Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit (601 Views)

Obiano's Wife Donates Ultramodern Toilet To Her Kinsmen After 3 Year In Office / Justice Abang Sends 4 NAHCO Staff To Spend Christmas In Jail / Justice Abang Suspends PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by iflywithbuhari(f): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court on Thursday disqualified himself from hearing the case of Incorporated Trustees of Oron Union in the interest of justice and fairplay.Mr. Abang said: “Having regard to the fact that I am from the Oron nation, an ethnic group in Akwa Ibom State, I think it is proper for me to return the case file. “The case file will be returned to the chief judge of the Federal High Court for reassignment to another judge other than me. “By consent of all parties to the suit, I hereby disqualify myself from further proceeding of this case on the account that I am from Akwa Ibom State,” he said. The suit was instituted by the Oron Union seeking an interim order to stop the Senate from confirming the nominations of Nsima Ekere and Frank George. The nominees were selected for appointment as Managing Director and Commissioner on the board of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), respectively. (NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/209154-justice-abang-declines-hearing-kinsmen-suit.html

1 Like

Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by iflywithbuhari(f): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sheriff has been vindicated, QED.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by josab122: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Is the man still on the bench? Jesos!
Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by LORDOFAFONJAS: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
the judiciary has gone to the dogs
Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by ojnnaco(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Controversial Abang. . . . .
Your name have been engraved in the sands of time either positively or negatively.
History will tell

1 Like

Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by mycar: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Neither of the parties is influential or Super rich, hence the decline
Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by omaguibu(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
He knows there is no way can escape strangulation if decides either in his ruling. Akwa Ibom people want spare him.
Re: A Man Of Honor: Justice Abang Declines Hearing Kinsmen Suit by Slynonny(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Because he won't be fair in his judgment that's why.
Stupid dog abang same as dog Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Visit To Owerri: SOS To Okorocha- Pictures / Mark Zuckerberg Back In Nigeria For Aso Rock Demo Villa Finale, Meets Pres. Buha / PHOTOS: UK Minister Of State For Immigration Signs MOU With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.