VI at Rio 2016 Games, John Mikel Obi is targeting another Olympics with Nigeria.

Mikel Obi was part of Dream Team VI squad that participated and won Bronze at Rio 2016 and is his already looking forward to another Olympics.

Writing about his experience in Rio, the midfielder says the winning Bronze has given him the hunger to participate again in Tokyo 2020.

Mikel Obi says winning bronze in Rio has given him the hunger to compete in 2020 Olympics (Getty Images )

“This experience has given me the hunger to do it again at the Olympics in Tokyo in 2020. I will be only 33 then and my game will still be at a high level,” the 29-year-old writes in his column for Standards Sports.

“I enjoyed every minute of being in Brazil and I have been talking to the other guys about playing in another Olympics. I'm already looking forward to it and the countdown is on!”

Mikel Obi says he has been discussing with his teammates about playing in another Olympics (Getty Images )

Although Mikel’s place at Chelsea is under doubt due to the presence of N’golo Kante and Nemanja Matic, the midfielder says winning bronze in Rio has also given him a lift as he returns to the club.

“I will go back to see the manager [Antonio Conte] and see what his plans are for me,” he writes.

“I want to get back into training and prove myself. I want to play and help the team to win games.

John Mikel Obi is ready to fight for a place in Chelsea (Chelsea FC via Getty Images )

“I know it will be difficult because I have missed most of pre-season and the coach has a new way of playing.

“But it is a positive thing for me that I have been playing well out here in Brazil and I'm in good shape.”

Mikel Obi has also been included in Super Eagles’ list to face Tanzania in a dead rubber African Cup of Nations qualifier.

http://pulse.ng/sports/football/john-mikel-obi-midfielder-targets-another-tokyo-2020-olympic-games-id5407582.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Ode For Arsene And Arsenal / To All Arsenal Fans / PHOTOS: Solar Eclipse In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.